Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,270 members, 7,826,042 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) (73197 Views)

Lifeless Body Of Man Found Hanging From A Tree In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / Identities Of The 8 Children Who Died In An Abandoned Car In Lagos Revealed / Gas Explosion In Ajao Estate, Lagos (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by stanliwise(m): 2:53am On Dec 06, 2021
Golan007:

Do you understand the mechanism of childlock?

Should a car owner suffer for the negligence of parents?

must you say something?
You just talk like one senseless insane person at times

1 Like

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Trumpoteux: 2:54am On Dec 06, 2021
Abandoned car?

The Lexus was abandoned? Abandoned for how long? How did the kids get access to an abandoned car? You mean cars are now left open and accessible in Lagos and nothing happens to its accessories?

1,2 3 4,5,6,7 and 8 children disappeared in an environment and they were unnoticed? How?

The story is t to be told sha
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by YOUNGELDER1(m): 3:09am On Dec 06, 2021
Nbotee:

There's nothing like negligence here.. They were playing in their own compound. This is jus children mischief gone wrong

So you saying you won’t check on your child for good one hour?

8 children and none of their parents checked on them that long?

If it’s America you know the parents are going to jail for negligence?

I really feel sorry for the parents.
Prayers & condolences.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by biggy00000(m): 3:36am On Dec 06, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

The story is not adding up!

It has child's lock, how were they able to open such car in the first place

Child lock is a feature on each side of the car(back) that prevents a child from opening the car from inside. Feature was designed since children could attempt opening the door even while in motion.

An adult can also be kidnapped if the child lock is enabled in a car.

Nobody saw the children-- SUV most times are blurred from the outside.

Cant they scream-- the more you fight it, the faster you die( you need more oxygen)

Passerby should have seen them-- you could assume they are sleeping, the brain might not think of safety-- problem plenty for lag.

Sincere condolences to the families.

1 Like

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by ablejesus26(m): 3:46am On Dec 06, 2021
akpota:

It is a Honda Pilot and not Lexus see my earlier reply. This sad incident happened to my backyard. I share back fence with the compound this happened.
The issue was with the Aboki kids

The way you mentioned this aboki kids is wrong.

before we are Igbo,Yoruba,Hausa,Ijaw,Igala
we are all humans
please address them better as kids from the northern part.

1 Like

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:51am On Dec 06, 2021
biggy00000:

Child lock is a feature on each side of the car(back) that prevents a child from opening the car from inside. Feature was designed since children could attempt opening the door even while in motion.

An adult can also be kidnapped if the child lock is enabled in a car.

Nobody saw the children-- SUV most times are blurred from the outside.

Cant they scream-- the more you fight it, the faster you die( you need more oxygen)

Passerby should have seen them-- you could assume they are sleeping, the brain might not think of safety-- problem plenty for lag.

Sincere condolences to the families.
What a tragedy!
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Born2Breed(f): 3:55am On Dec 06, 2021
So sad!

May their souls rest in peace.

Careless parents.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:13am On Dec 06, 2021
So many parents in Nigeria have failed in their duty of parenting. Too sad
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Chuksyno(m): 4:22am On Dec 06, 2021
Nbotee:

What does she need to tell about what happened to the kids? She parked her car in front of her house and children locked themselves in. It is jus children mischief gone wrong.
The car owner is somewhat culpable for not locking his car while parking.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by realestniggah: 4:24am On Dec 06, 2021
adecz:

❌❌How can this car be parked
in front of a house & for hours,
nobody saw these poor children❔❓☹️☹️☹️

I dont think they where in there for hours..the oxygen supply in there wont last long for 8 human who are panicking and breathing hard.. Probably did not take more than 30 minutes before they all died
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by caprini1: 4:39am On Dec 06, 2021
Nbotee:

There's nothing like negligence here.. They were playing in their own compound. This is jus children mischief gone wrong
This is the reason ,that i flog kids mercilessly when i see them playing with parked cars.Let them cry home and call their parents.

1 Like

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Julietuche(f): 4:41am On Dec 06, 2021
Josrph Juliet
I blame the blames. I have always been insisting on parents monitoring their children .If you are a patent here always know where your children are and what they are doing. It is well
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by caprini1: 4:44am On Dec 06, 2021
realestniggah:

I dont think they where in there for hours..the oxygen supply in there wont last long for 8 human who are panicking and breathing hard.. Probably did not take more than 30 minutes before they all died
Not sure it got up to 30 mins....when you switch off the AC in a car with just 2 occupants ,in less than a minute with this hot weather ,both adults are already choking ,if they dont alight on time.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Chochovini: 4:45am On Dec 06, 2021
LibertyRep:
Haaaa! What sort of Àkóbá is this?

So out of all the available places to play, the 8 children only saw the inside of the car to play and no one noticed them.
. I wonder o. Who said there is nothing new under the Sun, isn‘t this new and shocking?
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by haftob(m): 4:58am On Dec 06, 2021
christejames:
This is sad...

What sort of negligence is that?

How will eight children open a parked car and cramp themselves in the car and then go ahead to lock themselves just to play inside? They need to do more investigation.

RIP to the dead.

Then u probably don't av children around u.
It's very possible they were playing, opened and locked themselves inside the car. We adults just need to be very vigilant of children around us at all times, they may fall into big trouble while playing and may not be able to help themselves out until an adult comes to their rescue. These kinda things happen all the time just that this was an unfortunate one.

1 Like

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by ogwumgbe: 5:03am On Dec 06, 2021
christejames:
This is sad...

How will eight children open a parked car and cramp themselves in the car and then go ahead to lock themselves just to play inside? They need to do more investigation.

RIP to the dead.

Correct, the owner of that car should be arrested instantly

1 Like

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by KingLarry04: 5:13am On Dec 06, 2021
Theunbothered:

The story doesn't make sense at all. Even as a child I knew how to open the door or is it that nobody saw or heard them at all?
and besides, is the glass tinted? That no passerby can see them wailing or crying?? I'm not getting it
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by HonestFriend: 5:14am On Dec 06, 2021
Nemere2020:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/499215-eight-children-found-dead-in-parked-vehicle-in-lagos.html

Me I will blame d car manufacturers for dis error if truly wen d car his packed n locked n someone cn still open d door from the outside n sit inside..

But if wen d car is packed n the owner instead of locking it properly, then use only child lock in such a compound fill with kids then I will blame d owner.

Cars should should b locked properly wen d owner has no child in it.. Not using child lock thereby giving access to enter n not able to come out.. Does she go to public places n leave her car on child lock? Weather dem no go drive am go sell.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Coldie(m): 5:15am On Dec 06, 2021
I hope the thorough and speedy investigation is not to extort money from the owner of the suv
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Chochovini: 5:15am On Dec 06, 2021
foleskay:
Very crazy..is the suv tinted that nobody could sense there were children in that car...8 for that matter. This is just so baffling considering d population of such area. Couldn't d children been screaming and hitting d windows of d car to make passersby aware Its just appaling and eggregious. What a negligence from d whole community. When its not even a night. lipsrsealed
. Best reasoning, best comment, best questions so far on this thread. One surprising fact here was that, this incident happened at a populated environment in broad day light, so how come no one noticed the children?

1 Like

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by KingLarry04: 5:18am On Dec 06, 2021
puritydayo:
This is terrible to say the least, where were the parents for that period of time. You can't see your children on sight for even five minutes and you are not worried about their whereabouts. Most Nigerian parents are irresponsible. They just want to implicate the car owner because is not a crime to park your car in your compound. Is so disheartening rip to the children
you know Nigerian women, they will at one place, gossiping
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Goldbw122(m): 5:26am On Dec 06, 2021
Lord let use to see January in Jesus name amen.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by KingLarry04: 5:30am On Dec 06, 2021
Dsalvo:

I salute this message. The things I see daily scares me. Had to shout at one kid, about 5yrs old, to take a knife off her sibling who was playing with it and appeared about age 2 or 3.

Yet, should a 5 year old be in charge of a 3 year old?

Toddlers playing near deep gutters and main roads or walking around without shoes on ground with bottles rusted tin cans etc.

Innocent kids born into the world to be put in harms way. Why do Nigerians have so many kids they are then disinterested in looking after properly?
bro,when I saw this thread, I had to wake my wife to show her in order to avoid stories that touches, God will protect our kids
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Chochovini: 5:39am On Dec 06, 2021
Saliat Kazeem...That name sounds more islamic to me. How could she tell the World that she parked her car in front of her own house not another person‘s and about 8 CHILDREN came, opened the car, with all their noise, entered thesame car and locked themselves in, all these with all their noise and she didn‘t know? Ok, there was no part in the report that she travelled out of the town or she wasn‘t at home. Chai... This story fa, e get as e be o.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by mrkings84(m): 5:39am On Dec 06, 2021
What a loss to the parents.

Every calamity awaiting manifestation in the remaining days of this year shall not see me and all Nairaland members in Jesus Victorious Name, Amen.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by victoryukpong(m): 5:40am On Dec 06, 2021
christejames:
This is sad...

RIP to the dead.

in lagos children opening vehicles is childplay some of them already know how to unlock car by droping the window lock so its possible and i'm telling you this because i was around their ages when my neighbors opened a car we played around with and then went inside it without the key

1 Like

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by KingLarry04: 5:42am On Dec 06, 2021
juwoonn:
I love your analysis... but do you know that 8 children locked in a car will die ten times faster than one child locked in the car...the oxygen level will be too low and they’d be competing for that little oxygen... it’d be quick

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by KingLarry04: 5:48am On Dec 06, 2021
Benrosaria:

The parents were probably too busy checking for losses and profit in their businesses � lololol
or even gossiping

1 Like

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Vlardmirputin: 5:51am On Dec 06, 2021
christejames:
This is sad...

RIP to the dead.

You can't tell what kids can do when playing.
If I look back to what I did with my friends as kids, I will only thank God for life today.

Nevertheless this should be investigated properly. RIP to the dead, so sad.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Clean2016: 5:53am On Dec 06, 2021
christejames:
This is sad...

RIP to the dead.

Very very possible. Children can do unimaginable things. I have to be locking my cars when I discovered a neighbor kids find new joy in opening and enjoying themselves in the car. It's a fenced compound with different flats with gate. Imagine street then

1 Like

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Bigchristo: 5:55am On Dec 06, 2021
Nemere2020:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/499215-eight-children-found-dead-in-parked-vehicle-in-lagos.html
Sad news parents please always keep eye on your child when they’re not with you for at least 30 minutes always try to find out where they are, I feel really sorry for their parents
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by cloud(m): 5:58am On Dec 06, 2021
POLYGAMY:
THERE’S MORE TO THIS NEWS, THE SALIAT WOMAN SHOULD TELL US WHAT HAPPENED TO THE KIDS
and what about the parents that didnt look for their kids for 8 hrs, they should not be questioned too abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dead Bodies Stick Out Of Imota Cemetery, Lagos (Disturbing Pics) / Is There Any Remedy For A Small Manhood? / Are There Any Side Effects Of Using Methylated Spirit To Aid Beard Growth??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.