Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) (17108 Views)

PHOTO: Kanayo O Kanayo Rocks Matching Outfit With His Car / Kanayo O Kanayo Opens His House In Aboh-Mbaise, Imo (Photos) / Lambert Eluke Pays Kanayo O Kanayo N1m, Yul Edochie N800k, Racheal Okonkwo N400k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by State001: 3:38pm On Dec 14, 2021
Veteran actor Kanayo O. Kanayo has said that the movies produced before the invention of social media had better stories, Igbere TV reports.

The actor recently made this known on Instagram as he shared a throwback movie scene of himself and another actor Charles Okafor.

Expressing his thoughts on the movie, the actor wrote:
“This period witnessed better storytelling, lower technical support.”

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXcDNSKD9Bn/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdCKtBLh_pc

Born Anayo Onyekwere in Mbaise, Imo State, Kanayo O. Kanayo made his debut movie appearance in the 1993 classic Living in Bondage.

He has starred in multiple movies including Occultic Altar, Occultic Mission, Occultic Battle, Family Battle, Up North and Living in Bondage: Breaking Free.

He is well known for playing occultic roles and stories associated with rituals.

A 2018 law graduate of the University of Abuja, he was called to the Nigerian bar in September 2020.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Winner90: 3:50pm On Dec 14, 2021
This is absolutely true. Nollywood fans related with nollywood classics because such movies were rich storylines that were well directed, with a strong cultural background. The ONLY weakpoint being poor cinematography, which is understandable. What we have now are poor stories, flamboyantly delivered with big budgets, and lacking clear direction. King of boys, wedding party come to mind.
The fact that all that some of the new generation makers have to do is to remake living in bondage and Nneka the pretty serpent of 30 yrs is an evidence that many of the current generation movie makers are found wanting in the creative art of storytelling.

178 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:21pm On Dec 14, 2021
sadly, they also had GARBAGE movie quality, GARBAGE sound, GARBAGE acting, GARBAGE visuals, GARBAGE camera work etc

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by slawormiir: 8:10pm On Dec 14, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Although never a fan of nollywoood right from the beginning
But i concur on this one

Professor johnbull

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by martineverest(m): 8:10pm On Dec 14, 2021
Exactly amd better actors and actress.....their acting were so real compared to modern actors whose acting isnt differenr from KG 2 drama

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by WiszyFraud: 8:10pm On Dec 14, 2021
Did you know??

3 mistakes you should not make:

1. Overthinking
2. Showing off too early
3. Chasing instant gratifications

lipsrsealed

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by KingOfAmebo(m): 8:10pm On Dec 14, 2021
"We are tired of Drama Drama Drama and more Drama, When will Nollywood start dishing us Action Movies? Abi una talent end for drama ni?

Our music videos are even more creative than all this easily scripted drama wey we no need to watch when we don already see the advert.

Helloooooo!!!

#typed after taking a well famented colorado stepped down with undiluted codeine and balanced with black mamba...You gerrit? If you don't gerrit then forget abouritt". - Village People Spokesperson.

3 Likes

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by BigSarah(f): 8:10pm On Dec 14, 2021
True, majority of the new age nollywood movies I've seen I end up skipping alot of scenes..

Didn't do that when watching Good old nollywood

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by BigDawsNet: 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2021
grin I think hiz right...

I remember few months ago ..I was bored and I had to switch to YouTube and I watched couple of old Aki and pawpaw/ Mr Ibu movies for days...

I was just indoor laughing out ma black ass.. if not for soundproof ma neighbor probably may have dialed 911...

And for years I have listening to old naija hits songs 2000-2014... The new modern songs just dey boring....

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Rahkman: 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2021
I wholeheartedly agree.....igodo ,egg of life,stubborn grasshopper,state of emergency,last burial,oracle,blood money the vulture men the list is endless

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2021
Old Nollywood movies teaches the essence of living a good life and there are consequences of living the bad life.

Modern day Nollywood movies glorify illicit sex, drug and alcohol abuse.

They promote extreme materialism and loose conducts.

In other news, we are opened for business.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by kingthreat(m): 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2021
This is 100% true. I can still remember some Nollywood horror movies then that haunted me more than Frederick Kruger those years.
When it first started, it was all about a good project. Now it is all about the money.
The only movie industry with more than 70% of the actresses into prostitution

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by theophorus(m): 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2021
Everything na him don become low grade now.
Oga Kanayo, you no dey hear the pangolo wen "Indomie" generation dey sing/dance to?
Even children of this social media age self Don become "Woke".

Let me run before someone start...
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Elock1: 8:12pm On Dec 14, 2021
Yes sir we agree 100%

All what some ariaria producers want to make is quick money, no passion again

You hear titles
okonjo the village town crier
The princess of love
The beautiful nonsense
The handsome gorilla

Nothing to hold us At all
Zubby will come and shout "mma iwenewem oh" 20x and he is yet to start

Then etiko and her house mates will parade the screen with their Blom Blom nyash

Imagine one producer heard I write scripts and he priced me 4 movies 10k each and
And told me his whole movie budget wasn't to exceed 150k therefore I shoul make the script a little budget friendly..i laugh

19 Likes

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by cassidy1996(m): 8:12pm On Dec 14, 2021
It was good until, edo.....mercy....okeke....destiny came in with yansh and hungry producers

8 Likes

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Henri244: 8:13pm On Dec 14, 2021
Sure
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Akwaibomdude(m): 8:13pm On Dec 14, 2021
So true...now no story line whatsoever

2 Likes

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by BigYash: 8:13pm On Dec 14, 2021
martineverest:
Exactly amd better actors and actress.....their acting were so real compared to modern actors whose acting isnt differenr from KG 2 drama
KG 2 drama grin grin
Worst sef.. You go dey imagine,if na small pikin write d script..

7 Likes

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Charmingrascal(m): 8:13pm On Dec 14, 2021
In the 90s and even early 2000s.

Even comedies passed message unlike now that it is just nonsense

Karashika, take me to mama, state of emergency even comedies like Osuofia in London, Aki and Paw paw passed message.
Unlike now that the story lines are just daft just because they want us to laugh.

Though most recently we have some good movies too
There are good directors and script writers giving us good movies of late.

5 Likes

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Guyman02: 8:13pm On Dec 14, 2021
True that, we could relate with the storyline, it's difficult to understand all these indomie generation scripts

2 Likes

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Kingmena: 8:13pm On Dec 14, 2021
That's true.
Do you have a business and your workers and business is stressing you out I have an ebook that will help you restructure your business to function effectively without your supervision and maximize profit. contact me for just 3k and I will also add you to a free business group
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by greenie77: 8:14pm On Dec 14, 2021
"He has starred in multiple movies including Occultic Altar, Occultic Mission, Occultic Battle". cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by blaquebelle: 8:14pm On Dec 14, 2021
Ritual this ritual that, indeed Better story telling. Saw the old version of Nneka the pretty serpent recently, there was just no point for all the senseless wickedness portrayed. grin Funny enough, alot of west African countries that consumed our content then now believe that most Nigerians are into witchcraft and rituals.

Well I miss the aki and pawpaw days. Just sit, laugh and free your mind.

5 Likes

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by FalseProphet1(m): 8:14pm On Dec 14, 2021
I see kanayo becoming a SAN in the coming years.

This I have seen.

2 Likes

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Nonexisting: 8:14pm On Dec 14, 2021
No be red socks he wear so? This man and money ritual thing sef.
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by izzy4shizzy(m): 8:14pm On Dec 14, 2021
Yeah sure..

About witchcraft and rituals

90 percent of the movies he starred in had the title "Ocultic"
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by sweerychick(f): 8:15pm On Dec 14, 2021
I couldn't agree more with this, the present nollywood has ran outta ideas, nothing constructive always recycling old stories and most annoying is this prince and king stories with no meaning or connection with igboland.. So annoying that if you watch a present nollywood you can easily predict it before it ends.. I miss the golden days of Charles okafor, onyeka onwenu, gentle jack, ngozi ezeonu, Liz Benson, Zack orji, RMD, Stella Damascus, Hilda dokubo, segun Arinze, etc.. Not this trashy actors and actresses that have nothing to offer

19 Likes

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by ValeeLove(m): 8:15pm On Dec 14, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
sadly, they also had GARBAGE movie quality, GARBAGE sound, GARBAGE acting, GARBAGE visuals, GARBAGE camera work etc
just like everything you mentioned here will be applied to today's movie 20 years from now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 8:15pm On Dec 14, 2021
honestly sometimes whenever I watch one of these old classic movies, I do wonder the kind of inspiration the directors had.
everything looks real, from costumes, backgrounds, actors, etc as in you can easily immense yourself into the movie.
till today I can never get tired of watching most old movies especially comedies from Nkem Owoh, sam loco, etc including Aki and pawpaw dem.
the zeal actors had those can never be found nowadays.
the originality of those days can never be found these days

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by cocu25(m): 8:15pm On Dec 14, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
The word garbage is too harsh on them. It was an industry that was still finding it's feet and they did the best with what they had.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Vinnie2000(m): 8:16pm On Dec 14, 2021
Very much Correct from Kanayo O Kanayo!

The Storyline was always Dope!
I Remember some hilarious movies like Conspiracy, Vuga, The Pope must hear this, Big Man, Big Trouble,etc.. cool smiley

These Days, the Producers feel movies is all About Glitz and Glamour!
Even the so called cinema films such as Big Daddy, King of Boys, Living in Bondage Sequel are not that Real at all.. sad undecided

They re OverHyped n Lack Originality! undecided

9 Likes

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Topmaike007(m): 8:16pm On Dec 14, 2021
You mean the money Ritual you guys gave us back to back to back like Madrid winning champions league

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benue Flood: The Hypocritical Nature Of Nigerian Celebrities By Intriguing Lone / Rachel The Piper NGO Holds Outreach In Abaji, Extends Gratitude To Partners / Tiwi Kunle Remi Wife Biography & Full Traditional Wedding Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.