Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,451 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos) (25749 Views)

AAU Medicine Student Tasked To Build University Hostel. / Condition Of Rivers State University Hostel: Pics & Video / Man Disguised As A woman, Sneaked Into Female University Hostel In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos) by Akerele44(m): 2:01pm On Dec 12, 2021
No dey bring gas cooker and Hot plate come hostel dem no go hear word..am 99% sure that's will b the cause of the fire

1 Like

Re: Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos) by manuelkel(m): 2:06pm On Dec 12, 2021
This is indeed harmattan.
Let's be conscious of our environment.
Rip to the dead

1 Like

Re: Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos) by BarrElChapo(m): 2:07pm On Dec 12, 2021
Odetokun3:
May her soul and souls of all faithfuls who had departed, rest in perfect peace!

Amen

1 Like

Re: Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos) by verybadmouth(m): 2:09pm On Dec 12, 2021
Guess they were cooking inside the room. RIP kid

1 Like

Re: Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos) by Wiifesnatcher(m): 2:12pm On Dec 12, 2021
cry cry cry cry

may we not be a victim of circumstances. rest in peace
Re: Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos) by Chochovini: 2:19pm On Dec 12, 2021
Funkyswagzz:
Is there any day we will read news without seeing death??
. That‘s cuz people dies on daily basis. Many of which are under some unpalatable circumstances.

1 Like

Re: Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos) by Originalsly: 2:27pm On Dec 12, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Someone unconscious from smoke inhalation will still be breathing. The article said she was far asleep. I said likely unconscious from smoke inhalation.

The video does not disprove that.

No doubt .... but I'm thinking how fast asleep can one be to not wake up after inhaling smoke? That's not normal. Is it she was under the influence?.... alcohol?... drugs/sleeping pills? ... was it suicide? ... they need to investigate. Just hope hostels can enforce no cooking in room rules ... but at the same time have a well equipped kitchen.

1 Like

Re: Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos) by majesty199: 2:30pm On Dec 12, 2021
300 free airtime with SHAREit lite app��

Step Involved

1. Download the SHAREit lite app on playstore

2. Open the app, at the bottom right you'll see gift � icon. Click on it

3. Sign in with either your Google mail or phone number

4. After successful sign in, click on friends code and *input 17385* to earn your first 6000 points. Then another 25 treasure boxes that you will have to open to earn you another thousands of points.

5. Tap on redeem, you'll be redirected to a page where you choose recharge amount of choice. After that, you'll be ask to input phone number you wanted to top up.

6. Tap Okay, then you've successfully recharged��

Tested and confirmed �No dulling
Re: Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos) by ignis: 2:54pm On Dec 12, 2021
Odetokun3:
May her soul and souls of all faithfuls who had departed, rest in perfect peace!

What if she's not faithful ?
Re: Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos) by Odetokun3(m): 2:58pm On Dec 12, 2021
ignis:

What if she's not faithful ?

I prayed for her souls separately and other faithfuls separately.

Let the dead rest
Re: Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos) by Elidrisy20: 3:02pm On Dec 12, 2021
This country seriously need prayers
Re: Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos) by tarantino1: 3:48pm On Dec 12, 2021
RIP!

Reminds me of how patchy patchy wiring caused fire in my room back then in Uniben Block E 300 series.

I was sleeping at the top bunk directly under the wire that caught fire. Nobody even wake me, na peole wey dey shout fire fire na wake me from my deep sleep.

The way I fly komot the up bunk come down I no even know.
Re: Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos) by Benrosaria(m): 3:52pm On Dec 12, 2021
Sigggy:
Read Previous Thread : https://www.nairaland.com/6890465/one-dies-fire-guts-taraba

The identity of the female that died in taraba state University, Jalingo has been revealed to be Miss Emuseh Lawi, a 100 level student from Donga LGA, Siggy report.

Recall that Siggy reported that there was a fire outbreak at Zenith Hostel in the Taraba State University (TSU) which left a female student burnt beyond recognition.

Enuseh Lawi, the 100-level student of Tourism, from Donga Local Government of Taraba State lost her life when fire destroyed some part of the female Hostel of the University, popularly called Zenith Hostel.

It was gathered that when the fire started at the room of the victim, she was far asleep, it took the effort of the other females in the hostel to break in the room and bring herr out, she was later Confirm dead at the Federal Medical Centre Jalingo.

The fire which effect some part of the hostel damage properties and other valuables belonging to students.

It took the collective effort of the female students in the hostel and Security men at the University to bring the fire under control.

https://campusnews.medium.com/identity-of-female-student-burnt-to-death-in-taraba-university-revealed-photos-f8164548b667

Is this hostel or refugee camp ?? The country I live in

1 Like

Re: Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos) by Bodinya: 4:42pm On Dec 12, 2021
Very unfortunate. I also witnessed the incident as well.
Re: Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos) by EndBuhariNow(m): 9:36pm On Dec 12, 2021
That's why oyimbo no dey too put bugler proof for house rip
Re: Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos) by rezy15(m): 9:44pm On Dec 12, 2021
I hope no be murder covered up by starting a fire. Naija weh no go do autopsy
Re: Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos) by Raychee(f): 12:23am On Dec 13, 2021
Originalsly:

No doubt .... but I'm thinking how fast asleep can one be to not wake up after inhaling smoke? That's not normal. Is it she was under the influence?.... alcohol?... drugs/sleeping pills? ... was it suicide? ... they need to investigate. Just hope hostels can enforce no cooking in room rules ... but at the same time have a well equipped kitchen.

Breathing in just a little amount of smoke can make you disoriented. Now when you're asleep, your sense organs, in this case your nose is not really at alert. Before you can gather enough information to sense that you're in danger, the smoke and the toxic gases produced simultaneously causes asphyxiation rendering you unconscious.
The person may not wake up in time to escape.
You do not need to be in deep sleep for this to happen.
And i think it is safe to say all university hostels has a rule against cooking inside the rooms. Students just choose to do otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Enuseh Lawi: Female Student Dies In Taraba State University Hostel Fire (Photos) by Originalsly: 1:16am On Dec 13, 2021
Raychee:

Breathing in just a little amount of smoke can make you disoriented. Now when you're asleep, your sense organs, in this case your nose is not really at alert. Before you can gather enough information to sense that you're in danger, the smoke and the toxic gases produced simultaneously causes asphyxiation rendering you unconscious.
The person may not wake up in time to escape.
You do not need to be in deep sleep for this to happen.
And i think it is safe to say all university hostels has a rule against cooking inside the rooms. Students just choose to do otherwise.

True.... disorientation ..... then the smoke .....and the panic may be the cause for her not getting out. One time I shut the light off in a small room.... one bed ... one table ... one chair... it became pitch black ... turned around twice.... a room in which I was staying .... all to see how quickly I can find my way out in case of blackout and an emergency. It took me about ten minutes ....... to stumble on the light switch. I couldn't believe I couldn't find the door! So who knows?.... maybe disorientation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

N1m For Business Or Free Education: Which One Will You Choose? / Kaduna Adopts Finland Education System; To Pay Teachers More – El-Rufai / 49-Year-Old UNIJOS Political Science Student Dies Few Days After Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.