Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why (33613 Views)

Caption This Moment Of President Buhari & Tinubu In Lagos Today (pics) / As Anambra Clocks 28 Years Today, See Aerial View Of State Capital, Awka (Photo) / PDP Campaign Rally: Footage Of Thugs Harassing Road Users In Lagos Today Emerges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by FreeStuffsNG: 8:00am On Dec 09, 2021
kponkedenge:

You're really asking a Nigerian whether he's from Lagos?

As if Lagos doesn't belong to all Nigerians. Some of you on this forum can't go a day without even hiding your tribal bias.
Lagos does not belong to all Nigerians but all Nigerians can be stakeholders in Lagos.

There are folks here who have never stepped foot in Lagos, it doesn't make him or her less Nigerian but can't claim to own Lagos.
You can own Lagos by your lineage just like you have in your state. Lagos has its own indigenes like your own state too wink

That's why I can't come to your state to just claim ownership because I am a Nigerian, your state belongs to you indigenes of your state but we your Nigerian compatriots who are non-indigenes can be stakeholders in your state but that doesn't mean your state belongs to us.
We can't have different rules for each state,it's not fair. Each state of the federation belongs to a set of people and that is enshrined in our constitution and used for federal character in appointments.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by nick50(m): 8:02am On Dec 09, 2021
45 people where murdered in sokoto the ediot didn't show face ,a house collapsed n killed 35 in ikoyi lagos still d ediot no show face but here he is rushing to lagos to launch a bunch of lies by his fellow thieves...indeed African leaders are cursed
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Bastard1stborn: 8:05am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

O ga o, it's this kind of question that makes Mr Femi Adeshina always mock some of you in his writings. It makes a mockery of what opposition should be. We can demand more but not suggest that we don't know what we are doing in Lagos after overwhelmingly voting for him twice.

Are you really from Lagos? If you are not truly from Lagos, I can excuse you ,you won't ask" of what use has his Presidency done for Lagos " or what APC at FG has done for Lagos. Is it the airport or the train or the Oshodi Apapa expressway or the Abeokuta expressway from Oshodi to Ikeja downwards or the blue rail CBN just released N45billion out of N60 billion to fund so that the project won't be an abandoned project or is it the positioning of Lagos to be the next state to produce the President?

These are the many reasons why Lagosians keep voting APC despite all attempts by the PDP.

Your points is political and anything political is two faced and bias
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Bastard1stborn: 8:06am On Dec 09, 2021
Bastard1stborn:

Your points is political and anything political is two faced and bias

Sorryy. 100 faces

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Bastard1stborn: 8:08am On Dec 09, 2021
kponkedenge:

As if Lagos doesn't belong to all Nigerians. Some of you on this forum can't go a day without even hiding your tribal bias.

You like trouble. Monkeys should visit you and take your pot of soup. I want to see how troublesome you are
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by uuzba(m): 8:18am On Dec 09, 2021
kponkedenge:

I think we should divide Nigerians into 2. Tribalistic and detribalised Nigerians.
Too much trouble arises whenever both camps meet. And they always meet with friction.
In theory, all Nigerians should be detribalised.
That's the topic of this guys' talk here on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYq0fxnpjp0&t=28s
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 09, 2021
When Baba Bisi Akande become Osun state Gorvenor public teachers beging to buy car and build Houses before Aregbe started owe salary of 2-3 years which someone like Aketi is copy today
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by A001: 8:28am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

@ the bolded, Prof wasn't referring to Pa Akande's autobiography o. He was referring to other books and the experience he has had with some of such books.
Here's the complimentary way he described Pa Akande's book:

a national gift that could not have been more instructively timed”.

Prof Wole Soyinka's kind of communication requires careful attention to the details in the words for you to comprehend.
Your interpretation is wrong. He was referring to the book indirectly.

If not, he wouldn't have said the highlighted part of the post you quoted at all in the foreword.

But being an APC zombie, you can believe whatever you want.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by chrisvic007: 8:31am On Dec 09, 2021
signature2012:
He will be in Lagos to cause unnecessary traffic.
Of what use has his presidency be to Lagosians?

Well meaning Nigerians should ignore this comment. Na dem o.

*the Jubril el sudano gang
* the #lekkilies proponents
* the no lefelendum, no erection gang
*the biafla or death crew

........ most importantly, one of the economic refugees in the south west who attacked Lagos last October in an attempt to bring Lagos to the level of Umauhia.
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by geesilver(m): 8:33am On Dec 09, 2021
Nice one

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by VEHINTOLAR: 8:40am On Dec 09, 2021
Eko o ni baje o !
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by chrisvic007: 8:41am On Dec 09, 2021
Bastard1stborn:

You like trouble. Monkeys should visit you and take your pot of soup. I want to see how troublesome you are

Do you mean the monkeys in the afhhanistern who are reported to he stealing pots if soup? They won't try that rubbish on Lagos because that would be instant death.
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by tollyboy5(m): 8:44am On Dec 09, 2021
athaboi:
hahahahaha
See reasons... you go fear na! Fantastically pathetic Nigerians
So buhari should not honor bisi akande? undecided
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by tollyboy5(m): 8:47am On Dec 09, 2021
A001:

If not, he wouldn't have said the highlighted part of the post you quoted at all in the foreword.

He wasn't refering to the book young man. I remember Soyinka criticize obasanjo book
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Pootle: 8:47am On Dec 09, 2021
wished someone could jus snipo him agalashikov angry
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by FreeStuffsNG: 8:49am On Dec 09, 2021
A001:

You are not teachable. No vex, sebi Baba Akande wrote "books" ,not a book, your own understanding of "gift" is a negative word and you think Prof is a coward who speaks from both sides of the mouth and idle to the extent that he will work on those kinds of books he described in unsavoury words.

If you want to grow, please take time off social media and read. If you want to understand Prof Wole Soyinka's style, read his books. Simple. I would have ignored you for your rudeness but I reckon your response is from a genuine lack of understanding.
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by A001: 8:51am On Dec 09, 2021
tollyboy5:

He wasn't refering to the book young man. I remember Soyinka criticize obasanjo book
He was.

What he said in the below the excerpt applies to almost all books written by or about Nigerian politicians.

And by the time you read the book, don't be surprised to find "contradictions between attestable reality and impudent claims, attempts to cover past crimes and dodge responsibilities," as the nobel laureate avers.

It's what you would expect in any book written about any Nigerian politician as all our leaders have a skeleton in their cupboard.

“There are books whose very handling must be done with heavily insulated gloves since, virtually every page sizzles with contradictions between attestable reality and impudent claims, attempts to cover past crimes and dodge responsibilities,” Soyinka said.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by A001: 8:53am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

You are not teachable. No vex, sebi Baba Akande wrote "books" ,not a book, your own understanding of "gift" is a negative word and you think Prof is a coward who speaks from both sides of the mouth and idle to the extent that he will work on those kinds of books he described in unsavoury words.

If you want to grow, please take time off social media and read. If you want to understand Prof Wole Soyinka's style, read his books. Simple. I would have ignored you for your rudeness but I reckon your response is from a genuine lack of understanding.
APC zombie, you need to take your own advice and learn to read things critically.

Before you even dreamt of starting your in career in zombiesm, I had read a number of Wole Soyinka's books.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by tollyboy5(m): 8:56am On Dec 09, 2021
onuman:

You seem to be glad that Federal government takes charge of reconstruction of streets in states. Why is Nigeria dubiously called a federation?

Who profits from absence of true and fiscal federalism in Nigeria?
Anything that benefits Lagos is a welcome development. Lagos also construct federal road.
Thats why we have better road compare to Ogun state that abandon federal road
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by labi1977(m): 8:56am On Dec 09, 2021
Nice one

bmc's earning their pay all over this thread grin
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by tollyboy5(m): 8:57am On Dec 09, 2021
A001:

APC zombie, you need to take your own advice and learn to read things critically.

Before you even dreamt of starting your in career in zombiesm, I had read a number of Wole Soyinka's books.
Don't call people zombie, I guess you have a point. He might be indirectly referring to the books.

All this politicians are no saint tho. But some are better than the others
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by FreeStuffsNG: 9:02am On Dec 09, 2021
A001:

[s]APC zombie, you need to take your own advice and learn to read things critically.

Before you even dreamt of starting your in career in zombiesm, I had read a number of Wole Soyinka's books[/s].
No one can have a decent and meaningful debate with you. Please stay in your familiar zone of idle jesters, uncouth reckless exchanges and tribal bashers here on Nairaland. I will no longer respond to you.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Hottdawgg: 9:03am On Dec 09, 2021
Yoruba leaders blinded always by ego and vain glory. He writes a book and proceeds to bring in a man who has done more than any other leader in Nigerian history to remove Yorubas from Federal Govt/ it's agencies and indeed undermine the entire tribe within the Nigerian project.
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by A001: 9:05am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

No one can have a decent and meaningful debate with you. Please stay in your familiar zone of idle jesters, uncouth reckless exchanges and tribal bashers here on Nairaland. I will no longer respond to you.
Why did you quote me in the first place? Don't ever quote me on this forum to spew your parochial political tripe.
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 09, 2021
athaboi:
hahahahaha
See reasons... you go fear na! Fantastically pathetic Nigerians
You're so disgusting.

OBJ and GEJ didn't do 10% of what GMB have done for Lagosians in terms of infrastructure.
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

This guys are so disgusting.

GEJ and OBJ didn't do up to 10% of what GMB have done in Lagos in terms of infrastructure.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by caracas: 9:09am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

O ga o, it's this kind of question that makes Mr Femi Adeshina always mock some of you in his writings. It makes a mockery of what opposition should be. We can demand more but not suggest that we don't know what we are doing in Lagos after overwhelmingly voting for him twice.

Are you really from Lagos? If you are not truly from Lagos, I can excuse you ,you won't ask" of what use has his Presidency done for Lagos " or what APC at FG has done for Lagos. Is it the airport or the train or the Oshodi Apapa expressway or the Abeokuta expressway from Oshodi to Ikeja downwards or the blue rail CBN just released N45billion out of N60 billion to fund so that the project won't be an abandoned project or is it the positioning of Lagos to be the next state to produce the President?

These are the many reasons why Lagosians keep voting APC despite all attempts by the PDP.
Trash
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by caracas: 9:13am On Dec 09, 2021
chrisvic007:

Well meaning Nigerians should ignore this comment. Na dem o.

*the Jubril el sudano gang
* the #lekkilies proponents
* the no lefelendum, no erection gang
*the biafla or death crew

........ most importantly, one of the economic refugees in the south west who attacked Lagos last October in an attempt to bring Lagos to the level of Umauhia.
Your reasoning is clearly backward n insignificantly insignificant......
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by caracas: 9:21am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Lagos does not belong to all Nigerians but all Nigerians can be stakeholders in Lagos.

There are folks here who have never stepped foot in Lagos, it doesn't make him or her less Nigerian but can't claim to own Lagos.
You can own Lagos by your lineage just like you have in your state. Lagos has its own indigenes like your own state too wink

That's why I can't come to your state to just claim ownership because I am a Nigerian, your state belongs to you indigenes of your state but we your Nigerian compatriots who are non-indigenes can be stakeholders in your state but that doesn't mean your state belongs to us.
We can't have different rules for each state,it's not fair. Each state of the federation belongs to a set of people and that is enshrined in our constitution and used for federal character in appointments.
Wrong....
You don't own a property, simply because your fore fathers owned it,if your fore father's have sold their property the way Yoruba's sold Lagos to ndigbos you have no right to come n say you own such property....
Properties could be acquired by inheritance but also by monetary compensations......
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by FreeStuffsNG: 9:32am On Dec 09, 2021
caracas:

Wrong....
You don't own a property, simply because your fore fathers owned it,if your fore father's have sold their property the way Yoruba's sold Lagos to ndigbos you have no right to come n say you own such property....
Properties could be acquired by inheritance but also by monetary compensations......

You have not answered why your own state belongs to Indigenes of your state and not non-indigenes but Lagos belongs to non indigenes. I will refrain from dragging the Igbo race into it out of respect.

If I do that, it will be unfair and akin to blaming the whole Igbo race for the terrorist activities of the IPOB terrorists who burnt down Lagos. I like to deal and stick with the issues not use one brush to paint a stereotype.

So if it is you or your family that bought a property in Lagos, you have the right to property as a Nigerian but guess what, you still don't own the land. The C of O that we issue in Lagos has an expiry date. We may choose not to renew it and it can be acquired by the state in public interest.
Please this is not to diminish the contributions of every stakeholder in Lagos. We want more Nigerians to come and invest in Lagos wink
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by onuman: 9:51am On Dec 09, 2021
naptu2:

I have no time for all these silly and stupid arguments that people bring up during election season. What the hell is, "You seem to be glad"?? Can you show me where I said that I was glad? What kind of nonsense is this.

Read it again, slowly this time, and maybe you'll understand what I wrote.
Then it’s only you that understand what you wrote.

Learn to Communicate well when you write to be published for the public, or avoid publishing all together.
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by expertman(m): 9:59am On Dec 09, 2021
But wait oooo don't u think a whole lot of people will be so happy if what u posted come to pass?

hope4nigeria:
but wait oh, if what I posted come to pass, then people will now start calling me prophet of doom!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Difference between Igbo cities and Yoruba cities in development Photos / Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension / Edo: I Can’t Escape Blame For APC Loss – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.