Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,797 members, 7,851,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:29 AM

Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown (22285 Views)

Police Arrest 3 Dowen School Students Over Sylvester Oromoni’s Death / Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Shuts Down School For 2 Days / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by Sheriman(m): 8:29am On Dec 05, 2021
Like play like play na so this poor boy no go get good justice be that ooo!!
If you get money for this country na another edge for you be that ooooo
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 05, 2021
BabbanBura:

You don't know the details if the shut down by lagos state government. It could be that they were permitted to conclude there exams for the term.
A child lost his life, he was killed by some students of the school. Every activity in that school including exams should be on hold!!
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by tollyboy5(m): 8:39am On Dec 05, 2021
Pimine:

Aswearugaaad

If I recall correctly, the boy said he was threatened to claim that he got injured while playing football. If that's the case, it's likely that's what he told the management.

No right thinking authority would cover up such crime at the risk of losing their business. I believe the school was acting on the wrong information they got. This might be construed as negligence, though, as the injuries are too severe to be football-related. Again, I'm just speculating.

I still dunno if I agree with the indefinite shut down but one thing we can both agree on is that justice must prevail.
The school doesn't appear to help cover the investigation to save their head. They just want to continue business as usual.

They wanna save faces , they want to do the normal Nigeria magomago, but it doesn't work like that. Owner of odua university is still in detention Nigeria's are opening their eyes now
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by rex21: 8:40am On Dec 05, 2021
Baileyz101:
If the school shuts down totally, how will the other students finish thier exams abi na the whole students kill the boy ni? Others have thier lives ahead and they simply have to move on either ways. I am quite sure the online class is just for other students to round up thier exams. LASG should be aware of this step
A lot of people especially Nigerians dont know how to think with their brains. What you just said is the apt truth. Our own na 'bute zógbuo no smart thinking.

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by rex21: 8:41am On Dec 05, 2021
Simran94:

A child lost his life, he was killed by some students of the school. Every activity in that school including exams should be on hold!!
School fees has been paid already oga. Make the other students suffer the ish too ?? How do you people think sef. Is this what you guys call justice ??
What happened to fishing and arresting the culprits ??
What happened to arresting and interrogating the house masters/keepers
What happened to arresting and interrogating the security personnel in the school

Can you people think outside petty sentiments. Una matter tire matthias o.

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by rex21: 8:46am On Dec 05, 2021
timefarm:

This is a balanced viewpoint.

Other hunderd students or so needs to finish this term exam.
Even if the school will be closed down for a long time next term, atleast they can go to another school.
Exactly my view. The online classes ensures the safety of students and the continuity of lectures. After this term is concluded. Activities will be put on hold and serious investigations will be conducted before thinking of reopening.

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by joefelin2345: 8:55am On Dec 05, 2021
lapazi:

You’re missing the point.
The shutdown is to enable further investigations with having school physical activities interfering or tempering with evidence.
In as mush as we don’t have the full details of the shutdown, we can’t say the school has violated it in anyway.
My take- as long as the govt has not totally revoke the license of the school, going online to complete its session is completely reasonable and understandable!

This is a simple case I don’t know why the media is sensationalizing it, I hope we don’t because of our actions stop the Bereaved family from getting the justice they deserve.

If I were the school, first head of the school must chop cane (fired and handed to police)
I didn’t say owner o, owner fit no even know Wetin dey xup.
The bereaved family should open a go fund me to get the best homicide lawyers in this country and sue anyone involved!
Let’s be guided!
Go fund me ...for a family that could afford sending its ward to a 1m/semester school. Hava Oga he reasonable nau. Where there are lots of ..Out-of-School children out there?
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by babyfaceafrica: 9:12am On Dec 05, 2021
Prenonjebose:
If the school had a meeting with Ministry of Education officials, then the reasons for any approval to have online school should have been made known by the commissioner of education, especially if it's for the conduct of exams only. Now, they would be making matters worse by this secret action. Any action by the management of the school cannot escape public scrutiny. The commissioner needs to explain this action.
Something that is on social media is secret. If truly all classes are moved online, Lagos state government is aware!
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by babyfaceafrica: 9:16am On Dec 05, 2021
alizma:

The issue is that it could have been any of them. Now the question is do dead people finished exams in the grave? Suspending the exams for a month or two is not too much sacrifice for justice
Lolz, you are naive. If they suspend exams for a month or two, the mass exodus that will leave that school will be immense. Rich private schools have lot to protect. Other parents might have threatened to remove their wards from school if classes stop. You will hear, so because someone dies, out child time should be wasted?..lets us try to stay alive o, when we die 90% of people moves on
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by babyfaceafrica: 9:18am On Dec 05, 2021
lapazi:

You’re missing the point.
The shutdown is to enable further investigations with having school physical activities interfering or tempering with evidence.
In as mush as we don’t have the full details of the shutdown, we can’t say the school has violated it in anyway.
My take- as long as the govt has not totally revoke the license of the school, going online to complete its session is completely reasonable and understandable!

This is a simple case I don’t know why the media is sensationalizing it, I hope we don’t because of our actions stop the Bereaved family from getting the justice they deserve.

If I were the school, first head of the school must chop cane (fired and handed to police)
I didn’t say owner o, owner fit no even know Wetin dey xup.
The bereaved family should open a go fund me to get the best homicide lawyers in this country and sue anyone involved!
Let’s be guided!
Lolz, media likes dragging issue now. They have turned blogs, how many reputable media do we have now?
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by babyfaceafrica: 9:19am On Dec 05, 2021
olisaEze:
Truth is no matter how painful the death, life will not stop for everyone because you died. Other students will still have to write their exams even if they’re going to switch schools next term.

But this Dowen college sha, be like ona wan make dem fish out ona proprietor burn am before ona go get sense! angry

The LASG needs to handle this with care, all it took was one death to birth the Arab Spring.

Nigeria right now is one huge cauldron bubbling slowly to a boiling point. People dey vex! angry
Fact, unfortunately life doesn't abhors vacuum
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by SEO2002: 9:20am On Dec 05, 2021
God punish u and ur miserable family 4 posting this useless ad. U will die like a pig. Bastard.
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by Prenonjebose: 9:21am On Dec 05, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
Something that is on social media is secret. If truly all classes are moved online, Lagos state government is aware!
True. I agree with you
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by Fiscus105(m): 9:21am On Dec 05, 2021
lexy2014:

When children are sent to school, are they under their own custody or d custody of d school?

If the child dies while in d custody of d school, do u hold d child responsible for dying or u hold the school responsible?

Why should the school not go down? If the school deems it fit to cover up and child's death and give covering for those who were responsible, why should the school not go down?

How will the school going down affect govt, the students and it's workers?

In other to hold sch responsible the sch must pull down abi? That's why u are also bitter that they go online?

Oga security and economy that have been collapsed in Nigeria, when will u go on lone protest to pull down Buhari government? At least you put it under Buhari custody and not soldiers or business men.

And for ur question, how will it affect government? Is government not collecting taxes? Helping govt to solve unemployment problem, and by extension reducing crime in little way in can do

With ur question I can see how u re shallow minded and emotion quickly overshadowed ur reasoning of fair judgement

Wen they ask u now, you would claim u re graduate , a graduate with only paper qualification.
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by babyfaceafrica: 9:22am On Dec 05, 2021
penceman:
Most of those schools in lekki are established for paparazzi not education. All these antisocial vices will never happen when there are supervisors moving round and checking on students.
Lolz, it is a society problem. Worse happens in public schools. It is just because Dowen na big school that's why this is news. Cultism and bullying have been in schools decades. Our society has lost values

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by babyfaceafrica: 9:26am On Dec 05, 2021
tollyboy5:

The school doesn't appear to help cover the investigation to save their head. They just want to continue business as usual.

They wanna save faces , they want to do the normal Nigeria magomago, but it doesn't work like that. [b]Owner of odua university is still in detention [/b]Nigeria's are opening their eyes now
For now, hope you know he will be released. If you be big man for naija, you fit misbehave. Gov Ganduje was caught online taking bribe, wetin happen? Infact he was reelected.
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by babyfaceafrica: 9:28am On Dec 05, 2021
joefelin2345:
Go fund me ...for a family that could afford sending its ward to a 1m/semester school. Hava Oga he reasonable nau. Where there are lots of ..Out-of-School children out there?
God bless you, the way we think in this country is funny. Open Go fund me for a rich man, open go fund me for rich BBN naija housemates, people who have less than 10k in their account sending money to millionaires when their are less-privilege people around. People and warped thinking
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by Anndrew(m): 9:31am On Dec 05, 2021
thesicilian:
It was the school that was shut down, not just the building. So if they are resuming with online classes it's a direct violation of the shut down order.
this is very illogical..this is a murder case..every thing got to shut down..

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by Fiscus105(m): 9:35am On Dec 05, 2021
lexy2014:

When children are sent to school, are they under their own custody or d custody of d school?

If the child dies while in d custody of d school, do u hold d child responsible for dying or u hold the school responsible?

Why should the school not go down? If the school deems it fit to cover up and child's death and give covering for those who were responsible, why should the school not go down?

Quoting blabla! They are in their custody. If the same sch authority discipline the students in love, you would be focal voice to call for pulling down the sch, .......... " That nobody should cane my child, "that if our current leaders are discipline during their time, why nigeria is disorganized now?

Oga, in ur family, how many unpleasant things happen that I have gone online to expose ur parents?

It's only a foolish person like you, will not solve it within but choose to go public.
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 05, 2021
rex21:

School fees has been paid already oga. Make the other students suffer the ish too ?? How do you people think sef. Is this what you guys call justice ??
What happened to fishing and arresting the culprits ??
What happened to arresting and interrogating the house masters/keepers
What happened to arresting and interrogating the security personnel in the school

Can you people think outside petty sentiments. Una matter tire matthias o.

I have forgotten I am mentioning type on NL
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by lapazi(m): 9:46am On Dec 05, 2021
joefelin2345:

The idea behind the go fund me isn’t always necessary abt the lack of money but the idea that the majority of the crowd is behind you.
Instead of spewing rubbish online that can not help in anyway, why not we all cheap in something to get a “falana” type lawyer for homicide.

Those lawyers don’t come cheap!
Plus it will also show that the populace sympathies with the family!

So no be everything be abt poverty
Get the logic behind some of these gestures
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by Lizabeth36(f): 9:54am On Dec 05, 2021
Wat other students are u talking abt? Who knows if tomorrow it is their turn... the school isnt remorseful for wah happened.. na human being die no be fowl..

Baileyz101:
If the school shuts down totally, how will the other students finish thier exams abi na the whole students kill the boy ni? Others have thier lives ahead and they simply have to move on either ways. I am quite sure the online class is just for other students to round up thier exams. LASG should be aware of this step
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by KanoFirstSon: 10:47am On Dec 05, 2021
Fiscus105:

In the first page of this thread, only you have contrary opinion, for others, it's pull it down.

This is mind of average Nigerians, and that's why we are merry-go-round a point for years without headway.

It was fellow students who bullied and not sch management , yet hopeless people want school to go down at all cost.

If the sch go down, it would not only affect the owner negatively but, the workers, other students, even government.

Foolish and hopeless people on the first page refuse to see other factors but for the sch to go down.

..........be like I be syndrome........

Those are the ipob wing of terrorists with a thinking cap of a tadpole. theirs is to destroy and damage without thinking through.
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by lexy2014: 10:51am On Dec 05, 2021
Fiscus105:

Quoting blabla! They are in their custody. If the same sch authority discipline the students in love, you would be focal voice to call for pulling down the sch, .......... " That nobody should cane my child, "that if our current leaders are discipline during their time, why nigeria is disorganized now?

Oga, in ur family, how many unpleasant things happen that I have gone online to expose ur parents?

It's only a foolish person like you, will not solve it within but choose to go public.

U haven't answered d questions:

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by Ikea81: 10:58am On Dec 05, 2021
Dowen taking cultism online. issorite!
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by Buffalo2(m): 11:25am On Dec 05, 2021
The owner should be prosecuted and if found guilty he should be executed. What effontry
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by wallarwallar(m): 12:23pm On Dec 05, 2021
A big slap on lagos state government especially the person of Sanwo olu. How can u resume online classes when the school have been shut down by ministry of Education. Truly some individuals and institutions are above the law in this shit hole.
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by Fiscus105(m): 12:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
lexy2014:

The errors/offences that students committed, it's sch authority that would carry it? Even to the extent of close down the sch? Answer that one first.
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by Fiscus105(m): 12:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
lexy2014:

15 years old student that killed fellow students in US few days ago, how many of sch authority/teachers that are charged? Are they calling for pull down of the sch as u re doing here?

No wonder they call u monkey in the committee of nations.
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by ogaontop(m): 12:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
Baileyz101:

But why must the school shield and hide the culprits?
Sounds like they are accomplice, they should severely face the music of this recklessness!
Most of these big schools only know how to collect money and pamper these students, imagine forcing a 12yr old boy to join cult in Js one
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by Hkff: 5:22pm On Dec 05, 2021
Really
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown by lexy2014: 8:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
Fiscus105:

The errors/offences that students committed, it's sch authority that would carry it? Even to the extent of close down the sch? Answer that one first.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2 Reasons Why Your GPA Matters In Nigeria And 1 Reason Why It Doesn’t / I Finally Had An Extra Year / How We Retained University Of Lagos’ Name Despite Jonathan’s Wish – VC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.