Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

I Remembered! [fiction] - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Remembered! [fiction] (217 Views)

When You Do Die, What Will You Be Remembered For / What Will You Be Remembered For? Part 11 / What Will You Be Remembered For? Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Remembered! [fiction] by Oluwamarc(m): 9:43am On Dec 05, 2021
I remembered! [Fiction]

Like the palm of my hand, I still remember every lines and every strokes, their pale faces and skinny skins everytime they come to classes wearing their rumpled uniforms which did so little to hide the pains etched on their skins like hair pores

I remember Jide, the one who would always come late to class every morning, notorious for always stealing foods from Lunch pack of students while they are at the Assembly ground, he was a son of a Politician and a University Professor for a mum. He once told us that he was taken to the boarding school because his parents thought the experience would make him stronger.

I remember Olumide the artist, he would always begged me to bring him copies of Super-Striker every Monday so he could make replicas by drawing them in his drawing book, I remembered him coming to class one morning, bruised with blood stains smeared all over his white top. Jide would later tell me that Senior Tade had beaten him to a pulp because he refused to hand over the keys to his cupboard which contained his beverages

Senior Tade, the big bully who would always terrorized us all, he stayed in the hostel right from his Junior class till he graduated, His Dad pastored one of the biggest Church in Town, my Mum would always make me listen to him on Sunday evenings whenever he preached on the local T.V Station. I once recalled him bragging about his family, how he was able to raise a godly family in a perverse generation.

Yesterday I saw him, I saw his wedding invite on Facebook, he found for himself a beautiful bride,he seemed happy but deep down within me I wished he didn't get to marry a beautiful lady, I wished all the evils of this world would befall him and ruin his life

I remembered seeing him during one of my trips to the school hostel to give Olumide a copy of Super-Striker after school hours, after checking for him at his room, I couldn't find him,I was about leaving when Mr. Oni saw me and ordered me to carry a broken chair which was lying waste by the hostel gate to the school store, I was about entering the store when I heard cries, it sounded like that of Olumide, I peeped through the window, there I saw Senior Tade on the naked Olumide, I knew what they were doing, I had once saw Bro Taofeek and Aunty Kate doing it at the back of Mama Shade's Kiosk, I never knew it could be done between a boy and a boy.

Amudipe Opeyemi Marcus

(1) (Reply)

Greatest Love Quotes || Love Quotes Vol 1 | The Most Powerful Love Quotes Compil / Don't Believe In Defeat / It Was Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.