Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? (15241 Views)

Why Do You Feel Better When You Listen To Sad Music? / When Last Did You Listen To Radio. / Brekete Family Founded By Amed Isah: Nigerians turn to Radio station For Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Hotzone(m): 5:02pm On Dec 06, 2021
Inside KEKE bus driven by IPOB followers....these guys are the real herdsmen, the way they listen to radio lately even Aboki the shoe shiner dey learn work
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Achico: 5:02pm On Dec 06, 2021
Just now now RADIO BIAFRA
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Penboy: 5:03pm On Dec 06, 2021
When I left Lagos.
4 years ago.

Only Lagos State has very interesting stations.
The rest states are rubbish.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by BanditsAreTerro: 5:03pm On Dec 06, 2021
Everyday bro. Unfortunately no good news from Nigeria. Everyday corruption and deaths no dey end for radio since the govt enter power. Smh

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Karlirk: 5:03pm On Dec 06, 2021
I owe my English language proficiency and impeccable orals to listening to radio while growing up. Those days, I used to tune in to BBC World Service short wave bandwidths. I also listened to Voice of America, as well as local stations with good presenters, Coal City Fm, Enugu (Flora Ojukwu & co).I kept dairies of the daily news, piles of rotting books eaten by roaches and insects now. Considering where I grew up, I couldn't have amounted to much in life without that language fluency and mastery. Can remember my younger brother calling me Aboki for always buying those Philips brand radio sets and carrying them everywhere. I loved BBC presenters so much, especially Steven of "From Our Own Correspondents".

It's been a long time I stopped being a dedicated listener , more than 20 years now.

Just recently I returned, although occasionally, through Internet radio. Once in a blue moon. I listen only to RFI Afrique, because I am deepening my knowledge of French. For a year, I was struggling to master how to understand spoken French, watching all the videos on YouTube and following the stories on TV5 Monde, others ( I already have strong mastery of the grammar and can write effortlessly in French). But switching over to radio proved the most effective way to understand spoken French, for me. Within a month of doing that, I can understand any French accent, effortlessly.

Radio helped shape me into what I am today. You can never link my accent to any of Nigeria's languages. It has some British tones to it, part American, just international accent, with spectacular grasp and command of the words. My vocabulary is also deep and rich.

These days, I write a lot and read mostly written content. Barely have time for TVs too. Netflix also has its influence, especially when you have little time for leisure.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by FlipModeSquade(m): 5:03pm On Dec 06, 2021
Several times a month..

Especially sports topics..
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by waze63(m): 5:03pm On Dec 06, 2021
AprokoGirl:
So I Was Taking a Morning Work Today , And I Stopped at A Nearby Shop To Get A Bottled Water.

The Man Owning The Shop was busy listening to 7AM News ....

Wow , I Wonder !!! , So People are still Listening To Radio !!!

My Last Time Of Using A Radio Was 15 Years Ago !!!

What Of You ??

Shared By: ILLIKANNU DONALD CHUKWUMA.

I do it everyday
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by yanabasee2: 5:03pm On Dec 06, 2021
Kriss216:
So, when will you subscribe

Lol
Comrade....

I will cancel your name from entering heaven..... lol
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by TinubuGoQuench(f): 5:03pm On Dec 06, 2021
Kriss216:
December 2015.

One Radio station in Warri. The presenter was warning the listeners to always remember to quench their smoke before disposing, as per say na dry season...

It must be Kpoko FM, 100.5
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 06, 2021
No time for radio.

I read my news on nairaland.
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by FlipModeSquade(m): 5:04pm On Dec 06, 2021
Achico:
Just now now RADIO BIAFRA
Yeah..

You need a recharge on the propaganda.. angry
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Ferrous(m): 5:04pm On Dec 06, 2021
Almost everyday
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by MufasaLion: 5:05pm On Dec 06, 2021
cheesy grin grin
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 06, 2021
Every day

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Kriss216: 5:05pm On Dec 06, 2021
yanabasee2:

Comrade....

I will cancel your name from entering heaven..... lol
Me wey dey Heaven already dey wait for una
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Omniman(m): 5:05pm On Dec 06, 2021
In my car daily 96.5fm
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Gate050: 5:05pm On Dec 06, 2021
AprokoGirl:
So I Was Taking a Morning Work Today , And I Stopped at A Nearby Shop To Get A Bottled Water.

What Of You ??

Just this minute cuz I just bought a Nokia 110 4G wireless radio. Since about 5 years ago
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by IJEYdiamond(f): 5:06pm On Dec 06, 2021
Wazobia............ !!.....
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by MufasaLion: 5:06pm On Dec 06, 2021
Citygal:
No time for radio.

I read my news on nairaland.

Nairaland with stale news?

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by obembet(f): 5:06pm On Dec 06, 2021
Who dey listen to radio In this 21 century? Liar Mohammed self have kill them with rules, can don't do things on thier own again. They don't take the truth again.

New that u are read on nairaland 4 days ago na weitin them dey talk. So Radio in Nigeria is dead just like Justice
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by teacherbim(f): 5:06pm On Dec 06, 2021
Chai! this makes me remember my late mom, koko inu iwe iroyin cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by HonestFriend: 5:06pm On Dec 06, 2021
Yesterday.. Premier league March..

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Bmaster(m): 5:06pm On Dec 06, 2021
Always live on RADIO BIAFRA!
Shikena
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Olam09(m): 5:06pm On Dec 06, 2021
Decades ago.. unless dem dey play radio inside BRT bus only
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Nicepoker(m): 5:07pm On Dec 06, 2021
I listen to the radio every blessed day. I can't miss petals Fm ibadan listening to the newspaper analysis from maestro mehn that man is intelligent. Jamz fm for music. R2 Fm for sport analysis.

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Tezzi(m): 5:07pm On Dec 06, 2021
Am 20 nd am a fan of radio so I listen to it always expecially 94.5 fm nd 102.9 fm at 5pm daily
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Blizzy9ja: 5:07pm On Dec 06, 2021
everyday
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by princejones(m): 5:07pm On Dec 06, 2021
I listen to radio stations on when driving than playing conventional music except for gospel cd's

Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by fubsy: 5:07pm On Dec 06, 2021
Today,

Start listening to 99.3 Nigeria Info, and your life will never remain the same again. I was not a radio person but the day I mistakenly tuned my radio on independence day in 2010, I got hooked to it.

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Bashnigga(m): 5:07pm On Dec 06, 2021
Been using my phone for 2 yrs now & I've never for once used the radio
Re: When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? by Shezzman: 5:07pm On Dec 06, 2021
I dislike noise and I always opined that listening to radio is like noise making. I hardly even listen to the music on my phone.
AprokoGirl:

What Of You ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ODUMODUBLACK FT. Tiwa Savage - 100 Million (Official Video) / Enya's Music Is Satanic? / KACH To Drop "DINO" Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.