Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) (38167 Views)

Late Sylvester Oromoni's Candle Light Procession Held By Ijaw Indigenes (Photos) / Police Arrest 3 Dowen School Students Over Sylvester Oromoni’s Death / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by tesppidd: 1:36pm On Dec 05, 2021
bcomputer101:
Wike my governor.

If to say Dowen College happens to be in Portharcourt ni, Wike for don go there with bulldozer the following day to bring down the whole building.
No time for nonsense.
grin

That's if the victim's family is wealthy and of the top echelon.

Not if the victim is a commoner.

Do you know how many people have suffered from oppression and extra judicial killing without Wike saying a word or flinching a muscle?
The story of Chima the mechanic is fresh in our memory here.

Make Una dey there they lick asss.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:43pm On Dec 05, 2021
Simran94:

Why can't the school hand over the murderers of the boy to the authorities? They can't because they are obviously protecting them.

Just last week, a 15 year old boy in the US killed 4 of his classmates and injured 7 others. The school revealed the identity of the boy to the authorities and an arrest was made and now he is being tried as an adult not even a juvenile.
They should do the needful by investigating the situation themselves and not waiting for authorities to do that on their own
We now see the crystal clear difference between a sane country and a shithole!

Yea I know America is not perfect nor a saint
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Femeto: 1:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
Na Tems skool. Some of these naija Artist attended that school.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by FlipModeSquade(m): 1:52pm On Dec 05, 2021
Lamasta:

Read bro!!!
And yet they were quick to absolve their students of any involvement in the dastardly act?

Now they want to wait for the authorities..

Before acknowledging their students were involved?

Seems they are still living in denial..
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by efficiencie(m): 1:52pm On Dec 05, 2021
FIFApresident1:
This school appears to be a reputable school with what I read online about them, one of the best school in Lagos state..

I really do hope they can bounce back, but sadly the hungry Nigerian media sphere has done a really great damage to the image of the school (beyond repair)

Yes, the school loose guide big time, but the recent development surrounding this issue is needless, I mean, stuffs like, revealing the owner of the school with bad captions.... Is that going to change anything?
The school management didn't notice this small loopholes, we can't blame them, cultism is strange in Luxury private colleges.

May the soul of the young promising boy continue to rest in peace.

That is not an excuse. Reports of bullying got to the school authorities but they did nothing because of the high profile of the pupils involved. If your child were killed in such a brutal manner you will not say what you are saying, calling it "a small loophole". If your child were killed through that "small loophole" you will rain fire and brimstone on that school.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Pidginboss: 1:57pm On Dec 05, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:
Silly people. This is the statement they should have released earlier. It’s called a “holding statement”. Something generic without any assertion of facts pending further investigation.

But they rushed to issue an assertive statement declaring the boy was injured in a football match just to cover their ass and protect the culprits now they are retracting as the real facts are coming to light.

They should immediately fire their PR team or who ever authorized that initial statement. This is basic PR 101.

The school should also have involve the police from the initial time. Murder case are not handled by ministry of education.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Endy0018(m): 1:58pm On Dec 05, 2021
We can vomit anything from our mouth without thinking twice why can't the online court allow the police to their job? U sound like someone who was a bully
Shut u1p! If it was your child, would you say the same thing?

You just spat a whole bunch of useless crap, this was a case of terrible negligence and the school should go down for it. Period! You are defending a school that instead of handing the culprits to the authorities called the parents to come and fly the murderers out of the country in a bid to cover up the crime.

No make me vex this Sunday morning guy

[/quote]
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by generalwo(m): 1:58pm On Dec 05, 2021
FIFApresident1:
This school appears to be a reputable school with what I read online about them, one of the best school in Lagos state..

I really do hope they can bounce back, but sadly the hungry Nigerian media sphere has done a really great damage to the image of the school (beyond repair)

Yes, the school loose guide big time, but the recent development surrounding this issue is needless, I mean, stuffs like, revealing the owner of the school with bad captions.... Is that going to change anything?
The school management didn't notice this small loopholes, we can't blame them, cultism is strange in Luxury private colleges.

.. ... A child died of torture from his fellow students, the school comes out to make a press statement that the child died from injuries sustained while playing football, they allowed the other students fingered in the incident to leave the school premises, the government shut them down and they resumed classes online and you call all these small loopholes? How big are the holes supposed to be before you know it's a major concern for the society?? If this child has been suffering bullying for a long time leading to his death, do you know how many may have faced such cases in the past without anyone knowing about it Or do u think its only the 4 kids fingered out that are the only cultists in the school The school should be shut down permanently to serve as a deterrent for other schools and the owners, form masters, hostel masters and everyone involved in this case including the kids and their parents, should be investigated and be made to face the full wrath of the law.....

1 Like

Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by ShaqFu: 1:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
Landmack:

Twitter

Frm his cousins wall
can you post the full thread not just a screenshot
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by princewarri1985: 1:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
EBMedia:
Dowen College, Lekki, Lagos has released a statement on the death of Sylvester Oromoni, a class 2 student of the school who died from injuries he sustained after he was allegedly assaulted by schoolmates, IgbereTV reports.

The school released a statement dated 4th December 2021. It reads;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXGD25Vs1sr/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
CAN YOU JUST IMAGINE SOME BUNCH OF DIMWITS TRYING TO FORCE A 12 YEARS OLD TO JOIN A CULT GROUP? RICH MEN CHILDREN DOES THE MOST TERRIBLE THINGS, THAT WAS HOW DIFFERENT CULT GROUP CAME TO ME WHEN I JUST GOT IN TO THE UNIVERTY TO JOINT THEM BECAUSE OF MY BUILT AND MY STYLE AND I TURNED ALL OF THEM DOWN, AM GLAD I TURNED ALL THE IDIOTS DOWN, IF NOT I WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD 15 YEARS A VERY HANDSOME POPULAR GUY THEN IN MY DEPARTMENT THEM JOIN THEM AND HE THOUGHT HE WAS LIVING THE GOOD LIFE HAVING SEX WITH ALOT OF BEAUTIFUL GIRLS BUT HE WAS HEADED ON THE DAY WE WROTE OUR FINAL PAPER, LIFE NA SENSE
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
princewarri1985:
CAN YOU JUST IMAGINE SOME BUNCH OF DIMWITS TRYING TO FORCE A 12 YEARS OLD TO JOIN A CULT GROUP? RICH MEN CHILDREN DOES THE MOST TERRIBLE THINGS, THAT WAS HOW DIFFERENT CULT GROUP CAME TO ME WHEN I JUST GOT IN TO THE UNIVERTY TO JOINT THEM BECAUSE OF MY BUILT AND MY STYLE AND I TURNED ALL OF THEM DOWN, AM GLAD I TURNED ALL THE IDIOTS DOWN, IF NOT I WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD 15 YEARS A VERY HANDSOME POPULAR GUY THEN IN MY DEPARTMENT THEM JOIN THEM AND HE THOUGHT HE WAS LIVING THE GOOD LIFE HAVING SEX WITH ALOT OF BEAUTIFUL GIRLS BUT HE WAS HEADED ON THE DAY WE WROTE OUR FINAL PAPER, LIFE NA SENSE
u very much correct.

Those corrupt big men kids are majorly the ones that carry out arm robberies in the neighborhood including rape, homicide, hard drug over 80%

When law enforcement arrest them, their papa order for their release and substitute them with innocent souls! shocked sad angry undecided This is the major reason we have so many innocent persons languishing and awaiting trials in Nigerian prisons

These big corrupt men have caused so much anguish, tears, frustration, damages to our dear country.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by prophetfire: 2:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
FIFApresident1:

. I believe you were hired and payed to write this. Have small conscience. Only small, no be plenty yet.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by pearlyboo(f): 2:12pm On Dec 05, 2021
Bad parenting, bad handling from school management. Theres something they are missing out here. The spirit of the dead child will haunt his killers until he gets justice. If the parents like, fly their wards to the moon n hide them there. They will surely be fished out one way or the other.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Landmack: 2:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
ShaqFu:
can you post the full thread not just a screenshot
Nnayi Shaqfu, biko dont stress me. just go to twitter search bar and type 'Dowen Sylvester' u will see his cousins handle which will direct u to his wall as well.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by temmypotter(m): 2:14pm On Dec 05, 2021
ImoleNaija:

Na you pilot the airplane wey fly them out?

You people just like swallowing gibberish. Dey use your brain once in a while nah.

It's either you are stupid or you are naive or both.

A child died and he called the name of the culprits, It's been days since he died, where are the said children?

Sylvester's dad himself said some of the kids were from wealthy homes and their parents planned to fly them out of the country.. This claim was corroborated by some of the classmates at the school... Whether or not they were flown out, that's not the bone of contention... Why would Dowen call the parents of the accused to come pick up their children?

Can you see you don't have sense at all? Better shut it and don't allow yourself be a recipient of curses... A child was killed and you are more concerned about if the correctness of my "flown out" statement.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by faithfull18(f): 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2021
SlyfoxxjReturns:
Silly people. This is the statement they should have released earlier. It’s called a “holding statement”. Something generic without any assertion of facts pending further investigation.

But they rushed to issue an assertive statement declaring the boy was injured in a football match just to cover their ass and protect the culprits now they are retracting as the real facts are coming to light.
They should immediately fire their PR team or who ever authorized that initial statement. This is basic PR 101.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Olafisoyem: 2:25pm On Dec 05, 2021
FIFApresident1:

Sir with all due respect the school failed in its duty of care. If you don died at a school like this you would be saying a completely different thing.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Olafisoyem: 2:27pm On Dec 05, 2021
JAMO84:
The school has already been convicted in the Court of public opinion

As they should be
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by greggng: 2:29pm On Dec 05, 2021
nnamdiosu:
Yet nothing said about the killers.
All this is a diplomatic talk that still says nothing about bring the killers to book.
It's well.

This school said he died from.injury sustained while playing football . So , are the going to hold sports responsible?
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by stanliwise(m): 2:30pm On Dec 05, 2021
FIFApresident1:

Mr. Gate Man how did you know this??
I pity naïve folk like you sir. I hope sense find you someday
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by ShaqFu: 2:57pm On Dec 05, 2021
Landmack:

Nnayi Sha qfu, biko dont stress me. just go to twitter search bar and type 'Dowen Sylvester' u will see his cousins handle which will direct u to his wall as well.
Fear not my good man. I ask because I don't have access to twitter. Remember Twitter is still serving ban by the FG. So if you would be so kind as to provide me the full chat with dates of the chat, thank you.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by StarGra: 3:03pm On Dec 05, 2021
Me,I would automatically pull my child from that school...

Any parent that still sends their child to that school, has no value for their child...

1 Like

Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by stanliwise(m): 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2021
greggng:

This school said he died from.injury sustained while playing football . So , are the going to hold sports responsible?
And your younger ones will be looking up to you like this o. Not knowing say na slowpoke dem get as senior
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Dreebieee(f): 3:08pm On Dec 05, 2021
yanabasee2:

What happened to that deeperlife school that breed homosexual boys?

you mean 'rapists'? because I don't see how being homesexual is the problem.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Max24: 3:17pm On Dec 05, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Classic Animal Kingdom school

Only the Fit will survive (in this case, financially fit)

Because I don't see any reason why students would have enough time to beat a fellow student to the point where his liver will be enlarged.

And also points to the fact that there was no proper disciplinarian in the school. (No lights out, no hall master, no year head)

Also that the teachers themselves were respectful of the culprits due to the wealth and social standing of their parents. (Looking for tips and handouts from them during visiting days)

Nothing like a Good, Government School. Where regardless of your wealth and standing, a hot headed teacher can slap celestial beings into your damaged brain.
Slap in a private school. The same parents who are grieving now had quarrelled with teachers who are strict with their children. The unfortunate thing is that these parents want to eat their cake and have it at the same time. Teachers are being sacked simply for shouting on stubborn students. Nigerian parents must make a choice: disciplined children or spoilt children. I rest my case.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 05, 2021
FIFApresident1:

That's why NIGERIA is a very bad & terrible atmosphere for doing business.
Character assassination is a big crime abroad.
I saw a few people on NAIRALAND clamoring that the school be burnt down..
What Effrontery and Madness?
I have always charged NIGERIANS abroad to stop investing and relocating their businesses to Nigeria. LIFE is once and to me, it's meant to be cherished and enjoyed. I won't allow my country traumatize and cause me so much ANGUISH.

I prefer to be a LANDLORD in the US, 1 million than same Landlord in Nigeria.
Even the properties you have right in your FATHER'S Compound are not safe.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by greggng: 3:40pm On Dec 05, 2021
stanliwise:

And your younger ones will be looking up to you like this o. Not knowing say na slowpoke dem get as senior

Is a pity you one cannot have a conversation without insult on this forum. I won't insult you but is important to behave in a socially acceptable manner . The school.authority claimed he died as a result of injury sustained while doing sports. The patents claimed their child was tortured to death . It is the word of the school against that of the parents. That is why the police have stepped into the matter with a view to finding who is right or wrong . Until the result of the medical examination is made public, how do you expect us to know the truth? Or you simply want the school to admit he was tortured ...do you know the implication of that statement on the image of that School? If that is the truth , the police should get to the bottom of it ...media trial has never helped anyone. Meanwhile continue your insult on me ..it won't solve your frustration
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by ddeola: 3:41pm On Dec 05, 2021
DEMONIC SCHOOL ! Dem wan hide everything under the carpet before dier bumbum was exposed. sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Desusi: 4:04pm On Dec 05, 2021
Let's wait for the outcome of the investigations. For those who wish the principal, teachers and others in connection with this incident be slaughtered, do we do evils that good may come?
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by abimic(m): 4:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
bcomputer101:
Wike my governor.

If to say Dowen College happens to be in Portharcourt ni, Wike for don go there with bulldozer the following day to bring down the whole building.
No time for nonsense.

I tell you, Wike my man, but on a more serious note, he won't do that. He'd be more involved in the investigation and won't mind threatening whoever tries to cover anything up.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by ImoleNaija: 4:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
[s]
temmypotter:

It's either you are stupid or you are naive or both.

A child died and he called the name of the culprits, It's been days since he died, where are the said children?

Sylvester's dad himself said some of the kids were from wealthy homes and their parents planned to fly them out of the country.. This claim was corroborated by some of the classmates at the school... Whether or not they were flown out, that's not the bone of contention... Why would Dowen call the parents of the accused to come pick up their children?

Can you see you don't have sense at all? Better shut it and don't allow yourself be a recipient of curses... A child was killed and you are more concerned about if the correctness of my "flown out" statement.
[/s]

Rubbish as usual. Let the law take its course. Only if the bereaved family knows that some of you, online warriors, don't feel any of their pains. You are just out there to drag things unnecessarily. If law works on emotions, there would be no justice. Allow the govt & law to do their work; stop nailing already.

If law finds the suspects culpable, they should be made to go through hell. Until then, stop replying me with emotional quotes. I don't buy that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

LECTURER: Sleep With Me Or You Won't Graduate. / JAMB Shifts 2019 UTME Exams / Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.