Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help (20149 Views)

Adewale Alao posted to Enugu for his NYSC now has a school in Enugu / How A Friend Used Her Best Friend To Teach Her Pupils In Class (Photos) / Microsoft To Support Owura Kwadwo Who Drew Computer On Blackboard To Teach ICT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by computersoft: 12:41pm On Dec 08, 2021
My dear,l will advlse u to save money and buy a cheap moto cycle in other to save cost of transportation. Then try to make ur place of living a bit comfortable.U can buy a small generator,and from there life goes on.Be very friendly to people in ur school and huz including ur pupils and their parents. Bet me u will start enjoying d area. Remember that they will not release u for transfer now because they already know that u will definitely demand for it. but with good relationship,with time it can be granted. May God guard u as u do this.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by DeusMagnus: 12:50pm On Dec 08, 2021
chinchonglee:

Mugu... Person get govt job, you still dey tell am to make hay while the sunshine.

Which of the Afonja gods did your father sacrificed your brain to

Sango, Oduduwa or Orumila?
You call that shit a government job? You call such slavery a government job? Ọgwụgwụ forbids I accept such nonsense as job.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by NaBanga: 12:53pm On Dec 08, 2021
Look for the fattest young lady in the village. Meet her mama and papa. Stay close because these are the ones who will support you during your stay. They will go above and beyond to make sure you are well. Give it six months, then decide if you can tolerate it..
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by UTILITYMAY(m): 12:58pm On Dec 08, 2021
FriendsAndFans:
Na mumu dey do NYSC grin

Naa Ghost dey reign

This is the exact problem when you fail to read.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Feelings79: 12:58pm On Dec 08, 2021
Fatbam003:
I recently picked up an appointment with Oyo state government as a state secondary school teacher but alas! I was posted to a village in saki .From my house to saki is about 5hrs then from saki to the village is over 1hr on bike . The condition is very unpalatable.. No browsing network, poor light and poor leaving condition . I don't think I can cope again. All means to secure transfer back to Ibadan are abortive as the village is in dire need of teachers .The salary is not even enough to travel 3 times in a month ,my only thought is that it's a govt job but it's a very hard environment and it's very depressing. have some attachments.
By now you should begin to appreciate how far more civilized the Europeans who came to introduce formal education to our people were.The likes of Mary Slessor etc.As at the time they berthed here, facilities like electricity and piped water along with motorable roads were generally available in their home countries....think of it and make that sacrifice
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by shogsman(m): 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2021
Fatbam003:
More samples
It could be fun,I was posted to a very remote village just like this during my nysc,I lived abroad and I thought to myself it was going to be hell, but alas it was one of the most happy and beautiful experience I've ever had.the people were like family to me and I didn't even wanna leave eventually.
Just keep your heads up and see how it goes for a couple months

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Newton2024: 1:03pm On Dec 08, 2021
sageb:

Saki East or Saki West?
I opine that you should try and see if the TESCOM can transfer you to Ibarapa East or Oyo Town.
That will be better than Saki
"All means to secure transfer back to Ibadan are abortive as the village is in dire need of teachers."
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Newton2024: 1:05pm On Dec 08, 2021
FriendsAndFans:
Na mumu dey do NYSC grin

Naa Ghost dey reign
"
I recently picked up an appointment with Oyo state government as a state secondary school teacher..."
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Silvernus2020(m): 1:14pm On Dec 08, 2021
TheGift:

Teaching should be done by those who carry it on their head. To be a good teacher is a sacrifice. That’s why it is said that their reward is in heaven.

Oh!, heavenly reward,... smiley
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by LifeSolutionsTV: 1:27pm On Dec 08, 2021
JavaScript90:
Op you said it yourself. The village is in need of teachers. This is a sacrifice you must make. You should have the heart of a teacher and put the interest of your students first

True.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Omoobong1(m): 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2021
Op, I bet you, if you know your way around, there are certain things you wouldn't be paying for like farm produces. And even if you're going to be paying for it, it's going to be very affordable. Secondly, try and find out which network has a better coverage over there so you can get their sim if you don't have one. Try and relocate to the village at least for a year or two. Getting a transfer now is almost impossible.
LifeSolutionsTV:

True.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by highoctane: 2:20pm On Dec 08, 2021
An honorary title awaits for life, Onye Nkuzi.
Could you imagine one of the kids at Saki becoming a president, and he never forgets the impact you made in his life.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by AkhereOkaka(m): 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2021
FriendsAndFans:
Na mumu dey do NYSC grin

Naa Ghost dey reign

Did you read what the op posted

This is a state teaching appointment (job) at the state civil service.

We earn a living by what we get, we earn life by what we give
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by AkhereOkaka(m): 2:30pm On Dec 08, 2021
Fatbam003:
It's not NYSC.. it's a permanent state government job in Oyo state. Infact NYSC would have been better because I know it's just a year

Don't say so, firstly be grateful to good for this opportunity to give back to the society, you may be sitting on a gold mine without knowing.

Note: great things comes from uncomfortable situations.

We rise by lifting others
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by AkhereOkaka(m): 2:32pm On Dec 08, 2021
Healthrelatedjo:
Lol, � na inside village u dey o
Just be friendly with your students and the villagers,that's the only thing that can keep u safe and alive bro.

God bless you, for such advise

We rise by lifting others

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by solonubinho(m): 2:43pm On Dec 08, 2021
So what exactly do you want us to do for you?
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by bet9ja(m): 3:04pm On Dec 08, 2021
It is highly risky to leave in those villages especially this period that the Fulani terrorist are busy clearing villages. I would advise you to quit and keep searching. When there is life, there is hope.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by irunoko(m): 3:20pm On Dec 08, 2021
BiggyB242:

Is not NYSC, it is a government job. Some these jobs are just suffering and smiling.
in my honest opinion it's not worth it.what type of work will strip you off your dignity? Totally not worth it
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by BafanaBafana: 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2021
joefelin2345:
Oga stop comparing Nigerians with Chinese in this matter. Chinese can secure soft loans from their country & live well in Nigeria villages even Cities with it. Can such things happen in Nigeria?
Don't give excuses for failure please
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by FaithBrain1994(m): 3:49pm On Dec 08, 2021
I've received your complain. Next person pls...
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by dajan03: 3:56pm On Dec 08, 2021
Start the job and within that period, try and work your way out of the village. Normally if u dey village u no go see progress for your life. You'll be limited except if you have accepted the village way of life
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 08, 2021
Immunity04:
This is exactly what NYSC does to some corp members.�
Op try and leave that place o, you're only an employee and not a slave
Government job, not NYSC.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by deltateam: 4:54pm On Dec 08, 2021
Richy4:
U Said that they needed school teachers... Yet U don't want to teach those kids...

Haba!! Please have mercy on innocent children whose fault was that they were not born in a civilized society...

Even if it's 11months, please stay there and tell them what the real world looked like...relocate there and visit your family every weekend or fortnightly... God bless you as u considers this option wink

grin You are a comedian.

But seriously if it's a considerate community, op may not even be buying foodstuffs o.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by capricornlady: 4:56pm On Dec 08, 2021
900warriorz:
OP, you see your students? God help you if you get small stature grin

These boys no go think am twice before them beat living daylight comot from your body cheesy
this comment literally embarrassed me cos i laughed out loud in public cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy the truth shaaa cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by deltateam: 5:02pm On Dec 08, 2021
Fatbam003:
More samples

Op please stop casting that village. This may be a blessing in disguise.

They may even marry a wife for you there. Just stay for 1 year, you may love the pecks later.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Richy4(m): 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2021
deltateam:

grin You are a comedian.

But seriously if it's a considerate community, op may not even be buying foodstuffs o.

Honestly I feel bad for OP.. I know it will not be easy for him.. cutting him off from civilization...

The only problem I have with the government is the small paycheck... They should have motivated the teachers with good pay package...So that they have a reason to smile and teach the students effectively..

I knew what I experienced in Bayelsa state when I served there those years....

I mean within that space of one year,11 of us serving in that school literally knew the best spot to get MTN signal, the better spot for Glo..Where u can get three bars or full bar.
Signal... It wasn't funny at all.. it was there I learnt how to search for network..

We don't have signal in our room, we have to hang the phone on our door.. whenever the phone rings, we don't touch it or the signal will disappear... What we usually do is gently put an earpiece, bend over and receive the call... grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by benzion72(m): 7:27pm On Dec 08, 2021
Why not think of the benefit you can get from the village and take of your mind from what you don't have. You are one of the lucky few who got the job. Be a solution provider. If there are young people there start a viewing center,farm. abi today USA is formally European farms
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Mologi(m): 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2021
I stay in saki (west). The village part you were posted to must be saki east. I know a few areas there.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Coolgent(m): 12:08am On Dec 09, 2021
Fatbam003:
I recently picked up an appointment with Oyo state government as a state secondary school teacher but alas! I was posted to a village in saki .From my house to saki is about 5hrs then from saki to the village is over 1hr on bike . The condition is very unpalatable.. No browsing network, poor light and poor leaving condition . I don't think I can cope again. All means to secure transfer back to Ibadan are abortive as the village is in dire need of teachers .The salary is not even enough to travel 3 times in a month ,my only thought is that it's a govt job but it's a very hard environment and it's very depressing. have some attachments.
Talk to the village head or some well meaning members of the society as to what can they do to make living there a bit easier for you.
If they ain't willing to assist then don't spend morethan a year there, find somewhere else
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by LifeSolutionsTV: 1:12am On Dec 09, 2021
Omoobong1:
Op, I bet you, if you know your way around, there are certain things you wouldn't be paying for like farm produces. And even if you're going to be paying for it, it's going to be very affordable. Secondly, try and find out which network has a better coverage over there so you can get their sim if you don't have one. Try and relocate to the village at least for a year or two. Getting a transfer now is almost impossible.

I'm not the OP.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by showafrica(m): 7:37am On Dec 09, 2021
Lordofalmajiri:
cool All I can see is creamy village pussies waiting for you.... cool cool cool

Lol, i tell you, go there, multiply the place and develop it with his spermatozoa and rename the village to his name. If oyibo man come do am now, we go begin complain.
Re: I Have Been Posted To A Remote Village To Teach ..help by Laideabdulahi: 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
Crusadee:
foolish igbo man born of a burst condom, born in a baby factory, I live and work in igbo land worst things like this are everywhere in igbo land plus stinking MKPULUMMIRI smoking youths

Guy take it easy..
I served there too.
I just see lies . Habaa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BREAKING: School Building Collapses In Jos, Several Pupils Feared Dead. / Branches Of Jamb Office To Get Your Change Of Institution/course Form / Yabatech Female Hostel (Bakassi) Is On Fire.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.