Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,758 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:58 AM

Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) (48600 Views)

Every Woman Needs A Husband Like This (photo) / You Went To The Gym to pick Your Wife home but u met her like This(photo) / Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Oblongata: 9:00pm On Dec 16, 2021
I broke ‘ogantable’
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Livesimple: 9:20pm On Dec 16, 2021
ThatFairGuy1 post=10 ;D8562731:
I pray for you
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Testimony1988(m): 9:20pm On Dec 16, 2021
Lolz, either 1 or 2.
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Offpoint1: 9:37pm On Dec 16, 2021
Can't remember how many but I believe it should be more than 50... I don't have issues washing it, putting it back it's were they devil always comes in. Once I pull the jack it'll slipped out of my hand and shattered the damn thing or cracked it.
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Delaw135: 9:48pm On Dec 16, 2021
FahBuLous:
Breaking this stuff was a hobby then grin grin ...

After uncountable beatings, I decided to be washing it on top of an old foam we weren't using again..

Oya make e come break on top foam make I know say my village people no kuku like me grin
u cracked me up with this
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by sonus(m): 10:08pm On Dec 16, 2021
It was between 80-100 naira that year and my lunch money was 10 naira. So u could imagine number of day I wouldn't eat lunch
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Obiebanks007(m): 10:13pm On Dec 16, 2021
Nicepoker:
The cracked ones will be patched with paper.

This one sweet my belle...good old days
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by stasius: 10:21pm On Dec 16, 2021
Indomie generation won't know this.
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by FahBuLous: 10:49pm On Dec 16, 2021
grin grin
Delaw135:
u cracked me up with this

I'm sure you broke enough... grin
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by dapojaja(m): 11:04pm On Dec 16, 2021
The business of selling the glass sure die for marchant. It was like bitcoin business for them. Careful o, slip o, wash o, glass must break, beating must happen and lastly glass must be replaced.
So, then we were just making the merchant smiling to the bank.
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by placeofallure(f): 11:21pm On Dec 16, 2021
Explorers:
Those day when you commit crime/break stuffs(Plates, Cups, aquarium, louvers) before dad/mum return from work.

There's always this special people we return to for protection, they'll come beg for us.

But some parents can still be mean, in the midnight, you will just hear 'tap tap tap' on your body.

'Se o ti ji? o ro pe mo ti gba gbe ni?..O ya dide koo dobale si ori table yen.'

Yoruba mums! They deserve a special award from God for parenting. I always pray for my mum. She gets A1 in parenting.

You'd get beaten for eating and your mouth is doing splish-splash, for walking and your feet are doing whoosh-whoosh and many more.

For this lantern egg, I never got beaten. The reason being she never gives any of us to wash. She does that herself. You need to see how she dotes on the egg. She painstakingly washed it anytime she needed to. God bless my mum.

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Cindy222(f): 11:23pm On Dec 16, 2021
Lol....I no sure say I don ever break this thing o.
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by eagleonearth(m): 2:33am On Dec 17, 2021
Explorers:
Eyin Lantern, i broke like 4.

You need to wash/clean for brightness every weekend.

1st one, i got a warning. 2nd i got a warning with ear pull.

3rd one, i was asked to lie down on the centre table.

Broke the 4th/last in 1998, can't forget.

Ran away from home to Baba ile Keta to come help me beg.

But later got the logic, will sit on the floor and wash in a big bowl filled with water.
as for us that went to boarding school, na back to back we dey break am that year to the extent that it nearly cut of my brother's hand and left him with a fatal indelible wound.
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Bifwoli: 3:29am On Dec 17, 2021
MissSlimbody:
I didn't break any o, the fear of mum's beating is the beginning of "composure" cheesy cheesy

But I broke 1 flask, maale tell me the history of my life that day. It would have been better if she flogged me cry cry
I didn't break any either ....i was privileged to have 24/7 electricity in our house.
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Uchedizzy(f): 6:13am On Dec 17, 2021
Funny u
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Dagrace01(m): 6:53am On Dec 17, 2021
I didn't break any cos I never go near that stuff.. I leave the job to my other siblings, I prefer to do other chores..

That stuff was like a treasure to our parents back then, children nowadays are lucky it has degenerated into a near extinction. grin
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Adeoyelee: 7:17am On Dec 17, 2021
Royruky:

My wife does this even after I have pleaded with her to forgive the child.

She will wait till when I am not around and dish out the punishment.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Adeoyelee: 7:20am On Dec 17, 2021
BMathew:
I lost count oooh, it seems me and brother used to break that glass every week till my dad went to buy a pack so that he can be replacing the one that got broken by mistake. But if I break one I will quickly rush and replace it without letting my dad Know not knowing that my brother was doing the same thing too.
Till I broke the last one in the presence of my dad, without further ado he said I should go and bring the glass carton. Lo and behold I opened it but nothing was there but I carried it to him as if the carton were very much heavy until he washed the lantern himself check the kerosene and refilled it then to replace the glass he opened then sad boom....what a judgement day.
He landed a hot slap and all I can see was rainbow colour for like 1 minutes....i kept shouting, oju mi foh, ye ye ye(my is blind, ye ye ye).
After then I still continue in the ministry till he changed it to gas florescent lights

Oju mi ti fo

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Advancedman(m): 7:52am On Dec 17, 2021
Explorers:
Eyin Lantern, i broke like 4.

You need to wash/clean for brightness every weekend.

1st one, i got a warning. 2nd i got a warning with ear pull.

3rd one, i was asked to lie down on the centre table.

Broke the 4th/last in 1998, can't forget.

Ran away from home to Baba ile Keta to come help me beg.

But later got the logic, will sit on the floor and wash in a big bowl filled with water.
If you ever touch this in your life it's like it just wanted to break and blame it on you so those claiming they never break any I doubted you but in life there are exception always.
But me anything glass no like me they sure must break still broke the wall clock I brought from Abuja via Ondo to Ogun then finally Lagos, just when I had jejely placed it down I still comfortably broke it.
Will send picture cos right now am in the bus to island.
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Toeyean1507(f): 8:05am On Dec 17, 2021
Explorers:
Those day when you commit crime/break stuffs(Plates, Cups, aquarium, louvers) before dad/mum return from work.

There's always this special people we return to for protection, they'll come beg for us.

But some parents can still be mean, in the midnight, you will just hear 'tap tap tap' on your body.

My mum and yours must be twins.........
Mum once instructed my elder sis to fetch water in a basket till the basket get full.......

1 Like

Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by heysquare(m): 8:31am On Dec 17, 2021
Explorers:

Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by heysquare(m): 8:32am On Dec 17, 2021
Explorers:

Your comment takes me back to my young days! My mum doesn't struggle then to beat me. The beating would just landed during my sleep before I even wake up the beating has ended like an action movie. The rest is my body would be strolling in pain like the cast names are strolling on the TV screen! It was good memories that I appreciate till I die. May God bless our mothers those alive and dead!
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by heysquare(m): 8:33am On Dec 17, 2021
Explorers:

Your comment takes me back to my young days! My mum doesn't struggle then to beat me. The beating would just landed during my sleep before I even wake up the beating has ended like an action movie. The rest is my body would be strolling in pain like the cast names are strolling on the TV screen! It was good memories that I appreciate till I die. May God bless our mothers those alive and dead!
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by MissSlimbody(f): 9:13am On Dec 17, 2021
Bifwoli:
I didn't break any either ....i was privileged to have 24/7 electricity in our house.

Lucky you. Some of us weren't that privileged.
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Noblewealth(m): 10:50am On Dec 17, 2021
Explorers:

Aswear na me and my brother be this.. And Dem no born us well make we shout..

Na to dey beg silently
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Akuruoulo(m): 2:56pm On Dec 17, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Beating makes kids headstrong. There are better conditioning methods
Thats for sure
Re: Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) by Ishnlsa(m): 7:59pm On Dec 17, 2021
This glass is a weak point of a lantern. It can break even because of high temperature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Marry A 32 Year Old Good Girl Or Look For A Younger Good Girl? / Father Recreates Family Photo After 20 Years / 'I Have Been Sleeping With Your Brother' – Wife Tells Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.