Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,428 members, 7,812,262 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help (20139 Views)

Adewale Alao posted to Enugu for his NYSC now has a school in Enugu / How A Friend Used Her Best Friend To Teach Her Pupils In Class (Photos) / Microsoft To Support Owura Kwadwo Who Drew Computer On Blackboard To Teach ICT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by redcliff: 10:14am On Dec 08, 2021
after seeing these pictures, i have to withdraw my last statement. bros, to even start hawking better pass to live in this kine situation. sometimes somethings are not worth to be right of passage. this should not count as it...

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Raymond365r: 10:15am On Dec 08, 2021
Ok
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by doublecross(m): 10:15am On Dec 08, 2021
Your sandals sef tells a lot! Sorry bro
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by GorillaApp(m): 10:15am On Dec 08, 2021
Lordofalmajiri:
cool All I can see is creamy village pussies waiting for you.... cool cool cool
You don mad aswear grin

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by 15ssDRIVE(m): 10:15am On Dec 08, 2021
Babastrong:
Hello Op. Let me first of all congratulate you for your appointment.
secondly, what is the name of the village you were posted to in saki.
I stay in saki and i may be of help to you especially in term of your living conditions.
call: 0:8:1:3:4:3:4:2:3:0:8.

Boss, you be my guy, till the end of the world.

You cant be rich, if you dont have others in mind positively.... that ur number get WhatsApp?

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Stanweezy(m): 10:16am On Dec 08, 2021
FriendsAndFans:
Na mumu dey do NYSC grin

Naa Ghost dey reign
No be NYSC
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by irunoko(m): 10:16am On Dec 08, 2021
BiggyB242:
Baba quit abeg, it isn't worth it.
exactly.plus that place is infested with Fulani nuisance

Na person wey dey alive dey do NYSC.if you can you can request you do nysc next year.this is completely indecent and unconducive haba.youre a graduate not a beggar.youre there to serve your fathers land so you deserve to be treated with a basic level of consideration and respect.even undergraduate hostel is not this terrible.no go pick disease or be a victim of Fulani nuisance in the name of nysc o
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 08, 2021
Ologogoro:
Guy, stay there, impact the needful knowledge to the pupils, trust me you'll gain more in that rural area
What will he gain in that village for a permanent state government Job that doesn't even pay up to Nysc monthly allowance? See the living condition sef, until he ends up spending the little money he has on treating malaria and typhoid.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 08, 2021
Mrbenny001:
Young people should start going into farming and leave government work alone.. which kind of suffering be this

Some government jobs allow you to make money and also pay well, though it isn't the right way. e.g immigration, FIRS, ICPC, Nigeria Gas, NNPC, DPR, ministries (when you have moved up the ladder), lecturing jobs etc. these are the positions occupied by our politicians' relations but those Nigeria Civil Defense, police, Teaching positions etc are given to the masses.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by judedwriter(m): 10:18am On Dec 08, 2021
The teacher's rewards are in heaven....

If you are a teacher and you are obsessed with wealth, luxury, comfort, riches, etc. You are in the wrong profession.

It's not to late to have a change of career.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 08, 2021
Fatbam003:
I recently picked up an appointment with Oyo state government as a state secondary school teacher but alas! I was posted to a village in saki .From my house to saki is about 5hrs then from saki to the village is over 1hr on bike . The condition is very unpalatable.. No browsing network, poor light and poor leaving condition . I don't think I can cope again. All means to secure transfer back to Ibadan are abortive as the village is in dire need of teachers .The salary is not even enough to travel 3 times in a month ,my only thought is that it's a govt job but it's a very hard environment and it's very depressing. have some attachments.

For a state permanent job? You need to quit ASAP!!
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by staga: 10:19am On Dec 08, 2021
Fatbam003:
I recently picked up an appointment with Oyo state government as a state secondary school teacher but alas! I was posted to a village in saki .From my house to saki is about 5hrs then from saki to the village is over 1hr on bike . The condition is very unpalatable.. No browsing network, poor light and poor leaving condition . I don't think I can cope again. All means to secure transfer back to Ibadan are abortive as the village is in dire need of teachers .The salary is not even enough to travel 3 times in a month ,my only thought is that it's a govt job but it's a very hard environment and it's very depressing. have some attachments.

Are you a Christian? As in are you filled with the creative power of the Holy Spirit?

You have the power to create a mighty forest out of nothing. You can command that environment to yield unto you its full increase and you can be the agent of change that community needs. You should spend time in prayer and hear what the spirit of God says to do about that environment. You were not posted there by accident.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by paskal16: 10:19am On Dec 08, 2021
Fatbam003:
It's not NYSC.. it's a permanent state government job in Oyo state. Infact NYSC would have been better because I know it's just a year
wahala
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by AfroKnight: 10:19am On Dec 08, 2021
They punished you with this posting. Sorry.

Believe me, you will spend years before any transfer can be made. Resign or work.

If you choose to stay and work, get accommodation in Saki where you have internet connection then start an online small business. It should be Something that you can easily do from your laptop or phone while you endure till you will be transferred.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by alfred007(m): 10:20am On Dec 08, 2021
You'll enjoy it there. Just associate with the villagers.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by lolu2019: 10:20am On Dec 08, 2021
Lordofalmajiri:
abi,that's enough reason for op to stay.before u know it,u will lose interest in the girls and u will enjoy d environment.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by paskal16: 10:21am On Dec 08, 2021
Emily22:

I served at saki East (ago amodu) , others are sepeteri,oje owode, ogboro, and agbonle ...

Ogboro is still manageable, oje owode is not that bad sha, sepeteri is a f*cking village, but u see that ago amodu and agbonle most especially agbonle, just redeploy by all means.

Cuz @ agbonle, you only have 2g to browse,bad electricity, the king will try to make u happy to endure the 1 year suffering...

Anyways, that school uniform looks like that of one Muslim school in ago amodu adjacent Zion school ...

The only thing you will enjoy in this community is food, if you relate well with your students, they will take good care of you. Also no transportation, you will be able to save perfectly.

If you can endure it , it's just a year, I tried to redeploy during my time but I realised you have to drop big raba so since I no even get sure place, I kukuma stayed there and we corpers tried our best to make it fun for ourselves
oboy no be nysc o
Na permanent government job be that
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by judedwriter(m): 10:22am On Dec 08, 2021
staga:

Are you a Christian? As in are you filled with the creative power of the Holy Spirit?

You have the power to create a mighty forest out of nothing. You can command that environment to yield unto you its full increase and you can be the agent of change that community needs. You should spend time in prayer and hear what the spirit of God says to do about that environment. You were not posted there by accident.

Yes, I agree, it's possible. But it isn't as easy as it looks.

But there are levels of faith. It takes a much higher level of faith to decree things to pass in the environment.

Is his faith well built up to do this?

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by lolu2019: 10:22am On Dec 08, 2021
Where is MTN,everywhere u go.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 08, 2021
Bro quit that job! If the government wants teachers they should develop that place and improve the living condition there first.

Those people saying your reward is in heaving abi you no want the reward ni? Go and take the job and collect your own share of the reward. Op use your head oh!

4 Likes

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Quality20(m): 10:24am On Dec 08, 2021
Lordofalmajiri:
it's like u don't like ds guy. He shd go after girls so that the village guys can have a reason to decapitate his head abi!
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Bishop1monte(m): 10:25am On Dec 08, 2021
I will advise you to buy a bike so cost of transportation can reduce. You can pick people on the way to and fro and collect a token to add to your fuel money

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Bakerdav: 10:26am On Dec 08, 2021
B patient ,u will still see d transfer to do
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 08, 2021
irunoko:
exactly.plus that place is infested with Fulani nuisance

Na person wey dey alive dey do NYSC.if you can you can request you do nysc next year.this is completely indecent and unconducive haba.youre a graduate not a beggar.youre there to serve your fathers land so you deserve to be treated with a basic level of consideration and respect.even undergraduate hostel is not this terrible.no go pick disease or be a victim of Fulani nuisance in the name of nysc o

Is not NYSC, it is a government job. Some these jobs are just suffering and smiling.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by MumuYorubaBoy: 10:30am On Dec 08, 2021
Said I've been searching for... for true love,
Gotta keep right on searching till I find.

Perseverance is needed bro.

However you need to be careful. Don't let skull miners mine your head. Mine theirs before they do.

In other news, it's very disappointing that Brownroof villages are looking like this in 2021.

Very painful.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Innocentbaloo: 10:31am On Dec 08, 2021
If you find yourself in that village, look for opportunities in every situation, like cultivating a large farm and be selling farm produce in a large scale.
Look for the need of the villagers and be supplying in, like going to saki or Ibadan to buy thing and be selling.
My 2 cent.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by membranus: 10:32am On Dec 08, 2021
This is a chance for you to get rich in a short time through farming. Saki area has good flat farming lands suitable for cereal and grain crops.

Endure the hardship for some time, cultivate large stretch of land filled with cereals and grains, before long you will not want to leave the place because of your extraordinary income.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:36am On Dec 08, 2021
How long will it take for you to be posted away? If it takes 12hrs to go and come back from the job, why not look for a house that is close to the school? If you calculate the transportation cost, then it's more expensive, so look for a closer accommodation.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Fatbam003: 10:36am On Dec 08, 2021
This is the same school where I met only one permanent teacher and 3 part time teachers from other villages. It takes Grace before the students can spell their names and no it's over 6hrs to Ibadan

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Fatbam003: 10:39am On Dec 08, 2021
Saki remains the manageable nearest town and someone has to travel through forest on bike for almost 2hrs so risking ones life is another problem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Brain Drain Of Teachers In Private Schools: What's The Way Forward? / BREAKING: School Building Collapses In Jos, Several Pupils Feared Dead. / What Course Would You Have Studied Apart From Your Current Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.