Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Was Xmas Born Of The Spirit Or Flesh? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Xmas Born Of The Spirit Or Flesh? (297 Views)

Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix / Born Of Water And The Spirit And The "Kai" Connection / Have You Truly Bèen Born Of Water And Spirit ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Xmas Born Of The Spirit Or Flesh? by anu3: 9:47am On Dec 04, 2021
No need to argue: what is born of the Spirit is Spirit, and what is born of the flesh is flesh.

I don't appreciate Christmas anymore because it's part of the traditions of men. You can't be a true Disciple of Jesus (Light) and appreciate what the world (religious Darkness appearing as light) appreciates.

We respect great pastors and churches more than God and His word, that's why we easily go astray just as they go astray for Money and the honour of the world.

Not to argue, but let's check ourselves to see if we truly belong to the truth or the world. For me, the test is in these The Four counts:

1. Did Jesus do it?

2. Did Jesus preach it?

3. Did the apostles do it?

4. Did the apostles preach it?

If it fails these four counts the rest of the world including Christendom may practice and preach it, but not for me in Jesus name. The same goes for tithing, Easter, etc.

Hence, I don't have special days: each day is equally special from God.

Col.2.16 - So don't let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new-moon ceremonies or Sabbaths.

Luke.16.15 - And He said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is HIGHLY esteemed among men is an ABOMINATION in the sight of God.

Grace...
Re: Was Xmas Born Of The Spirit Or Flesh? by POLYGAMY: 9:53am On Dec 04, 2021
WHAT IS XMAS
Re: Was Xmas Born Of The Spirit Or Flesh? by Shedrack777: 10:04am On Dec 04, 2021
well, there's a difference between xmas and Christmas. I Don't Celebrate Xmas, But I Celebrate Christmas. Because Xmas Is satanic
Re: Was Xmas Born Of The Spirit Or Flesh? by Ayo081(m): 10:24am On Dec 04, 2021
Shedrack777:
well, there's a difference between xmas and Christmas. I Don't Celebrate Xmas, But I Celebrate Christmas. Because Xmas Is satanic

Mention the differences

1 Like

Re: Was Xmas Born Of The Spirit Or Flesh? by Shedrack777: 10:56am On Dec 04, 2021
Ayo081:

Mention the differences
the satanic agents hate the word "Christ" because it drives them crazy and completely mad. how much more you want them calling the name. that's why the came up with x instead of Christ. Xmas Is Celebrating The Devil. While Christmas Is Celebratin God
Re: Was Xmas Born Of The Spirit Or Flesh? by sonmvayina(m): 12:54pm On Dec 04, 2021
Oh I just forget, we are in the yuletide season. Don't blame me. I have not heard any Christmas song in the entire benin city, but some few years Back, the whole town will be bubbling for the season.

One interesting thing about Joseph, in the Christmas story is that he was in his town with his relatives and family members. And yet he could not get any place for his pregnant wife...

Or when he told them a spirit impregnated his wife, they threw him out for being a mumu and lying to their face...kikikikikikiji

Re: Was Xmas Born Of The Spirit Or Flesh? by jmoore(m): 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2021
Shedrack777:

It may appear that Christ is being taken out of Christmas, but is this what is really going on?

First of all, you have to understand that it is not the letter X that is put into Christmas.
We see the English letter X there, but actually what it involves is the first letter of the Greek name for Christ.
Christos is the New Testament Greek for Christ.
The first letter of the Greek word Christos is transliterated into our alphabet as an X.
That X has come through church history to be a shorthand symbol for the name of Christ dated back in the 1500s.
Next time you hear someone talking about how wrong "xmas" is, please teach him or her the history behind it.

Jesus is the reason for the season.

Merry Xmas to you
smiley

1 Like

Re: Was Xmas Born Of The Spirit Or Flesh? by Kobojunkie: 3:25pm On Dec 04, 2021
Shedrack777:
Whether you tag it Christmas or you tag it Xmas, the point is that the celebration of the holiday as though it has to do with Jesus Christ, is antiChrist and of the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches), lies and ab abomination where God's Truth is concerned. undecided

You are better off celebrating it as you would any other pagan holiday like New Years, Independence day, Halloween, Memorial day etc. undecided
Re: Was Xmas Born Of The Spirit Or Flesh? by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Dec 04, 2021
Shedrack777:
the satanic agents hate the word "Christ" because it drives them crazy and completely mad. how much more you want them calling the name. that's why the came up with x instead of Christ. Xmas Is Celebrating The Devil. While Christmas Is Celebratin God
Actually, Satan does not hate the word Christ at all - that lie was fed you by your Pastors and Mogs to decieve you into becoming a zombie for their antiChrist schemes they plot using/abusing the name of Christ. undecided

Christmas/Xmas is not of Jesus Christ and has nothing to do with His Kingdom - He never commanded it or asked it of you to begin with - and when you engage in ideas and traditions that are not given you by Jesus Christ, yet in His name, you do so against Him - sin. undecided

Christmas/Xmas should be celebrated as a pagan holiday that has nothing to do with Jesus Christ and His Church, just as the pagans had it before men and their churches decided to kidnap it in the name of God pretending they honor God by doing so. undecided
Re: Was Xmas Born Of The Spirit Or Flesh? by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
jmoore:
1. It may appear that Christ is being taken out of Christmas, but is this what is really going on?

First of all, you have to understand that it is not the letter X that is put into Christmas.
We see the English letter X there, but actually what it involves is the first letter of the Greek name for Christ.
Christos is the New Testament Greek for Christ.
The first letter of the Greek word Christos is transliterated into our alphabet as an X.
That X has come through church history to be a shorthand symbol for the name of Christ dated back in the 1500s.
Next time you hear someone talking about how wrong "xmas" is, please teach him or her the history behind it.

Jesus is the reason for the season.

Merry Xmas to you
smiley
Jesus Christ has never been a part of Christmas/Xmas to begin with. He never commanded if and so you dishonor God by your attempts to link the holiday as if in His name. undecided

No man has authority to declare a thing, anything, to be of God where God Himself has not decreed it so, and so anyone who belongs to Jesus Christ, that celebrates Christmas as though it is of Jesus Christ , commits sin against God. undecided

We are free to celebrate Christmas/Xmas though because saying we are not to celebrate it in the name of God is also against God since God never said so. Individuals can celebrate the holiday as they would any pagan holiday like mothers day or fathers day or groundhog day or memorial day or new years, or April fools or Halloween etc. undecided
Re: Was Xmas Born Of The Spirit Or Flesh? by jmoore(m): 5:17pm On Dec 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ has never been a part of Christmas/Xmas to begin with. He never commanded if and so you dishonor God by your attempts to link the holiday as if in His name. undecided

Jesus didn't use internet to preach. Therefore anyone using internet to preach is dishonoring God.
Re: Was Xmas Born Of The Spirit Or Flesh? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:27pm On Dec 04, 2021
It's good to celebrate and do some merriment together as fellow believers, but then we need to consider what God's word says before doing what we feel is good for our God! 1Samuel 15:22 undecided

1 Like

Re: Was Xmas Born Of The Spirit Or Flesh? by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On Dec 04, 2021
jmoore:

Jesus didn't use internet to preach. Therefore anyone using internet to preach is dishonoring God.
Wrong! I am afraid you are still struggling with understanding how God's Law. undecided

God's Law says does in fact command that we teach the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, that which is His New Covenant Law, to those in the world.

The law however does not stipulate or regulate that we teach using certain mediums or tools, meaning that teaching those in the world using such tools as books, pamphlets, or internet or TV, do not violate God's Law at all. undecided

What this also means is we cannot claim these tools... books, pamphlets, internet, tv, etc., in some way honor God. No, they are just tools to be used by us as we see fit. They have nothing to do with God. The only thing that is to do done in the name of God is that which God In fact commands of Him - obedience is the only way we glorify/honor God.. -\

Again, the key here is do not add, do not remove and do not change....God's Law is immutable and it is when we understand what this means and how to properly live in obedience of Him that we truly become Sons of God, else everything else we claim to do in honor of God is evil in His sight. undecided

(1) (Reply)

How Can We Understand The Fall Of Man Through Adam / FLEE SEXUAL IMMORALITY: It Is The Spirit Of The Devil By Pst Paul Rika / Pastor Said Nobody Should Give Less Than 1000 For Offering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.