Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,829 members, 7,831,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

People Prime Flop? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / People Prime Flop? (1589 Views)

People' Prime Apt. Test Result Is Out / Invitation For People Prime Interview Discussion / People Prime {urgent} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Prime Flop? by mariachi(m): 2:57pm On Jul 27, 2007
Hey guys, all who attended the GRF, how do you access it?

In my opinion, I think it was a flop relatively. Aside the fact that they organized a "fair" of that sort, the first in Nigeria, fine for that, but the general organisation as really poor and I score them below par.

What do you guys (those who attended the fair) think?
Re: People Prime Flop? by mkb(m): 7:10pm On Jul 27, 2007
How many graduate recruitment fairs have u organized? After they gave us seminars, materials , u score them below par. the only thing abt this fair was that we did nt have enough time 2 meet the companies that came due to our number. Even if i dont get a job that seminar was worth it.
despite what happened 2day we should appreciate people prime. Mrs Nike De Souza and her team have actually taken a walk through hell just to make this fair a reality.
Re: People Prime Flop? by bunmeee(f): 9:06pm On Jul 27, 2007
It was a waste of my valuable time.
Re: People Prime Flop? by odeshi: 9:37pm On Jul 27, 2007
i dont know , but it was an experiece and i really learn a lot
Re: People Prime Flop? by georgee(m): 10:46pm On Jul 27, 2007
Am kool wt d seminar thing,but dat interview session was poorly planned.
Anyway,they tried sha. Though i didnt get 2 meet wt d emplyees,bt was able 2 drop my CV,
Re: People Prime Flop? by chyzion: 9:04am On Jul 28, 2007
Hi, I'm new to this forum and this is actually my first time of participating. I attended the fair. It was ok especially with the fact that we didn't pay any fee to be there (except those who came in from other states). If you investigate other recruiting agencies, you actually have to pay a fee even before they start talking to you. Besides, we were even given materials which we didn't pay a dime for. So, from my own point of view, I feel it's unfair to call it a flop outrightly. Mrs. Nike Desouza owes none of us jobs. The only aspect I had a problem with was with day 2, the limited time we had to convince the companies present what we wanted from them. Most of them even had their so called lists which I felt shouldn't have been the case. I believe we should have been given a fair chance to prove to them that Nigerian graduates are willing to establish long term goals with them and abolish the rush for foreign students most times. All the same I have learnt a lot from the fair positively and if u have too ,believe u me, we will get there very soon. Remember, it's all about you. Reinvent yourself if necessary and never ever give up. Be FOCUSED. God bless.
Chyzion.
Re: People Prime Flop? by xeled(m): 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2007
Hi landers
I agree with the sentiments expressed but i believe they tried bearing in mind the kind of exposure given on day 1.
I also believe day 2 was a flop to those who never had a chance to meet with the companies
maybe they would improve in subsequent fairs
All the best in the job hunting adventure
CHEERS!!!!!!
Re: People Prime Flop? by madeonline(m): 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2007
It is okay and I am confident some folks would still gain their dream job via the fair or ideas learnt at the fair. However the planning was excellent until you reach the gate to the fair, it is my hope that future editions would be better of.
Re: People Prime Flop? by chucket(m): 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2007
Fellow nairalanders,

I appreciate all those who are giving kudos to People prime. After all, it is not easy not organise a fair of that magnitude.

Now, come to think of it. Dont someone think that the whole lot was for the image boosting of people prime? How come the woman from Guinness expressed a surprise at the crowd? Do you think Nike really told them we needed job or an awareness seminar? Maybe it was the crowd that even scared Guinness away!

Those who had a chance to meet with companies were those of the morning session. As for me, they called us in only to abandon us in a room on the first floor only for someone to come and tell us its over. When we rushed down, we only had to drop our CVs with reckless abandon. I did not meet MTN when I came in.

So, it was successful in a way that is for those who attended the morning session!
The last group to enter, we paid dearly.

Thanks anyway people prime maybe your next fair would be better!
Re: People Prime Flop? by kochito(m): 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2007
U are really ungrateful,how can u score the organiser below par? this is the 1st time of organising something of that nature ,u cant xpect it to be hitch free.Thumbs up to peopleprime n more power to their elbows
Re: People Prime Flop? by Xorcyst(m): 11:45pm On Jul 28, 2007
Sentiments aside i think it was a media circus!I mean! How difrent is it from dropn ur cv at hqs?Do u thnk organizn d fair does not hav its financial rewards 4rm d companies 4 gfair?If u do,den dah?Hapi sme people learnt smethn tho!As for me carpe dieme
Re: People Prime Flop? by ov: 3:44pm On Jul 29, 2007
9ja! u guys are impossible. U got FREE materials and a seminar. U even met with SOME companies and u score people prime below average. Well, yes they didnt fulfill all our desires but we must not sound ungratefull. Afterall if u knew what u were doing a 5minutes interview can tell a lot about you. Anyway, i've been called back to lagos for two inteviews. Kudos goes to ppprime. CIAO
Re: People Prime Flop? by SOJ(m): 6:48pm On Jul 29, 2007
ov:

Nigeria! u guys are impossible. You got FREE materials and a seminar. You even met with SOME companies and u score people prime below average. Well, yes they didnt fulfill all our desires but we must not sound ungratefull. Afterall if u knew what u were doing a 5minutes interview can tell a lot about you. Anyway, i've been called back to lagos for two inteviews. Kudos goes to ppprime. CIAO

True talk,my person!Hmm, i dont wknow what peole want again o.Probably they expected Nike and her team to drop jobs on their laps.Those who think so should wait for christmas to come o.Haba! Kudos to pprime from me too!
Re: People Prime Flop? by mariachi(m): 9:49am On Jul 30, 2007
Hey MKB, asking how many seminers I have organised is never going to solve any problem. You have to be objective about things. You have people from far and wide, giving them an impression. I had no problem whatsoever with the Day 1 of the fair. But call a spade a spade. The day 2 was an absolute disaster. That alone is enough get someone I an organised company a sack (thats incase you are not aware).

"They tried" isnt good enough. There are ways you do things that less people complain. I think the "Nigerian thing" here is having to settle for crap, and then say, "afterall it is the first of its kind", "how many have you organised". That is crap, crap and absolute crap.

Anything worth doing is worth doing well. I personally got to meet some companies and over 70% did not. Because I met a few companies does not make the fair a success. How about the other 70%?

ov and SOJ, do you know how much people invested into the fair? When I say people, I mean the participants. Do you thing that People Prime just spent their money? They got it back and even more. Dont give me that crap about "NIGERIANS". The point is that they gave "us" an impression which they failed to meet up with. How about people that came all the way from Ph, Abj, Sokoto, Zamfara? Can you beat that? SOJ and ov, we sould learn not to settle for crap.

The issue here is that they took alot for granted and they have to work on it. It takes more than organising a fair.

Safe all. wink

1 Like

Re: People Prime Flop? by Matured26(m): 11:56am On Jul 30, 2007
You are all well appreciated for ur comments.
One thing is certain cos I want to call a spade a spade.
I do not think it was worth the trouble but the Day 1 was perfect.
I wish to thank them all the same but better prep next time and better organization.
Pls imagine if the fair itself was for 2 days. It would have been perfect but 2000 plus in one day?
That's why It went the way it did.
Take care all and keep up the good work.
I am convinced it would soon be our turn
Re: People Prime Flop? by d7thcaller: 1:40pm On Jul 30, 2007
hello my fellow nairalanders,
The Peolpeprime organized GFair has come and gone.
Below is my own observations and opinion.
1.The ist day of the GFair was a fantastic event .Kudos 2 Gfair
2.The second day was poorly planned.
3.The GFair should have lasted more than 2days to give every body equal opuntunity to meet the companies.
4.Not all the companies where present (Sahara and co) why?
5.PeoplePrime brought down there pass grade so that many people will scale through the text and come to the fair
6.Finaly ,PeoplePrime is not a charity organization .It surely operates 4 profit hence they will put there interest first

thanks
Re: People Prime Flop? by akumbu: 3:07pm On Jul 30, 2007
They did not plan well on how to manage the crowd.
it was a total waste of time and resources.
Those of us that came in at last hour to drop our CV's inside cartorns, 80% of the last CVs collected will go to trash cos they never had time to look at us.
some companies like see drill had already gone before it got to my turn and so many others turn to enter the hall.
I thinks the fair was a total flop.
I agree with those that said, pple prime is not a charity organisation, the fair was sponsored and supported by so many companies, moreso, it was an opportunity for them to increase their clientele.
I suggest they keep our database with them for their clients and they should find a way of compensating for their lapses.
Re: People Prime Flop? by damkollins(m): 4:18pm On Jul 30, 2007
d7thcaller:

hello my fellow Nairaland users,
The Peolpeprime organized GFair has come and gone.
Below is my own observations and opinion.
1.The ist day of the GFair was a fantastic event .Kudos 2 Gfair
2.The second day was poorly planned.
3.The GFair should have lasted more than 2days to give every body equal opuntunity to meet the companies.
4.Not all the companies where present (Sahara and co) why?
5.PeoplePrime brought down there pass grade so that many people will scale through the text and come to the fair
6.Finaly ,PeoplePrime is not a charity organization .It surely operates 4 profit hence they will put there interest first

thanks
Number 6 was true.
akumbu:

They did not plan well on how to manage the crowd.
it was a total waste of time and resources.
Those of us that came in at last hour to drop our CV's inside cartorns, 80% of the last CVs collected will go to trash because they never had time to look at us.
some companies like see drill had already gone before it got to my turn and so many others turn to enter the hall.
I thinks the fair was a total flop.
I agree with those that said, people prime is not a charity organisation, the fair was sponsored and supported by so many companies, moreso, it was an opportunity for them to increase their clientele.
I suggest they keep our database with them for their clients and they should find a way of compensating for their lapses.
Good observation.
Re: People Prime Flop? by joxhibit(m): 4:39pm On Jul 30, 2007
frankly speaking i think that the whole idea of the fair had intially started on a good note but come to think of it if we are to take a critical analysis of the whole affair we would discover that we the graduates have indeed been used as cannon fodder for the benefit of a few. i think peopleprime just needed us to come for the fair in order to authenticate the whole affair so that the companies coming would actually view the whole situation as grand, but at the back the may have actually made up their mind about the people the would finally present to the companies grin grin

1 Like

Re: People Prime Flop? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2007
Although, the day 2 arrangement was poor and I'm sure that those that entered in first (7:30 slot) enjoyed every bit of it. they had quality time to be in the fair ground. Nonetheless, As for me. I'm hyper-optimistic that my going there won't be in vain. And to as many places that my CV shall get to, I shall be divinely favoured. grin grin. I wish you the same too.

Once again Kudos to People Prime for the fair. GBY.
Re: People Prime Flop? by ryta: 6:08pm On Jul 30, 2007
they shld hv told us we were 2 come drop cv and nt that ting they did. i spent money travelling 2 ph to write thier test and also spent money in coming 2 lag 4 d fair.well i hope something good comes out from dropping my cv
Re: People Prime Flop? by luwee(m): 7:02pm On Jul 30, 2007
Nonetheless, As for me. I'm hyper-optimistic that my going there won't be in vain. And to as many places that my CV shall get to, I shall be divinely favoured. . I wish you the same too.

Positive thinking, i feel u, AAMEEEEEEENNNNNN!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Lafarge Wapco Test Format Please / Download Free Reservoir Simulator / Do Anybody Know The Condition Of Service At Parkway Microfinance Bankltd?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.