Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) (29207 Views)

Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo Laments 'Level Of Nudity' In Weddings / Women Were Not Created To Take Care Of Themselves - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo / Feminism In Marriage Is Rubbish – Pastor Mildred Okonkwo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by ppogba: 8:43pm On Dec 10, 2021
The pastor is an Arsenal, I will reserve my comment for now.
Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by Lionnation: 8:44pm On Dec 10, 2021
Kriss216:
Of what use is marriage if it's not designed to make me happy?

If one can't find happiness in marriage, why engaging in it?
same thing I am asking, now I want to marry honestly but whenever she is around I am unhappy I go through stress, I couldn't find. The reason I need her, I am single and unhappy and wanting to get married and that's adds to the problem of unhappiness what should I do
Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by Realhommie(m): 8:44pm On Dec 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ no send anyone relationship coaching though lipsrsealed
Of course..
Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by Realhommie(m): 8:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
ppogba:

You can see the make-up of his congregants. Hardly will you see someone above fifty.
What he preaches is exactly what the members mainly youth want to hear.
In marketing, get your clients and you are good to go.
You're right, lol..
Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by Munzy14(m): 8:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
JavaScript9091:
Happy people by default brings happiness into a marriage. But when a woman us bitter by default, she will export her bitterness into the life of her man and marriage
Truth.
Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by Olunmercy56(f): 8:47pm On Dec 10, 2021
My marriage must make me happy by God's grace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by Mrbenny001: 8:48pm On Dec 10, 2021
Many if you saying trash didn't watch the video..try watch what he said and how he said it before commenting...if you hate yourself and you're going to marriage expecting someone else to make you happy and fulfilled without playing your part and make sacrifices is foolishness...but end time children will not learn..they are so quick to criticize

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by Lionnation: 8:49pm On Dec 10, 2021
gazza07:
To get better and not happy? Confusion oo
how can someone be better and yet not happy
Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by Tallesty1(m): 8:51pm On Dec 10, 2021
JavaScript9091:
Happy people by default brings happiness into a marriage. But when a woman us bitter by default, she will export her bitterness into the life of her man and marriage
I don't think people are actually happy by default. I could be wrong though. Those people that appear happy all the time have just mastered their feelings. They have separate box for everything in their heads grin. If they're alone, they will open the box with their problems, once they step out, they will open fresh box for outsiders.

They're unhappy but it's hidden.

What I have come to understand is that happiness is temporary, we need to keep doing things that make us happy to be happy. Things like solving our problems. There's no stage one will get in life and they will become happy permanently.

And to be happy, we need problems grin. The best happiness comes from solving problems. Once one finds a partner, he or she will be happy because one problem has been solved but in solving that one, they have created others.

They will be happy for a while and that's all, to be happy in marriage, they will need to solve the daily problems that comes in marriage.

7 Likes

Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by Oloruntade4(m): 8:54pm On Dec 10, 2021
Sammydanny:
Popular Nigerian cleric, Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo has candidly told unmarried people about the complexities of marriage.

In a video he posted on his Instagram page, the pastor explained that marriage was not made to make people happy but was designed to make people better. He said marriage is a place you go to give, not a place to go to receive.

Pastor Kingsley explained that people must take care of things making them feel unhappy and unfulfilled before getting married and not hope that getting married will solve all their problems.

Watch the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmvdSFKziF8

Unwise
Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by Czario: 8:54pm On Dec 10, 2021
Godswillu:
If you are single do not comment let the married once comment.
I am sure 95% of the married men and women can relate.

Oh yes oh yes...can relate.
Nobody told me this 7 years ago ..
You single guys reading this are Soo lucky

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by Janosky: 8:57pm On Dec 10, 2021
Sammydanny:
Popular Nigerian cleric, Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo has candidly told unmarried people about the complexities of marriage.

In a video he posted on his Instagram page, the pastor explained that marriage was not made to make people happy but was designed to make people better. He said marriage is a place you go to give, not a place to go to receive.

Pastor Kingsley explained that people must take care of things making them feel unhappy and unfulfilled before getting married and not hope that getting married will solve all their problems.

Watch the video below:

Believe his GIBBERISH at the detriment of your emotional and marital stability.
Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 10, 2021
Chevrolet076:

See this w3r3y.... Awọn God of men... The sheeples too go soon dey shout daddy daddy up and down
shut up and listen to the message he’s speaking facts you didn’t listen you just used your hatred for pastors to Comment . Listen to the Message . Listen to the Message . Marriage is a union of two people. It shouldn’t be your means of finding Happiness you should be Happy On your own first before you invite someone else to share in the Abundance of your Happiness. Some of you Cows never listen or digest Information you just rush to Talk the rubbish you have been holding in . Shut up Calm down and listen to the Message Don’t be an Ignorant Fool.

If you like Quote me I go insult you tire .

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2021
JavaScript9091:
And when a man is bitter by default , what happens? undecided
Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2021
Mrbenny001:
Many if you saying trash didn't watch the video..try watch what he said and how he said it before commenting...if you hate yourself and you're going to marriage expecting someone else to make you happy and fulfilled without playing your part and make sacrifices is foolishness...but end time children will not learn..they are so quick to criticize
No be lie you talk these People always fail to digest and process information before saying whatever rubbish they are Holding in .
Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by EyenNtokon: 9:01pm On Dec 10, 2021
When i grow up, i want to be like PRESIDENT BUHARI.
Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by SmartPolician: 9:01pm On Dec 10, 2021
habsydiamond:
Some pastors talk atimes as if they have left their brains at home while preaching with empty skull.. How will u say marriage is not designed to make u happy.. A union that doesn't make u happy is heading for a divorce... Thats not marriage at all that's a war.

You people didn't watch the video.

If you did and still wrote this, I shake my head in disbelief.
Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by BigIyanga: 9:02pm On Dec 10, 2021
WibusJaga:

Some of these pastors like making controversial statements just to draw attention.
But what he should have said was Marriage does not guarantee your happiness. Some people find joy & fulfilment in marriage while others experience hell on earth when they get married, especially married to the wrong spouse.

The theme of his message is lost on you. You give more than you receive in marriage.. if not to your spouse, then to your kids. Your kids dont care... they keep receiving until they turn to adult to take care of themselves.
Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by habsydiamond(m): 9:02pm On Dec 10, 2021
SmartPolician:

You people didn't watch the video.

If you did and still wrote this, I shake my head in disbelief.
u caught me... I didn't

1 Like

Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 10, 2021
Simran94:

And when a man is bitter by default , what happens? undecided
Then he will Carry the Bitterness into the Marriage and if he doesn’t work on his Bitter attitude he will ruin his marriage stop using Emotion to judge situations every time sometimes use Logic there’s a reason why you have a logical part of your brain too ..
Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 10, 2021
AlphaAlex:
Then he will Carry the Bitterness into the Marriage and if he doesn’t work on his Bitter attitude he will ruin his marriage stop using Emotion to judge situations every time sometimes use Logic there’s a reason why you have a logical part of your brain too ..

This is why I don't usually reply you Nairaland boys.
The person I quoted made it seem like women are the only bitters ones, that was why I asked him what about the men? You are the one who needs to use his logical part of his brain

1 Like

Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by efficiencie(m): 9:12pm On Dec 10, 2021
Sammydanny:

Watch the video below:

I am sorry ohh. He is a pastor. And he is probably called by God but this doctrine is rubbish and unscriptural. The wise preacher, by the HolyGhost, informed us through Ecclesiastes 4: 9-12 about the benefits of marriage and these benefits bring happiness. If one person is cold the partner will provide warmth. If one falls his/her partner will be there to help and if two work together they will get a better reward than when one person works alone. If I have to be fulfilled all by myself and I can be happy all by myself then I don't need a marriage. Instead of getting married I will dedicated my life to serving the LORD and men but if I have a deficit in my life and I need help then it would make sense to get married.

Deficit was the basis for the first marriage. As perfect and good as Adam was God saw that it was not good that man should be alone. Every man has to find out himself the deficit in his life that makes it not good for him to be alone. And every woman has to figure out for themselves the man whose deficit they are equipped to effectively address. Herein lies the idea of a match. Marry your match and support each other. Leave all this motivational talk that are impracticable and out of touch with the realities of marriage!

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by gazza07(m): 9:16pm On Dec 10, 2021
I'm yet to understand this
Lionnation:
how can someone be better and yet not happy
Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by pansophist(m): 9:17pm On Dec 10, 2021
Marriage is a mirror. If you ain't happy with yourself, you'll be sad in it. He spoke the truth.

6 Likes

Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by Timoleon(m): 9:18pm On Dec 10, 2021
BouquiLake:
Abi e ma gbo were!!! God does not know what He was doing niyen o? Oooode
Genesis 6: 5-6
Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by vickydevoka(m): 9:19pm On Dec 10, 2021
Kriss216:

Procreation and societal pressure
Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by vickydevoka(m): 9:20pm On Dec 10, 2021
WibusJaga:

Some of these pastors like making controversial statements just to draw attention.
But what he should have said was Marriage does not guarantee your happiness. Some people find joy & fulfilment in marriage while others experience hell on earth when they get married, especially married to the wrong spouse.
Not even. Wrong spouse. Untrained child. Spoilt brat without manners.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 10, 2021
WibusJaga:

Marriage does not guarantee happiness.

Spot On.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by Timoleon(m): 9:22pm On Dec 10, 2021
Lucky bunch lol
Czario:

Oh yes oh yes...can relate.
Nobody told me this 7 years ago ..
You single guys reading this are Soo lucky

1 Like

Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by ogelekpomgam(m): 9:22pm On Dec 10, 2021
RoyalBlu:
What he said is the truth.

Happiness is self created.

How can you make your spouse happy when you're not happy with yourself?

You can only give what you have.
No matter how you have self happiness.. staying or living with someone that makes you unhappy can lead to a chronic and unseen depression.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Was Not Designed To Make You Happy - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo (video) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 10, 2021
Kriss216:

if marriage is designed to make one happy, how come there are so many unhappy married people?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mentally Challenged Woman Healed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress - Autoreportng / Read This Article It Might Save Your Life: The Antidotes Of God / The Unrevealed Truth Of The Antichrist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.