Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? (15239 Views)

Why Do You Feel Better When You Listen To Sad Music? / When Last Did You Listen To Radio. / Brekete Family Founded By Amed Isah: Nigerians turn to Radio station For Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Donclique(m): 10:03pm On Dec 06, 2021
I do this everyday, I'm currently listening to evening jams from one of the stations in uyo.
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Badsod(m): 10:14pm On Dec 06, 2021
Radio for me is everyday, it is my daily dose. Top radio 90.9(SportsCafe ND other shows), Nigerian info, Max Fm, Splash Fm, Rave Fm (Osun state) and so on are my faves. I can't go a day without listening to radio. Never at all!

#RadioLoveboy #RadioMan

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by mkoabiola: 10:25pm On Dec 06, 2021
Vwoman200:
I'm a radio enthusiast..
Right from the time of Yaw Wake up show to Matse Owatse of Wazobia 95.1FM to Wiliwili the Holy Ghost and Lolo 1,
I moved my interest to Nigeria Info 99.3FM during the time of Tolulope Adeleru Balogun and Adenike Oyetunde with this Lady Nelly especially during their Show they called the COVEN.
After that I would wait patiently for Alibaba and his boys to give me pure comedy on Alibaba Seriously on same Nigeria Info FM before I would now switch to Rainbow 94.1 FM to enjoy my evening with DeDon and Ochuko comedy...
I used to enjoy my dinner with the sound of Late Chaz B's Voice echoing from Inspiration FM on his show called Sharing Life Issues but after his demise now I am stuck with Love doctor on Max FM..

Wow

U jus described my day years ago.
Is yaw stil with wazobia fm..
What of Alibaba seriously.. Laffup and d rest but was broda shaggi with Alibaba then.

Chaz B of blessed memory will make u stay glue to ur radio with his deep thought, voice and accent...
What time is love doctor on max fm
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 06, 2021
Listening to dem say dem say on
wazobia fm
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by mkoabiola: 10:31pm On Dec 06, 2021
Wen i thought Lagos has d best presenters cum broadcasters

But when I listen to konkonsa of Royal fm. Bayelsa

U willl stay glue to ur radio

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 06, 2021
Vwoman200:
I'm a radio enthusiast..
Right from the time of Yaw Wake up show to Matse Owatse of Wazobia 95.1FM to Wiliwili the Holy Ghost and Lolo 1,
I moved my interest to Nigeria Info 99.3FM during the time of Tolulope Adeleru Balogun and Adenike Oyetunde with this Lady Nelly especially during their Show they called the COVEN.
After that I would wait patiently for Alibaba and his boys to give me pure comedy on Alibaba Seriously on same Nigeria Info FM before I would now switch to Rainbow 94.1 FM to enjoy my evening with DeDon and Ochuko comedy...
I used to enjoy my dinner with the sound of Late Chaz B's Voice echoing from Inspiration FM on his show called Sharing Life Issues but after his demise now I am stuck with Love doctor on Max FM..
after the death of Momoh Kubanji on old Radio Continental (now Max Fm) and the switchover from Radio Continental to Max Fm, radio just die for my side. Even Naija info 99.3 has lost it.
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by charlesdinho7(m): 10:38pm On Dec 06, 2021
i listen to my radio everyday. right now i am listening towazobia fm. i can never stop listening to the radio. i prefer to listen to my radio than to have meaningless conversation with friends. i love radio more than some humans
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by RealAdewole(m): 10:48pm On Dec 06, 2021
Olunmercy56:
My radio is like my companion for now
we are in the same boat

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by jonsn: 10:53pm On Dec 06, 2021
Listening to the radio is still a norm for multitudes especially on their way to work, either in their cars or in public vehicles.
It's still a very strong source of information.
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Allisgud: 11:12pm On Dec 06, 2021
I listen to radio Wella,mostly discussion about politics on wazobia morning runs with nedu alaji Musa evening oyoyo,Nigeria info with Jimi ,is its oK with Ok bakkasi 91.3lagos fm
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Feelings79: 11:41pm On Dec 06, 2021
sylva1:
I listen to radio everyday, I actually like listening to radio, its just part of me. It more like a companion!!
Same with me.My radio is my closest friend.I do BBC alot because I stay in a rural area where FM reception is poor.Ordinarily, BBC can be great too
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Feelings79: 11:43pm On Dec 06, 2021
charlesdinho7:
i listen to my radio everyday. right now i am listening towazobia fm. i can never stop listening to the radio. i prefer to listen to my radio than to have meaningless conversation with friends. i love radio more than some humans
You are just me.Radio can make better sense than some humans with coconut heads

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Feelings79: 11:50pm On Dec 06, 2021
Nyceguy92:
It is surprising that some people do not listen to the radio regularly.

I listen to the radio not only for the music and information, but also to learn how people use languages during interviews, drama, panel discussions, personality profiles, etc.

I used to have a timetable for programmes like Reggae Time on Radio Rivers 2, FM by Mavelous Macaulay, drama on IBC( Imo State), 20 Questions, and a Philosophy panel discussion on ABC (Anambra), and all the music Jam sessions on various stations I could receive on my radio.

I loved to listen to BBC, Radio France International, Radio Netherlands, etc. In order to increase my reception, I connected my radio antenna to the house zinc roof.

Agreed most of the radio stations have been politicized and only sing praises of the person in office, there are those that still offer good programs.

Even with TVs and online streaming movies readily available, listening to the radio is very educative as well as entertaining. Make it a habit.
Thanks for highlighting quite well the benefits of radio.I live in a village where there's a lot of ignorance.In an attempt to broaden my horizon, improve my spoken English and make myself a better conversationalist, I took to radio years ago.Eventually, when I speak,heads turn with many now encouraging me to take to public speaking as a career.All is courtesy of BBC and the likes

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Mayor38(m): 12:02am On Dec 07, 2021
Today. Wazobia FM Kano
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by LINTUNE(m): 12:02am On Dec 07, 2021
Have been an active radio listener since 2011, I don't think theres any lagosian that would find radio boring..my favourites OAPs are, Murphy ijemba and Sean amadi of brilla fm/Max fm..Sandra ezekwezil naija info, mark etebo,Max fm, D_don of rainbow fm, Joyce and dotun of cool fm.. there's this edo man that anchors a political program at Ray power, 8:30...so many OAPs like that,can't remember their names....I miss lag, it's been a year now have been away... there's even this hookup show, usually at night, I think it's naija info, lol only men calls in the show,women are so shy to call for hookup in the show...
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by eyinola: 12:05am On Dec 07, 2021
In my car everyday 98.5 sound city fm na permanent station be dat grin
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Vwoman200: 12:36am On Dec 07, 2021
franciskaine:
after the death of Momoh Kubanji on old Radio Continental (now Max Fm) and the switchover from Radio Continental to Max Fm, radio just die for my side. Even Naija info 99.3 has lost it.
Truth be told, Radio has lost its sensation.
Every station now is busy fighting for who will outnumber the other in interviewing artistes and unfortunately I'm not passionate about Celebrities and their chemical personalities

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by alleazardous(m): 1:23am On Dec 07, 2021
Stopped listening to radio when Murphy left Brilla fm
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by herich(m): 1:27am On Dec 07, 2021
I can't do without Radio, reason why I always have earpiece, but I don't listen to music on radio, I listen more of forums.
political, socioeconomic, religious, eyewitness reports, sports and every trending happenings, in Nigeria and the world in general.
I only know Nigeria info and today fm in portharcourt, because listening to them is very educative.

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Tonytonex(m): 7:20am On Dec 07, 2021
I don't listen to radio. however, there are certain programs on radio that I love listening to.
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Tonytonex(m): 7:23am On Dec 07, 2021
melonsgroup:
Just listening to 9ja fm now.
Via gotv
your subscription don finish be that. angry
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Kinematics: 8:00am On Dec 07, 2021
Vwoman200:

Truth be told, Radio has lost its sensation.
Every station now is busy fighting for who will outnumber the other in interviewing artistes and unfortunately I'm not passionate about Celebrities and their chemical personalities

This is Lagos I guess. Not so in my city. Where I'm from its too much politics, though I get annoyed sometimes, still can't do without my car radio. Infact radio is more important to me in the car than AC.
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Vwoman200: 8:03am On Dec 07, 2021
Kinematics:

This is Lagos I guess. Not so in my city. Where I'm from its too much politics, though I get annoyed sometimes, bur still can't do without my car radio. Infact radio is more important to me in the car than AC .
Eleyi gidi Gan grin
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Kinematics: 8:04am On Dec 07, 2021
Vwoman200:

Eleyi gidi Gan grin

I'm very serious. Can't do without the radio, but I can manage without AC.
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by murtaj(m): 8:56am On Dec 07, 2021
Everyday with my phone
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Zikachat(m): 9:04am On Dec 07, 2021
Every morning
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Nyceguy92: 5:06pm On Dec 07, 2021
Feelings79:
Thanks for highlighting quite well the benefits of radio.I live in a village where there's a lot of ignorance.In an attempt to broaden my horizon, improve my spoken English and make myself a better conversationalist, I took to radio years ago.Eventually, when I speak,heads turn with many now encouraging me to take to public speaking as a career.All is courtesy of BBC and the likes
The benefits of listening to the radio cannot be overemphasised. It is one of my favorite ways to relax, especially lying down in the bedroom or alone somewhere.

As of today, I have at least five good quality portable receivers that include clock radios and short wave receivers. Sometimes I give out to those who will appreciate them.

I am happy for you that listening to the radio had such great positive impact in you. Cheers.
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Feelings79: 5:17pm On Dec 07, 2021
Nyceguy92:

The benefits of listening to the radio cannot be overemphasised. It is one of my favorite ways to relax, especially lying down in the bedroom or alone somewhere.

As of today, I have at least five good quality portable receivers that include clock radios and short wave receivers. Sometimes I give out to those who will appreciate them.

I am happy for you that listening to the radio had such great positive impact in you. Cheers.
Welcome bro
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by FILEBE(m): 9:14pm On Dec 07, 2021
Been an avid listener starting from the days of Cruise control on Metro Fm anchored by Frank Edoho then Kamal Salau , Rock City on Metro fm Anchored by Doris .
Straight from the heart. This is always on Metro Fm very night . It is about touching stories (fiction or non fictio) written and sent to the anchors to read . They will always pick a word or sentence in the story and play a song that has that title. It was the best to happen to radio that hour.

Joyce on Cool Fm.

Radio continental : Tataafo with Iya Jogbo
Dan Foster with Rick Dees Top 40 every weekends .

These were the Good ole days of radio. Now, I tune everyday to find a program I will listen to everyday and I still haven't found one .

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Bignuell(m): 6:53pm On Dec 08, 2021
Olunmercy56:
My radio is like my companion for now
How about a companion that really listens to you and not just play music??
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Olunmercy56(f): 6:57pm On Dec 08, 2021
Bignuell:
How about a companion that really listens to you and not just play music??

I pray to meet him soonest.
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Bignuell(m): 8:22pm On Dec 08, 2021
Olunmercy56:

I pray to meet him soonest.
Do you mind if i send a pm??

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ODUMODUBLACK FT. Tiwa Savage - 100 Million (Official Video) / Enya's Music Is Satanic? / KACH To Drop "DINO" Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.