Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! (20272 Views)

IPPIS: Why Some Lecturers Are Getting N6000 Salary – Accountant General / 80% Of University Lecturers Are Quacks - Shehu Chindo Yamusa / "Schooling In The UK Made Me Realise How Different Nigerian Lecturers Are" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by ImoleNaija: 10:47am On Dec 09, 2021
Better than having none from Nigeria.

More power to their elbows.
Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by Thryphosa(m): 10:47am On Dec 09, 2021
Nice one
Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by Arelyn: 10:49am On Dec 09, 2021
Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by lapazi(m): 10:49am On Dec 09, 2021
othermen:
Congratulations to the ones mentioned. We are a remarkable people and would do even more if the necessary infrastructure and support exists.

The criteria for this recognition is publishing in top journals, but many of the top journals requires not just an evidence of competence or relevance in your work or study or research, they also want money… so you pay to get published in many of the remarkable journals.

In the most cited universities in the Stanford study, or generally top universities worldwide, the university has a fund set aside for helping researchers publish in the high end journals, all the researchers has to bother on really is the actual study—/ , this is not so in Nigeria federal universities, some of the Nigeria based scholars you see, listed, paid the money out of their very limited resources to sponsor the research in the absence of a grant, they paid out of their meagre resources to publish the paper in an high end journal.

And this speaks to the passion of our academia in the country. There could be a lot more, if universities provide the necessary resources or were provided the necessary resources. And so if a private university, say covenant university recognizes rightly that publication in high end journals, relevant researches is the way to becoming an Ivy League contender, they put the resources to it, attract the best minds from our public universities, giving them the right incentives and they are up there. This is already ongoing, and it has been at the cost of quality to our federal universities.

ASUU is hoping to address it, but while they can get the government to commit, they can’t force the hand of the government to act beyond such commitment.

Again, we have to put our academics in a decent pedal, and pay them not necessarily what is obtainable everywhere better than our universities, but create a system that aids the visibility of their research outputs.

So I know we could do much more, I think we are not doing close to our capability in our universities or research institutions, I think the reason is because survival is the foremost need of most of the employees in such institutions; you cannot afford a decent neighbourhood, you cannot afford a creche for your child based on your salary, you have a non existent laboratory and yet they do remarkable studies, with the facilities they have...but between survival and the cost of publishing in high end journals, Maslow says rightly that survival is foremost.

You can access the study here: https://elsevier.digitalcommonsdata.com/datasets/btchxktzyw/3

However, I did a break down…

So there is the list that is based on authors career and about 186, 178 names are listed

Using Excel, I probed the data a little further. 162 countries are listed.

While the USA has 75,899 individuals listed, the UK has 17, 237 listed, Australia has 6369, Canada has 8127, China has 6943, Germany has 9986, France has 5912 listed, India has 2042, Japan has 7362,

In Africa, South Africa has 669 names listed, Egypt has 327 names, Nigeria has only 73 names listed which represents less than 0.04% globally.

In Nigeria, 12 are from UI, 8 from UNN, 6 from Covenant, 5 from FUTA, IITA has 4, ABU has 3 names respectively…no other university in Nigeria has above 3 names. Harvard University alone has about 1717 researchers listed.

while there is another list based on authors output just for the year 2020 and about 190, 064 names are listed. Again, using excel, I probed the data a little further.

About 165 countries were listed.

Australia has 7140 names, China has 16,604 names, Canada has 7478 names, Germany has 9434 names, France has 5272 names, UK has 15,843 names, Italy has 6126 names, Japan has 5416 names, the USA has 66,233 names listed, South Africa has 752 names listed, while Nigeria has 121 names listed which is about 0.064% globally.

In Nigeria, 17 are from UI, 8 from Covenant university, also 8 from UNN, 6 from FUTA, 5 from OAU, 4 from Landmark University, 4 from Unilag…no other university in Nigeria has up to 4 names listed. Harvard University has about 1763 names listed.

I like what you have done here, well done sir

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by SmartPolician: 10:50am On Dec 09, 2021
They should have mentioned what they did because the last time I checked, Nigeria is still a shithole.
Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by omowolewa: 10:51am On Dec 09, 2021
2% isn't bad
Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by stayclearofme: 10:53am On Dec 09, 2021
GorillaApp:
Nothing widespread there! Just two tribes dominating that list
Now what has tribe got to do with this? Don't you people get tired of this tribalism of a thing? Why are people so stupid?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by Fiscus105(m): 10:57am On Dec 09, 2021
Apart from health sciences, 95% naija science and technology lecturers are nothing but theory, and on many occasions, the theories are copy editing and paste .
Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by mayourimages(m): 10:57am On Dec 09, 2021
sinkhole:
For those who will always talk that Nigerian lecturers/scientists do nothing but demand for money, below is the list just released by Stanford University.
These are Lecturers/Scientists, who with nothing, still make Nigeria great.

World Top 2% Scientist in 2021
(The Nigeria Extract)

Just released by Stanford University USA

_(Nigeria is not doing that bad)_

Gureje Oya
(U.I)

Olajire AA
(Lautech)

Olusanya Bolajoko
(Centre of Health Start Initiative)

Oguzie Emeka E
(FUTOweri)

Oboh Ganiyu
(FUTAkure)

Ezugwu Emmanuel O
(Air force institute of Technology)

Owolabi Mayowa
(College of Medicine, U.I)

Animashaun I.L
(FUTAkure)

Farombi Ebenezer

Lawal Olayide S.
(Federal University, Oye Ekiti)

Alaneme Kenneth Kanayo
(FUTAkure)

Ukwaja, Kingsley N.
(Alex Ekwueme Fed Uni Teach Hosp )

Uneke Chigozie Jesse
(Eboyin State Uni )

Lawal, AbdulAzeez
(Fountain University)

Yusuf Abdullah
(Federal University Dutse)

Akinyele Daniel
(Bells University)

Sulaiman Tukur A.

Ademuyiwa Abiodun
(Lagos State University)

Rafindaadi Abdulkadir A.
(Usman Danfodiyo University)

Orisakwe Irish E.
(University of Porthacourt)

Bello Olugbenga Solomon
(Lautech)

Oladoja Nurudeen A.
(Adekunle Ajasin University)

Luiselli Luca
(River State Uni of Sci & Tech)

Ozili Peterson K.
(C.B.N)

Adefegha Stephen A.
(FUTAkure)

Oyedepo Sunday O.
(Convenant University)

Loto Rowland
(Convenant University)

Okeke Iruka N
(U.I)

Loto Cleophas
(Convenant University)

Eddy Nnabuk Okon
(UNNsuka)

Taiwo Adewale M.
(FUNAABeokuta)

Igbinosa Etinosa
(University of Benin)

Olasunkanmi Lukman O.
(O.A.U ile-ife)

Nathaniel Solomon P.
(UNILAG)

Ameh Emmanuel
(National Hospital Abuja)

Lateef Agbaje
(Lautech)

Onwejekwe Obinna
(UNNsuka)

Ayodele Temitope R.
(U.I)

Adebowale Kayode O.
(U.I)

Ademiluyi Adedayo O
(FUTAkure)

Iwegbue Chukwujindu .M
(Delta State University)

Chidume Charles
(Africa Uni of Sci & Tech)

Osinubi Kolawole
(ABU Zaria)

Atadashi I. M
(Adamawa State University)

Salisu Afees A.
(U.I)

Habib AbdulRazak G.
(Bayero Uni Kano)

Abarikwu S. O

Jha Basant K.
(ABU Zaria)

Erejuwa Omotayo O
(Eboyin State University)

Olagunju Andrew T.
(Unilag)

Ibem Eziyi
(UNNsuka)

Faleye Babatunde James
(Fed Uni Lafia)

Strebelle Sebastien
(Chevron � Nig ltd)

Obi-Egbedi Nelson O
(U.I)

Sobamowo Gbeminiyi
(Unilag)

Adegbola Richard
(Nig Inst of Medical Research)

Okonofua Friday
(University of Benin)

Adaramoye Oluwatosin
(U.I)

Dahunsi Samuel O.
(Landmark University)

Misra Sanjay
(Convenant University)

Adesanya S.O
(Redeemer University)

Njoku Victor O.
(Imo state university)

Awoyera Paul
(Convenant University)

Aigbodion Victor
(UNNsuka)

Menkir Abebe
(Int inst of Tropical Agric - IITA)

Betiku Eriola
(O.A.U ile-ife)

Unuabonah Emmanuel
(Redeemer University)

Osabuohien Evans
(Convenant University)

Nwafor O.M.I
(FUTOweri)

Ogunjuyigbe A.S.O
(U.I)

Ajiboye T.O
(Nile University)

Ikot A.N
(Uni of Porthacourt)

Okoye C.M
(UNNsuka)

Folayan Morenike O
(O.A.U ile-ife)

Adewunmi Adebayo O
(O.A.U ile-ife)

Lawal Akeem O
(FUTAkure)

Okafor Peter
(Uni of Calabar)

Illesanmi Olayinka
(U.C.H - Ibadan)

Ajayi O.O
(Convenant University)

Bandyopadhyay Ranajit
(IITA )

Adedara Isaac
(College of Medicine - U.I)

Aliyu Aliyu

Egbueri Johnbosco
(C O Ojukwu University)

Ozoegwu Chigbogu
(UNNsuka)

Adeneye Adejuwo
(Lagos State University)

Oyewunmi K.J
(Unilorin)

Iwu Maurice
(Bio resources Dev Group)

Osanaiye O.A
(Nile University)

Fawole Olufumilayo
(U.I)

Adepoju Paul
(Science Journal)

Fayomi O.S.I
(Convenant University)

Mohammed Shafiu
(ABU Zaria)

Ogoina Dimie
(Nig Delta Uni Teach Hosp)

Dikio Ezekiel
(Niger Delta University)

Ezema Fabian
(UNNsuka)

Oyagbemi A. A
(U.I)

Elemike Elias
(Fed Uni of Petrol Reso Efurun)

Tomori oyewale
(Redeemer university)

Welcome Menizibeya
(Nile University)

Badu-Apraku Baffour
(IITA)

Yakubu Musa
(Unilorin)

Adedapo Adeolu
(U.I)

Ighodaro O.M
(Lead City university)

Anorlu R.I
(Unilag)

Ogunlesi Tinuade
(OOU - Ago iwoye)

Onate C.A
(Landmark University)

Imam Mustapha

Sofowora Abayomi
(O.A.U ile-ife)

Senbanjo idowu
(Lagos State University)

Adeyemi Oluyomi S.
(Landmark University)

Meremikwu Martin
(University of Calabar)

Owolabi Taoreed O.

Osuntokun B.O
(UCH - Ibadan)

Idumah Christopher igwe
(Nnamdi Azikiwe Uni)

Fadare J.O
(Ekiti State University)

Salawu S.O
(Landmark University)

The wide spread of scientists across the country is commendable

Congratulations to them all
Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by jrusky(m): 10:58am On Dec 09, 2021
Bro what are you talking about? I don't know of scientist you are talking about but majority of those lecturers in our uni are f u c k I n g lazy bitch, wicked and extremely useless.

Nonsense!!!
Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by JaceBlaze: 10:59am On Dec 09, 2021
othermen:
Congratulations to the ones mentioned. We are a remarkable people and would do even more if the necessary infrastructure and support exists.

The criteria for this recognition is publishing in top journals, but many of the top journals requires not just an evidence of competence or relevance in your work or study or research, they also want money… so you pay to get published in many of the remarkable journals.

In the most cited universities in the Stanford study, or generally top universities worldwide, the university has a fund set aside for helping researchers publish in the high end journals, all the researchers has to bother on really is the actual study—/ , this is not so in Nigeria federal universities, some of the Nigeria based scholars you see, listed, paid the money out of their very limited resources to sponsor the research in the absence of a grant, they paid out of their meagre resources to publish the paper in an high end journal.

And this speaks to the passion of our academia in the country. There could be a lot more, if universities provide the necessary resources or were provided the necessary resources. And so if a private university, say covenant university recognizes rightly that publication in high end journals, relevant researches is the way to becoming an Ivy League contender, they put the resources to it, attract the best minds from our public universities, giving them the right incentives and they are up there. This is already ongoing, and it has been at the cost of quality to our federal universities.

ASUU is hoping to address it, but while they can get the government to commit, they can’t force the hand of the government to act beyond such commitment.

Again, we have to put our academics in a decent pedal, and pay them not necessarily what is obtainable everywhere better than our universities, but create a system that aids the visibility of their research outputs.

So I know we could do much more, I think we are not doing close to our capability in our universities or research institutions, I think the reason is because survival is the foremost need of most of the employees in such institutions; you cannot afford a decent neighbourhood, you cannot afford a creche for your child based on your salary, you have a non existent laboratory and yet they do remarkable studies, with the facilities they have...but between survival and the cost of publishing in high end journals, Maslow says rightly that survival is foremost.

You can access the study here: https://elsevier.digitalcommonsdata.com/datasets/btchxktzyw/3

So there is the list that is based on authors career and about 186, 178 names are listed

While the USA has 75,899 individuals listed, the UK has 17, 237 listed, Australia has 6369, Canada has 8127, China has 6943, Germany has 9986, France has 5912 listed, India has 2042, Japan has 7362,

In Africa, South Africa has 669 names listed, Egypt has 327 names, Nigeria has only 73 names listed which represents less than 0.04% globally.

In Nigeria, 12 are from UI, 8 from UNN, 6 from Covenant, 5 from FUTA, IITA has 4, ABU has 3 names respectively…no other university in Nigeria has above 3 names. Harvard University alone has about 1717 researchers listed.

while there is another list based on authors output just for the year 2020 and about 190, 064 names are listed. Again, using excel, I probed the data a little further.

Australia has 7140 names, China has 16,604 names, Canada has 7478 names, Germany has 9434 names, France has 5272 names, UK has 15,843 names, Italy has 6126 names, Japan has 5416 names, the USA has 66,233 names listed, South Africa has 752 names listed, while Nigeria has 121 names listed which is about 0.064% globally.

In Nigeria, 17 are from UI, 8 from Covenant university, also 8 from UNN, 6 from FUTA, 5 from OAU, 4 from Landmark University, 4 from Unilag…no other university in Nigeria has up to 4 names listed. Harvard University has about 1763 names listed.

Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by sinkhole: 11:03am On Dec 09, 2021
othermen:

thump's up. Welldone
Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 09, 2021
GonzalezAguero:

Wetin una dey gain if you dey bring tribe into everything..hope say no be like this you dey real life oo?

Don't mind him. As if education is by quota system. If you cannot study, maybe the FG should give you a free certificate because of your tribe...
Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by toffyz(m): 11:06am On Dec 09, 2021
UI no dey carry last

The first and the best

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by ChiefS(m): 11:06am On Dec 09, 2021
You expect them to do it with their meagre salaries. An aN -XRAY machine alone costs $5,000. You want those whose salaries are less than $500 monthly to invent X-ray machines from their pockets.

okeyumez:
There's no scientist in Nigeria. Let's stop fooling ourselves. We only have theory scientists with plenty grammar. Why hasn't any so called scientist in Nigeria discovered vaccine for malaria or covid 19 drugs? No scientist in Nigeria has built transformers, phones, X-ray machines, motor engines, photocopy machines or spaceship. We only study to have titles and depend on white man.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by blamingthedevil: 11:06am On Dec 09, 2021
What contributions have they made except paperwork
Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by Chinny024(f): 11:06am On Dec 09, 2021
sinkhole:
For those who will always talk that Nigerian lecturers/scientists do nothing but demand for money, below is the list just released by Stanford University.

(The Nigeria Extract)

Gureje Oya
(U.I)

Olajire AA
(Lautech)

Olusanya Bolajoko

Oguzie Emeka E
(FUTOweri)

Oboh Ganiyu
(FUTAkure)

Ezugwu Emmanuel O

Owolabi Mayowa

Animashaun I.L
(FUTAkure)

Farombi Ebenezer

Lawal Olayide S.

Alaneme Kenneth Kanayo
(FUTAkure)

Ukwaja, Kingsley N.

Uneke Chigozie Jesse
(Eboyin State Uni )

Lawal, AbdulAzeez
(Fountain University)

Yusuf Abdullah

Akinyele Daniel
(Bells University)

Sulaiman Tukur A.

Ademuyiwa Abiodun
(Lagos State University)

Rafindaadi Abdulkadir A.

Orisakwe Irish E.

Bello Olugbenga Solomon
(Lautech)

Oladoja Nurudeen A.

Luiselli Luca

Ozili Peterson K.
(C.B.N)

Adefegha Stephen A.
(FUTAkure)

Oyedepo Sunday O.
(Convenant University)

Loto Rowland
(Convenant University)

Okeke Iruka N
(U.I)

Loto Cleophas
(Convenant University)

Eddy Nnabuk Okon
(UNNsuka)

Taiwo Adewale M.
(FUNAABeokuta)

Igbinosa Etinosa
(University of Benin)

Olasunkanmi Lukman O.
(O.A.U ile-ife)

Nathaniel Solomon P.
(UNILAG)

Ameh Emmanuel

Lateef Agbaje
(Lautech)

Onwejekwe Obinna
(UNNsuka)

Ayodele Temitope R.
(U.I)

Adebowale Kayode O.
(U.I)

Ademiluyi Adedayo O
(FUTAkure)

Iwegbue Chukwujindu .M
(Delta State University)

Chidume Charles

Osinubi Kolawole
(ABU Zaria)

Atadashi I. M

Salisu Afees A.
(U.I)

Habib AbdulRazak G.
(Bayero Uni Kano)

Abarikwu S. O

Jha Basant K.
(ABU Zaria)

Erejuwa Omotayo O

Olagunju Andrew T.
(Unilag)

Ibem Eziyi
(UNNsuka)

Faleye Babatunde James
(Fed Uni Lafia)

Strebelle Sebastien
(Chevron � Nig ltd)

Obi-Egbedi Nelson O
(U.I)

Sobamowo Gbeminiyi
(Unilag)

Adegbola Richard

Okonofua Friday
(University of Benin)

Adaramoye Oluwatosin
(U.I)

Dahunsi Samuel O.
(Landmark University)

Misra Sanjay
(Convenant University)

Adesanya S.O
(Redeemer University)

Njoku Victor O.
(Imo state university)

Awoyera Paul
(Convenant University)

Aigbodion Victor
(UNNsuka)

Menkir Abebe

Betiku Eriola
(O.A.U ile-ife)

Unuabonah Emmanuel
(Redeemer University)

Osabuohien Evans
(Convenant University)

Nwafor O.M.I
(FUTOweri)

Ogunjuyigbe A.S.O
(U.I)

Ajiboye T.O
(Nile University)

Ikot A.N
(Uni of Porthacourt)

Okoye C.M
(UNNsuka)

Folayan Morenike O
(O.A.U ile-ife)

Adewunmi Adebayo O
(O.A.U ile-ife)

Lawal Akeem O
(FUTAkure)

Okafor Peter
(Uni of Calabar)

Illesanmi Olayinka
(U.C.H - Ibadan)

Ajayi O.O
(Convenant University)

Bandyopadhyay Ranajit
(IITA )

Adedara Isaac

Aliyu Aliyu

Egbueri Johnbosco
(C O Ojukwu University)

Ozoegwu Chigbogu
(UNNsuka)

Adeneye Adejuwo
(Lagos State University)

Oyewunmi K.J
(Unilorin)

Iwu Maurice

Osanaiye O.A
(Nile University)

Fawole Olufumilayo
(U.I)

Adepoju Paul
(Science Journal)

Fayomi O.S.I
(Convenant University)

Mohammed Shafiu
(ABU Zaria)

Ogoina Dimie

Dikio Ezekiel
(Niger Delta University)

Ezema Fabian
(UNNsuka)

Oyagbemi A. A
(U.I)

Elemike Elias

Tomori oyewale
(Redeemer university)

Welcome Menizibeya
(Nile University)

Badu-Apraku Baffour
(IITA)

Yakubu Musa
(Unilorin)

Adedapo Adeolu
(U.I)

Ighodaro O.M
(Lead City university)

Anorlu R.I
(Unilag)

Ogunlesi Tinuade
(OOU - Ago iwoye)

Onate C.A
(Landmark University)

Imam Mustapha

Sofowora Abayomi
(O.A.U ile-ife)

Senbanjo idowu
(Lagos State University)

Adeyemi Oluyomi S.
(Landmark University)

Meremikwu Martin
(University of Calabar)

Owolabi Taoreed O.

Osuntokun B.O
(UCH - Ibadan)

Idumah Christopher igwe
(Nnamdi Azikiwe Uni)

Fadare J.O
(Ekiti State University)

Salawu S.O
(Landmark University)

They should produce malaria vaccine,lets see .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by BJanta: 11:07am On Dec 09, 2021
[

Great .quote author=sinkhole post=108337889]For those who will always talk that Nigerian lecturers/scientists do nothing but demand for money, below is the list just released by Stanford University.

(The Nigeria Extract)

Gureje Oya
(U.I)

Olajire AA
(Lautech)

Olusanya Bolajoko

Oguzie Emeka E
(FUTOweri)

Oboh Ganiyu
(FUTAkure)

Ezugwu Emmanuel O

Owolabi Mayowa

Animashaun I.L
(FUTAkure)

Farombi Ebenezer

Lawal Olayide S.

Alaneme Kenneth Kanayo
(FUTAkure)

Ukwaja, Kingsley N.

Uneke Chigozie Jesse
(Eboyin State Uni )

Lawal, AbdulAzeez
(Fountain University)

Yusuf Abdullah

Akinyele Daniel
(Bells University)

Sulaiman Tukur A.

Ademuyiwa Abiodun
(Lagos State University)

Rafindaadi Abdulkadir A.

Orisakwe Irish E.

Bello Olugbenga Solomon
(Lautech)

Oladoja Nurudeen A.

Luiselli Luca

Ozili Peterson K.
(C.B.N)

Adefegha Stephen A.
(FUTAkure)

Oyedepo Sunday O.
(Convenant University)

Loto Rowland
(Convenant University)

Okeke Iruka N
(U.I)

Loto Cleophas
(Convenant University)

Eddy Nnabuk Okon
(UNNsuka)

Taiwo Adewale M.
(FUNAABeokuta)

Igbinosa Etinosa
(University of Benin)

Olasunkanmi Lukman O.
(O.A.U ile-ife)

Nathaniel Solomon P.
(UNILAG)

Ameh Emmanuel

Lateef Agbaje
(Lautech)

Onwejekwe Obinna
(UNNsuka)

Ayodele Temitope R.
(U.I)

Adebowale Kayode O.
(U.I)

Ademiluyi Adedayo O
(FUTAkure)

Iwegbue Chukwujindu .M
(Delta State University)

Chidume Charles

Osinubi Kolawole
(ABU Zaria)

Atadashi I. M

Salisu Afees A.
(U.I)

Habib AbdulRazak G.
(Bayero Uni Kano)

Abarikwu S. O

Jha Basant K.
(ABU Zaria)

Erejuwa Omotayo O

Olagunju Andrew T.
(Unilag)

Ibem Eziyi
(UNNsuka)

Faleye Babatunde James
(Fed Uni Lafia)

Strebelle Sebastien
(Chevron � Nig ltd)

Obi-Egbedi Nelson O
(U.I)

Sobamowo Gbeminiyi
(Unilag)

Adegbola Richard

Okonofua Friday
(University of Benin)

Adaramoye Oluwatosin
(U.I)

Dahunsi Samuel O.
(Landmark University)

Misra Sanjay
(Convenant University)

Adesanya S.O
(Redeemer University)

Njoku Victor O.
(Imo state university)

Awoyera Paul
(Convenant University)

Aigbodion Victor
(UNNsuka)

Menkir Abebe

Betiku Eriola
(O.A.U ile-ife)

Unuabonah Emmanuel
(Redeemer University)

Osabuohien Evans
(Convenant University)

Nwafor O.M.I
(FUTOweri)

Ogunjuyigbe A.S.O
(U.I)

Ajiboye T.O
(Nile University)

Ikot A.N
(Uni of Porthacourt)

Okoye C.M
(UNNsuka)

Folayan Morenike O
(O.A.U ile-ife)

Adewunmi Adebayo O
(O.A.U ile-ife)

Lawal Akeem O
(FUTAkure)

Okafor Peter
(Uni of Calabar)

Illesanmi Olayinka
(U.C.H - Ibadan)

Ajayi O.O
(Convenant University)

Bandyopadhyay Ranajit
(IITA )

Adedara Isaac

Aliyu Aliyu

Egbueri Johnbosco
(C O Ojukwu University)

Ozoegwu Chigbogu
(UNNsuka)

Adeneye Adejuwo
(Lagos State University)

Oyewunmi K.J
(Unilorin)

Iwu Maurice

Osanaiye O.A
(Nile University)

Fawole Olufumilayo
(U.I)

Adepoju Paul
(Science Journal)

Fayomi O.S.I
(Convenant University)

Mohammed Shafiu
(ABU Zaria)

Ogoina Dimie

Dikio Ezekiel
(Niger Delta University)

Ezema Fabian
(UNNsuka)

Oyagbemi A. A
(U.I)

Elemike Elias

Tomori oyewale
(Redeemer university)

Welcome Menizibeya
(Nile University)

Badu-Apraku Baffour
(IITA)

Yakubu Musa
(Unilorin)

Adedapo Adeolu
(U.I)

Ighodaro O.M
(Lead City university)

Anorlu R.I
(Unilag)

Ogunlesi Tinuade
(OOU - Ago iwoye)

Onate C.A
(Landmark University)

Imam Mustapha

Sofowora Abayomi
(O.A.U ile-ife)

Senbanjo idowu
(Lagos State University)

Adeyemi Oluyomi S.
(Landmark University)

Meremikwu Martin
(University of Calabar)

Owolabi Taoreed O.

Osuntokun B.O
(UCH - Ibadan)

Idumah Christopher igwe
(Nnamdi Azikiwe Uni)

Fadare J.O
(Ekiti State University)

Salawu S.O
(Landmark University)

The wide spread of scientists across the country is commendable[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by sinkhole: 11:10am On Dec 09, 2021
Chinny024:

They should produce malaria vaccine,lets see .
Did you see Prof. Maurice Iwu on that list? Nigerian scientists have been producing vaccines and other things withing the resources available to them (no electric power supply, no water supply, poor salary, etc) and to the surprise and use of the international communities, but as usual, a prophet will never have honour in his hometown. This list up there was put together by a renowned USA University!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 11:21am On Dec 09, 2021
othermen:

I like your analytics. I am starting the journey into data science so I can be like you someday.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by kilisi(m): 11:25am On Dec 09, 2021
I was taught by Obi Egbedi of department of Chemistry, University of Ibadan in 2007/2008 session

Chemistry 157 - Physical Chemistry that year.

That course made me really believe in myself that I truly sabi book.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by jclassiq(m): 11:25am On Dec 09, 2021
motymop:
SCIENTISTS YET NO RESULTS
So is it the researcher's fault if his recommendations are not implemented?
Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 09, 2021
jrusky:
Bro what are you talking about? I don't know of scientist you are talking about but majority of those lecturers in our uni are f u c k I n g lazy bitch, wicked and extremely useless.

Nonsense!!!
Very true. They very very very wicked and useless and lazy too. That one from Unical, Okafor Peter is from Chemistry Department. Extremely wicked man who only comes to teach us when exam is next week and will make sure 98% of the class fail exams. Him and ladies are 5 and 6, if you know what I mean. Those guys that are busy congratulating them don't know what is happening sef. These lecturers choose project topics for the students against their will and force them to fund it so that they can publish it. When the work is done, they will grade the students and grade the work. Then they will then pay money to publish these work in Journals.
Most of the publish work in journals by lecturers are false with manipulated figures. Because most of these supervisors don't even have time to supervise their students, leaving the students to do the work anyhow. The students would cook up facts and figures just to finish up and graduate due to wickedness and negligence from the supervisor. And someone would come out here to be saying lecturers are very hardworking. If I hear that talk again, I go go find former Sars Officers make them come blast your legs aside.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by nedekid: 11:37am On Dec 09, 2021
Thank God Stamford does not use quota system, if not, na abokii Fulani name for full this list grin
Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by Fapemz: 11:55am On Dec 09, 2021
This is deep!

Ixua:

Very true. They very very very wicked and useless and lazy too. That one from Unical, Okafor Peter is from Chemistry Department. Extremely wicked man who only comes to teach us when exam is next week and will make sure 98% of the class fail exams. Him and ladies are 5 and 6, if you know what I mean. Those guys that are busy congratulating them don't know what is happening sef. These lecturers choose project topics for the students against their will and force them to fund it so that they can publish it. When the work is done, they will grade the students and grade the work. Then they will then pay money to publish these work in Journals.
Most of the publish work in journals by lecturers are false with manipulated figures. Because most of these supervisors don't even have time to supervise their students, leaving the students to do the work anyhow. The students would cook up facts and figures just to finish up and graduate due to wickedness and negligence from the supervisor. And someone would come out here to be saying lecturers are very hardworking. If I hear that talk again, I go go find former Sars Officers make them come blast your legs aside.
Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by GGirll: 12:01pm On Dec 09, 2021
Shamefully,the University of First choice only has 2 names what a shame....kudos to U.I and UNN....another shame is Zaria appearing only once.....this country self. Kudos to Land mark n Covenant University.
Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by calcal: 12:09pm On Dec 09, 2021
motymop:
SCIENTISTS YET NO RESULTS

You are correct, in the real sense, the zoo doesn't have any.

To achieve results, it is a complex collaboration.

People that cannot produce food cannot be scientists.
Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 09, 2021
I tell you, School no be Scam.
I have an exam of Proffesor Ebenezer Farumbi's Tomorrow.
I attended his lecture and he swept me off my feat with his gloating about his exploit and adventures in the western world. He continued his narrations late into the class before he taught us Western Blotting. I am in love with the Proffersor's doings.
Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by 360command: 12:18pm On Dec 09, 2021
sinkhole:

(The Nigeria Extract)

Gureje Oya
(U.I)

Olajire AA
(Lautech)

Olusanya Bolajoko

Oguzie Emeka E
(FUTOweri)

Oboh Ganiyu
(FUTAkure)

Ezugwu Emmanuel O

Owolabi Mayowa

Animashaun I.L
(FUTAkure)

Farombi Ebenezer

Lawal Olayide S.

Alaneme Kenneth Kanayo
(FUTAkure)

Ukwaja, Kingsley N.

Uneke Chigozie Jesse
(Eboyin State Uni )

Lawal, AbdulAzeez
(Fountain University)

Yusuf Abdullah

Akinyele Daniel
(Bells University)

Sulaiman Tukur A.

Ademuyiwa Abiodun
(Lagos State University)

Rafindaadi Abdulkadir A.

Orisakwe Irish E.

Bello Olugbenga Solomon
(Lautech)

Oladoja Nurudeen A.

Luiselli Luca

Ozili Peterson K.
(C.B.N)

Adefegha Stephen A.
(FUTAkure)

Oyedepo Sunday O.
(Convenant University)

Loto Rowland
(Convenant University)

Okeke Iruka N
(U.I)

Loto Cleophas
(Convenant University)

Eddy Nnabuk Okon
(UNNsuka)

Taiwo Adewale M.
(FUNAABeokuta)

Igbinosa Etinosa
(University of Benin)

Olasunkanmi Lukman O.
(O.A.U ile-ife)

Nathaniel Solomon P.
(UNILAG)

Ameh Emmanuel

Lateef Agbaje
(Lautech)

Onwejekwe Obinna
(UNNsuka)

Ayodele Temitope R.
(U.I)

Adebowale Kayode O.
(U.I)

Ademiluyi Adedayo O
(FUTAkure)

Iwegbue Chukwujindu .M
(Delta State University)

Chidume Charles

Osinubi Kolawole
(ABU Zaria)

Atadashi I. M

Salisu Afees A.
(U.I)

Habib AbdulRazak G.
(Bayero Uni Kano)

Abarikwu S. O

Jha Basant K.
(ABU Zaria)

Erejuwa Omotayo O

Olagunju Andrew T.
(Unilag)

Ibem Eziyi
(UNNsuka)

Faleye Babatunde James
(Fed Uni Lafia)

Strebelle Sebastien
(Chevron � Nig ltd)

Obi-Egbedi Nelson O
(U.I)

Sobamowo Gbeminiyi
(Unilag)

Adegbola Richard

Okonofua Friday
(University of Benin)

Adaramoye Oluwatosin
(U.I)

Dahunsi Samuel O.
(Landmark University)

Misra Sanjay
(Convenant University)

Adesanya S.O
(Redeemer University)

Njoku Victor O.
(Imo state university)

Awoyera Paul
(Convenant University)

Aigbodion Victor
(UNNsuka)

Menkir Abebe

Betiku Eriola
(O.A.U ile-ife)

Unuabonah Emmanuel
(Redeemer University)

Osabuohien Evans
(Convenant University)

Nwafor O.M.I
(FUTOweri)

Ogunjuyigbe A.S.O
(U.I)

Ajiboye T.O
(Nile University)

Ikot A.N
(Uni of Porthacourt)

Okoye C.M
(UNNsuka)

Folayan Morenike O
(O.A.U ile-ife)

Adewunmi Adebayo O
(O.A.U ile-ife)

Lawal Akeem O
(FUTAkure)

Okafor Peter
(Uni of Calabar)

Illesanmi Olayinka
(U.C.H - Ibadan)

Ajayi O.O
(Convenant University)

Bandyopadhyay Ranajit
(IITA )

Adedara Isaac

Aliyu Aliyu

Egbueri Johnbosco
(C O Ojukwu University)

Ozoegwu Chigbogu
(UNNsuka)

Adeneye Adejuwo
(Lagos State University)

Oyewunmi K.J
(Unilorin)

Iwu Maurice

Osanaiye O.A
(Nile University)

Fawole Olufumilayo
(U.I)

Adepoju Paul
(Science Journal)

Fayomi O.S.I
(Convenant University)

Mohammed Shafiu
(ABU Zaria)

Ogoina Dimie

Dikio Ezekiel
(Niger Delta University)

Ezema Fabian
(UNNsuka)

Oyagbemi A. A
(U.I)

Elemike Elias

Tomori oyewale
(Redeemer university)

Welcome Menizibeya
(Nile University)

Badu-Apraku Baffour
(IITA)

Yakubu Musa
(Unilorin)

Adedapo Adeolu
(U.I)

Ighodaro O.M
(Lead City university)

Anorlu R.I
(Unilag)

Ogunlesi Tinuade
(OOU - Ago iwoye)

Onate C.A
(Landmark University)

Imam Mustapha

Sofowora Abayomi
(O.A.U ile-ife)

Senbanjo idowu
(Lagos State University)

Adeyemi Oluyomi S.
(Landmark University)

Meremikwu Martin
(University of Calabar)

Owolabi Taoreed O.

Osuntokun B.O
(UCH - Ibadan)

Idumah Christopher igwe
(Nnamdi Azikiwe Uni)

Fadare J.O
(Ekiti State University)

Salawu S.O
(Landmark University)

we are happy when foreigners acknowledges what we do thereby making you feel happy. With this covid-19 and vaccine going on ,what are we doing? There are only 3 countries in Africa that are doing well in the fight against covid either by vaccine producing, covid testing kits or medications etc are Egypt, South Africa and Senegal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Scientists/lecturers Are Not Lazy! by peculiar2233: 12:22pm On Dec 09, 2021
GorillaApp:
Nothing widespread there! Just two tribes dominating that list
The other tribe are also doing well in terrorism and banditry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? / Rape Victim Set To Graduate From North Caroline State University (Photo) / Adekunle Ajasin University Post-utme For 2015/2016 Academic Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.