Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,769 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged (29396 Views)

How Muslims, Tinubu, Akande, Buhari Made Me SGF - Babachir Lawal (2015) / Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 / 2023 Presidency: Why I Will Pick Tinubu Over Osinbajo - Hon Bosun Oladele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by Tinubuadvocate: 7:34pm On Dec 10, 2021
2023 gonna be interesting.

1 Like

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by Vistra40: 7:59pm On Dec 10, 2021
BlackfireX:
Story for the gods

All you southerners hear me well

North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023

Unku, stop disturbing us here and go and concern yourself with the banditry issue up north

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by Vistra40: 8:01pm On Dec 10, 2021
JaroMan:
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/12/10/akande-buhari-promised-to-pick-tinubu-as-running-mate-in-2015-then-reneged/

I read everything because I'm a student of politics.
My take away:
The man said "this position is for South West and in Yoruba, religion is none issue".
This implies that Yoruba leaders see VP of Nigeria as an ethnic property and not Nigeria. They believe the VP must serve the interest of South West and not that of Nigeria.
No wonder the in VP staff, you hardly find someone from another tribe.
It was evident from word go that Buhari is not a man of his own. He was always dragged into action and would always go with his tribe. This has not changed.
Adams Oshiomole has always been with Tinubu and he was rewarded with national chairman.
Same Tinubu was rewarded with Yomi Osibanjo, Speaker, Senate President, ministers of works, housing and power. FIR, Budget office, and juicy contracts.
So nobody should come and say "Buhari owes Tinubu". That's why other party members are spoilt for war because they have seen the Tinubu is greedy.
Finally, this book launch is ill timed. It will unsettle some power brokers. People like
OBJ, Buhari, Northern elders and some Yoruba elders.
Maybe it was done in a bid to force Buhari into supporting Tinubu, but a close look will tell you that Bisi Akande bare it all and isn't happy with the president.
I salute his courage.

It would only make matters worse

6 Likes

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 8:11pm On Dec 10, 2021
Leverage2021:
Buhari never promised to make Tinubu vice president even by admitting the statement below

Akande stressed that [s]despite the pledge to make Tinubu his vice presidential candidate, Buhari later faltered, saying that[/s] he only said that he wanted the former Lagos governor to “partner with him.”

It shows buhari intention was to use him aka partner with him but greed told tinubu he would be vice president

Buhari is still "partnering with him" till date as another shock await him in 2023

grin

1 Like

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by Laggafin: 8:36pm On Dec 10, 2021
Buhari go still mess Tinubu up in 2023.. if u doubt it.. argue with ur keyboard and ancestors grin

12 Likes

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by rayvelez(m): 9:11pm On Dec 10, 2021
Meanwhile, after all the shenanigans, ganged up against our darling GEJ what do y’all get in returns??

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by Buccalcavity2: 9:15pm On Dec 10, 2021
As much as I like baba Akande, the latter paragraph of the write up was disappointing. How can baba say there was no restructuring in the APC manifesto? So on what basis was El Rufai committee constituted? Just enjoy your retirement sir. You've done your part

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by OkoroPeugeot(m): 6:21am On Dec 11, 2021
His promises should be studied in schools

5 Likes

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by Trustedpronet: 6:31am On Dec 11, 2021
Buhari is a disaster adding tinubu to it will rise my blood pressure.

6 Likes

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by otokx(m): 6:42am On Dec 11, 2021
Truly Nigeria is not yet ready for a Muslim - Muslim ticket.
Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by TemmyT002(m): 6:48am On Dec 11, 2021
So Tinubu believed him? A Muslim-Muslim ticket?
What were they smoking?

4 Likes

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by MishdaFish: 6:53am On Dec 11, 2021
Buhari has always renege on his promises. He is not a man of his word and should not be trusted. He did promises to fight corruption, strengthen naira, cut medical tourism and revamp our refineries. Alas! He instead is prospecting for oil in the north,building railway for another country and dealing a blow to Nigerias economy deliberately.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by StreetFight: 6:54am On Dec 11, 2021
The Jagaban Borgu was not surprised. Who ever believed Buhari? Somebody that promised 200 million Nigerians and failed,is it one person he will find it difficult to betray? Useless blood sucking vampire

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by babyfaceafrica: 6:54am On Dec 11, 2021
That's their problem
Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by Bobloco: 6:57am On Dec 11, 2021
A Muslim/Muslim ticket, how was that going to be possible. Infact the PDP then would have used it as a campaign tool against the APC.

All these are made to bully North/Buhari to hand the APC presidential ticket to the South West and specifically to Tinubu

9 Likes

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by tete7000(m): 6:58am On Dec 11, 2021
These people care about nothing but their pockets, see Akande saying religion is not an important factor in southwest politics. Would he have readily aceeded to a Christian-Christian ticket? And after showing this selfish and greedy trait, the same old man had the gut to insult others like him.
This same Akande castigating some old men for going for Jonathan confab I am sure won't mind having an ailing and old Tinubu as Nigeria's next president.

For Tinubu, disappointment and heartbreaks will never depart from his court. Come 2023, if Nigeria is still here and not yet scuttled by the wicked man he planted on it, he shall surely have more heartbreaks to deal with. Wicked, greedy souls.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by bencr7: 6:59am On Dec 11, 2021
BlackfireX:
Story for the gods

All you southerners hear me well

North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023
yes oh north2023 grin grin grin may be na d thing go end insecurity in north

1 Like

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by TomRiddle1: 7:02am On Dec 11, 2021
Rilwayne001:
A Muslim/Muslim ticket in 2015 would have put a nail on APC coffin back then. Osinbajo on the ticket played an important role garnering votes for APC. This was demonstrated.
e go tey before we go trust another Christian.
Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by sucess001(m): 7:03am On Dec 11, 2021
The APC implosion has started.

The release of these comments will not help Tinubu's cause. You have literally called the President's integrity to question openly.

And Tinubu's ambition and greed is unbelievable. You chose the VP, the Senate President, Speaker of House of Reps, Lagos Governor and still eyeing the Presidency?

Akande is his boy boy. He is insulting Falae and Adebanjo who made Tinubu the Lagos State governor at Funsho William's expense?

Life!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by Wiifesnatcher(m): 7:07am On Dec 11, 2021
Osibanjo was never in this politicking arrangement, he was somewhere in Abuja court waiting to discharge his professional duties and Grace found him

David was somewhere in the bush but among his siblings that were present, Grace found him

oh lord my father my father wherever Grade had failed me, let your Grace find me and speak for me

15 Likes

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by TheGreatOne90: 7:15am On Dec 11, 2021
If you are complaining about buhari sidelining tinubu, then you are the real wailing wailers. Am an igbo man, but i will personal come out and vote a yoruba man as president, so long as they present a good man with good track record. Not old, disgusting crooks like tinubu.

8 Likes

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by adecz: 7:21am On Dec 11, 2021
❌❌❌

A Muslim-muslim ticket was not
possible, given that Buhari was already
known as fanatic, jihadi Muslim.

Unfortunately for Tinubu, being a
southern Muslim will guarantee he
never becomes president, since he
will need to balance his ticket by
taking a Northerner & the Muslim
north will feel cheated if it isn't a
Northern Muslim.

On the other hand, Northern Christians
will not accept a Muslim-muslim ticket.
This is the dilemma of Jagaba❗️❗️

And btw, he is already old & sickly.
He wants to die on the throne.☹️☹️

8 Likes

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by Superboss: 7:22am On Dec 11, 2021
Reading this long story shows that in politics nobody is absolutely trustworthy.
I can see that Bisi Akande's book is subtly trying to whitewash and market Bola Tinubu for 2023.
It is unfortunate, it is too late.
Nigeria does not need these old cargoes
They shud retire and give way for young and intelligent ppl who are much in tune with the 21st century methods of managing the economy of a country.
Anybody that is talking about Atiku or Tinubu's presidency for 2023 needs his head examined.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akande: Buhari Promised To Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2015, Then Reneged by Meteng: 7:25am On Dec 11, 2021
History is about to repeat itself, this 2023

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Water Fountains, Street Lights On As Gov Udom Commissions Eket Roads / Bauchi Residents Ask Governor Abubakar To Concede Defeat To PDP / Pictures From President Buhari's Return From London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.