Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) (48263 Views)

Every Woman Needs A Husband Like This (photo) / You Went To The Gym to pick Your Wife home but u met her like This(photo) / Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by AKWATGOLD1(m): 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2021
In the course of hiding or keeping my N50 saving, i broke a big rubber basin calling bafu then full of breakable plates of over 100 pieces. My mother breaks my head with cup and blood gushes out.

2 Likes

Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by BMathew: 4:19pm On Dec 10, 2021
I lost count oooh, it seems me and brother used to break that glass every week till my dad went to buy a pack so that he can be replacing the one that got broken by mistake. But if I break one I will quickly rush and replace it without letting my dad Know not knowing that my brother was doing the same thing too.
Till I broke the last one in the presence of my dad, without further ado he said I should go and bring the glass carton. Lo and behold I opened it but nothing was there but I carried it to him as if the carton were very much heavy until he washed the lantern himself check the kerosene and refilled it then to replace the glass he opened then sad boom....what a judgement day.
He landed a hot slap and all I can see was rainbow colour for like 1 minutes....i kept shouting, oju mi foh, ye ye ye(my is blind, ye ye ye).
After then I still continue in the ministry till he changed it to gas florescent lights

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Beremx(f): 4:31pm On Dec 10, 2021
Break original globe and you keep buying fake ones grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by MosayA: 5:05pm On Dec 10, 2021
Thank God for GOd o grin grin grin
E plenty die grin grin grin
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Yemlizzy(f): 5:56pm On Dec 10, 2021
Elitefosa:

The master of them all
Haha how would you know tongue
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by MufasaLion: 6:14pm On Dec 10, 2021
Can't remember. grin
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by MufasaLion: 6:15pm On Dec 10, 2021
Royruky:

My wife does this even after I have pleaded with her to forgive the child.

She will wait till when I am not around and dish out the punishment.

You should advise her not to do that. It's not ideal to beat children. There are many other ways to discipline kids.

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by juman(m): 6:36pm On Dec 10, 2021
God punish all Nigerian generals.
They failed to provide constant light.

2 Likes

Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Wuminity(f): 7:12pm On Dec 10, 2021
Na regular customer I be, na my hand the thing dey break when it's time to buy another one. grin

Royruky:

My wife does this even after I have pleaded with her to forgive the child.

She will wait till when I am not around and dish out the punishment.

Correct, my grandma geng grin

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by GoldenqueenC(f): 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2021
Countless
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Royruky(m): 7:46pm On Dec 10, 2021
MufasaLion:

You should advise her not to do that. It's not ideal to beat children. There are many other ways to discipline kids.

The thing tire me ooooo. Funnily enough, she does not beat the last card of the house.

She even made it known to the child that she has soft spot for her. Maybe because she was pre - term.
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by MufasaLion: 7:48pm On Dec 10, 2021
Royruky:

The thing tire me ooooo. Funnily enough, she does not beat the last card of the house.

She even made it known to the child that she has soft spot for her. Maybe because she was pre - term.

Talk to your wife. I can never be with someone that prefers to beat kids.

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by suffering: 4:07am On Dec 11, 2021
We never had them long enough for me to know people needed to wash them frequently. Either they always got stolen or my parents found ways to dispose of them silently. Once we learned of kerosene explosions we never owned one again.
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Elitefosa: 8:57am On Dec 11, 2021
Yemlizzy:

Haha how would you know tongue

It's obvious now....

your record speaks for itself
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Jidemoo: 9:40am On Dec 11, 2021
I broke more than 10 of that as a kid
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Explorers(m): 7:09pm On Dec 15, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Modupetemmy1(f): 8:40pm On Dec 15, 2021
Explorers:
Those day when you commit crime/break stuffs(Plates, Cups, aquarium, louvers) before dad/mum return from work.

There's always this special people we return to for protection, they'll come beg for us.

But some parents can still be mean, in the midnight, you will just hear 'tap tap tap' on your body.

'Se o ti ji? o ro pe mo ti gba gbe ni?..O ya dide koo dobale si ori table yen.'

Na typical Africa parent raised you ���
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by domido(m): 10:12pm On Dec 15, 2021
Don't hold too tight when washing, another trick

4 Likes

Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by lonelydora: 6:20pm On Dec 16, 2021
Whoever that invented this glass does not love children

7 Likes

Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by gomohe9963: 6:20pm On Dec 16, 2021
None
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Dreytonisback(m): 6:22pm On Dec 16, 2021
Once you break this bulb for lantern , abeg no bother come house

My mileh go wake me around 2-3am when sleep dey sweet for body , she go come ask you how far
You don run finish ? grin
Na early morning beating you wan collect so , u go even don dey cry ahead grin
Oh the good old days when we didn't even know what tribalism was all about
When religion wasn't a major problem

Lights up my kpoli in peace

6 Likes

Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Abudu2000(m): 6:23pm On Dec 16, 2021
Fun fact: father was the only person who knew where to get a replacement

2 Likes

Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Nlanalyst: 6:24pm On Dec 16, 2021
grin cheesy
Memories.
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by omoadeleye(m): 6:24pm On Dec 16, 2021
We were trained to handle things well

5 Likes

Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by sisisioge: 6:25pm On Dec 16, 2021
Haaaaa.....the dreadful eyin lantern! I hated it like shege!

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by aminusodiq(m): 6:25pm On Dec 16, 2021
Explorers:
Eyin Lantern, i broke like 4.

You need to wash/clean for brightness every weekend.

1st one, i got a warning. 2nd i got a warning with ear pull.

3rd one, i was asked to lie down on the centre table.

Broke the 4th/last in 1998, can't forget.

Ran away from home to Baba ile Keta to come help me beg.

But later got the logic, will sit on the floor and wash in a big bowl filled with water.
like 5 or 6... Dem beat me like mad
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 16, 2021
I remembered 2002 when I broke one aboki lantern bulb vendor I received the beating of my life that day.
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:26pm On Dec 16, 2021
I never broke one. I still wonder how
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Moreign001(m): 6:26pm On Dec 16, 2021
The funny thing is that no matter how careful you are, it will still break o. It always the glass fault jare.

7 Likes

Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Pacesetter123(m): 6:27pm On Dec 16, 2021
Nicepoker:
The cracked ones will be patched with paper.
Nasoo bros,u Sabi.
Pending whenever a new one will arrive or that broken one break kpatakpata. Chaii! This life ehehhh
grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Njc1(m): 6:27pm On Dec 16, 2021
In a week I fit break 3...my parle dey flog me scatter scatter
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by aminusodiq(m): 6:27pm On Dec 16, 2021
Explorers:
Those day when you commit crime/break stuffs(Plates, Cups, aquarium, louvers) before dad/mum return from work.

There's always this special people we return to for protection, they'll come beg for us.

But some parents can still be mean, in the midnight, you will just hear 'tap tap tap' on your body.

'Se o ti ji? o ro pe mo ti gba gbe ni?..O ya dide koo dobale si ori table yen.'
thats like my dad... There is dis old woman... Our very close neighbor who always serve as my solace... Shed beg for me everytime i errr... The day she died was the begining of my predicament... I cried that day en cry cry
No one begs for me again... Amd the beating continued.

I used to be very stubborn

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

14-Year-Old Fruits Seller In Abuja / My Skin Is Getting Bad and discoloured.Advice Needed(photos) / Traditional And White Wedding Of Old Aunty (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.