Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! (7856 Views)

Is It Your Passion Or You Are Doing This To Just Make A Living? / How To Use Your Talents To Increase Your Productivity / Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Highly Profitable Talents And How They Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Chyma231(m): 6:19pm On Dec 10, 2021
Na mumu dey follow dreams , u better follow that bag to the grave !!!
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Power5000: 6:20pm On Dec 10, 2021
addexx:
Hey guys. Been meaning to ask.

Given the current economic situation globally. Especially of our dear country.

If you had the chance of chosing between achieving your lifelong ambition
or
following a path that leads to plenty money and comfort but you'll probably have to forfeit the other ambition for life.

What would you do?

Ever heard of the starving artist phenomenon. You might have been stuck chasing your dreams to the detriment of your personal welfare in terms of finances and also the amount of time you're losing to this. Should it still be worth chasing?

Or do you still believe so much in your dreams to keep on persevering?

What's the thin line?

Please share your opinions, experiences and life lessons.

Bros I don't know your ambition but mine's to make money
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by seyz91(m): 6:53pm On Dec 10, 2021
cheesy
RapistOnBail:
Mr Man Talk true na yahoo u wan do!
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 7:04pm On Dec 10, 2021
But then, I'm a starving artist.

1 Like

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Rree: 7:53pm On Dec 10, 2021
Bag it up

1 Like

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Rick9(m): 8:06pm On Dec 10, 2021
Follow The Bag First then use the bag to fund and push your talents.
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by ModelLook(m): 8:08pm On Dec 10, 2021
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by arthurwillia(m): 8:12pm On Dec 10, 2021
BlueRadish:
Write articles from home and earn 500,000 Naira

Yes. We seek to hire both new and seasoned content writers

Responsibilities include:

• Writing clear, concise and compelling articles

This opportunity is none like no other and you can work on a flexible schedule even with a 9 - 5 job.

Remuneration - Tier One Writers : 500,000 Naira

Remuneration - Tier One Writers : One Million Naira

To signify your interest, send an SMS or WhatsApp/Telegram message to 0 7 0 5 4 0 1 1 4 5 4

What’s a content writer
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 8:13pm On Dec 10, 2021
Follow the cash flow
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by ModelLook(m): 8:25pm On Dec 10, 2021
addexx:
Hey guys. Been meaning to ask.

Given the current economic situation globally. Especially of our dear country.

If you had the chance of chosing between achieving your lifelong ambition
or
following a path that leads to plenty money and comfort but you'll probably have to forfeit the other ambition for life.

What would you do?

Ever heard of the starving artist phenomenon. You might have been stuck chasing your dreams to the detriment of your personal welfare in terms of finances and also the amount of time you're losing to this. Should it still be worth chasing?

Or do you still believe so much in your dreams to keep on persevering?

What's the thin line?

Please share your opinions, experiences and life lessons.

Na Rich People They Tell Their Pikin "Follow Your Passion" becos there is a Backup plan.

If you be poor man Pikin, nobody go tell you make your follow the bag especially when you don see say that passion no too dey bring money like that.

Enough of the Pidgin....

We have so many passionate individuals in Nigeria who would have followed their passion if the economy of Nigeria was good and conducive for that passion to thrive but sadly they realised it wasn't so they switched for financial sustainability.

On the other hand, so many people are "ENGAGED TO A JOB THEY HATE". Why becos they are not passionate about it but it brings money to them so they are stuck there. Every Monday Morning they wake up, they feel like Crying.

As am writing here, I have so many Passions in Life. But I have looked at the economy of Nigeria and realised that those passions need MONEY to sustain it. Yes dear....PASSION NEEDS MONEY. The sad part is those passions are now begining to fade away.

Someone said when you leave Nigeria, you begin to realise that all your abandoned dreams and things you were once passionate about can finally come true, are achievable and can see the light of day becos their system works.

Nigeria system is not conducive enough for most people's passions and dreams to thrive. That's just the reality. That's why I'm making a huge Career Switch soonest.

A wise man once told me "Get A Solid Stream of Income and make your passion a side hustle. This is not the Western World's".
That message sank in.
And I hope it will sink in to you as well.

So Ponder on this so that one-day you would be able to tell your own Children "Follow Your Passion" becos you already have a Backup Plan (MONEY) that will sustain their passions. My First Paragraph wink

Have a blessed day

3 Likes

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Tommy13131: 8:25pm On Dec 10, 2021
it’s always hard to choose but deep down my mind I choose my talent over anything but I’m still hustling and I’ve decided no matter what I’m gonna go for it � I just have to hustle up to go for it entirely
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by FahBuLous: 8:36pm On Dec 10, 2021
Na this same mindset yahoo boys get....
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by BunmiBie: 9:48pm On Dec 10, 2021
The bag and I will turn it to my passion...

I have always have passion for teaching, so I attended college of education before proceeding to Uni for my B.Ed.
After NYSC, the highest paying teaching job I could get was paying me 35k.

As a babe now, that wants a better life for myself and kids I have made up my mind to go back to school to study nursing.
I love the profession before but I didn't have passion for it.
However, I am already training my mind to turn nursing to my passion.
So help me God. Amen

Please, don't quote me in order to talk me out of my plan.
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by yak(m): 9:54pm On Dec 10, 2021
I will secure the bag as long as it's legal. Then, I will use the bag to fund my passion.
My passion is very costly
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Damisam93(m): 10:24pm On Dec 10, 2021
VOsimhen144:
Mkkiujjgehyij vs Barcelona

Thursday

Time: 6:55pm

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Donclique(m): 10:55pm On Dec 10, 2021
VOsimhen144:
Mkkiujjgehyij vs Barcelona

Thursday

Time: 6:55pm
Commerade take it easy with us �����

1 Like

Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Mwanamume(m): 4:26am On Dec 11, 2021
It's not as easy as most make it sound.It depends on your level of passion for that thing Using my self as a case study,I have always been passionate about being a professional Goalkeeper but during my NYSC days,I was given ICPC(Independent Corrupt practice and other related offences Commission) and I was only permitted by my place of primary assignment for only one day of the week for that reason though I wanted Sports CDS cos it relates to my passion..Ling story short..I successfully transited from ICPC to sports after a long period but it was worth the wait.. I will be practical and advise u to balance both like in my story.. Passion should be higher but the bag should be by the side cos u need 'food' to stay focused on the passion.Let not your heart be troubled.. Remember,never let go of your passion,you don't want to have that akward feeling of looking back years after on some life changing decisions you wished u had taken.God bless you
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by tee4naija(m): 5:06am On Dec 11, 2021
Follow the bag and you may end up perpetually chasing the bag. But, follow your passion and see the bag chasing you.
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by freeborn02: 5:33am On Dec 11, 2021
BlueRadish:
Write articles from home and earn 500,000 Naira

Yes. We seek to hire both new and seasoned content writers

Responsibilities include:

• Writing clear, concise and compelling articles

This opportunity is none like no other and you can work on a flexible schedule even with a 9 - 5 job.

Remuneration - Tier One Writers : 500,000 Naira

Remuneration - Tier One Writers : One Million Naira

To signify your interest, send an SMS or WhatsApp/Telegram message to 0 7 0 5 4 0 1 1 4 5 4

The way you use multiple monickers indicate that you are a scammer
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by remitarich(f): 10:52am On Dec 11, 2021
Go through the history of successful talented people , definitely there is '' perseverance''
Talent and passion pays alot of bags, check out men that made it.
Chinua Achebe, He had passion and he pursued his passion definitely he must have came across obstacles and difficulties but he never stepped down and bags and bags has been made from his passion, not alive today but he left legacy that is been honored till date. Billgate also followed his passion and dreams, he must have went through the narrow road of failures and bad economic during his struggle days but he persisted now he has bags upon bags even after life will still be remember for his passion, generations and generations. we also have singers, actors and so on and so forth who do have ugly stories to tell.....
The question is if u eventually exchange ur talent and passion and go for the offered bag and made nice house at that moment, how long will it last? one ought to ask that self question.....
My point is i gat to persevere cause its gonna fetch me bags not''bag''
all it need is courage and believe with God that strengthens us.
Before taking decision, got thing with the right sense.
# YOUR TALENT AND PASSION HAS ALOT TO OFFER#
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Hyfer(m): 11:25am On Dec 11, 2021
My talent and passion is the bag
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by Mkingz(m): 9:02pm On Dec 11, 2021
Follow the bag. Follow the smart money or you’ll forever be on the sidelines.
Re: Discussion: Follow Your Talents And Passion Or Follow The Bag?!!! by addexx: 5:00pm On Feb 17, 2022
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Institute Of Professional Managers And Administrators Of Nigeria Real Or Not / Myths And Reality About Being A Manager / What Is The Hope Of Nigerians With Our Government Trade Test Certificate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.