Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

2021: My Worst And My Best Year - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 2021: My Worst And My Best Year (1039 Views)

How My Wife Is Treating Me In My Worst Condition / It's My 16th Wedding Anniversary, 16 Years Since I Married My Best Friend. / My Worst Fear Finally Happened, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2021: My Worst And My Best Year by BitterSoul(m): 10:07pm On Dec 10, 2021
Hello nairalanders, this is one year and few weeks since I created this account. You all remember this post? https://www.nairaland.com/6249966/lamentations-bitter-man#95936848

Well the last days of 2020 was literally hell to me. Thanks to few people like pcguru1 (I don't know what happened to that Monika) that helped me to survive after reading the post above. God bless you wherever you are. Let me briefly tell my 2021 story so that everyone can learn.

The challenges
December 2020, I was as broke as harmattan forest. I left my 20k monthly job out of frustration few months earlier and just settled for a 10k monthly job because it has a future. I remember one day on the last week of December 2020, I had just N10 left with me, no food, no water and no hope. I'm that kind of person that can't ask for help unless anonymously. I was chatting with random old friends and one conversation led to another and in the end one person sent me 3k the other 2k, so I had 5k. Immediately I went out, withdraw the money and bought garri, beans and bread. Thank God I had gas in my cylinder. That was how I became"rich" again.

Few days later, I went to my alma mater to enjoy my private time with nature since everyone else have traveled for Christmas holiday. So while alone, something strange happened; I got an sms that I have been selected for the federal government loan that I applied for. I clicked the linked and provided my BVN. Few days later I got alert of about 280k. That was how 2020 ended.

January 2021...
I cracked my brain on what type of business I could do with that money. While on that, feeding and some other expenses was sapping the money. In the end I settled for POS business. Being that I had spent most of the money on feeding, bills, repaying loans and acquiring everything needed for the business, I had just little money left for the business. I couldn't run the business myself because that my 10k job which later became 15k was very important to me; it had something I was looking for for the future, so I had to employ salesgirl that I would pay salaries to.

Now I needed loan to keep the business afloat. The emergence of UGM in Owerri made POS business risky so I was careful about collecting the loan. At the end of April, I felt it was the right time to collect the loan. A friend offered to loan me 150k in which I will pay 500 every single day till whenever I will return the capital (at his request). I agreed on collected the money on the 30th of April.

The big problem
On the 1st of may, my salesgirl was defrauded of 96k from the 150k. I sourced for money elsewhere to fund the business, and two months later on July, armed robbers attacked at broad daylight and collected everything. By October my salesgirl left, I employed another one but barely two weeks into the job, wayo people attacked her, collected all the money on her including my two ATM cards with her and the pin to the cards. Before her eye cleared, they have zeroed my account. That was November 2021

The testimony...

After all the disappointment and heartbreak, I am ending the year on a good note.

Firstly, I have just paid for a one bedroom apartment for two years in advance; paid for upholstery and will be fixing everything else before the end of this year. Remember the 15k job? It started yielding results already.

Secondly, apart from someone I'm owing 50k and federal government, I'm no longer owing anyone else.

Thirdly, I've found a love

NB
When you're broke, you don't reason normal. But please don't let desperation lead you into something bad. I've had to visit native doctor at a point...(check my post before this one). I would have considered suicide if not for my strong nature. But at last, I see hope.

Don't underestimate the power of the internet. Few thousands of naira for Facebook add was a major game changer for me.

When you're in bad situation, see it as a dark cloud that must give way for the sun at dawn. I do not have fat bank account; I may not even travel for Christmas, but I've moved from despair to hopefulness. If I could make it, YOU can make it.

Please share your 2021 experience with us in the comment section

9 Likes

Re: 2021: My Worst And My Best Year by chival(f): 10:16pm On Dec 10, 2021
Interesting. I am following closely. However, April has only 30 days. Please amend your dates.
Re: 2021: My Worst And My Best Year by BitterSoul(m): 10:20pm On Dec 10, 2021
chival:
Interesting. I am following closely. However, April has only 30 days. Please amend your dates.
thanks for the correction. I only know that it was the last day of April. I'll edit appropriately
Re: 2021: My Worst And My Best Year by NovesaTillie(f): 11:08pm On Dec 10, 2021
When there is life, there is hope.
May your path continue to Shine brighter and brighter..
Merry Christmas
Re: 2021: My Worst And My Best Year by Kelechi009: 11:23pm On Dec 10, 2021
Not the final statement I was expecting but okay. I never realized Facebook ads actually worked for people.

Are you still doing this POS business, I will advise you to stop. The risk is too high.

2 Likes

Re: 2021: My Worst And My Best Year by sageb: 12:26am On Dec 11, 2021
BitterSoul:
Hello nairalanders, this is one year and few weeks since I created this account. You all remember this post? https://www.nairaland.com/6249966/lamentations-bitter-man#95936848

Well the last days of 2020 was literally hell to me. Thanks to few people like pcguru1 (I don't know what happened to that Monika) that helped me to survive after reading the post above. God bless you wherever you are. Let me briefly tell my 2021 story so that everyone can learn.

The challenges
December 2020, I was as broke as harmattan forest. I left my 20k monthly job out of frustration few months earlier and just settled for a 10k monthly job because it has a future. I remember one day on the last week of December 2020, I had just N10 left with me, no food, no water and no hope. I'm that kind of person that can't ask for help unless anonymously. I was chatting with random old friends and one conversation led to another and in the end one person sent me 3k the other 2k, so I had 5k. Immediately I went out, withdraw the money and bought garri, beans and bread. Thank God I had gas in my cylinder. That was how I became"rich" again.

Few days later, I went to my alma mater to enjoy my private time with nature since everyone else have traveled for Christmas holiday. So while alone, something strange happened; I got an sms that I have been selected for the federal government loan that I applied for. I clicked the linked and provided my BVN. Few days later I got alert of about 280k. That was how 2020 ended.

January 2021...
I cracked my brain on what type of business I could do with that money. While on that, feeding and some other expenses was sapping the money. In the end I settled for POS business. Being that I had spent most of the money on feeding, bills, repaying loans and acquiring everything needed for the business, I had just little money left for the business. I couldn't run the business myself because that my 10k job which later became 15k was very important to me; it had something I was looking for for the future, so I had to employ salesgirl that I would pay salaries to.

Now I needed loan to keep the business afloat. The emergence of UGM in Owerri made POS business risky so I was careful about collecting the loan. At the end of April, I felt it was the right time to collect the loan. A friend offered to loan me 150k in which I will pay 500 every single day till whenever I will return the capital (at his request). I agreed on collected the money on the 30th of April.

The big problem
On the 1st of may, my salesgirl was defrauded of 96k from the 150k. I sourced for money elsewhere to fund the business, and two months later on July, armed robbers attacked at broad daylight and collected everything. By October my salesgirl left, I employed another one but barely two weeks into the job, wayo people attacked her, collected all the money on her including my two ATM cards with her and the pin to the cards. Before her eye cleared, they have zeroed my account. That was November 2021

The testimony...

After all the disappointment and heartbreak, I am ending the year on a good note.

Firstly, I have just paid for a one bedroom apartment for two years in advance; paid for upholstery and will be fixing everything else before the end of this year. Remember the 15k job? It started yielding results already.

Secondly, apart from someone I'm owing 50k and federal government, I'm no longer owing anyone else.

NB
When you're broke, you don't reason normal. But please don't let desperation lead you into something bad. I've had to visit native doctor at a point...(check my post before this one). I would have considered suicide if not for my strong nature. But at last, I see hope.

Don't underestimate the power of the internet. Few thousands of naira for Facebook add was a major game changer for me.

When you're in bad situation, see it as a dark cloud that must give way for the sun at dawn. I do not have fat bank account; I may not even travel for Christmas, but I've moved from despair to hopefulness. If I could make it, YOU can make it.

An interesting story
Pcguru1 deactivated his account and he is using a new moniker- qtguru
qtguru come and see your friend's story
Re: 2021: My Worst And My Best Year by BitterSoul(m): 6:00am On Dec 11, 2021
NovesaTillie:
When there is life, there is hope.
May your path continue to Shine brighter and brighter..
Merry Christmas
Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: 2021: My Worst And My Best Year by BitterSoul(m): 6:00am On Dec 11, 2021
sageb:

An interesting story
Pcguru1 deactivated his account and he is using a new moniker- qtguru
qtguru come and see your friend's story
Thanks
Re: 2021: My Worst And My Best Year by BitterSoul(m): 6:01am On Dec 11, 2021
Kelechi009:
Not the final statement I was expecting but okay. I never realized Facebook ads actually worked for people.

Are you still doing this POS business, I will advise you to stop. The risk is too high.
What were you expecting?
Re: 2021: My Worst And My Best Year by sisisioge: 7:32am On Dec 11, 2021
CONGRATULATIONS!

Please desist fro the POS business till further notice....to risky for you. Cheers to a better 2022!
Re: 2021: My Worst And My Best Year by Foodqueen(f): 7:53am On Dec 11, 2021
Thought you wanted to share the details exactly. shocked
Re: 2021: My Worst And My Best Year by BitterSoul(m): 8:09am On Dec 11, 2021
Foodqueen:
Thought you wanted to share the details exactly. shocked
Details of what?
Re: 2021: My Worst And My Best Year by BitterSoul(m): 8:10am On Dec 11, 2021
sisisioge:
CONGRATULATIONS!

Please desist fro the POS business till further notice....to risky for you. Cheers to a better 2022!
I've stopped
Re: 2021: My Worst And My Best Year by uncleck: 6:16pm On Dec 11, 2021
So the name has to change from bittersoul to happysoul, I guess?
Re: 2021: My Worst And My Best Year by ahnie: 6:39pm On Dec 11, 2021
Congratulations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2021: My Worst And My Best Year by Acidosis(m): 7:17pm On Dec 11, 2021
Congratulations @OP. The best is yet to come !

ahnie:
Congratulations

Hey ahnie,

So sorry to read your experiences with the travel agent. Keep pushing. Don't give up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2021: My Worst And My Best Year by edoman2016: 5:18am On Dec 12, 2021
BitterSoul:

The challenges

January 2021...

The big problem

The testimony...

NB

How was the sales conversion of the Facebook ad you did? Did it bring more sales to you? Cause I heard nowadays Facebook ad is a waste of money.

I am thinking of advertising my business too using Facebook ad. I want to learn about your experience using Facebook Ad if it worths it.
Re: 2021: My Worst And My Best Year by BitterSoul(m): 8:26am On Dec 12, 2021
edoman2016:

How was the sales conversion of the Facebook ad you did? Did it bring more sales to you? Cause I heard nowadays Facebook ad is a waste of money.

I am thinking of advertising my business too using Facebook ad. I want to learn about your experience using Facebook Ad if it worths it.

I work in the building sector. Facebook add gave me clients that paid for contracts worth millions of naira. In fact the very first week of running the add, my first client paid almost three million... Facebook add needs being creative.

I'm a very private person. I've revealed much about myself on with this Monika. If I spell out my business here people can easily reconcile it with my main Monika that has my face; my identity. That's why it seems like like I'm not being open with my business

1 Like

Re: 2021: My Worst And My Best Year by edoman2016: 9:34am On Dec 12, 2021
BitterSoul:

I work in the building sector. Facebook add gave me clients that paid for contracts worth millions of naira. In fact the very first week of running the add, my first client paid almost three million... Facebook add needs being creative.

I'm a very private person. I've revealed much about myself on with this Monika. If I spell out my business here people can easily reconcile it with my main Monika that has my face; my identity. That's why it seems like like I'm not being open with my business

Finally, bro please like how much did the Facebook advert cost you in total? And for like how many weeks did you run the facebook ad? I am contemplating on Facebook ad too for my business.

You don't need to reveal the nature of your business.
Re: 2021: My Worst And My Best Year by BitterSoul(m): 10:22am On Dec 12, 2021
edoman2016:

Finally, bro please like how much did the Facebook advert cost you in total? And for like how many weeks did you run the facebook ad? I am contemplating on Facebook ad too for my business.

You don't need to reveal the nature of your business.
Facebook add is cheap if you can customize it effectively. I've spent less than 7k so far. While customizing, I targeted people within my locality. I limited the age range between 30 and 60. I made my writeup very simple and catchy with just three pictures. I also linked my WhatsApp to the add.

From January I will make more extensive campaign

1 Like

Re: 2021: My Worst And My Best Year by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 12, 2021
This gives me some hope this morning
Re: 2021: My Worst And My Best Year by Saintmary(f): 11:58am On Dec 12, 2021
Following

1 Like

Re: 2021: My Worst And My Best Year by BitterSoul(m): 8:28pm On Dec 14, 2021
EmmBim:
This gives me some hope this morning
Hope is very essential. Sometimes you feel like it's the end of the road. But in just a twinkle of an eye, things can turn around

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fix The Mess Of A Thirsty Brother / I Need A Matured Mind To Talk To. I'm Losing My Mind. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.