Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. (1598 Views)

Tinubu Wins All The Local Governments In Ogun / Abiola Ajimobi Loses Four Of Four Announced Local Governments In Oyo South / Atiku Wins In 10 Local Governments In Ondo (Official Results) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Ofodirinwa: 9:20pm On Dec 08, 2021
Bayelsa LGA Languages

Brass (Abureni Majority)
Abureni; Southeast Ijo; Ogbia; Kugbo

Ekeremor (Ijaw Majority)
Izon

Kolokuma Opokuma (Ijaw Majority)
Izon

Nembe (Abureni Majority)
Abureni; Southeast Ijo. Izon (Ijaw)

Ogbia (Obia Majority)
Abureni; Southeast Ijo; Odual; Ogbia; Oruma

Sagbama (Biseni Majority - Ijaw Related but separate language)
Biseni; Isoko; Izon; Ogbah; Okodia; Urhobo

Southern Ijaw (Ijaw Majority)
Southeast Ijo; Izon

Yenagoa (Engene/Epie Majority)
Engenni; Epie; Izon; Ekpeye

Source Wikipedia.org

4 Likes

Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Ofodirinwa: 9:29pm On Dec 08, 2021
These are the Egene people (Now spelled Egeni) who share majority status in the Bayelsa state capital with the Epie people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdKwrVk82Mk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 08, 2021
Igbos make up the rest, right?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Igboid: 11:25pm On Dec 08, 2021
Ijaw is a fraudulent Political franchise.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by horsepower102: 11:43pm On Dec 08, 2021
Igboid:

Honestly. These ijaw people are just evil once you sit back at think of every plan and actions that they have been carrying out over the years.

3 Likes

Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Ofodirinwa: 1:24am On Dec 09, 2021
Kabongo1:

Some but most are their own ethnic groups

1 Like

Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Nobody: 6:06am On Dec 09, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

Some but most are their own ethnic groups
So what's your issue with that? Am curious...

Did they say other groups aren't in the state?

Can you show your source of data?
Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 09, 2021
Ofodirinwa:
[s]Bayelsa LGA Languages

Brass (Abureni Majority)

Ekeremor (Ijaw Majority)
Izon

Izon

Nembe (Abureni Majority)

Ogbia (Obia Majority)

Southeast Ijo; Izon

Source Wikipedia.org[/s]

Is this the reason why Igbos are unleashing terror in Imo state.

It is clear most people from Imo are mentally unstable.

Always obsessed with others and how they do their thing. No wonder the state looks like dump site.

Because the citizens are chasing imaginary shadows.

1 Like

Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 09, 2021
Kabongo1:

Overlook the obsessed and bitter animal.

Umu uchu ( fools) that goes about attacking others in their peace horizon.

I wonder if to be in Biafra na by force.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 09, 2021
horsepower102:

Honestly. [b]These ijaw people are just evil [/b]once you sit back at think of every plan and actions that they have been carrying out over the years.

Mynd44
Seun

Rule 3 violated.
Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by ThumbzTNA(m): 8:45am On Dec 09, 2021
As small as Bayelsa is, Ijaw cant even be the only tribe there. Puny little piece of shvt tribe. I call them the minority of minorities

1 Like

Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Ofodirinwa: 6:15pm On Dec 09, 2021
Kabongo1:

So what's your issue with that? Am curious...

Did they say other groups aren't in the state?

Can you show your source of data?

no issue at all. What's your issue?
Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Ofodirinwa: 6:23pm On Dec 09, 2021
ThumbzTNA:
As small as Bayelsa is, Ijaw cant even be the only tribe there. Puny little piece of shvt tribe. I call them the minority of minorities

I have evidence to prove that even Jonathan is Igbo. Most Igbo leaders were aware of this but the part of Bayelsa he's from is 100% Igbo and other Bayelsans call them Igbo. The Ebele in his name was not a result of his father being an unknown Igbo man (which also makes him Igbo). Its also his mother's language. If you understand this you'll understand why the SE voted for GEJ more than the SS.

Unless someone can tell you the meaning of Jonathan's village OTUOKE in 'Ijaw'

This is a video of a coronation in Otuoke, Ogbia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0UCzPyTvYE

2 Likes

Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Igboid: 6:27pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

I have evidence to prove that even Jonathan is Igbo. Most Igbo leaders were aware of this but the part of Bayelsa he's from is 100% Igbo and other Bayelsans call them Igbo. The Ebele in his name was not a result of his father being an unknown Igbo man (which also makes him Igbo). Its also his mother's language. If you understand this you'll understand why the SE voted for GEJ more than the SS.

Unless someone can tell you the meaning of Jonathan's village OTUOKE in 'Ijaw'

This is a video of a coronation in Otuoke, Ogbia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0UCzPyTvYE

Please Ogbia is not Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Ofodirinwa: 6:31pm On Dec 09, 2021
Igboid:

Please Ogbia is not Igbo.

Ok lol
Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Igboid: 6:40pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

Ok lol

That father Christmas like type of cap is what Ibibiod and Igboid people share in common, anywhere you see that cap down south, note that there is an Ibibiod or Igboid speakers/influence there.

Ogbia speak an Ibibiod language. So you can now appreciate that cap well and stop mistaking it for them being remotely Igboid.

4 Likes

Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Ofodirinwa: 6:45pm On Dec 09, 2021
Igboid:

That father Christmas like type of cap is what u Ibibiod and Igboid people share in common, anywhere you see that cap down south, note that there is an Ibibiod or Igboid speakers/influence there.

Ogbia speak an Ibibiod language. So you can now appreciate that cap well and stop mistaking it for them being remotely Igboid.

The big issue with Nigerians and these types of conversations is they don't know geography. What is the connection between Ibibio and this geographical area (Ogbia) I'm referencing? What is the meaning of Ogbia in 'Ibibiod'?

Did you know that you can walk from Ogbia (pronounced Obia btw) to Igboland (proper)? Or do you think Nigerian state boarders were made by God?
And have you ever told an Ibibio man he's Ijaw? lol Ibibio that is 4x the size of Ijaw.
Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by meccuno: 7:06pm On Dec 09, 2021
[s]
MelesZenawi:

Is this the reason why Igbos are unleashing terror in Imo state.

It is clear most people from Imo are mentally unstable.

Always obsessed with others and how they do their thing. No wonder the state looks like dump site.

Because the citizens are chasing imaginary shadows.
[/s]how does this even make any sense

3 Likes

Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by tutudesz: 8:31pm On Dec 09, 2021
Igboid:
A BBB member spotted undecided undecided running round Nairaland looking for anything In awhile to comment
Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Igboid: 10:15pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

The big issue with Nigerians and these types of conversations is they don't know geography. What is the connection between Ibibio and this geographical area (Ogbia) I'm referencing? What is the meaning of Ogbia in 'Ibibiod'?

Did you know that you can walk from Ogbia (pronounced Obia btw) to Igboland (proper)? Or do you think Nigerian state boarders were made by God?
And have you ever told an Ibibio man he's Ijaw? lol Ibibio that is 4x the size of Ijaw.

Ogbia language is an Ibibiod language (Cross River) language.

The link is obvious!

Andoni(Ibibiod) to Abureni (Bayelsa) to Ogbia.

2 Likes

Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Kinematics: 10:32pm On Dec 09, 2021
Op you are wrong. Igbos make up 70% of Bayelsa...

1 Like

Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
Are this people(Igbos) for real grin
Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Ofodirinwa: 10:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
Igboid:

Ogbia language is an Ibibiod language (Cross River) language.

The link is obvious!

Andoni(Ibibiod) to Abureni (Bayelsa) to Ogbia.

Haha, why not swedish? Show evidence
Also, what are you saying by posting that wiki pic lol
Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Igboid: 11:13pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

Haha, why not swedish? Show evidence
Also, what are you saying by posting that wiki pic lol

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.rogerblench.info/Language/Niger-Congo/BC/Cross%2520River/Central%2520Delta/Agholo%2520Ogbia%2520grammar%2520web%2520edition.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwit64fa3Nf0AhXDxqQKHbi_B3gQFnoECC4QAQ&usg=AOvVaw0AvgAXXXiCOoxF6kG6JG3L

Here is list of Ogbia words.
How is it Igbo?

I can see few Igbo loan words like Ónu for Mouth, Akpa for Bag, Ilu for proverb.
But that's just all there is about.
Everything else is divergent.
The number system and names of basic things.

You have to be like Ijaw expansionists to claim that Ogbia is Igbo, because that language I'm seeing there is by no means Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by ThinkSmarter: 12:24am On Dec 10, 2021
I think Op is sounding biased.
He wants to ridicule Ijaw with this post.
Where is the Wikipedia source.
To the best of my knowledge.
Apart from Yenegoa and Ogbia LGAs made of Epie/Attisa and Ogbia ethnic group respectively.
The rest are Ijaws, even though there still exist many other subgroups of Ijaw dialects like the Nembe where Timipre Sylva, the former governor and current minister of State for petroleum hails from and Brass
Note Goodluck Jonathan is an Ogbia man by tribe, though all of them adopted Ijaw being the majority and politically most influential for Sociopolitical consolidation.
Ijaw also have Bomadi and Patani LGAs in Delta state.
Note that Dipreye Alamiyeseigha was Ijaw while his deputy Goodluck Jonathan was Ogbia, a minority.
I have listened to Epie people speak, the language have the "vwe" sound similar to the language of Isoko, Urhobo, Bini, Edo, Esan and Tiv people.
A times the name of the the author of the New School Chemistry from Ghana Osei Yaw Ababio sounds like Ijaw name, don't know why
Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Igboid: 12:44am On Dec 10, 2021
ThinkSmarter:
Apart from Yenegoa and Ogbia LGAs made of Epie/Attisa and Ogbia ethnic group respectively.
The rest are Ijaws, even though there still exist many other subgroups of Ijaw dialects like the Nembe where Timipre Sylva, the former governor and current minister of State for petroleum hails from and Brass
Note Goodluck Jonathan is an Ogbia man by tribe, though all of them adopted Ijaw being the majority and politically most influential for Sociopolitical consolidation.
Note that Dipreye Alamiyeseigha was Ijaw while his deputy Goodluck Jonathan was Ogbia, a minority.
I have listened to Epie people speak, the language have the "vwe" sound similar to the language of Isoko, Urhobo, Bini, Edo, Esan and Tiv people.
A times the name of the the author of the New School Chemistry from Ghana Osei Yaw Ababio sounds like Ijaw name, don't know why

No one is ridiculing anyone.
Abureni is not Ijaw and they are in Brass LGA.

Biseni is a mixture of Ndoni and Ijaw. Language is Ijoid, but with non Ijaw flavor because of the Igbo component there.
Many Biseni people bear Ndoni (Igboid) names.

2 Likes

Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by dasparrow: 12:58am On Dec 10, 2021
Igboid:

How so?
Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by dasparrow: 1:01am On Dec 10, 2021
Ofodirinwa:
Bayelsa LGA Languages

Brass (Abureni Majority)

Ekeremor (Ijaw Majority)
Izon

Izon

Nembe (Abureni Majority)

Ogbia (Obia Majority)

Southeast Ijo; Izon

Source Wikipedia.org

Thanks for educating us. I personally don't know much about Bayelsa but we are all here to learn. At least I am.

1 Like

Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by dasparrow: 1:01am On Dec 10, 2021
horsepower102:

Honestly. These ijaw people are just evil once you sit back at think of every plan and actions that they have been carrying out over the years.

How so?
Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by dasparrow: 1:07am On Dec 10, 2021
ThumbzTNA:

Na wa o! The tribalism on Nairaland and amongst many Nigerians is real. Why do you despise them so? undecided
Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Ofodirinwa: 6:55am On Dec 10, 2021
ThinkSmarter:

Ijaw is a minority as well
Re: Of The 8 Local Governments In Bayelsa, Ijaw Are Majority In 3, Minority In 5. by Ofodirinwa: 6:57am On Dec 10, 2021
Igboid:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.rogerblench.info/Language/Niger-Congo/BC/Cross%2520River/Central%2520Delta/Agholo%2520Ogbia%2520grammar%2520web%2520edition.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwit64fa3Nf0AhXDxqQKHbi_B3gQFnoECC4QAQ&usg=AOvVaw0AvgAXXXiCOoxF6kG6JG3L

Here is list of Ogbia words.
How is it Igbo?

I can see few Igbo loan words like Ónu for Mouth, Akpa for Bag, Ilu for proverb.
But that's just all there is about.
Everything else is divergent.
The number system and names of basic things.

You have to be like Ijaw expansionists to claim that Ogbia is Igbo, because that language I'm seeing there is by no means Igbo.
Ogbia - Igbo
ạlikir ‘thin’ = ntakiri
ạnwaní ‘girls’ = nwananyi
ẹgiazi ‘spoon’ = Ngaji
obodo ‘road’ = Obodo (Country)
igo ‘eagle’ = Ugo
ẹgí ‘journey’ = Ije
éri ‘thread’ = Eri
ạkpa = Akpa
ọnu (mouth) = onu
inweni (mothers) + nwunye (wife)
Ogbo (age group) = Ogbo (age group)
Okpe (law suits) = Ikpe (Legal trail)
Ikuku (Wind) = Ikuku (Wind)
Ilom (Marriage) = Ilu'm (Marry)

This is from glancing at the document you sent me. You can argue with your own evidence. If i sat down and really went through it, you will see what everyone can see.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Tambuwal Gives Condition That Can Make A Southerner Become Nigeria’s Next / Between Seun Osewa And David Hundeyin On Twitter / IPOB Is Now Sitting At Home Out Of Shame.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.