Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,292 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" (5048 Views)

Husband Said He Is No Longer Gonna Make Out With His Wife Cos The Vagina Is Lax / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by emmatok(m): 9:27am On Jun 15, 2011
Outstrip:

emmatok I am not even suprised because it is the sort of comment I expect from you. Have these "innocent" parents forgotten that their grand child is growing in that woman. I guess they do not care and that is very typical of the wickedness that can be justified by Nigerians to "protect" themselves. Who says the woman will get cancer? Who says that something cannot even happen to their son? You people never cease to amaze me with your way of thinking. The fact if the matter is that parents are wicked and very misinformed. The man himself is a punk and to be honest it might do the girl good to just move on. I do not support abortion but I cannot judge a woman that makes that choice. It is her life and I will not be there to help her pick up the pieces.
You can have reservations because she is AS and so is your son or maybe even reservations because of moral issues but to say because her mother is sick that she is now cursed is enough to shake your head in disgust. The boy should be embarassed at his parents divorce. I personally pity any woman that will marry into that family.

I don't understand your post at all.

Are you blaming the parent for the pregnancy? I hope not.

They are not married, yet they got themselves pregnant due to their youthful whatever.

And you think the parent must marry them because of the pregnancy. undecided undecided undecided

When it comes to hereditary diseases, the parent has the right to protect their sons/daughter.

That ideology is not limited to Africa,  must rich and elitist families world wide do such things.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by babaijesha: 10:21am On Jun 15, 2011
- This is unfortunate
- No to abortion, let her have the baby.
- I wonder how people take decision, if the child now later become American President like Obama or Jonathan, the unserious Papa and his family go wan claim child, wonder shall never end!

No more love for this world, Na only strategic partnership dey , For worse for go ,
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 15, 2011
Outstrip:

emmatok [b]I am not even suprised because it is the sort of comment I expect from you. Have these "innocent" parents forgotten that their grand child is growing in that woman. I guess they do not care and that is very typical of the wickedness that can be justified by Nigerians to "protect" themselves. [/b]Who says the woman will get cancer? Who says that something cannot even happen to their son? You people never cease to amaze me with your way of thinking. The fact if the matter is that parents are wicked and very misinformed. The man himself is a punk and to be honest it might do the girl good to just move on. I do not support abortion but I cannot judge a woman that makes that choice. It is her life and I will not be there to help her pick up the pieces.
You can have reservations because she is AS and so is your son or maybe even reservations because of moral issues but to say because her mother is sick that she is now cursed is enough to shake your head in disgust. The boy should be embarassed at his parents divorce. I personally pity any woman that will marry into that family.

Can't help but be disgusted with the comments here. I agree 100%. Imagine how dismissive some comments here are of the baby, as if an abortion is an easy thing because we want to be called 'liberal' or we don't want people to call us 'narrow-minded'. People saying 'remove the foetus' as if it's trash. Even if abortion is inevitable, I don't find it a bit ethical to degrade the foetus with some words being used here. Jeezz!!!
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by dayokanu(m): 2:08pm On Jun 15, 2011
The parents are just trying to ensure that their son doesnt become a widower in the future or all their income is not spent on hospital bills

stillwater:

Can't help but be disgusted with the comments here. I agree 100%. Imagine how dismissive some comments here are of the baby, as if an abortion is an easy thing because we want to be called 'liberal' or we don't want people to call us 'narrow-minded'. People saying 'remove the foetus' as if it's trash. Even if abortion is inevitable, I don't find it a bit ethical to degrade the foetus with some words being used here. Jeezz!!!

Better to abort the foetus than bring him to life without any plan by parents to take care of him/her
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 15, 2011
dayokanu:

The parents are just trying to ensure that their son doesnt become a widower in the future or all their income is not spent on hospital bills

Better to abort the foetus than bring him to life without any plan by parents to take care of him/her

Kill your grandchild for something that has a probability of NOT happening? You think it shall be well for that family? Disgust me more, dayo.
And who told you plans cannot be made for the child? Is it today children are being born out of wedlock? Are there no single mothers/fathers around? The guy only said he's not marrying her, where did he say he's refuting ownership of the child? So is it marriage that determines whether you keep a child or what? You think abortion is a small issue because it's so easy to say or type?
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by babaijesha: 5:20pm On Jun 15, 2011
dayokanu:

U see your life outside!!!!!!! make she go abort pickin, Like u fit advise your own daughter to go and have abortion, and make she die , as if abortion Na good thing

Dem pickin no sabi dey wear protection before he impregnate the poor girl. There are lots of immature men all over, parents inclusive, running away from responsibilities !!!!
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by emmatok(m): 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2011
babaijesha:

U see your life outside!!!!!!! make she go abort pickin, Like u fit advise your own daughter to go and have abortion,  and make she die , as if  abortion Na good thing

Dem pickin no sabi dey wear protection before he impregnate the poor girl. There are lots of immature  men all over, parents inclusive,  running away from responsibilities !!!! 

What responsibilities are you talking about.

Did the parent sent their son to impregnate the lady.

Were they married to each other?

Was the lady violated by her BF?

They are both lovers and they had consensual sex, they both know they were not using protection.

Leave the parents out of it .

The responsibilities falls on lady and her BF. Let them sort out their issues.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by armyofone(m): 6:00pm On Jun 15, 2011
let him go but keep the baby. i pray you can take care of the baby yourself.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by debosky(m): 6:00pm On Jun 15, 2011
Again, this is exactly the reason you should either not have sex before marriage or make sure you use titanium condoms during sex. I say this in all seriousness because any potential breakup becomes far more complicated by the presence of a child/pregnancy.

I am not downplaying the pregnancy in any way, but the decisions involved here are weighty - is simply getting married worth 20-30 years of grief from your in-laws? Would a child in that environment not be miserable because his/her parents are miserable?? Is it worth being treated badly and potentially having your spouse blame you for his family rejecting him?

Yes we don't have any guarantees that the guy won't die tomorrow, but would any of you take knowingly chance on something that could harm you or your child if you could avoid it?

While the parents have a point in not wanting to marry into a family with perceived health issues (let's leave the percentage aside for now), as parents I hope they are weighing the impact on the unborn child, their grandchild.

Sadly, unborn life is not highly valued by many. In fact I'd say individual children are not as highly valued as they should be. As long as there are children to carry on the family name, the fate of any one child has not been very important to Nigerians historically and this may be why the parents of the man don't really care about the unborn child.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by babaijesha: 6:54pm On Jun 15, 2011
Parents got a big role to play.

They have outrightly supported their child and leave the poor girl to her own problem, the guy will go and impregnate another girl and will say the great grandfather had mental problem , thats whay he cant marry another one, at the end of the day, he will have ten children outside wedlock roaming on the street.

How can a man have a child outside wedlock and be comfortable with such arrangement! Sheer nonsense, abomination, the world had turn upside down !!!!!.

These are strict moral instructions that should be passed accross to every child, once you impregnate a girl then you have automatically put yourself in a family way! Shikena.

Debosky - I like your analysis, Once you misfire for my side, just start preparation becos non of my people will even listen to you. My grandpapa will tell you, there is no history of children born outside wedlock in the family. It is an abomination for you to start one!
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 15, 2011
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by debosky(m): 8:56pm On Jun 15, 2011
Many of the people glibly advocating abortion have either not gone through the experience of being a parent nor the pains many go through just to conceive. If they have and still hold such an opinion then they place a very low value on life.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by cold(m): 12:45am On Jun 16, 2011
Well the pro life folks can have their say whilst the pro choice folks can have theirs too.I am pro-choice & believe a woman has the right to terminate or keep a pregnancy if she so wish.So please you pro life folks shouldn't foist your opinion on the rest of us by making abortion sound like something out of this world because it is not
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by Nobody: 3:32am On Jun 16, 2011
^^^^ Yeah yeah yeah, you're pro-choice, we get it. But at least you 'pro-choicers' should have some decency in your 'choice' of words. Even dogs and trees today have rights and cannot be mistreated, let alone a human life form.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by cold(m): 8:40am On Jun 16, 2011
I said it's entirely up to the woman to decide whether to keep the foetus or not. is that not 'choicy' enough for you?
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by babaijesha: 9:32am On Jun 16, 2011
chaircover:

Amazing how people play God.

So a mother has cancer and the daughter suddenly becomes a "walking corpse" and she and her unborn child are discarded & written off just like that

Who are we to say that their own son won't develop cancer, get shot dead by armed robbers, die in an accident on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway or contact HIV from an affair with his secretary? etc . . . .Are we God?

So the mother has cancer . . . . is that not an oppourtunity for the daughter to get checked out & monitored so that even if she is predisposed it will be caught early? does that automatically signal a death warrant for the daughter?

This is 2011 . . . . and I would have thought that the ones who dont beleive in God will at least beleive in technology and advances in medicine.

I am shocked that people can even be advising abortion. Oga o!

Thank you very much, Pro choice ko , pro nonsense ni, have you lost or watch your personal daughter die as a result of abortion ? Lose someone and see how it feels first and foremost ! Have you pro choice folks ever seen an ultra sound of 9 weeks foetus in a woman, hear the foetus heart beat and the magical sound, I saw one of a close relative and I was happy I did, What is so decent in murder?
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by cold(m): 10:05am On Jun 16, 2011
Make we hia word abeg!& who exactly are you to tell anybody what they would or wouldn't do.Everyone has a right to decide what's good for them so please spare us all that sermon
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by Zenakoboko(m): 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2011
before this post becomes a free-for-all fight, let's begin again by going back to the basics (begininning by asking fundamental questions):

1. Did he r, ape her or were they having consensual intimacy?
2. Were they just having unprotected consensual intimacy without knowing the implication? Didnt she know there could be a child and no marriage plans?
3. Did he promise her marriage or did he say he wasnt ready and she decided to trap him (get him ready) instead of losing him?
4. Did he accept responsibility of the pregnancy or did he just invoke the parents gist?
5. What is his say in all the events and development so far?

Loving under duress, can be an arduous task for both the loved and the lover.
Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by debosky(m): 6:11pm On Jun 16, 2011
cold:

Well the pro life folks can have their say whilst the pro choice folks can have theirs too.I am pro-choice & believe a woman has the right to terminate or keep a pregnancy if she so wish.So please you pro life folks shouldn't foist your opinion on the rest of us by making abortion sound like something out of this world because it is not

This isn't really a matter of pro-choice and pro-life, so let's set that ideological debate aside for a moment.

This is about those saying that simply because there is no marriage on the horizon that the pregnancy should be terminated. That is not an exhibition of choice, they are saying in effect that she has no choice but to terminate since the marriage isn't going ahead.

What is being proposed is[b] a more coherent thought process[/b] behind arriving at the decision to abort or not to abort - it is callous and very dangerous to suggest that she simply abort without considering the potential effects, just as it is callous and unfair to simply have a child for the sake of having one without making provisions for that child.

Abortion is not some magic wand that solves all her problems as some advocate here. That is why I maintain that glib suggestions (i.e without much thought) of abortion should be disregarded.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Getting Pregnant - Trying To Conceive / How Do I Tell A Friend I Have Outgrown Him / A Sad Divorce Story That Will Make You Cry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.