Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls (38622 Views)

Hackers Can Unlock And Steal Your Vehicles - NCC Alerts Nigerians / How Hackers Diverted $613 Cryptocurrency Fund / Losing Your Mobile Phone To These SIM Card Hackers Can Render Your Savings Empty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by sweetMichael(m): 3:11pm On Dec 06, 2021
LordCenturion:
The other guy was telling me that he's Mr Steve from USA but the dude contact me with Nigerian number, he's still an amateur
e dey learn work
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by Justinlean02(m): 3:11pm On Dec 06, 2021
Generalwoodz:
It's seems like I've been hacked cos all these listed above is currently happening to me.

However, I'm not in the least bothered or fidgeting on reading this post because practically I've zero naira in my account balance. Can't even remember when last I went to my bank or transcated with them.

What about my crypto?
My Binance app is just there occupying space and no coin bought, no coin sold. Absolutely nothing.

Yesterday I downloaded Trust wallet just so I could benefit from the airdrops I saw on Reddit. If the airdrops doesn't amount to anything worthwhile, I'd sell off my phone on or before 20th December just so I could afford to give myself nice treat this Xmas season.

I can't kill myself jor
how can you be a writer and be broke, you could be a content writer focusing on blockchain technology and make good money
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by verybadmouth(m): 3:12pm On Dec 06, 2021
06de:
how I wish I had the opportunity , have you Google tetraplegia person before to know my limit and limitations, mobity and stystem control is hindering factor
Good to your state governor and seek disability cheques
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by Saintinoo(m): 3:15pm On Dec 06, 2021
True, that is how a foreign number have been flashing me, thinking I will call back. Scammers
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by 06de: 3:38pm On Dec 06, 2021
verybadmouth:

Good to your state governor and seek disability cheques
disability cheques what does mean
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by franugo(m): 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2021
NotKnown:
Okay na.

There are some phones that the virus will attack and revert back to the hackers saying "no hope here" cos of the level of brokage in the country.

However the topic is a click bait. The post doesn't state how your account is attacked if you answer a simple phone call.

They focused more on SMS.

Still it requires the victim to click on it before anything happens.

Howbeit, be security conscious out there guys.
Our fault for expecting a sensible piece after the nonsensical thread
subject. Op just used unnecessary grammar to say rubbish
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 3:52pm On Dec 06, 2021
NotKnown:

However the topic is a click bait. The post doesn't state how your account is attacked if you answer a simple phone call.
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by pacespot(m): 3:59pm On Dec 06, 2021
How come that the Google Play Protect can't detect this
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by drpips1(m): 4:10pm On Dec 06, 2021
Highly unlikely to have a malware attack just by receiving a call, what you should avoid is untrusted links and apps

Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by DaveHarry(m): 4:12pm On Dec 06, 2021
Android's open-source nature makes it always vulnerable, whether it's the latest version or not.

But one thing too, I don't think a phone can be infected with malware through answering a call, because.....
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by poiZon: 4:12pm On Dec 06, 2021
Generalwoodz:
It's seems like I've been hacked cos all these listed above is currently happening to me.

However, I'm not in the least bothered or fidgeting on reading this post because practically I've zero naira in my account balance. Can't even remember when last I went to my bank or transcated with them.

What about my crypto?
My Binance app is just there occupying space and no coin bought, no coin sold. Absolutely nothing.

Yesterday I downloaded Trust wallet just so I could benefit from the airdrops I saw on Reddit. If the airdrops doesn't amount to anything worthwhile, I'd sell off my phone on or before 20th December just so I could afford to give myself nice treat this Xmas season.

I can't kill myself jor
Na which phone e be, i fit help u find buyer.
Make i start small dey learn affiliate marketing.
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by MrBanner(m): 4:19pm On Dec 06, 2021
verybadmouth:

Shey na scammer we go call you or hacker. Abi are you both?

Celestine Nwankwo is a scammer and a thief. Call the mods and report his scamming posts wherever you see him.
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by Hassanmaye(m): 4:29pm On Dec 06, 2021
NotKnown:
Okay na.

There are some phones that the virus will attack and revert back to the hackers saying "no hope here" cos of the level of brokage in the country.

Tech guru

They focused more on SMS.

Still it requires the victim to click on it before anything happens.

Howbeit, be security conscious out there guys.
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2021
It’s just like pirated windows lol it’s open season I use Sophos intercept X on the Apple AppStore it lets me know even when my wifi is shady
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by donhils: 4:46pm On Dec 06, 2021
How about this is just a hoax to promote iOS by continuously stressing that the malware targets only android users. Knox on Samsung devices is very protective so I don't understand the emphasis on Androids
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by Adejal: 4:54pm On Dec 06, 2021
Simple as ABC, insert your sim card linked to your banks on a small phone and insert a call number or alternative number on your browsing phone. An average Nigerian is using at least two handsets,
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by Testimony1988(m): 5:06pm On Dec 06, 2021
That's why is not always good to receive calls from unknown callers.

1 Like

Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by Zephyr1: 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2021
Conflicting report. It said infection through calls the headline but addressed smishing through SMS.
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by Hkff: 6:28pm On Dec 06, 2021
Ohhh
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by TeeGentle(m): 7:13pm On Dec 06, 2021
so, anyone is not safe
DOUBLE WAHALA
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:27pm On Dec 06, 2021
bolaayenimo:
these are the people i expect DSS and EFCC to go after, but they won't
So which people are they now going after?
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by Mamijoh(f): 9:25pm On Dec 06, 2021
DSC7:
May we never fall victim.....

#HustleLegit cool
Amen
Re: How Hackers Can Access Your Money If You Answer Their Calls by okoroemeka(m): 11:26pm On Dec 06, 2021
Generalwoodz:

What about my crypto?

I can't kill myself jor
if you see strange phone numbers from Burundi,Fiji,Trinidad,Rwanda,Barbados,morrocco,etc don't ever pick it,you have been warned!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport In PHC (vid) / This Is The New Way Of Robbing In Lagos / Dr. Femi Olaleye In Prison For Allegedly Defiling His Wife’s 15-Year-Old Niece

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.