Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,033 members, 7,828,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why (33616 Views)

Caption This Moment Of President Buhari & Tinubu In Lagos Today (pics) / As Anambra Clocks 28 Years Today, See Aerial View Of State Capital, Awka (Photo) / PDP Campaign Rally: Footage Of Thugs Harassing Road Users In Lagos Today Emerges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by hope4nigeria(m): 6:45am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
It was largely rigging and their political miscalculation campaigning for PDP'S President Obasanjo after they fell for the antic of Pa Obasanjo. Only Asiwaju Tinubu survived it because he withdrew from the agreement the then AD governors had with Obj. It wasn't long before Osun returned back to his party largely because of him and his performance in office. HE Aregbesola was Lagos based yet defeated the incumbent but rigged out again by the PDP rigging machines. The case dragged for years until HE Aregbe was lucky to got back his stolen mandate using the MTN call records of the PDP lawyer. Osun people still remember him as one who built a lot and still left a lot of funds in office.
all politicians are thesame, don't be decieved, if you too are a politician in Nigeria, you are also a 419 no doubt about that
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by onuman: 6:46am On Dec 09, 2021
naptu2:

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-buhari-to-be-in-lagos-on-thursday-for-bisi-akandes-book-launch

According to TVC News, guests are expected to be seated by 8:30am.

Prof. Wole Soyinka first killed the book which President Buhari is going to sit at its launching.
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by ElValiente(m): 6:48am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Baba Akande, one of the most frugal and disciplined public administrators Nigeria has.

I remember his first few days as Osun state Governor and he saw the budget for food for the Governor's House, he screamed and asked who are the people eating the meals that cost millions? He said they should bring out how his meal of two wraps of Pounded yam, efo riro and palm wine everyday could add up to millions, they couldn't answer him so he demanded that it should be scrapped and since it's just him and his family, he will feed them from his salary.

He is a thoroughbred accountant , highly disciplined, full of wisdom and like late Chief Bola Ige, has ready made scathing words for anyone who misbehaves. He has been in public service since 1977 yet still relevant till today without any stain on his credibility. He is one of the political fathers of Asiwaju Tinubu.
Happy birthday to you Pa Akande. May God bless your new age.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.
I met him while I was studying in his home town. ola Orangun. Great man. Humble and filled with wisdom.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Babastrong(m): 6:51am On Dec 09, 2021
Aye ayapa sibe yan loni ( the venue will surely be filled by men and women of power)
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 09, 2021
majamajic:
No credit to the Anambra navy guy that personally built this navy boat ?

They said built by Nigeria navy !

Lol... Which one bi "Anambra Navy guy" again? grin grin
When did we start "adding" states to the Nigeria Navy?

Don't be silly young man!!

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by onuman: 6:59am On Dec 09, 2021
naptu2:
I've had to go down Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island at least once a month in the past 4 years and I have been shocked at the condition of the road. It was riddled with potholes and I was surprised that such an important road, which leads to Eko Atlantic City, the NTA, Silverbird Galleria, Naval Dockyard and other important facilities, could be left to deteriorate in such a shocking manner.

The Federal Ministry of Works moved to the site in 2019 and they have completely reconstructed the road from the Eko Hotel junction all the way to Marina. I believe that President Buhari will commission it during his visit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpKjScRY6H8

You seem to be glad that Federal government takes charge of reconstruction of streets in states. Why is Nigeria dubiously called a federation?

Who profits from absence of true and fiscal federalism in Nigeria?
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by expertman(m): 7:00am On Dec 09, 2021
Lol we both on same page oooo.
Baba u too wicked

hope4nigeria:
to go and die
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by FreeStuffsNG: 7:01am On Dec 09, 2021
hope4nigeria:
all politicians are thesame, don't be decieved, if you too are a politician in Nigeria, you are also a 419 no doubt about that
If you point one finger at anyone, just remember that the remaining 4 fingers are pointing back at you. Godliness with contentment is great gain,even Pa Akande who is a Muslim live by that creed more than some of the religious leaders .

Sir, not everyone is a thief and not everyone is from background where parents are thieves. That Pa Akande's frugality is legendary and you don't know because you are young .

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by athaboi(f): 7:03am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

No vex , you are obviously an outsider to Lagos . I wanted to tell you about the true wealth of Lagos but I realize there's no point educating you on who owns Lagos since you already gave 99.9% to those you fancy wink
tell those who owns Lagos that is not private individual and cooperate organizations? Go ahead and tell me your government infrastructure that is not the dilapidated roads... please educate me
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by majamajic(m): 7:04am On Dec 09, 2021
pineed:

Lol... Which one bi "Anambra Navy guy" again? grin grin
When did we start "adding" states to the Nigeria Navy?

Don't be silly young man!!

He deserve some ink , he did it almost single handedly
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Kobicove(m): 7:09am On Dec 09, 2021
The traffic on Lagos roads today will be excruciating angry
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Emir01: 7:11am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Please which of the infrastructures are pathetic to you? Please don't be offended, I just want to know ni since you are not a Nigerian.
It seems there is a new meaning to pathetic in your dictionary so I want to learn , unlearn and learn .

Lagos Ibadan express way is pathetic to him or the so called reconstruction of Ahmadu bello way. Some Nigerians are funny and pathetic in nature
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by aminusodiq(m): 7:12am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Baba Akande, one of the most frugal and disciplined public administrators Nigeria has.

I remember his first few days as Osun state Governor and he saw the budget for food for the Governor's House, he screamed and asked who are the people eating the meals that cost millions? He said they should bring out how his meal of two wraps of Pounded yam, efo riro and palm wine everyday could add up to millions, they couldn't answer him so he demanded that it should be scrapped and since it's just him and his family, he will feed them from his salary.

He is a thoroughbred accountant , highly disciplined, full of wisdom and like late Chief Bola Ige, has ready made scathing words for anyone who misbehaves. He has been in public service since 1977 yet still relevant till today without any stain on his credibility. He is one of the political fathers of Asiwaju Tinubu.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.
and you skipped the part where he sacked workers.... Oyinlola is the best Osun state governor till date.
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Emir01: 7:13am On Dec 09, 2021
Antoeni:
His Coming to Lagos Will Cause Serious Traffic and Different Road Blocking

You can block him from coming since you have right that He doesn't have.
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by funshint(m): 7:14am On Dec 09, 2021
Akande that sacked a lot of workers especially teachers during his tenure. History never forgets!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by naptu2: 7:14am On Dec 09, 2021
onuman:

You seem to be glad that Federal government takes charge of reconstruction of streets in states. Why is Nigeria dubiously called a federation?

Who profits from absence of true and fiscal federalism in Nigeria?

I have no time for all these silly and stupid arguments that people bring up during election season. What the hell is, "You seem to be glad"?? Can you show me where I said that I was glad? What kind of nonsense is this.

Read it again, slowly this time, and maybe you'll understand what I wrote.

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Gaabasky: 7:18am On Dec 09, 2021
Akande is one of the discipline, high breed n well groomed grassroot politicians in Nigeria.

But I was expecting Osun state to celebrate him not Lagos though he is one of Tinubu god fathers agreed.
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by hope4nigeria(m): 7:22am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
If you point one finger at anyone, just remember that the remaining 4 fingers are pointing back at you. Godliness with contentment is great gain,even Pa Akande who is a Muslim live by that creed more than some of the religious leaders .

Sir, not everyone is a thief and not everyone is from background where parents are thieves. That Pa Akande's frugality is legendary and you don't know because you are young .
Oga, forget that thing. If you are a politician or a pastor in present day Nigeria, you are not just a thief, you are also armed rubber

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by sofiscatedmoron: 7:22am On Dec 09, 2021
That means sufferness and heavy traffic for road users today

If u don have anything doing outside better stay indoors or sleep in ur office today

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Judolisco(m): 7:23am On Dec 09, 2021
Buhari should also visit ojodu berger
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by ccollins(m): 7:25am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

then why is it that his mentee who is tinubu is always indicted for various corruption probes concerning financial misappropriation and funsho Williams who was a political rival and a contestant was said to have been assassinated just before the governorship election in 2003

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by hope4nigeria(m): 7:26am On Dec 09, 2021
expertman:
Lol we both on same page oooo.
Baba u too wicked

but wait oh, if what I posted come to pass, then people will now start calling me prophet of doom!
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Brushstrokes20: 7:29am On Dec 09, 2021
The vegetable should sit his dumb ass down in Abuja rather than come add to the traffic imbroglio in lagos undecided.... ENOUGH OF NONSENSE undecided
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Kaiser20: 7:30am On Dec 09, 2021
expertman:
To do what
Nothing to do, just bored
Buhari is already on retirement in Aso rock.
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Gkemz: 7:32am On Dec 09, 2021
signature2012:
He will be in Lagos to cause unnecessary traffic.
Of what use has his presidency be to Lagosians?

Our politicians have been causing pain and discomfort for the helpless citizens from time immemorial.
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Alimot20: 7:37am On Dec 09, 2021
This man just like to fly everywhere
Someone should help me with the data
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by FreeStuffsNG: 7:39am On Dec 09, 2021
athaboi:
tell those who owns Lagos that is not private individual and cooperate organizations? Go ahead and tell me your government infrastructure that is not the dilapidated roads... please educate me
It's a new day, don't bother about Lagos. Lagos is in the hands of busy serious minded people. Worry more about your own state so it can one day compete with the top 5 economies by GDP in Africa wink
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by kponkedenge(m): 7:44am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

O ga o, it's this kind of question that makes Mr Femi Adeshina always mock some of you in his writings. It makes a mockery of what opposition should be. We can demand more but not suggest that we don't know what we are doing in Lagos after overwhelmingly voting for him twice.

Are you really from Lagos? If you are not truly from Lagos, I can excuse you ,you won't ask" of what use has his Presidency done for Lagos " or what APC at FG has done for Lagos. Is it the airport or the train or the Oshodi Apapa expressway or the Abeokuta expressway from Oshodi to Ikeja downwards or the blue rail CBN just released N45billion out of N60 billion to fund so that the project won't be an abandoned project or is it the positioning of Lagos to be the next state to produce the President?

These are the many reasons why Lagosians keep voting APC despite all attempts by the PDP.

You're really asking a Nigerian whether he's from Lagos?

As if Lagos doesn't belong to all Nigerians. Some of you on this forum can't go a day without even hiding your tribal bias.
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by 77up(m): 7:53am On Dec 09, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

O ga o, it's this kind of question that makes Mr Femi Adeshina always mock some of you in his writings. It makes a mockery of what opposition should be. We can demand more but not suggest that we don't know what we are doing in Lagos after overwhelmingly voting for him twice.

Are you really from Lagos? If you are not truly from Lagos, I can excuse you ,you won't ask" of what use has his Presidency done for Lagos " or what APC at FG has done for Lagos. Is it the airport or the train or the Oshodi Apapa expressway or the Abeokuta expressway from Oshodi to Ikeja downwards or the blue rail CBN just released N45billion out of N60 billion to fund so that the project won't be an abandoned project or is it the positioning of Lagos to be the next state to produce the President?

These are the many reasons why Lagosians keep voting APC despite all attempts by the PDP.
You dey mind those lunatic wailers.
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 09, 2021
It's obvious that he is using the opportunity to have a meeting with Tinubu to sing Tetuila song... Tinubu you don hit my car, oyibo repete
Re: President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why by Putindbutt: 7:59am On Dec 09, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adeyeye Hails Osinbajo’s Quiet Exit From Office / Bandits Kill 24-Year-Old Man And Other Farmers On The Kaduna-Abuja Expressway / Operation Get Your PVC: Alaba International Market Shutting Down 9th June 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.