Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,119 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny (3464 Views)

Our Shops Will Be Demolished Because Igbo Didn't Vote For APC — Alaba Shop Owner / Picture This: Ijaws Imagine If Igbos Didn't Have Oil And Gas[pictures] / The 40th Day Fidau Prayers For Abiola Ajimobi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by CaptainAyub: 4:15pm On Dec 11, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Igbo can't be political threat to Yoruba because they are not relevant politically .
Use this relevance and go and withdraw money in the bank

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by LegendHero(m): 4:15pm On Dec 11, 2021
OfoIgbo:

So Abiola won in one Igbo state.

Tell us which Yoruba state voted for Tofa/Sylvester Ugoh. None

This really shows the wickedness of the Yorubas towards the Igbos. First of all, Igbos gave Abiola one state, and gave the Kanuri/Igbo team, the other states, and Yorubas didn't see it fit to also vote for the Kanuri/Igbo team, and at least give them one state

LOL.

Bro the only thing you are able to reinforce is that the Ibos voted against Abiola while all southern states voted him.

Igbos are betrayals of the South. That is their story and what amazes me is that they do all that not because they have a clear path to power but just because they are bitter that they can’t measure up to the Yoruba politically so they just vote directionless out of hate.

Ever since you’ve been playing second fiddle to the Fulanis, what has the Ibo achieved? Did they give you guys power? Even Ojuku campaigned openly for Shagari only to be disgraced politically.

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by Tinubuadvocate: 4:16pm On Dec 11, 2021
The money you kept in the bank right useless boy.
CaptainAyub:

Use this relevance and go and withdraw money in the bank

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by seunmsg(m): 4:16pm On Dec 11, 2021
Igboid:

Show us where you ever gave an Igbo presidential or VP candidate 48% of votes!

Just once in your history!

You can expect from others what you never offered them.

We await!

Mention just one time in the history of Nigeria when the two major presidential candidates were from the north and south east.

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by horsepower102: 4:17pm On Dec 11, 2021
OfoIgbo:

This really shows the wickedness of the Yorubas towards the Igbos. First of all, Igbos gave Abiola one state, and gave the Kanuri/Igbo team, the other states, and Yorubas didn't see it fit to return the compliment and also vote for the Kanuri/Igbo team, and at least give them one state

Exactly !!!!!!

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:17pm On Dec 11, 2021
lmao , abiola after making such anti-igbo statement even even got plenty votes 4rm ndi-igbo. i dey surprised. fear yoruba media

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by alanto: 4:17pm On Dec 11, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Yoruba didn't voted Buhari because of Osinbajo we voted because we want change and development nothing less.
Of course. I’m only going by their assertion. Whom in their right sense will want Jonathan to continue seeing what Nigeria was experiencing at the time. And still I wonder why it is Igbo that are angry Yorubas didn’t vote an Ijaw man. I can’t fathom it at all.
Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by Tinubuadvocate: 4:18pm On Dec 11, 2021
Same way Azikiwe robbed Awolowo of his victory in 1963.yoruba should stop entertain this igbo people they hate you hate them too, they don't want good for Yoruba people very wicked people.
Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by LegendHero(m): 4:19pm On Dec 11, 2021
Igboid:

Show us where you ever gave an Igbo presidential or VP candidate 48% of votes!

Just once in your history!

You can't expect from others what you never offered them.

We await!

And by the way, Tofa was from Borno state, he was a Kanuri man, Abiola and Yorubas had no problem voting a Kanuri VP in Kinigbe Baba Gana! But Igbos voting a Kanuri president in Tofa should be an abomination?

Whether Kanuri, Fulani, or Nupe, the main thing is that the Ibos voted against Southern interest.

If you hadn’t been going around blaming Yoruba for 2015 now it would have been a different ball game. But you people are all around preaching hate of one Southern unity when you never practices the same anytime in your existence.

By the way, we don’t waste our votes. When has any Igbo man emerged as one of the contenders among the two leading parties?

So you expect the Yorubas to vote for the underdog third choice while losing the bargaining right in the politics of the top two? We are not stupid!

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by EraseTheDot: 4:19pm On Dec 11, 2021
Ibos have come again with their twisting. Nobody argued the results in Delta and Edo because they voted Abiola with a clear conscience. But una guilty conscience dey prickle you for voting your fulani master.

-erase the dot

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by seunmsg(m): 4:21pm On Dec 11, 2021
OfoIgbo:

This really shows the wickedness of the Yorubas towards the Igbos. First of all, Igbos gave Abiola one state, and gave the Kanuri/Igbo team, the other states, and Yorubas didn't see it fit to return the compliment and also vote for the Kanuri/Igbo team, and at least give them one state

How many Igbo states did the Awolowo/Umeadi ticket won in 1979?

I need you to answer the above question so that you can see how silly you sound.

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by Tinubuadvocate: 4:23pm On Dec 11, 2021
Bro igbo caused what Nigerians are going through from hands of this administration a Yoruba man brought Jonathan to lead the country without favoritism or sentiment but igbo that not do anything when Jonathan was caged by north brainwashed him after he appointed them .

Igbo destroyed Jonathan administration and finished the man politically.
alanto:

Of course. I’m only going by their assertion. Whom in their right sense will want Jonathan to continue seeing what Nigeria was experiencing at the time. And still I wonder why it is Igbo that are angry Yorubas didn’t vote an Ijaw man. I can’t fathom it at all.

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by Tranquillity360: 4:23pm On Dec 11, 2021
horsepower102:
So Yorubas have been lying about this all these years.

Honestly I am tired.
lying is their hobby.

What they do is to first accuse you whatever they are guilt of so that you won't accuse them of that.

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by EraseTheDot: 4:26pm On Dec 11, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
lmao , abiola after making such anti-igbo statement even even got plenty votes 4rm ndi-igbo. i dey surprised. fear yoruba media
It was good that Abiola spit pepper on ibo's face as a result of an ibo man, Nzeribe, working closely with the power that be to thwart his presidency. End of the day, Arthur Nzeribe succeeded in revealing the evils and betrayals of the ibos against the Yorubas.

- erase the dot

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by Tranquillity360: 4:26pm On Dec 11, 2021
princdebola201:
thats not the argument should tofa be winning more states in east than abiola in the first place? How can you claim you vote for someone that lost 3 out of 4 states?

The only region Abiola lost in southern Nigeria was south east region.
abiola won south west and south south convincingly
But your Abiola boosted that he can do without Igbos.

Can you as a yoruba man vote for Igbo man?

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by horsepower102: 4:27pm On Dec 11, 2021
Igboid:
Can Yorubas show us a presidential election, where they gave an Igbo presidential candidate or VP , 48% of the elections casted in SW while ignoring a Yoruba VP or president involved in same election?

For emphasis.

Zik was a presidential candidate in 1979 and 1983
And Ekwueme was the VP to Shagari in 1979 and 1983!
How many percentage of votes did Yorubas give these Igbo men?

Chuba Okadigbo was the VP to Buhari in 2003 and Ume-Ezeoka was Buhari VP in 2007!
How many percentage of votes did SW give these two Igbos?

How can Yorubas accuse Ndiigbo of things they are guilty of.
They cry that our 48% given to Abiola was too small, but they have never given an Igbo VP or presidential candidate up to 15% of votes cast in SW!

Isn't this hypocrisy!

Not even upto 10% talk less of 15%

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by EraseTheDot: 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2021
seunmsg:

I need you to answer the above question so that you can see how silly you sound.
He can't answer that. Ibos voted for Shagari against Awo.

- erase the dot

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by Tranquillity360: 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2021
seunmsg:

Spinning tales and calling us evil won’t change the truth. MKO lost in 3 out of the 4 Igbo states. Now, let’s imagine an election between Okonjo Iweala and Aminu Masari. How will you feel if Masari wins in 5 out of the 6 south west states? Crazy right? Yeah, that was exactly what happened in 1993.

To understand how silly the decision of you Igbos to vote against MKO was, Kano, the home state of Tofa voted massively for MKO. I mean, over 60% of Kano voters voted for MKO while he couldn’t get 50% in the south east. It is indefensible. It was the height of southern betrayal and we shall never forget.
But why the noise about Abiola,what's special about him?

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by OfoIgbo: 4:30pm On Dec 11, 2021
LegendHero:

LOL.

Bro the only thing you are able to reinforce is that the Ibos voted against Abiola while all southern states voted him.

Igbos are betrayals of the South. That is their story and what amazes me is that they do all that not because they have a clear path to power but just because they are bitter that they can’t measure up to the Yoruba politically so they just vote directionless out of hate.

Ever since you’ve been playing second fiddle to the Fulanis, what has the Ibo achieved? Did they give you guys power? Even Ojuku campaigned openly for Shagari only to be disgraced politically.

Please get your facts right. Tofa is not a Fulani man. He is a Kanuri man so your first propaganda is busted.

Igbos voted for their son, and still managed to have the decency of giving the Igbo-hating Abiola, an Igbo state.
Yorubas voted for their son, but gave no single state to the other team that has a southerner in it.

Yorubas are die-hard haters of Igbos. Can you imagine?

The same thing happened in 2015, when Yorubas had no problem in bringing in a dictator/terrorist as a president, just because they are jealous of the SS man that held the presidency. Yorubas knew that Buhari was much worse than GEJ, but Yorubas still voted for Buhari, the Fulani terrorist.

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by horsepower102: 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2021
From the information provided by igboid, I can infer that Abiola could have easily won the East if he didn’t tell igbos that he didn’t need their vote.

Abiola shot himself in the foot yet yorubas later blamed Igbos whom he openly disrespected.

The level of dishonesty from yorubas is scary sometimes.

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by seunmsg(m): 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2021
Tranquillity360:
But why the noise about Abiola,what's special about him?

This thread was opened by an Igbo man and not me. You should direct your question to him.

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by EraseTheDot: 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2021
Igboid:
Can Yorubas show us a presidential election, where they gave an Igbo presidential candidate or VP , 48% of the elections casted in SW while ignoring a Yoruba VP or president involved in same election?

For emphasis.

Zik was a presidential candidate in 1979 and 1983
And Ekwueme was the VP to Shagari in 1979 and 1983!
How many percentage of votes did Yorubas give these Igbo men?

Chuba Okadigbo was the VP to Buhari in 2003 and Ume-Ezeoka was Buhari VP in 2007!
How many percentage of votes did SW give these two Igbos?

How can Yorubas accuse Ndiigbo of things they are guilty of.
They cry that our 48% given to Abiola was too small, but they have never given an Igbo VP or presidential candidate up to 15% of votes cast in SW!

Isn't this hypocrisy!
Stop hiding behind Vice Presidency.

Tunde Bakare was also a vice presidential candidate to Buhari yet Yoruba didn't vote for him.

The bottom line is Abiola lost in the South east while your next door neighbors in Delta and Edo voted for his victory in their states.

- erase the dot

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by OfoIgbo: 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2021
seunmsg:

There were just two Igbo states then, and Zik was the presidential candidate of one of the parties. Ask yourself how many Yoruba states voted for Zik also?

Yorubas had four states to play around with, in 1979, but did not see it fit to give ZIk even one single state, especially as Zik could only rely on a paltry pair of Igbo states.

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by horsepower102: 4:37pm On Dec 11, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Exactly what I am saying. I am shocked he even got the amount of vote that he got. If you listen to Yoruba propaganda, you would think Abiola didn’t get upto 10% from Igbos.

Mind you yorubas have never given igbo presidential or VP candidate upto 15% of their vote throughout the existence of Nigeria. Yet they are accusing Igbos who gave their disrespectful candidate Abiola almost 50% and obasanjo who won twice.

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by aribisala0(m): 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
What anti Ibo staement did Abiiola make
Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by aribisala0(m): 4:45pm On Dec 11, 2021
horsepower102:
From the information provided by igboid, I can infer that Abiola could have easily won the East if he didn’t tell igbos that he didn’t need their vote.

Abiola shot himself in the foot yet yorubas later blamed Igbos whom he openly disrespected.

The level of dishonesty from yorubas is scary sometimes.
Do you have evidence for this claim
Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by Tranquillity360: 4:45pm On Dec 11, 2021
horsepower102:

Moving the goal post. But you guys have been saying Igbos didn’t support Abiola despite the fact that he got almost 50% of the votes.

Imagine if he didn’t say that he didn’t need igbo votes to win. Maybe he could have actually won in the east.

Yorubas. This people can make the devil look like an apprentice.
Devil is an apprentice where afonjas dey.

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by sweerychick(f): 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Yoruba didn't voted Buhari because of Osinbajo we voted because we want change and development nothing less.
your hypocrisy stinks to high heavens but I won't go tribal on you because I expect nothing more from an advocate. For the records you hypocrites only voted Buhari because of Osibanjo and 2023.. Even your smelly advocate once called Buhari an incompetent person and an agent of destabilization. I laugh when you folks thinks that north will fold their arms and handover power to you hypocrites just like that Even PMB is sceptical about your advocate, he's only playing for the cameras with him. 2023 go shock u because you don't know who you are dealing with.

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by aribisala0(m): 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2021
Tranquillity360:
But your Abiola boosted that he can do without Igbos.

Can you as a yoruba man vote for Igbo man?
Whene and when did this happen
Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by Positivepoint(m): 4:47pm On Dec 11, 2021
Igboid:
Another fact to be noted is that Tofa was not actually a Fulani, he was from Borno, from Kanuri tribe, likewise Abiola VP Kinigbe Baba Gana.
They were both Kanuri men.

So this whole Agenda of Yorubas where they claim that Igbos chose a Fulani in 1993 presidential elections is not true as Tofa was a Kanuri, and as you can see, despite Abiola rumoured sneer against Igbos where it was rumoured that he said he could do without Igbos, Abiola still got 48.35% of the votes casted in SE, in an election an Igbo son in Ugoh Sylvester was a VP to a major candidate in Tofa.
If anything Ndiigbo showed Political maturity in 1993 and Yorubas should be grateful for that. And not attempt to twist facts decades later.
Ndiigbo will fully appreciate it that Yorubas treat an Igbo presidential candidate or VP candidate the way Ndiigbo treat Abiola by giving such a candidate 48.35% of total amount of votes that would be cast in SW when the time comes, and atleast let such Igbo man win one vital SW state, for example Ogun, like Abiola won Anambra!

Bashir tofa is hausa Fulani his local government is Tofa in Kano state.

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by seunmsg(m): 4:49pm On Dec 11, 2021
OfoIgbo:

There were just two Igbo states then, and Zik was the presidential candidate of one of the parties. Ask yourself how many Yoruba states voted for Zik also?

Yorubas had four states to play around with, in 1979, but did not see it fit to give ZIk even one single state, especially as Zik could only rely on a paltry pair of Igbo states.

The part in bold has clearly exposed your hypocrisy. It was okay for Igbos to give all their states to ZIK against Awolowo/Umeadi but bad for Yorubas to give all their states to MKO against Tofa/Ugoh.

What’s wrong with Igbos giving one state to ZIK and the other to Awolowo/Umeadi? What’s wrong with Igbos supporting an all Southern ticket? At least, you can’t blame the Yorubas for not voting ZIK because his running mate, Ishaya Audu was a northerner. If ZIK’s running mate was a southerner, he would have won at least a Yoruba state.

Awolowo had an Igbo running mate and you couldn’t spare him one Igbo state but you want Yorubas to vote for Tofa/Ugoh against MKO. I’m sure you can now see how silly and illogical your argument sounds. You have only exposed your hypocrisy.

Re: Igbos Didn't Vote For Abiola: Separating Facts From Calumny by tollyboy5(m): 4:51pm On Dec 11, 2021
horsepower102:

You guys are just pure evil. All these years you all have been spinning the propaganda that Igbos didn’t vote for Abiola.

Only to find out that he almost got 50% of the Igbo vote despite the inflammatory statement that he made about igbos.

Igbos also voted for obasanjo despite his role in the civil war.

You guys are just evil. Let’s call it what it is.
What are you saying?

Did Yoruba not also voted atiku?

Pdp won oyo state and igbos said we voted buhari simply because more southwest state were won.

So abiola lost in Igbo land over a mr nobody .simple

Nigeria External Debt Forgiveness: Where Do We Go From Here? / Yaradua now admits he is sick and needs a kidney while ministers keep lying... / Lagos - Benin Exp Way Masacre

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63