Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding (18567 Views)

Some Tricks Guys Use In Luring Females Into Sex / Mummy G.O: There’s A Code In Sperm Which Demons Can Use To Access Your Destiny / Church Members Flog The Devil With Canes In Church (Pics, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by davirossi(m): 7:12am On Dec 12, 2021
According to God's word the plan and ministry of the devil is in three folds, to kill, steal and to destroy. But the confidence we have God has given us a means to stand our guard against him.
In the book of 2Corinthians 2:11 the Niv version.
in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.
You must be aware of his schemes so you can defeat him or chase him far from you. And I listed four schemes/devices the devil can use to keep you stagnant

1. Sleep: the old fool will always make you think you can never get enough sleep. You can sleep the whole afternoon and still sleep in the night.

2. Procrastination: The false hope of thinking there is still time. The old fool will always make you feel you can get it done at anytime but not at the moment. he will make you relax for no reason.

3. Food: Gluttony is one of the deadliest sin God hates even. Too much food weakens your mind, even your body. You can hardly think when your stomach is over full. The old fool will always make you think without food you can do nothing.

4. Making you think God is talking to you: the devil can come into your mind and make you feel that you're listening to the voice of the Holy Spirit and by so doing giving you false hope and making you to relax and loose guard before he strikes.

Counter Measures you can you use to fight and defend yourself.

Against sleep: if you sleep throughout the afternoon then by all means be awake in the midnight till atleast 2am. Either you pray, read a book or watch a video on success on YouTube.

Against Procrastination: put pressure on yourself at all time. Every task must be completed instantly even as simple as to watch your clothes.

Against Food: Control your appetite, if you're hungry then by all means eat something if not relax and meditate on the word of God you want understanding and clarity on.

Against false voice: read and spend quality time reading the Bible because the voice behind the text of the scriptures is the voice of God when you become familiar with it then you can know when God is talking to you.

Fight against vain thoughts too, versions of old you, old habits. You have to continuously move away from such thoughts and imaginations.

83 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by AntiChristian: 7:19am On Dec 12, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by BMathew: 7:33am On Dec 12, 2021
You've done an outstanding work up there @OP.
The most devastating one is number 4.
An idle mind is the devil's workshop, never allow Satan to think through your thoughts.
Shalom

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by DropsMic(m): 8:33am On Dec 12, 2021
Typical blacks... Always blaming the devil, never themselves.

We blacks must have sense by force or perish.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by Baawaa(m): 8:34am On Dec 12, 2021
In summary we should deal with power of flesh,majority of us might have observe this,ordinarily you may not eat till 2pm and nothing will happened but the moment you have intention of fasting before 10am TV remote will be looking like gala in your eyes.May Almighty God make us to be wiser than our enemies

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by Omicron007: 8:34am On Dec 12, 2021
shocked

Don't fail to mention 30K BMC Zombie funds.
Once you collect that money, your life is doomed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by DoctorDree(m): 8:34am On Dec 12, 2021
Hmmmmm
Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by whytediamond(m): 8:35am On Dec 12, 2021
Majority of my people do not own up to their mistakes and sin. We quickly pass it on to an imaginary being (satan).

Ask me why I put hand for my mama pot of soup thief meat, I go tell you say na Satan. grin

What a people. grin

5 Likes

Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by dake40(m): 8:35am On Dec 12, 2021
Superstitions

2 Likes

Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 12, 2021
Stop blaming the devil..have you ever seen him?all you mentioned are your problems and can only be resolved by yourself..

2 Likes

Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by Benrosaria(m): 8:35am On Dec 12, 2021
davirossi:
According to God's word the plan and ministry of the devil is in three folds, to kill, steal and to destroy. But the confidence we have God has given us a means to stand our guard against him.
You must be aware of his schemes so you can defeat him or chase him far from you. And I listed four schemes/devices the devil can use to keep you stagnant

1. Sleep: the old fool will always make you think you can never get enough sleep. You can sleep the whole afternoon and still sleep in the night.

2. Procrastination: The false hope of thinking there is still time. The old fool will always make you feel you can get it done at anytime but not at the moment. he will make you relax for no reason.

3. Food: Gluttony is one of the deadliest sin God hates even. Too much food weakens your mind, even your body. You can hardly think when your stomach is over full. The old fool will always make you think without food you can do nothing.

4. Making you think God is talking to you: the devil can come into your mind and make you feel that you're listening to the voice of the Holy Spirit and by so doing giving you false hope and making you to relax and loose guard before he strikes.

Against sleep: if you sleep throughout the afternoon then by all means be awake in the midnight till atleast 2am. Either you pray, read a book or watch a video on success on YouTube.

Against Procrastination: put pressure on yourself at all time. Every task must be completed instantly even as simple as to watch your clothes.

Against Food: Control your appetite, if you're hungry then by all means eat something if not relax and meditate on the word of God you want understanding and clarity on.

Against false voice: read and spend quality time reading the Bible because the voice behind the text of the scriptures is the voice of God when you become familiar with it then you can know when God is talking to you.

Fight against vain thoughts too, versions of old you, old habits. You have to continuously move away from such thoughts and imaginations.

Better say the tricks you use to Bleep with another soul, cause Na only you fit think this rubbish wey you fit do person.

I didn’t try to read this post
Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by BigDawsNet: 8:35am On Dec 12, 2021
How does the devil greet people?

Hell-O shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by FlipModeSquade(m): 8:35am On Dec 12, 2021
Ahh!

The Devil..

The good ol' boogeyman..

Originator of all sins and transgressions..

When things go south..

It's never your fault..

Just blame it on the devil..

The devil made me do it.. sad

4 Likes

Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 12, 2021
DropsMic:
Typical blacks... Always blaming the devil, never themselves
I tire boss..

4 Likes

Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by RoyalBoutique(m): 8:36am On Dec 12, 2021
GonzalezAguero:
Stop blaming the devil..have you ever seen him?all you mentioned are your problems and can only be resolved by yourself..

DropsMic:

I tire o.

He's even calling the devil an old fool like he's talking about one of his guys.

Ask yourself why the Bible God told Noah to build an ark because he wanted to flood the whole world because of too many sins.

But sin still exists today.

Yet Christians don't question their faith.

3 Likes

Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by Benrosaria(m): 8:36am On Dec 12, 2021
DropsMic:

Hypocrites loving/ even believing in a thing called god, who does that?

1 Like

Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by Latakia(f): 8:37am On Dec 12, 2021
The Devil is always on his own and yet people always put the blame on him. Se na Devil say make Nnmadi Kanu go look for Olosho for Kenya? grin

5 Likes

Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by Seniorwriter(m): 8:37am On Dec 12, 2021
@OP it's more productive to retrospect on your actions daily and make positive adjustment rather put the blame on the devil(Dabolo).

davirossi:

Life is about your choices.

@Seniorwriter

1 Like

Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by dodoatirice: 8:40am On Dec 12, 2021
Abeg getat!
Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 12, 2021
No 1 has cost me alot of times..but I keep my faith in God
Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by Buliwyf: 8:41am On Dec 12, 2021
Religious people and clownish claims.

We know that successful people are the less likely to be religious or believe in a god. So why would the devil try to stop you from succeeding when he could easily get you by making you succeed?

If anything we can say the brand of god that Nigerian christians worship is the one that doesn't want them to succeed since they number of church goers and Christians is usually proportional to the amount of economic deprivation and lack going on at a particular time in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by Skillsnigeria: 8:41am On Dec 12, 2021
Noted
Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by DannyWalker: 8:45am On Dec 12, 2021

I personally don't think the devil is stopping you from succeeding... He wants you to succeed so he can use your vanity against you... Power, wealth, fame and women are basically all the devils need to finish a man, all they get to do is pick the one that fits you then destroy a man with it...

I made a video on my YouTube about a man who encounters a strange girl who exposed his hypocrisy and gave him a shocker...

Link in my signature below... Please subscribe thanks

Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by Trendingbiz042: 9:03am On Dec 12, 2021
Which devil? Have you seen devil before. Very unfortunate and disgusting to see how our youths are becoming very unproductive. No matter nothing is working in Nigeria. Every young person is so concerned about Religion yet wallowing in abject poverty. Christianity have destroyed most of you. The western world destroyed Africa with religion. It pisses me off to see how young people who are supposed to think like beings are not. The western world made you believe devil exists in Africa. They made you believe we are devils and theirs are savior. Until we start emancipating from this brainwashed religion, many will remain deeply in darkness.

6 Likes

Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by Workch: 9:04am On Dec 12, 2021
Devil doesn’t exist.
Devil is a figment created by inventors of Christianity, so the sheeples can always have a reason to patronize the enterprise. If there’s no problem (Devil), you can’t make a solution (Christianity).

If I ask for evidence for devil now, all I will get are long irrelevant stories that aims at avoiding to provide the evidence.

The contraption called “devil” has to be relevant for Christianity to sell, if you remove the devil from the story, it becomes hard to sell the enterprise.

6 Likes

Re: Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding by DabuIIIT: 9:10am On Dec 12, 2021
davirossi:

Thanks and God bless.. vain thoughts is really a big problem for Christians..God help me

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 57th Birthday Today / How Can One Know He Or She Has Emere/marine Spirit? / -_-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.