Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why (33615 Views)

Caption This Moment Of President Buhari & Tinubu In Lagos Today (pics) / As Anambra Clocks 28 Years Today, See Aerial View Of State Capital, Awka (Photo) / PDP Campaign Rally: Footage Of Thugs Harassing Road Users In Lagos Today Emerges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by JustStupidity: 5:41am On Dec 09, 2021
I don't care to know because it's none of my fvcking business
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by LordGuru1: 5:41am On Dec 09, 2021
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Person2person(m): 5:41am On Dec 09, 2021
Ok
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Antoeni(m): 5:41am On Dec 09, 2021
His Coming to Lagos Will Cause Serious Traffic and Different Road Blocking
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by naptu2: 5:41am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
It's there and you actually owe the OP an apology. Here's the quote below sir:

President Muhammadu Buhari will, on Thursday, attend the public presentation of ‘My Participations’, the autobiography of Bisi Akande, former interim chairman of the APC.

The event will take place at the Eko Hotels and Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos state.

According to a statement by Tunde Rahman, media aide of Bola Tinubu, Buhari is the special guest of honour at the event; Babajide Sanwo-Olu, governor of Lagos, is the chief host, while Tinubu, national leader of APC, is the guest of honour.

I think you wanted to quote the person that I responded to.
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by cpu2006(m): 5:43am On Dec 09, 2021
Ok
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by A001: 5:44am On Dec 09, 2021
In his foreword on the book, Wole Soyinka, Nobel laureate, described the autobiography as “a national gift that could not have been more instructively timed”.

“There are books whose very handling must be done with heavily insulated gloves since, virtually every page sizzles with contradictions between attestable reality and impudent claims, attempts to cover past crimes and dodge responsibilities,” Soyinka said.

This is the most interesting part of the report to me.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Decryptor(m): 5:48am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Baba Akande, one of the most frugal and disciplined public administrators Nigeria has.

I remember his first few days as Osun state Governor and he saw the budget for food for the Governor's House, he screamed and asked who are the people eating the meals that cost millions? He said they should bring out how his meal of two wraps of Pounded yam, efo riro and palm wine everyday could add up to millions, they couldn't answer him so he demanded that it should be scrapped and since it's just him and his family, he will feed them from his salary.

He is a thoroughbred accountant , highly disciplined, full of wisdom and like late Chief Bola Ige, has ready made scathing words for anyone who misbehaves. He has been in public service since 1977 yet still relevant till today without any stain on his credibility. He is one of the political fathers of Asiwaju Tinubu.
Happy birthday to you Pa Akande. May God bless your new age.

As far as he is aligned to APC, he is no different from how I see them all: COMMON THIEVES!!

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by FreeStuffsNG: 5:48am On Dec 09, 2021
naptu2:

I think you wanted to quote the person that I responded to.
Hahaha...You are absolutely right. I am sorry.
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:49am On Dec 09, 2021
Ok.

Tell him to buy bread when coming
And to also visit that man he said can't determine zoning.
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by lifenajeje(m): 5:49am On Dec 09, 2021
Oh today wey I win commot traffic go full everywhere
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Nobody: 5:50am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

O ga o, it's this kind of question that makes Mr Femi Adeshina always mock some of you in his writings. It makes a mockery of what opposition should be. We can demand more but not suggest that we don't know what we are doing in Lagos after overwhelmingly voting for him twice.

Are you really from Lagos? If you are not truly from Lagos, I can excuse you ,you won't ask" of what use has his Presidency done for Lagos " or what APC at FG has done for Lagos. Is it the airport or the train or the Oshodi Apapa expressway or the Abeokuta expressway from Oshodi to Ikeja downwards or the blue rail CBN just released N45billion out of N60 billion to fund so that the project won't be an abandoned project or is it the positioning of Lagos to be the next state to produce the President?

These are the many reasons why Lagosians keep voting APC despite all attempts by the PDP.

Even non political animals that have business to doing VI will be affected by the road closures.

Even people like you that are in the APC will also be affected, this is like the hardship Nigerians are passing through, it doesn't discriminate based on political party affiliation. Am sure you also buy petrol for 162 up from 87.

Everybody complaining is now opposition, funny people full everywhere.

Let's toast to the best Nigerian president as he comes to lagos.

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by FreeStuffsNG: 5:53am On Dec 09, 2021
A001:
In his foreword on the book, Wole Soyinka, Nobel laureate, described the autobiography as “a national gift that could not have been more instructively timed”.

“There are books whose very handling must be done with heavily insulated gloves since, virtually every page sizzles with contradictions between attestable reality and impudent claims, attempts to cover past crimes and dodge responsibilities,” Soyinka said.

This is the most interesting part of the report to me.
@ the bolded, Prof wasn't referring to Pa Akande's autobiography o. He was referring to other books and the experience he has had with some of such books.
Here's the complimentary way he described Pa Akande's book:

a national gift that could not have been more instructively timed”.

Prof Wole Soyinka's kind of communication requires careful attention to the details in the words for you to comprehend.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by athaboi(f): 5:58am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Please which of the infrastructures are pathetic to you? Please don't be offended, I just want to know ni since you are not a Nigerian.
It seems there is a new meaning to pathetic in your dictionary so I want to learn , unlearn and learn .
Lagos is 99.9% kept by the private sector..from ikoyi to lekki to Victoria island! What is light rail? Where's the good government hospital in Lagos? Where's is the good secondary school in Lagos? Water are being provided by individuals at their homes...the other day I was at gbagada general hospital, very dirty place. Is all this mumu mumu project you are calling that has nothing to do with human beings. You are talking about the airport... Jesus, what airport?? The MM airport?? Please keep quiet abeg

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by FreeStuffsNG: 6:01am On Dec 09, 2021
Kabongo1:

Even non political animals that have business to doing VI will be affected by the road closures.

Even people like you that are in the APC will also be affected, this is like the hardship Nigerians are passing through, it doesn't discriminate based on political party affiliation. Am sure you also buy petrol for 162 up from 87.

Hahaha.... Are you really really sure you are saying that the President who came here to Lagos to solicit for votes should never visit Lagos until the next election because I don't understand the issue. The last time he was in Lagos, I didn't see any unusual traffic worse than the ones we face on some days when we keep wondering what is going on after spending 3-4 hours on trips that should ordinarily take 20 minutes.
If you see how long hours it sometimes take to drive from the Island through TMB to the airport on some days or the hectic traffic around Parkview for over a week during the Ikoyi property collapse,you will realise that Lagos State can't afford to be reckless with traffic management whether PMB comes on visiting or not. .
Please go out to your work today, there is a travel advisory and except you are around Eko Hotel, you may not even experience any traffic.
It's a new day, be positive. Not everyone hates President Muhammadu Buhari sir wink

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Nobody: 6:13am On Dec 09, 2021
majamajic:
No credit to the Anambra navy guy that personally built this navy boat ?

They said built by Nigeria navy !

Yes built by Nigerian navy. Last I checked anambra is in Nigeria. If you don’t like it, go hug transformer.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by FreeStuffsNG: 6:15am On Dec 09, 2021
athaboi:
Lagos is 99.9% kept by the private sector..from ikoyi to lekki to Victoria island! What is light rail? Where's the good government hospital in Lagos? Where's is the good secondary school in Lagos? Water are being provided by individuals at their homes...the other day I was at gbagada general hospital, very dirty place. Is all this mumu mumu project you are calling that has nothing to do with human beings. You are talking about the airport... Jesus, what airport?? The MM airport?? Please keep quiet abeg
No vex , you are obviously an outsider to Lagos . I wanted to tell you about the true wealth of Lagos but I realize there's no point educating you on who owns Lagos since you already gave 99.9% to those you fancy wink
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by adecz: 6:17am On Dec 09, 2021
❌❌The governor who had a running
battle with his deputy Omishore & they
never saw eye to eye throughout ❗️❗️

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by hope4nigeria(m): 6:19am On Dec 09, 2021
expertman:
To do what
to go and die

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by NGpatriot: 6:21am On Dec 09, 2021
Kabongo1:

In other words, the president must not visit Lagos or any part of Nigeria outside Abuja because of inconvenience or who will be affected, eve his safety and security sef no matter.

You people no dey shame to post rubbish with no sense? You carry hatred and bitterness to the next level.

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by sonofElElyon: 6:23am On Dec 09, 2021
Dont cause traffic gridlock please... I beg of you
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by hope4nigeria(m): 6:26am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Baba Akande, one of the most frugal and disciplined public administrators Nigeria has.

I remember his first few days as Osun state Governor and he saw the budget for food for the Governor's House, he screamed and asked who are the people eating the meals that cost millions? He said they should bring out how his meal of two wraps of Pounded yam, efo riro and palm wine everyday could add up to millions, they couldn't answer him so he demanded that it should be scrapped and since it's just him and his family, he will feed them from his salary.

He is a thoroughbred accountant , highly disciplined, full of wisdom and like late Chief Bola Ige, has ready made scathing words for anyone who misbehaves. He has been in public service since 1977 yet still relevant till today without any stain on his credibility. He is one of the political fathers of Asiwaju Tinubu.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.
was that the reason why OSUN people threw him out after one term?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by DWJOBScom(m): 6:35am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

I also hold the same view about him as a disciplined Administrator and wished he got a second term as Governor of Osun State to the set of thieves that took over
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by FreeStuffsNG: 6:35am On Dec 09, 2021
hope4nigeria:
was that the reason why OSUN people threw him out after one term?
It was largely rigging and their political miscalculation campaigning for PDP'S President Obasanjo after they fell for the antic of Pa Obasanjo. Only Asiwaju Tinubu survived it because he withdrew from the agreement the then AD governors had with Obj. It wasn't long before Osun returned back to his party largely because of him and his performance in office. HE Aregbesola was Lagos based yet defeated the incumbent but rigged out again by the PDP rigging machines. The case dragged for years until HE Aregbe was lucky to got back his stolen mandate using the MTN call records of the PDP lawyer. Osun people still remember him as one who built a lot and still left a lot of funds in office.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by DWJOBScom(m): 6:39am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Please which of the infrastructures are pathetic to you? Please don't be offended, I just want to know ni since you are not a Nigerian.
It seems there is a new meaning to pathetic in your dictionary so I want to learn , unlearn and learn .

You are a Gentleman
Don't let kids bother you abeg
You have written well till you got to the last line of repositioning Lagos to produce the next President and that's where I started wondering the direction sir.
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Abujason: 6:40am On Dec 09, 2021
Wetin concern me.
I dey my village Iragbiji dey wait for Tinubu
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by yahmohy27: 6:44am On Dec 09, 2021
naptu2:
I've had to go down Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island at least once a month in the past 4 years and I have been shocked at the condition of the road. It was riddled with potholes and I was surprised that such an important road, which leads to Eko Atlantic City, the NTA, Silverbird Galleria, Naval Dockyard and other important facilities, could be left to deteriorate in such a shocking manner.

The Federal Ministry of Works moved to the site in 2019 and they have completely reconstructed the road from the Eko Hotel junction to Marina. I believe that President Buhari will commission it during his visit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpKjScRY6H8

Always ply this road, .well constructed and it's a double lane

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Didi2d(m): 6:45am On Dec 09, 2021
Bisi Akande is one of my favorite political personalities. Always smiling, na so him face be sha

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Difference between Igbo cities and Yoruba cities in development Photos / Adeyeye Hails Osinbajo’s Quiet Exit From Office / Bandits Kill 24-Year-Old Man And Other Farmers On The Kaduna-Abuja Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.