Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,502 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) (38208 Views)

Late Sylvester Oromoni's Candle Light Procession Held By Ijaw Indigenes (Photos) / Police Arrest 3 Dowen School Students Over Sylvester Oromoni’s Death / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
There are several questions begging for answers as to the mystery surrounding this handsome boy's death.

However, the usual saying of the a great late educationist Prof Abayomi Jiboku sums it all, *'ti onise ba sun, ise e na a sun'**. ... If the owner of the work sleeps, his work will also go into a deep sleep.

Based on reports, it could be identified that the following people slept on duty;

1. The house masters.

2. The medical team.

3. The tutors( the boy's class teacher in particular, as this boy could have been giving a strange body language in class and nobody was able to read meaning to it)

4. The boy's classmates and roommates.

5. The Management of the College ( In fact, those ones were asleep and even snoring)

6. The school counsellors if they have any.

7. His parents are blameworthy too because the boy was reluctant to return back to school by informing them of his desire to change school, but unfortunately they never bothered to know the reason for his insistence.

From the foregoing, this is a call to all. All member of school community should all be actively involved in school administration as a minor error, even from an 'ordinary' cleaner, may have devastating effects.

May the soul of this brilliant looking chap rest in perfect peace.

*Ti onise ba sun, ise e na a sun*

1 Like

Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by largeman4u(m): 4:27pm On Dec 05, 2021
I think they fail to remove the bad eggs and now it has turn around to hunt them. How can you just suspend and recall a student who threatened a junior to describe his Sister private. It is so sad the boy died.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 05, 2021
Pidginboss:

The school should also have involve the police from the initial time. Murder case are not handled by ministry of education.

That’s the problem. They didn’t want to acknowledge it as a murder case. They put out that statement hoping the public would believe it was just a football injury and the case would just go away in typical Naija fashion.

My personal investigation has revealed that one of the boy’s father is a big donor to the school so he has a lot of influence there. More details will emerge soon. Just pay attention.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by stanliwise(m): 4:30pm On Dec 05, 2021
greggng:

Is a pity you one cannot have a conversation without insult on this forum. I won't insult you but is important to behave in a socially acceptable manner . The school.authority claimed he died as a result of injury sustained while doing sports. The patents claimed their child was tortured to death . It is the word of the school against that of the parents. That is why the police have stepped into the matter with a view to finding who is right or wrong . Until the result of the medical examination is made public, how do you expect us to know the truth? Or you simply want the school to admit he was tortured ...do you know the implication of that statement on the image of that School? If that is the truth , the police should get to the bottom of it ...media trial has never helped anyone. Meanwhile continue your insult on me ..it won't solve your frustration
Forget about the media trial.
No one is a fool here, school may be vindicated at the end of the day but saying a boy with swollen spine and bleeding gum was as a result of football. Is one of the most insensitive statement I have ever heard.

Any person with a sense of humanity would never utter such inhumane comment. instead they would either claim it could be a medical problem and get involved in the matter.

But with their recent comment and actions so far has shown how cold they are.

But people like you who accept those shit as statement are just among the bulk of the problem
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by ogmask: 4:34pm On Dec 05, 2021
FIFApresident1:
This school appears to be a reputable school with what I read online about them, one of the best school in Lagos state..

I really do hope they can bounce back, but sadly the hungry Nigerian media sphere has done a really great damage to the image of the school (beyond repair)

Yes, the school loose guide big time, but the recent development surrounding this issue is needless, I mean, stuffs like, revealing the owner of the school with bad captions.... Is that going to change anything?
The school management didn't notice this small loopholes, we can't blame them, cultism is strange in Luxury private colleges.

May the soul of the young promising boy continue to rest in peace.

So where did the school management get the football pitch story from if not that they were bent on covering up the facts.
Take a look at the press release again and you will notice they have stylishly admitted that he did not fall while playing football. the school ant it's management deserve all the dragging by the press because this same dragging you mentioned is what made nonsense of their earlier claim of football bla bla bla.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by onuman: 4:34pm On Dec 05, 2021
Dowe Death College.

Arrest the budding criminals who pose as young students in the school.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by abimic(m): 4:35pm On Dec 05, 2021
We have to know the ages of the alleged culprits, trying these children would come with special procedures. I hate crimes committed by minors, you might not really get satisfied as you would want it in the end.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by onuman: 4:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
abimic:
We have to know the ages of the alleged culprits, trying these children would come with special procedures. I hate crimes committed by minors, you might not really get satisfied as you would want it in the end.

It doesn’t matter that they are minors. They must face trial as minors. When convicted, be put aside in asylum for minors away from normal human beings.

It’s a way to protect them from revenge by angry parents and relatives of late Sylvester.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by abimic(m): 4:52pm On Dec 05, 2021
onuman:

It doesn’t matter that they are minors. They must face trial as minors. When convicted, be put aside in asylum for minors away from normal human beings.

It’s a way to protect them from revenge by angry parents and relatives of late Sylvester.

It matters if they're minor, infact as minor under the penal code, they can't get more than 6 months in detention.

In Nigeria, US said we have more than 6000 minors in Nigerian prison, worst is they're in adult prisons which is very bad. As kids, they need their attitudes and character molded into becoming better person.

Last time out, the Lagos' state chief judge granted minors in badagry prison freedom, to go and sin no more.

An offense is no offense if commited by minor depending on the age.

So many things for the judge to understudy.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Hkff: 4:56pm On Dec 05, 2021
Life
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by DGreat104(m): 4:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
FIFApresident1:
This school appears to be a reputable school with what I read online about them, one of the best school in Lagos state..

I really do hope they can bounce back, but sadly the hungry Nigerian media sphere has done a really great damage to the image of the school (beyond repair)

Yes, the school loose guide big time, but the recent development surrounding this issue is needless, I mean, stuffs like, revealing the owner of the school with bad captions.... Is that going to change anything?
The school management didn't notice this small loopholes, we can't blame them, cultism is strange in Luxury private colleges.

Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by DGreat104(m): 5:03pm On Dec 05, 2021
The outcome of the investigation regarding the black substance in his stomach will evince the source of his death. You've spoken well.
FIFApresident1:

Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by JAMO84: 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2021
Olafisoyem:

As they should be
Of course
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by Temysteve(m): 7:16pm On Dec 05, 2021
Iyaebe:
The school is just after making money and not so concerned about the affairs of the students else it won't have gotten to this stage.
Just keep shut and stop talking rubbish, the Mgt is doing the necessary to apprehend all culprits involved, if you don't know what to say just go to bed.
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by martinslaura: 12:48am On Dec 06, 2021
bcomputer101:
Wike my governor.

If to say Dowen College happens to be in Portharcourt ni, Wike for don go there with bulldozer the following day to bring down the whole building.
No time for nonsense.

I trust my guy. Wike nation
Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by ajepako(f): 7:06am On Dec 06, 2021
KingDash:
na wa oh.. that's why them say the rich also cry, imagine say na ajepako them been dey beat, him for find the nearest iron or wood scatter they heads.

Don't joke with us at all... grin grin grin grin

We dey wear suit and tie but we get street for blood grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) by nnamdiosu(m): 8:16am On Dec 08, 2021
greggng:

This school said he died from.injury sustained while playing football . So , are the going to hold sports responsible?

I doubt if you are following the news sir.
It was not sports that inflicted the injuries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Gifts 4 First Class Law Students Wigs And Gowns / UNILAG Security Officer Armed With Wooden Gun (photo) / ABU Medical School Graduating Doctors - Breathtaking Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.