Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" (5049 Views)

Husband Said He Is No Longer Gonna Make Out With His Wife Cos The Vagina Is Lax / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by queend: 11:09am On Jun 14, 2011
Pereze d guy had known abt the condition years b4 this incident but didnt think it wld be an issue to his family
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by multibabe(f): 11:19am On Jun 14, 2011
so sad, she should keep the baby and carry on with her if they are meant to be, i believe someday the guys family will have a change of heart.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by cold(m): 11:23am On Jun 14, 2011
If she can't handle the stress of single motherhood she should eviscerate the foetus asap and move on.Nuff said
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by LongOne1(m): 11:37am On Jun 14, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Well, some cancers are heredity, so I understand.

I wouldnt marry a dude with family history of hair baldness either.

A little harsh, don’t you think? Are you perfect? Even the so called ‘stars’ have flaws.

@ poster

Your friend should tell her fiancée to ‘man up’ and assert himself in front of his parents. I mean he has a child on the way. If he doesn’t, then she should keep the Baby, he might come back begging after Karma deals with him, I don’t support abortion.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by pereze: 11:53am On Jun 14, 2011
Queend, I know that many people spend their day on NL cooking up stories to see if they will either hit the front page or simply to kill time.
Your story line is very contradictory and I am 101% sure that it is a figment of your imagination.
Not bad though, why not think of chatting on YAHOO MESSENGER to watch the day pass.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by rhamzus(m): 11:55am On Jun 14, 2011
@ poster
If the guy truly loves the lady, then its up to him to educate his parents about cancer.
he should check out this website
http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDQQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fecyg.wikispaces.com%2Ffile%2Fview%2FYVAN%253B%2BWorld%2BCancer%2BDay%2BReport%2B2011.pdf&rct=j&q=cancer%20seminar%20in%20nigeria&ei=oDv3TZj3DoSChQexhKH5Cw&usg=AFQjCNGguPBuPr6mtDAqohhNCGfoe9xoyw&cad=rja

And he can get his parents to watch this Nigerian film about cancer "save our soul" and "holding hope" .

Its all to your guy if love truly exist for the lady
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by delicious1(m): 12:07pm On Jun 14, 2011
She should abort the baby, because the guy no longer wants to marry her?

Sometimes i marvel at the way most of y'all think.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by trusted(m): 12:15pm On Jun 14, 2011
Find out if the mother's cancer is heredity, If it is then, ? but if not the guy can go ahead to marry her.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by 190: 12:39pm On Jun 14, 2011
jennykadry:

One reason why I don't support pregnancy before marriage.

but can i get you pregnant twice

cheers angry angry
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by 1honeybee: 12:54pm On Jun 14, 2011
The situation is very pathetic. genetic predisposition to cancer is only 10% and diet plays a significant role in cancer development. Even twins rarely develop cancer together in their life time.

The fear that the lady or her child will die of cancer is soo stupid becos we all will die of something. E.G. wat gives dem the impression that their son wont be involved in a car accident that may claim his life in the next 10mins? and please people, just the way we are genetically predisposed to cancer, is the same way we're genetically predisposed to metabolic syndrome (diabetes, hypertension, atherosclerosis, and the king of all of them Coronary heart disease(s)). However, with this already happening, that lady can not enjoy her marriage sha. except they cut the hubby's family off. . . . .which may bring its own wahala as well.

Many people are educated illiterates sha
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by NEGOZI: 1:02pm On Jun 14, 2011
Plssssssssssssssssssssssss  dont advise your friend for abortion . Come to think of it have you ever wonderded why when people are single  people always get pregnant  but when they get married  attimes they begining  looking for prenancy,  A lot of women sleeps in churches now and then, been washed by both fake and good pastors, some drink different kinds of concortions to get pregnant , some are given unimaginable  advice on sex positions just to get pregnant while some are paying millions to adopt baby because they cannot get pregnant. Please tell her to wipe her tears away , leave the guy with his family  ,look for a menial work if there is non and take care of the baby. she will never regret it . i assure her  though mouth will speak but they are not God. As for the guy he may marry another woman and no child . i have seen  and hear soo many stories like that. Who tells him getting married with another woman will escape his family from having another hereditary sickness,hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm May  God help us.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by MMM2(m): 1:36pm On Jun 14, 2011
is cancer now hiv / aids.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by akinreals: 1:41pm On Jun 14, 2011
since when has bosom cancer became hereditary in our culture? or is it just because the oyib man says so. since i grew up i have never seen any family that has lost more than one person to cancer before. what if the cancer free girl he would marry develop it in future. the devil you know is better than the angel you do not know. all the people that died from bosom cancer never showed any sign of it until it became late. but those that has what you could call sign lived up to their normal life span
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by leo2009(m): 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2011
So short of words.I wish she didn't get preggy.but now dat she is,she should not consider aborting the child though it's not gonna be easy but in future,she would be happy she didn't.
Talking fom experience.I ve a cousin who passed through a similar situation,but she was strong enough to ve kept d baby.Now,she is very proud she did cos d Boy is 6 now and he has grown to be smart, reasonable & super intelligent(if i may use d word).He keeps getting double promotion for each class,i mean he is above his mates when it comes to academic performance.(He is the dream of every parent)Not only dat, my cousin will be getting married in a couple of months time.
Just tell ur friend to chill and pray.Let her not kill herself cos it's not d end of the WORLD.at d end of d tunnel there,s always light
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by NAJALYN: 2:26pm On Jun 14, 2011
@poster, please ask your friend to have the baby, forget about marriage to the father, and move on with her life. God has a better plan for her. When one road closes, a better one opens.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 14, 2011
There are some cancer diseases that are hereditary so i dont blame the parents not wanting to get involved in the marriage.A big question that one would ask
Can you marry a woman who has full blown aids?
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by snowdrops(m): 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2011
maybe a blessing in disguise. imagine if she marries the guy, him and the family could make her life a living hell.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by DBestDoc(f): 3:50pm On Jun 14, 2011
So short of words.I wish she didn't get preggy.but now dat she is,she should not consider aborting the child though it's not gonna be easy but in future,she would be happy she didn't.
Talking fom experience.I ve a cousin who passed through a similar situation,but she was strong enough to ve kept d baby.Now,she is very proud she did cos d Boy is 6 now and he has grown to be smart, reasonable & super intelligent(if i may use d word).He keeps getting double promotion for each class,i mean he is above his mates when it comes to academic performance.(He is the dream of every parent)Not only dat, my cousin will be getting married in a couple of months time.
Just tell your friend to chill and pray.Let her not kill herself cos it's not d end of the WORLD.at d end of d tunnel there,s always light.

And getting married to a cool headed guy dat accepted her and her Boy
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by gstl: 4:38pm On Jun 14, 2011
hummm i dnt knw wat say?, CANCER, 4rm the pit of hell, sncatch my childhood frds way, 3yr ago, leaveing behind a wonderful husband wit two lovely daughter's.mama, T, we love, but God , loves u best, may ur soul rest in the lord}, as 4 our dear frds, look onto God, hm has the FINAL, say, iam very sry 4 wat u an ur baby, is, goin through, our gud lord is ur STRENGHT.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by vislabraye(m): 4:40pm On Jun 14, 2011
The parents are simply ignorant. . . Its baffling, though. Why get pregnant ? Pregnancy is usually a trap and sometimes a load. Let her take heart. Don't think abortion is de best. . .
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by walab: 4:41pm On Jun 14, 2011
That does not mean the lady will have cancer.Does the guy in question know what can happen to him or the lady he would get married to,if he eventually leaves her.Your friend can contact IRIS MEDICAL FOUNDATION for cancer cure for her mum.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by vislabraye(m): 5:00pm On Jun 14, 2011
The parents are simply ignorant. . . Its baffling, though. Why get pregnant ? Pregnancy is usually a trap and sometimes a load. Let her take heart. Don't think abortion is de best. . .
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by dayokanu(m): 5:09pm On Jun 14, 2011
gstl:

hummm i dnt knw wat say?, CANCER, 4rm the pit of hell, sncatch my childhood frds way, 3yr ago, leaveing behind a wonderful husband wit two lovely daughter's.mama, T, we love, but God , loves u best, may your soul rest in the lord}, as 4 our dear frds, look onto God, hm has the FINAL, say, iam very sry 4 wat u an your baby, is, goin through, our gud lord is your STRENGHT.

Its situations like this that the parents are trying to avoid
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2011
if this story is even true, which i doubt, that man already had 1 foot out of the door and used her mother's illness as an excuse.
what type of cancer is it? does it run in the family?
this is why getting pregnant before you get that paper is a gamble. hope he will at least do right by his unborn child.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by Blazay(m): 6:18pm On Jun 14, 2011
Frankly his choice and should be respected.
Love is not by force. kiss
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by Roland17(m): 6:19pm On Jun 14, 2011
i think he is trying to take precautionary measures for his future, but i feel she should have told him about the mother b4 they got this far,
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by Outstrip(f): 7:01pm On Jun 14, 2011
So many silly comments on this thread.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by MeGaStReEt: 7:40pm On Jun 14, 2011
is the guy going to live forever
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by 2mch(m): 7:43pm On Jun 14, 2011
No one is immune from cancer. Everyone can have it. Some people may just be more susceptible maybe because of some weakness in their genes. Cancer is basically your body betraying you and your cells acting abnormally. Even the guy can have it, so can any of his family members. I hope karma does not happen to them in which they will learn a valuable lesson. The human body is frail and fragile, and so many things can go wrong. It can be caused by environmental forces or genetic weaknesses. Cancer can strike at anytime and to anyone. A lot of undetected deaths in Nigeria, if looked into well would probably have been a cancer of some sort. Ignorance is a disease.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by emmatok(m): 9:49pm On Jun 14, 2011
I can see some people here jumping to conclusion by castigating the innocent parent.

Any reasonable parent will always look out for thier children and not allow thme jump blindly into any relationship.

It is easy to claim love when you start a relatioship, but when you start treating sickness, paying the bills for the next 30 years that love will disappear!!! undecided

This is the main reason why some religious organisations insist on medical test/examination before wedding their members.

@ post

Tell your friend to go for medicals, to confirm if that cancer is hereditary,if she is going to inherit it or not  .

Then she can confront her Bf with the test result.

That decisions is left  to her and not NL.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by Outstrip(f): 1:12am On Jun 15, 2011
emmatok I am not even suprised because it is the sort of comment I expect from you. Have these "innocent" parents forgotten that their grand child is growing in that woman. I guess they do not care and that is very typical of the wickedness that can be justified by Nigerians to "protect" themselves. Who says the woman will get cancer? Who says that something cannot even happen to their son? You people never cease to amaze me with your way of thinking. The fact if the matter is that parents are wicked and very misinformed. The man himself is a punk and to be honest it might do the girl good to just move on. I do not support abortion but I cannot judge a woman that makes that choice. It is her life and I will not be there to help her pick up the pieces.
You can have reservations because she is AS and so is your son or maybe even reservations because of moral issues but to say because her mother is sick that she is now cursed is enough to shake your head in disgust. The boy should be embarassed at his parents divorce. I personally pity any woman that will marry into that family.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by Nobody: 2:23am On Jun 15, 2011
Long One:

A little harsh, don’t you think? Are you perfect? Even the so called ‘stars’ have flaws.

Very harsh, but such is life.

evamathis:

thats so shallow
so if your man meets 86.45% of your requirement you wont marry him because of hair baldness?
wo whatever floats your boat girl
nothing do you!
but do you support sex before marriage? undecided
because if you do then pregnancy before marriage MIGHT happen

What is shallow about it? Hereditary disease is more serious than the surface flaws (such as heigh, bo-ob size, sexy, ugly etc) that humans use as a decision factor when it comes to finding mates.

Some of these diseases are very gruesome and costly.

Nothing wrong with me choosing not to marry a man with a history of diseases such as schizophrenia or family history of cystic fibrosis.

I have my flaws, like many other. I expect to be judged based on those flaws, such is life.

I approve sex before marriage. I like to know if me and my man are sexually compatible before I get locked in an expensive marriage/divorce. And yes, I've judged my mate on his ability to "put it down" in the bedroom. Once again, nothing wrong with that.

If he is bald, then he's not mines. Ah ahn, e no be by force sha. That's on my top requirement.

Yes, pregnancy happens before marriage. Not the end of life.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

About The Ministry Of Help / ANALYSIS: Why Do Lesbians Marriages Crumble Faster Than Gay Marriages / What Are You Teaching Your Children About Hard Work And Responsibility?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.