Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) (67053 Views)

I Killed This Snake Today At The Office. / We Saw This Python On Our Way Back From Church After Weeding / Man Finds Snake On His Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) by TundeWX: 6:30am On Dec 06, 2021
wink
schoolboymatt:

oshey!

snake master.
Re: Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) by okoroemeka(m): 6:33am On Dec 06, 2021
Joe4real1988:
This particular one is not 'Ajuala'. Ajuala is Python. They should have killed this Gabon viper coz its very deadly. Its only Ajuala(python) that's harmless.
python is harmless and non venomous it is called eke In igbo dialect,but puff adder,gaboon viper,Russell's viper,saw scale viper and the carpet viper are given the common name of abuani or ajuala in Igbo and it means land poison in english,not only do you an 80% Chance of dieing from a bite but you will also die a painful death,I am a farmer and that particular snake is a farmers no 1 enemy .

1 Like

Re: Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) by EmekaBlue(m): 6:41am On Dec 06, 2021
grin See distance. Let it walkaway ke or una dey fear
Re: Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) by rex444(m): 6:47am On Dec 06, 2021
Awoo88:

step on it next time you see it
do U realise in some parts it's one of the animals revered ? You give birth, it visits and you even rub powder on it ... Eke NWA ikputu
Re: Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) by ceaser: 6:53am On Dec 06, 2021
Is lala on annual leave? Be ause I wonder how this had to attain front page. This is not something he's gonna like.

Like how can you allow "meat" to escape and think lala will be happy? You should be posting pictures of this thing as it transits from the blade of your cutlass to the pot and into your mouth, not as it transits into the bush.

1 Like

Re: Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) by Hausa(m): 7:04am On Dec 06, 2021
okoroemeka:
python is harmless and non venomous it is called eke In igbo dialect,but puff adder,gaboon viper,Russell's viper,saw scale viper and the carpet viper are given the common name of abuani or ajuala in Igbo and it means land poison in english,not only do you an 80% Chance of dieing from a bite but you will also die a painful death,I am a farmer and that particular snake is a farmers no 1 enemy .
sorry, but which one is Echi-eteka?
Re: Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) by dikeizu1(m): 7:29am On Dec 06, 2021
Guess this is agwoogbulugbu, in ihe town of enugu state
Re: Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) by Awoo88: 7:40am On Dec 06, 2021
rex444:
do U realise in some parts it's one of the animals revered ? You give birth, it visits and you even rub powder on it ... Eke NWA ikputu
Eke (python) is a non venomous snake. Have you seen people putting Ajuana in their homes?

1 Like

Re: Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) by XXII: 7:48am On Dec 06, 2021
TundeWX:
shocked thats a gaboon viper...highly venomous

What's the distinguishing difference between the Gaboon viper and the Puff adder?
Re: Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) by BBQZ: 7:50am On Dec 06, 2021
And I will cause hostility between you (snake) and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring. He will strike your head, and you will strike his heel. Genesis 3:15
Re: Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) by TundeWX: 7:53am On Dec 06, 2021
XXII:

What's the distinguishing difference between the Gaboon viper and the Puff adder?
This pic was from a nairalander who shared it

1 Like

Re: Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) by XXII: 8:01am On Dec 06, 2021
TundeWX:

This pic was from a nairalander who shared it

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) by justmondris: 8:17am On Dec 06, 2021
He that let go of a living snake, has endangered the life of his own brother.
Re: Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) by uniquetechng: 8:19am On Dec 06, 2021
DOTian:

Ajuani/Abuani, which is the name for viper is an Igbo word. It's not an "ika language of Delta State".
If you want to create that distinction, start by inventing a new language!
By guided pls..
Ajuani is certainly not an Israeli word, so he is right because it sounds more like an Ika word than Israeli's.

1 Like

Re: Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) by chinchonglee(m): 9:04am On Dec 06, 2021
prince4pro2:
Met this snake today on our way we let it go . Nairaland snake masters oya gather around is it venomous snake or not?. Don't know how to upload the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhU5FQEiuvg
Guy you guys made a very big mistake by letting that thing go...

That is a highly venomous gaboon viper. Jst one bite can kill in almost 20mins.

From what am seeing in that video that thing is crawling into a very thick bush which pple's farm are located.
People will enter there to farm and the snake might strike on their legs once it senses threat.
RIP to somebody in advance. You just killed someone
Re: Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) by Chibuezem(m): 11:33am On Dec 06, 2021
MufasaLion:
You did the right thing. Snakes shouldn't be killed most especially if they are in their habitat.
until the snake kisses your bumbum for toilet
I kill any snake I jam for road
Re: Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) by DOTian: 12:29pm On Dec 06, 2021
uniquetechng:
Ajuani is certainly not an Israeli word, so he is right because it sounds more like an Ika word than Israeli's.

Something has to be done about mkpûrû mmiri in this country.....
Re: Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 06, 2021
juniorstar:

Deadly snake..a gaboon viper..i pity the person that comes in contact with it..the bush is very thick..from its triangular head and colour pattern..you will know..please which state is this and the area..i googled the location where they are mostly found and i discovered they are majorly found in the north..
them full taraba state. . They are also in d south too, but surplus up north

1 Like

Re: Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) by MufasaLion: 1:33pm On Dec 06, 2021
Chibuezem:
until the snake kisses your bumbum for toilet
I kill any snake I jam for road

You can think better than this.
Re: Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) by Chibuezem(m): 8:30pm On Dec 06, 2021
MufasaLion:

You can think better than this.
and the better thing is.......
Re: Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video) by mandate12: 10:05pm On Dec 06, 2021
Vickyvice:
The way gaboon viper ( in ika language of Delta State it's called ajuani ) come plenty now. Pls make we dey more careful, especially this dry season
h

Oga, Ajuani is a boa pls.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When You Think You Have Seen It All (Photo) / 25 Riddles That Will Prove You Have A Filthy Mind / Mysterious Huge Fish Found At The Tip 0f Eleko Beach...(pictures***)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.