Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,721 members, 7,809,737 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) (73144 Views)

Lifeless Body Of Man Found Hanging From A Tree In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / Identities Of The 8 Children Who Died In An Abandoned Car In Lagos Revealed / Gas Explosion In Ajao Estate, Lagos (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by larrybabanla(m): 6:04am On Dec 06, 2021
cloud:
and what about the parents that didnt look for their kids for 8 hrs, they should not be questioned too abi?
if it's advanced countries,they will be jailed for negligence, but this is Nigeria, they will blame the car owner who parked her car inside her own compound
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Qurungu: 6:11am On Dec 06, 2021
juwoonn:
I love your analysis... but do you know that 8 children locked in a car will die ten times faster than one child locked in the car...the oxygen level will be too low and they’d be competing for that little oxygen... it’d be quick
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Buzx: 6:17am On Dec 06, 2021
[quote author=Qurungu post=108251664][/quote]

Have you ever stayed in a car that has been under the sun for hours with windows and doors locked?

1 Like

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Qurungu: 6:19am On Dec 06, 2021
Buzx:

Have you ever stayed in a car that has been under the sun for hours with windows and doors locked?

It can be very uncomfortable, but how sure are you of the weather conditions that day?
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Qurungu: 6:21am On Dec 06, 2021
Originalsly:

If the children can enter the car it means the car was unlocked. If the child lock was on it means the back doors of the car cannot be opened from the inside. If the children know to open the door from the outside it means they know how to open it from the inside. If they somehow didn't know .... they will know to blow the horn. If they don't know to blow the horn they would pound on the windows to attract attention since the was in the front yard. In these times children are smarter than you think at figuring out such stuff. Children dying in locked cars under the sun happens all the time... but 8 of them? This is no accident.... it is homicide.

I agree with you, and I have another question to add: “how does a person die by just sitting in a car”?

My theory: It is likely that a yet to be known external force acted on the kids OR that the car is contaminated with some kind of lethal poisonous substance which the kids may have inhaled or ingested, maybe rat poison, or sniper used to protect the car from rats or other rodents.

All said, just sitting inside a car cannot kill a person.

1 Like

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by yemex04(m): 6:21am On Dec 06, 2021
dasparrow:
How come the owner of the car did not lock her car after she parked it? No one to protect the Nigerian child. People make children they cannot take care of. How unfortunate! May the little ones rest in the bosom of Elohim God Almighty.

She may have forgot to & even if she didn't he probably can not be penalized for not locking her own car. Cars are basically locked for the safety of the car itself.

Unfortunately the kids died in this circumstances and may God accept the souls & console their families..

However, If the reasons for their death are as reported I don't think the car owner should be dragged into this, the parents goofed.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Elidrisy20: 6:25am On Dec 06, 2021
Wizards and witches plenty for Lagos, EDO no be Lagos
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by yemex04(m): 6:27am On Dec 06, 2021
Qurungu:

I agree with you, and I have another question to add: “how does a person die by just sitting in a car”?

My theory: It is likely that a yet to be known external force acted on the kids OR that the car is contaminated with some kind of lethal poisonous substance which the kids may have inhaled or ingested, maybe rat poison, or sniper used to protect the car from rats or other rodents.

Sir,
Anyone will suffocate to death in an enclosure without the supply of oxygen. As reported the car was wund up which indicated the absence of oxygen. Adults can escape such circumstance because they probably know what to do when they are being suffocated but I doubt kids of 4 to 6 years can do much.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Buzx: 6:28am On Dec 06, 2021
Qurungu:

It can be very uncomfortable, but how sure are you of the weather conditions that day?

The weather is usually very hot during the afternoons these days. It's very uncomfortable to you, now think of 8 kids in a heated, airtight vehicle, on a hot afternoon for extended periods. That would definitely lead to suffocation.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Qurungu: 6:30am On Dec 06, 2021
Originalsly:

If the children can enter the car it means the car was unlocked. If the child lock was on it means the back doors of the car cannot be opened from the inside. If the children know to open the door from the outside it means they know how to open it from the inside. If they somehow didn't know .... they will know to blow the horn. If they don't know to blow the horn they would pound on the windows to attract attention since the was in the front yard. In these times children are smarter than you think at figuring out such stuff. Children dying in locked cars under the sun happens all the time... but 8 of them? This is no accident.... it is homicide.

If children can enter the car, they will also likely play with the steering wheel. If they play with the steering wheel, they will likely try to open the front door as soon as they feel trapped.
I feel there may have been a 3rd and unknown actor who took advantage of the circumstance or that they may have inhaled or ingested a poisonous substance used in the car.

As per the asphyxia explanation, I’m not sure I lean towards it because a bad car will not be air tight. Most cars aren’t.

It is also possible that with the constant sunlight, dangerous fumes were released in the car.

1 Like

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by jidxin(m): 6:42am On Dec 06, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Terrible things are happening in Lagos, Don't loose guard

Rip to the dead
don't lose God
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by sayso: 6:45am On Dec 06, 2021
tnerro1:
But child lock only affects the back doors, the front doors don’t have child lock protection
this is the lines that draws attention. Six years old can open inner car handles.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Isobug: 6:55am On Dec 06, 2021
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Chibudollar: 6:58am On Dec 06, 2021
This is fucking sad
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Pyhonist: 7:03am On Dec 06, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Terrible things are happening in Lagos, Don't loose guard

Rip to the dead

Terrible things are happening everywhere not only in Lagos Mr man.

This is a direct result of parental stupidly. You allow your children to play around indiscriminately because you think they are PAKO and should given unlimited freedom to explore the area
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Lovenorth: 7:06am On Dec 06, 2021
Part of the KANU Christmas virgin sacrifice. RIP
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by sayso: 7:06am On Dec 06, 2021
Qurungu:

If children can enter the car, they will also likely play with the steering wheel. If they play with the steering wheel, they will likely try to open the front door as soon as they feel trapped.
I feel there may have been a 3rd and unknown actor who took advantage of the circumstance or that they may have inhaled or ingested a poisonous substance used in the car.

As per the asphyxia explanation, I’m not sure I lean towards it because a bad car will not be air tight. Most cars aren’t.

It is also possible that with the constant sunlight, dangerous fumes were released in the car.
Agree with you on those points. Can't they do CPR and check for pulse than dumping them on the ground?
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Edusouls(m): 7:09am On Dec 06, 2021
Lagos is always a terrible place anytime any day
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by uuzba(m): 7:15am On Dec 06, 2021
Qurungu:

What's the meaning of "that day"?
EVERY DAY in this 2021, January to December I'm in my house with the WINDOWS WIDE OPEN and I am terribly uncomfortable.
I MUST ALWAYS USE FAN 24/7 to feel a bit of comfort.
Talkless of inside of car.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Slurity(m): 7:18am On Dec 06, 2021
The owner of the car definitely has no fault but the parents of the children and the children themselves. This is purely an accident. Going by the story if it's true.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by uuzba(m): 7:21am On Dec 06, 2021
goodluck813:
Poor parenting is increasing day by day (negligence)
Plenty F***ing is increasing very well too!
That's the only one that people know.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Moneyboyz: 7:25am On Dec 06, 2021
POLYGAMY:
THERE’S MORE TO THIS NEWS, THE SALIAT WOMAN SHOULD TELL US WHAT HAPPENED TO THE KIDS

That's how you all say rubbish and get people in trouble. Jungle justice crew.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Jay5000(m): 7:26am On Dec 06, 2021
Nemere2020:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/499215-eight-children-found-dead-in-parked-vehicle-in-lagos.html
the story is not believable. There's no child lock on the front doors. The kids could've gotten out from the front. There's more to this story
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by cescky(m): 7:34am On Dec 06, 2021
ba7man:
You're thinking like those illiterate jungle justice mobs that lynch innocent people for stupid reasons.

Don't mind him, Nigerians will rather believe in juju than rational reason and science.... Thats his sort of mind and majority.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by joeking2222: 7:37am On Dec 06, 2021
SportsHD:

I think they couldn't figure out how to disable the child lock.
And dem no fit shout or knock d car screen, door, or any part of d car wey fit alert people wey dey around abi? D new said "8 children of between 4-6years" abi u expect make all of dem mumu at once ni? There is more to their death bro!!!
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by slex(m): 7:39am On Dec 06, 2021
After reading some comments here it shows a lot of adults don't know anything about child lock.

If the child lock function is on, the door can be opened from outside (for that person asking if child lock is on how could the door be opened).

As a child, the last thing on your mind would be to wind the glass down or open the drivers side (for those asking about this. How old were you when u discovered the front doors can be opened?)
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Easylifelomo(m): 7:44am On Dec 06, 2021
May there soul rest in peace
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by joeking2222: 7:44am On Dec 06, 2021
Qurungu:

Heat from inside d car can as well sufocate dem bro, but not at fast rate!!! Na only God understand wetin happen to those children sha, but since autopsy will b carried out on dem according to the news, lets keep our fingers crossed, if possible we are to hear anything frm this news again!!!
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Paulfrank200: 7:50am On Dec 06, 2021
child's lock is only ourselves we are playing
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Psoul(m): 7:53am On Dec 06, 2021
christejames:
This is sad...

What sort of negligence is that?

How will eight children open a parked car and cramp themselves in the car and then go ahead to lock themselves just to play inside? They need to do more investigation.

RIP to the dead.

It is very possible. This is not the first time this has happened in this country.
8 of them were playing together. Once one of them entered the car, all of them will follow.

The car having a child lock turned on was what made it impossible for them to open it.

1 Like

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by siant: 7:54am On Dec 06, 2021
Franking:

How can I be thankful for being in Nigeria where roads are terrible, no electricity, law and order are discarded, u can actually throw filth anywhere u like, bribery and corruption are the norm, chaos reign supreme, etc. A bird born in a cage will actually think that freedom and flying are a disease.
oya tell me where all these are not being experienced

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dead Bodies Stick Out Of Imota Cemetery, Lagos (Disturbing Pics) / Are There Any Side Effects Of Using Methylated Spirit To Aid Beard Growth?? / Help! My Dad Is Rotting Away (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.