Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. - Nairaland / General (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. (33569 Views)

What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot / Mention One Thing Nobody Taught You How To Do But You Can Do Perfectly Well / Mention One Thing Nobody Taught You How To Do But You Can Do It Very Well?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by SamPeeLamen(m): 8:06am On Dec 15, 2021
Alcohol... I never should have tasted that sh*t. Now I'm in trouble and I can't seem to get out.

1 Like

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by smartr: 8:24am On Dec 15, 2021
SamPeeLamen:
Alcohol... I never should have tasted that sh*t. Now I'm in trouble and I can't seem to get out.

Just alcohol?
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Singleone461: 9:29am On Dec 15, 2021
Paramount01:

At what age?
I gave birth @ 21.
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by zolajpower: 9:29am On Dec 15, 2021
Kriss216:
I once dated a Nigerian girl...almost made me lose my sanity.

If you're dating a Nigerian girl, I salute you. You're one of the few bravest men on earth.
I swear no be lie oo ..... If you no want die early leave nija women

1 Like

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by emkz: 9:31am On Dec 15, 2021
One regret I had was not cutting off certain people sooner. I did cut them off and sometimes brutally. But I'd have felt better if I had done it sooner.

6 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 15, 2021
emkz:
One regret I had was not cutting off certain people sooner. I did cut them off and sometimes brutally. But I'd have felt better if I had done it sooner.
I understand this so well
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Philip4564(m): 12:05pm On Dec 15, 2021
ifeolamide00:
Lol i really dont talk about this but since its a faceless app..i think i can spill it and not feel bad

Been born in a poor family is one of the greatest blow life hit me with...so so poor family...finished secondary school and applied for university...folks dosent have even enough for the acceptance fee to thier name...so they took loans
My fees and expenses were on loan sharks...every Wednesday is a bad day in our lives..its either folks are running helter skelter to pay or their been disgraced...i have older sis and 2kid sis..it was rough and tough..i still wonder how people from familes like this concetrate in school..loans and repayment has always been my worries...nothing enter ls my head..while in secondary school i was one of the best...but in uni i was one of the worst..i pass my courses only when i get help...so i met this girl ..she was the angel that helped me survive feeding in school..she made sure eating wasn't a problem..and at some point we started to date because i honestly have nothing else to offer her aside love,care and my body...so i reliedband trusted her 100...at some point, babygirl got tired and fedup ,so she broke up...lol...that killed me and everything around me because it was an exam period...so i failed woefully, so bad that i had to switch department and let go of a whole academic year...the next year the governor of my state hiked the school fee over a hundred percent...so life got tougher, regrets over regrets...i wanted to die...thanks to family for love and care...now am out of school over 2yrs now but funds wont let me clear my results....i learnt graphics designing and am good at it..but there is a lot of pain i couldnt explain in there...omo i suffered in this life ...but when you see me,I'd be smilling and cracking jokes like everything is fine...if not for what would happen to my fams..suicide would have been the best way ....and yes along the line i was hustling and doing ine or two things too but only enough for sub ,bike fees and card...life is hard and cruel to me and my folks....
LIFE IS SO CRUEL AND HARD ON ME AND MY FOLKS
dad from loan sharks an all built and a house without windows ,just enough roof for a room ..no doors,no.plaster
And they live there ...hes an okada rider now,since his job doesnt pay .

I'm suffering,hustling and my folks are doing the same
Its getting tougher by the day
The only thing anyone can do for me now is?
If you have graphics and printing job,i swear i can deliver
If you have ways or updates that can help my life,pls help a brother and i promise to be grateful all my life
And i would like to be an actor too..if you love entertainment and would like to invest in someone, i swear am good too..0,8,1,0,8,1,0,1,0,4,2
bro you attended AAUA??
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Raalsalghul: 1:03pm On Dec 15, 2021
ezechi24:

the mistake most poor people has is the notion that going to school will eventually uplift u from porverty ..well it might be true in some part of the world but over here in africa most especially nigeria the case is different ....if you had divoted the time u used in going to school into learning a hand work like tailoring, mechanic, welding, carpentry and a whole lot of them i tell you by now you would not be here pitying yourself ....well youve made a mistake now you have learnt your lessons and do not try to do what your father did by borrowing money to send you to school....try and understand life...who go school and who no go school get thesame goal and thats chasing money.....my children no go try am go university exept the one wey wan learn medicine or nursing any other one go learn work when them finish i use the money they'ld have used to go to scvhool to settle them.

I agree with this, but they need a secondary education at least just in case they decide to upgrade later.

But short term, the focus should be on learning skills.

4 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by ezechi24(m): 1:21pm On Dec 15, 2021
Raalsalghul:

I agree with this, but they need a secondary education at least just in case they decide to upgrade later.

But short term, the focus should be on learning skills.

of course ...theyll go to school for sure ......but if its not a professional course like medicine, nursing, pharmacy or any other professional courses exept engineering they go learn a skill.
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by SeaTrade(m): 1:58pm On Dec 15, 2021
emmaodet:

You regretted not finishing school to diving into business?
Yes.
I should be doing bigger things ,not trading.

3 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by BePrepared: 2:10pm On Dec 15, 2021
Paramount01:

How old are u now?

Above 30
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by emmaodet: 2:14pm On Dec 15, 2021
SeaTrade:
Yes.
I should be doing bigger things ,not trading.

Hmmmmmmm

Bigger things like what? You care to share?
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by ifeolamide00(m): 2:22pm On Dec 15, 2021
Yeah
Philip4564:
bro you attended AAUA??
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by A305: 3:05pm On Dec 15, 2021
Kelvinnnn:
Once met a girl that truly loved me for who i am(in my uniben days),always wanting to be with me at all times but it got into my head,met her as a virgin,treated her like trash,cried severally cos of me..fast forward to now ,she relocated with her parents to canada nd has a good job there,shes doing very well....ive severally woken up to several credit alerts (ranging from 100k /250k)from her for no just reasons,i feel so bad knowing well i didnt treat her well in the past,i regret it all ,if only i can turn bk the hands of time,she knows im currently suffering and sends me money without me asking...mhen i really f up with this babe..she would be getting married next year tho....
Trust me man. She is still yours.

What you succeeded in doing in the past were 2 things;

1- Ingraining your footprint in her life when you disvirgined her.

2 - Robbed her of her whole self esteem by treating her like trash (she allowed it).

Following those two reasons, she will never forget about you in this life and will always have a place in her heart for you.

Her forthcoming marriage is mere formality to cementing her feminine success, I can bet my last, she loves you far more than who she is getting married to. Otherwise, you would have never gotten a dime from her but she continues to do it willingly without asking — what does that tells you? You still have a subliminal effect on her.

Get your life in order with the money she is sending you and be ready to go into an e-affair/long distance affair with her if you two still keep in touch after she finally married.

Then if you level up financially in the future, trust me, she would come back to Nigeria to always spend time with you.

Women are predictable creatures.

5 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by A305: 3:19pm On Dec 15, 2021
Moye04:
It's a faceless forum so no need for lies. I have just been reading people's experiences and i just couldn't help it. People have gone through alot in this wicked world oo. Hmmm me ehn. I don't just know the kind of heart God gave me, i can't see someone in pain or need and not help them even when me self I'm in need oo. I can forgo my own need and help someone who is in need before thinking of how my own need will be met. I have done that countless times and now when i make a call to people for one help or the other, everybody disappears. I hardly get help from people. Ha! It can be very painful oo. Sometimes tears drops my eyes that how can things be hard for me like this especially when i lost my dad recently. Many atimes it makes me want to be hard but i can't. Presently i'm trying to get an accommodation, i have a little amount just to get the balance and make the payment has become a challenge for weeks now. It is well. God is my reward.
My dad has the same behavior as you.

This reason why people like you exist is because human being are connected by mole (check chemistry for mole definition).

Now people like you easily empathize and sympatize, always putting yourself in position of the victim. But Machevelli philosophy teaches that to be a big mistake.

You need to toughen up for the survivor game called life. You either prey on your fellow man or be the prey of your fellow man to survive.

1 Like

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Raalsalghul: 3:20pm On Dec 15, 2021
noble2faith:

The same thing I recently curbed! The girl is literally gifted, as in the girl can write different genres of plays and novels. Her mother wanted her to be in science because she wanted her to be a medical doctor.

The girl came to me crying; she told me her ordeal. I had to raise this issue in PTA meeting we had and condemned the action of parents imposing career in the life of their children simply because they are the ones sponsoring their children's education. I gave them lot of real life examples where parents who did similar thing regretted their action.

I was so happy that the person I was directing the message to eventually reverted her actions.

Wow, thanks very much for acting.
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by bigcee(m): 4:06pm On Dec 15, 2021
Rrchrd:
To Opened a laundary shop in a street that about two boys were doing it @home unknowingly to me
Very sad.
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by bigcee(m): 4:09pm On Dec 15, 2021
Ajione:
It was hell,
9 years ago I was giving a visa to travel out the country. Sell out all my business share to my friend we do business together. About to travel, I discovered my girl is three month pregnant. And she pleaded I have to stay back because the family and friends will think the baby doesn't have a father.
Because of love I stay back and start from the beginning. Since then life has being difficult. We later got married but she dey give me original problem.
She got a good job and pride came in and oppresse alot.
Greatest mistake of my life.
You really lose guard oh. I pray you get back on your feet.
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by noble2faith(m): 4:18pm On Dec 15, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Wow, thanks very much for acting.

Don't mention
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Philip4564(m): 4:35pm On Dec 15, 2021
ifeolamide00:
Yeah
I graduated from the school this year and I'm currently hustling in Akure..it's not been easy brother may God bless our hustle

2 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Dikeee: 6:40pm On Dec 15, 2021
Hmm
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by SeaTrade(m): 7:09pm On Dec 15, 2021
emmaodet:

Hmmmmmmm

Bigger things like what? You care to share?
Holding reputable positions in multinationals or being a professional in North America.
Stress free trust me,trading is hell on earth.
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by SoapQueen(f): 8:49pm On Dec 15, 2021
emmaodet:

At the bolded is true.
I don’t even know if to call mine a regret or mistake.
Among my colleagues, we all decided to raise money and travel to UK to upgrade our license to foreign one and that was 5-8 years ago.
Most did and it cost around 7m then for a year program in UK but I decided to venture into biz with mine.
Though I have learnt a lot about business during that time but it failed I lost the money and struggled for a long time while my friends are back.
Then, early this year the industry changed.
Saudi Arabia started employing Nigerians mostly with foreign tickets and my mates are earning 5m naira monthly presently.
Can you imaging that, 5 foocking million naira every Blessed 30 foocking days.
That is crazy
I mean crazy. Really absurd.
Thinking about that money sef they burst my head. Have been thinking how my life would have been earning such outrageous money. How my life would have turned drastically.
Nobody saw the future, nobody knew a day like this would come.
I have deduced from all these that it is better to be prepare for an opportunity but didn’t come rather than for the opportunity to come but not prepared.
I feel guilty and my souls aches because deep down I know I could have done better and I have no excuse for not because I had the time and resources to do it then.
Now it is looking like too late.
This foreign course now cost between 12m to -5m due to naira devaluation.
Those guys would be earning at least 40m per year while I may only make 25% of that from my present job.
It is well and the only consolation now is that I believe my business will flourish sha.

Oh wow! This is quite a surprising read. And I feel quite sorry for you. God will visit you for all the you've lost and I pray that you get them back in triple folds.

Ahead, can I be truthful to you? I'm of the belief that "everybody come life with their own different leg"

Take for example, (sorry if this comes off as insensitive) the youth Corp member who redeployed from Maiduguri to Lagos State, (God bless her soul), and met her untimely death at the collapsed 20 something storeyed building. If she hadn't been granted the redeployment, she probably would have cried or lamented about not making it to Lagos, but it would have been God sparing her life. Again, may God rest her blessed soul.

Do you know if God was protecting you from something terrible in those countries? God makes no mistakes.

25% of 40m in a year is 10m. That's a killing, too!

Be grateful for what you have. Gratitude moves God.

All the best.

6 Likes

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Nova1988(m): 12:30am On Dec 16, 2021
Szilard:

Ha, I follow em back to back! wink

you're a real nigga!
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by emmaodet: 4:27am On Dec 16, 2021
SeaTrade:
Holding reputable positions in multinationals or being a professional in North America.
Stress free trust me,trading is hell on earth.

Hmmmmmm
Life sha. What faces you backs another person.
What you are tired of is another man’s envy.
Bro but you are not doing bad.
Thank God for everything.
I am even thinking of pulling out from the coperate world while you are envying it.
It is better to be able to make 2m per month by yourself than to be paid 2m working for a company or an organization.

1 Like

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by emmaodet: 4:30am On Dec 16, 2021
SoapQueen:

Oh wow! This is quite a surprising read. And I feel quite sorry for you. God will visit you for all the you've lost and I pray that you get them back in triple folds.

Ahead, can I be truthful to you? I'm of the belief that "everybody come life with their own different leg"

Take for example, (sorry if this comes off as insensitive) the youth Corp member who redeployed from Maiduguri to Lagos State, (God bless her soul), and met her untimely death at the collapsed 20 something storeyed building. If she hadn't been granted the redeployment, she probably would have cried or lamented about not making it to Lagos, but it would have been God sparing her life. Again, may God rest her blessed soul.

Do you know if God was protecting you from something terrible in those countries? God makes no mistakes.

25% of 40m in a year is 10m. That's a killing, too!

Be grateful for what you have. Gratitude moves God.

All the best.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
I understand you sha and I am grateful but you know a mouth will always be a mouth.
Always complaining forgetting all the good things God had done in the past.
It is ok

1 Like

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by ifeanyi10059(m): 10:50am On Dec 16, 2021
Tzar:
Marrying the wrong woman & birthing my kids through her. The signs were all there, but I thought people deserve a benefit of the doubt … now I know better.

Pls what are the signs you saw so that we can learn from your mistakes

1 Like

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by Tzar(m): 12:33pm On Dec 16, 2021
The red flags for me may not be for you. Every individual has different tolerance to these things. For me, below are the things I experienced but overlooked :
1. Her mum was an aggressive, possessive, once divorced drunk. She wasn’t any of those while we dated, so I felt I can’t judge her by her mum. I was wrong, she ended up making most of the same mistakes her mum made. If you want a snapshot of how your fiancée will turn out as a wife, check the mum. This is accurate 60-70% of the time. I didn’t believe it until it happened to me.
2. Never rush into marriage just because a woman got pregnant for you. She can keep the baby if you want, take care of the child, but never let it be a yardstick for marriage. Immediately she got pregnant, I rushed into marriage thinking that was the best response, it was not.
3. Watch her relationship with your family carefully & dispassionately. She always avoided my family while we dated, especially my mum & sisters. She ended up making them enemies throughout our marriage.
4. I never saw her being homely and domestic in their house, but she was like a cleaning machine in my house. All na wash! When we got married, I realized I married a lazy and dirty woman who expects a housemaid to do everything.
5. I always caught her with small lies while we dated. Those lies became huge unforgivable lies in marriage.
6. While I did everything to make her comfortable while dating, she NEVER spent a kobo on me. I was ok with that until I had financial challenges in marriage. She never worked & I was giving a pocket money from where she saved money that ran into over 200k. While I was crying on how to raise 50k for feeding the home she hid this savings from me until I found out. NEVER MARRY A WOMAN WHO IS NOT FINANCIALLY COMMITTED TO YOU.
7. She and her mum were always physically fighting her step siblings. She wanted to bring all that into our marriage. She even begged me to beat her up once saying it strengthens love, can you imagine? Any girl that got close to me then will get into a brawl with her behind my back. After two slaps from her in marriage & many other things she did that you can only see in nollywood movies, I divorced her ass before she made me a murderer.

ifeanyi10059:

Pls what are the signs you saw so that we can learn from your mistakes

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by lolu2019: 2:59pm On Dec 16, 2021
Ochemicals:
Meeting the devil herself.
"The devil is female"
Ran away and left two kids. 1 and 3 years.
Been taking care of them myself ever since. Now they're 4 & 6 years.
No househelp only me changing diapers bathing and doing everything.
And i still do my 8-5pm job. And my side hustle intact. In all, I realized I'm a Superman sha!
not all women are devil.
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by lolu2019: 3:12pm On Dec 16, 2021
Ajione:
It was hell,
9 years ago I was giving a visa to travel out the country. Sell out all my business share to my friend we do business together. About to travel, I discovered my girl is three month pregnant. And she pleaded I have to stay back because the family and friends will think the baby doesn't have a father.
Because of love I stay back and start from the beginning. Since then life has being difficult. We later got married but she dey give me original problem.
She got a good job and pride came in and oppresse alot.
Greatest mistake of my life.
sorry bro
Re: Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. by UncutSk(m): 12:04am On Dec 17, 2021
ifeolamide00:
Lol i really dont talk about this but since its a faceless app..i think i can spill it and not feel bad

Been born in a poor family is one of the greatest blow life hit me with...so so poor family...finished secondary school and applied for university...folks dosent have even enough for the acceptance fee to thier name...so they took loans
My fees and expenses were on loan sharks...every Wednesday is a bad day in our lives..its either folks are running helter skelter to pay or their been disgraced...i have older sis and 2kid sis..it was rough and tough..i still wonder how people from familes like this concetrate in school..loans and repayment has always been my worries...nothing enter ls my head..while in secondary school i was one of the best...but in uni i was one of the worst..i pass my courses only when i get help...so i met this girl ..she was the angel that helped me survive feeding in school..she made sure eating wasn't a problem..and at some point we started to date because i honestly have nothing else to offer her aside love,care and my body...so i reliedband trusted her 100...at some point, babygirl got tired and fedup ,so she broke up...lol...that killed me and everything around me because it was an exam period...so i failed woefully, so bad that i had to switch department and let go of a whole academic year...the next year the governor of my state hiked the school fee over a hundred percent...so life got tougher, regrets over regrets...i wanted to die...thanks to family for love and care...now am out of school over 2yrs now but funds wont let me clear my results....i learnt graphics designing and am good at it..but there is a lot of pain i couldnt explain in there...omo i suffered in this life ...but when you see me,I'd be smilling and cracking jokes like everything is fine...if not for what would happen to my fams..suicide would have been the best way ....and yes along the line i was hustling and doing ine or two things too but only enough for sub ,bike fees and card...life is hard and cruel to me and my folks....
LIFE IS SO CRUEL AND HARD ON ME AND MY FOLKS
dad from loan sharks an all built and a house without windows ,just enough roof for a room ..no doors,no.plaster
And they live there ...hes an okada rider now,since his job doesnt pay .

I'm suffering,hustling and my folks are doing the same
Its getting tougher by the day
The only thing anyone can do for me now is?
If you have graphics and printing job,i swear i can deliver
If you have ways or updates that can help my life,pls help a brother and i promise to be grateful all my life
And i would like to be an actor too..if you love entertainment and would like to invest in someone, i swear am good too..0,8,1,0,8,1,0,1,0,4,2
I shed a tear

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Nairalanders' Real Professions: Guess What They Are? / LASTMA Finds Wandering Girl Under Bridge / He Only Gave Me N1000 - Disabled Lady Says Over Viral Photo With Helper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.