Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help (20192 Views)

Adewale Alao posted to Enugu for his NYSC now has a school in Enugu / How A Friend Used Her Best Friend To Teach Her Pupils In Class (Photos) / Microsoft To Support Owura Kwadwo Who Drew Computer On Blackboard To Teach ICT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Redman44(m): 10:43am On Dec 08, 2021
@op, Saki has very fertile land for agriculture. Don't see the place as a bad area. You should be able to secure land to plant cereals especially Sorghum, Maize and Millet. These 3 grain crops can grow on any soil without much water. You can sell the grains at the markets in Ibadan. You can also buy cheap cassava, fruits and vegetables in Saki and adjoining areas and sell in Ibadan. Think deeply. Move your family there and go into agriculture. Does Saki have a Post Office? Cheers.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Immunity04: 10:43am On Dec 08, 2021
This is exactly what NYSC does to some corp members.�
Op try and leave that place o, you're only an employee and not a slave
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by tayooluwole: 10:43am On Dec 08, 2021
DrChukki:
I remember my NYSC days in Kajola LGA Oyo state...

... Anyways, Op, as they used to say, "the reward of the teacher is in heaven"...

... No matter how much we try to deny this fact, it keeps proving itself.

Naturally I'm gifted to teach. I love and enjoy teaching, but now I'm into ecommerce because there's no money in teaching.

My advice to you is this: if your desire is to see destinies of young people changed and to see them have a good future, then go on and work there...

... But if your concern is to make money, then quit teaching and go into business...

... Don't ever make a mistake of ghosting it... Else the effects of the plight of those young poor students will befall you and your children.

It's better you resign as a teacher, than to be collecting salaries without teaching the students... That's a crime to God, humanity and the future.

That's all I can tell you...

Baba where in kajola did you serve and what year

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by TemmyT002(m): 10:45am On Dec 08, 2021
They will take care of you there and you will make money with private tutoring.
Calm down
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by SeriouslySense(m): 10:46am On Dec 08, 2021
shocked shocked shocked, all the best to you.

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 08, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
Your reward is in heaven.

Please those children in the village needs you to educate them and God will bless you.

Secondly be very careful because of skull miners though I can't swear for you if you are not one of them.

Just be careful your people ar ritual killings is like 5&6

Apparently, he isn't from Okija.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by ogododo: 10:49am On Dec 08, 2021
Fatbam003:
I recently picked up an appointment with Oyo state government as a state secondary school teacher but alas! I was posted to a village in saki .From my house to saki is about 5hrs then from saki to the village is over 1hr on bike . The condition is very unpalatable.. No browsing network, poor light and poor leaving condition . I don't think I can cope again. All means to secure transfer back to Ibadan are abortive as the village is in dire need of teachers .The salary is not even enough to travel 3 times in a month ,my only thought is that it's a govt job but it's a very hard environment and it's very depressing. have some attachments.

God go be with you. Do ya best why you dey dere. Ask God to open ya eyes. Ya blessings fit dey de village. Make friends; train dose children well. God bless you.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by 900warriorz: 10:50am On Dec 08, 2021
OP, you see your students? God help you if you get small stature grin

These boys no go think am twice before them beat living daylight comot from your body cheesy

10 Likes

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Danjikanbauchi: 10:52am On Dec 08, 2021
omoolokunEsin:

Apparently, he isn't from Okija.
Okija is heaven compare to Ogun state,where human parts business is their major source of Revenue
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Aimasikonicolas: 10:53am On Dec 08, 2021
It is well
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Ebullient76(m): 10:53am On Dec 08, 2021
Just endure for the moment and make something out of nothing

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Originalsly: 10:54am On Dec 08, 2021
Bro ... didn't you apply for the job? Is it not a government job you been praying for? In your prayers did you mention location? Your prayer has been answered.... accept ... you know it's remote village life ... condition your mind ... make preparations... travel ... man can adapt. The road to your destination is never paved from beginning to end. Look at it as if you want to drive from ehmmmm ..... Aba to Lagos and you're starting out from Aba ....... in the middle of the rainy season. What will you do?
Life is full of experiences ... like the kola nut ... this may be bitter but be good for you in some way. Is on you ... accept the challenge .... or simply refuse.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by steadyMoving22: 10:55am On Dec 08, 2021
look for money for relocation bros terrible environment.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by lomprico(m): 10:56am On Dec 08, 2021
sageb:

Saki East or Saki West?
I opine that you should try and see if the TESCOM can transfer you to Ibarapa East or Oyo Town.
That will be better than Saki

so who will now teach the saki children if he leaves?

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by chicfarmer: 10:57am On Dec 08, 2021
Op, you can discuss with your headmaster/principal to schedule your classes for Monday to Thursday. Travel to school every Monday and stay there till Thursday; return to town same Thursday afternoon after school. That way, you only spend four days a week in the rural area and three days in town. You will also save on transport.

@Redman44's suggestion to take advantage of the area's agricultural potential is also not a bad idea wink. Wish you all the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by joefelin2345: 10:58am On Dec 08, 2021
Fatbam003:
I recently picked up an appointment with Oyo state government as a state secondary school teacher but alas! I was posted to a village in saki .From my house to saki is about 5hrs then from saki to the village is over 1hr on bike . The condition is very unpalatable.. No browsing network, poor light and poor leaving condition . I don't think I can cope again. All means to secure transfer back to Ibadan are abortive as the village is in dire need of teachers .The salary is not even enough to travel 3 times in a month ,my only thought is that it's a govt job but it's a very hard environment and it's very depressing. have some attachments.
Those are the 'Other Nigerians...that I am writing about in my new book. The students are not those Dowen, Atlantic, Hope, Chrisland or other high brow Colleges for the super rich but they also have their story to tell. Take heart brother. My own daughter from Lagos taught in the same type of School in Akwa Ibom State. We are all Nigerians you should know.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by virginchaser(m): 10:59am On Dec 08, 2021
Nothing as good as impacting knowledge into teenagers and watch them become personalities in future.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by justified007: 11:00am On Dec 08, 2021
Fatbam003:
It's not NYSC.. it's a permanent state government job in Oyo state. Infact NYSC would have been better because I know it's just a year

And you said the salary can't take you to the place 3 times in a month ? What kind of work is that ?

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by sageb: 11:08am On Dec 08, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Is that Eruwa or Igboora?

Na Eruwa ooooo
Eruwa is developing gradually due to the presence of the Ibarapa polytechnic.
Igboora? That is the headquater of twin children, let him go there if he needs twins.
I am from the south south zone but I enjoyed my stay there.
Asiwaju ni wa
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Vello(m): 11:08am On Dec 08, 2021
Fatbam003:
Make the best of the situation life throws at you. Never can tell when fortune knocks.
For instance, do you know how cheap food items are in that place especially when compared to the city? I'm a Federal Agency staff and recently visited Igbeti. Was surprised that a module of garri that goes for 350 here in Ibadan sold for 180 per module. It could be lower if purchased in bags. Same goes for yam flour, honey, cassava flour and yam...
My advise to you is:
Establish contact with farmers and agro allied there
Create a market for food items in Ibadan
Be the go-between the producers and the consumers.

Try this for a year before considering resigning

3 Likes

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by don4real18(m): 11:08am On Dec 08, 2021
Lordofalmajiri:
cool All I can see is creamy village pussies waiting for you.... cool cool cool
Any small touch, dem don carry belle. grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Judolisco(m): 11:08am On Dec 08, 2021
Carry d offer give another person Na... Job wey people dey find
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by don4real18(m): 11:09am On Dec 08, 2021
justified007:

And you said the salary can't take you to the place 3 times in a month ? What kind of work is that ?
The job reality in Nigeria
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by HayTerran: 11:13am On Dec 08, 2021
pocohantas:

These ones would appreciate you more than schools in town. You save money, because with time they’ll definitely give you farm produce. It is just one year after all.

Ah. Wahala o. Someone has to so the job anyway. If everyone kees running away, how would the kids in the rural area get educated? He should arrange his own side. The place doesn't look that remote.

Lol, while you are right in your other views, over remote dey actually worry the village.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by micxwell(m): 11:16am On Dec 08, 2021
FriendsAndFans:
Na mumu dey do NYSC grin

Naa Ghost dey reign
Lol cheesy, I mean no disrespect o, but I guess it's either you didn't read the post or you just lack comprehension. This applies to those who liked your post too.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Hier(m): 11:16am On Dec 08, 2021
Yorubas will say, gba kamu, I could remember being posted to a village then in Kebbi. NYSC, I have to trek to the outskirt of the village before I can browse, I just accepted it like that and the fact there were people like me there gave me comfort. At evenings, there was an igbo man that we go to to charge our phones and I would keep calling customer care about the network there, most later, the network improved though, it was those who came after us that shared the testimony, light too was bad, cause some poles fell. That was it oooo. Just follow your mind sha. If you want to stay stay, if na to stay plus processing transfer, good, my own is that, do not leave a job when you know another is not waiting for you. Plus, low cost of living and you get to safe, anytime the pressure is getting much, just come to Saki and take fresh breeze. At least, to keep mind and spirit together. Saki is a more lively place, you can spend weeknds in Saki, you can b lucky enough to see free transport or say its lift they call it. Just enjoy your self, then you can plan to save and yea, gradually, you be using your savings to gather something pending when transfer ma bosi

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by joefelin2345: 11:17am On Dec 08, 2021
BafanaBafana:
Clean the bathroom, get bedsheets for your bed, introduce cleanliness and civilization to the community.
Do they farm there? You can go into massive farming. Farmers are making it big time. Do they have football viewing centre there? Do they have enough machinery for milling grains?
When a Chinese man leaves China (city) to Nigeria (village) he introduces the civilisation that wasn't there before and makes it big time.
Oga stop comparing Nigerians with Chinese in this matter. Chinese can secure soft loans from their country & live well in Nigeria villages even Cities with it. Can such things happen in Nigeria?
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by sageb: 11:18am On Dec 08, 2021
DrChukki:
I remember my NYSC days in Kajola LGA Oyo state...

... Anyways, Op, as they used to say, "the reward of the teacher is in heaven"...

... No matter how much we try to deny this fact, it keeps proving itself.

Naturally I'm gifted to teach. I love and enjoy teaching, but now I'm into ecommerce because there's no money in teaching.

My advice to you is this: if your desire is to see destinies of young people changed and to see them have a good future, then go on and work there...

... But if your concern is to make money, then quit teaching and go into business...

... Don't ever make a mistake of ghosting it... Else the effects of the plight of those young poor students will befall you and your children.

It's better you resign as a teacher, than to be collecting salaries without teaching the students... That's a crime to God, humanity and the future.

That's all I can tell you...

Iseyin camp that year
Nostalgia

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by manuelkel(m): 11:21am On Dec 08, 2021
I remember my mom had this similar issues, she served for almost 21years without savings due to transportation issues. She endured it for long. But when God remembers your effort, He will promote you to headmaster or principal.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by twosquare(m): 11:21am On Dec 08, 2021
See their mouth. It's always easy to stay in the position of the advisor, crossing legs with cold wine, and then say OP should stay there, endure it. If you have not been in his shoes, please shush. There is a reason they're in need of teachers because most won't stay.

Do what is best for you @Fatbam003. Don't let anyone motigbesional you. Find a way to make life comfortable for yourself, but if not, sún. Inú dídùn ni ń móríyá wá.

5 Likes

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Hier(m): 11:21am On Dec 08, 2021
Yea, if you notice anything that you are not pleased with, in your little way, you can work on it. If it's curtain, or just little adjustment, at least, make it a Worthy experience, clean your places up, tushen your environment even if it's your room to a taste
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Champneys: 11:21am On Dec 08, 2021
Fatbam003:

Eeeyaahhh. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Vice Chancellors’ Wives Plan Turkey Trip Amid ASUU Strike / Professor Saheed Aderinto Wins $300,000 History Prize / Brain Drain Of Teachers In Private Schools: What's The Way Forward?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.