Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) (17106 Views)

PHOTO: Kanayo O Kanayo Rocks Matching Outfit With His Car / Kanayo O Kanayo Opens His House In Aboh-Mbaise, Imo (Photos) / Lambert Eluke Pays Kanayo O Kanayo N1m, Yul Edochie N800k, Racheal Okonkwo N400k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Edunexta: 8:17pm On Dec 14, 2021
True that
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by gentleman82: 8:17pm On Dec 14, 2021
Lastest movies are boring

1 Like

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:17pm On Dec 14, 2021
cocu25:

The word garbage is too harsh on them. It was an industry that was still finding it's feet and they did the best with what they had.
ValeeLove:
just like everything you mentioned here will be applied to today's movie 20 years from now.

doesnt change the fact that majority of the old Nolly movies and/or many of NOLLY movies today....are GARBAGE!
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by lkillbrokehoes: 8:19pm On Dec 14, 2021
I love the old Nollywood movie more than anything
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by blaquebelle: 8:20pm On Dec 14, 2021
Sci-fi nko?. Go and check out ratnik grin grin grin grin grin Enjoy

KingOfAmebo:
"We are tired of Drama Drama Drama and more Drama, When will Nollywood start dishing us Action Movies? Abi una talent end for drama ni?

Our music videos are even more creative than all this easily scripted drama wey we no need to watch when we don already see the advert.

#typed after taking a well famented colorado stepped down with undiluted codeine and balanced with black mamba...You gerrit? If you don't gerrit then forget abouritt". - Village People Spokesperson.
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by uniqueboi1(m): 8:23pm On Dec 14, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
sadly, they also had GARBAGE movie quality, GARBAGE sound, GARBAGE acting, GARBAGE visuals, GARBAGE camera work etc

He already mentioned all these rubbish you just typed. diot.

1 Like

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by DSC7: 8:24pm On Dec 14, 2021
Absolutely.....

Movies like:State of Emergency,,,, End of the Wicked,,, True Love....War Front...

Those were movies i couldn't get enough of...

2 Likes

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Probz(m): 8:25pm On Dec 14, 2021
Rahkman:
I wholeheartedly agree.....igodo ,egg of life,stubborn grasshopper,state of emergency,last burial,oracle,blood money the vulture men the list is endless

Not to mention August Meeting. Chinwe Owoh was at her peak in that movie. Ever since then she’s been relegated to the dowdy perpetually crying mother (in as much as she’s a very good actress) and it’s gotten old. But Ezinne (her character in that movie) had charm and freshness.

1 Like

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:26pm On Dec 14, 2021
Elock1:
Yes sir we agree 100%

All what some ariaria producers want to make is quick money, no passion again

You hear titles
okonjo the village town crier
The princess of love
The beautiful nonsense
The handsome gorilla

Nothing to hold us At all
Zubby will come and shout "mma iwenewem oh" 20x and he is yet to start

Then etiko and her house mates will parade the screen with their Blom Blom nyash

Imagine one producer heard I write scripts and he priced me 4 movies 10k each and
And told me his whole movie budget wasn't to exceed 150k therefore I shoul make the script a little budget friendly..i laugh

How much was he going to pay the actors ?
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Vinnie2000(m): 8:27pm On Dec 14, 2021
AsampeteNwaanyi:
honestly sometimes whenever I watch one of these old classic movies, I do wonder the kind of inspiration the directors had.
everything looks real, from costumes, backgrounds, actors, etc as in you can easily immense yourself into the movie.
till today I can never get tired of watching most old movies especially comedies from Nkem Owoh, sam loco, etc including Aki and pawpaw dem.
the zeal actors had those can never be found nowadays.
the originality of those days can never be found these days

That's just it!
Those Actors were Real in their delivery!
Today, we have Guys and ladies Actors who are forming Posh and Sophisticated in their Acting! undecided sad

Look@how Pawpaw has become MemeLord due to his divergent Facial Expressions! His Acting was Purely natural!

This makes Kanayo's submission very true!

2 Likes

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Akharmony: 8:27pm On Dec 14, 2021
Good story telling like blood money and secret cult... And aft killings so many pple for ritual the culprit just run mad or at most die. And thats the end of the story. . .
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by seyz91(m): 8:27pm On Dec 14, 2021
No more stories, nollywood now a platform for showcasing hoeloshoism

State001:
Veteran actor Kanayo O. Kanayo has said that the movies produced before the invention of social media had better stories, Igbere TV reports.

The actor recently made this known on Instagram as he shared a throwback movie scene of himself and another actor Charles Okafor.

Expressing his thoughts on the movie, the actor wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXcDNSKD9Bn/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdCKtBLh_pc

Born Anayo Onyekwere in Mbaise, Imo State, Kanayo O. Kanayo made his debut movie appearance in the 1993 classic Living in Bondage.

He has starred in multiple movies including Occultic Altar, Occultic Mission, Occultic Battle, Family Battle, Up North and Living in Bondage: Breaking Free.

He is well known for playing occultic roles and stories associated with rituals.

A 2018 law graduate of the University of Abuja, he was called to the Nigerian bar in September 2020.

1 Like

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by house10s: 8:28pm On Dec 14, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
sadly, they also had GARBAGE movie quality, GARBAGE sound, GARBAGE acting, GARBAGE visuals, GARBAGE camera work etc

now d quality is good but story line ko?

1 Like

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Vinnie2000(m): 8:28pm On Dec 14, 2021
AsampeteNwaanyi:
honestly sometimes whenever I watch one of these old classic movies, I do wonder the kind of inspiration the directors had.
everything looks real, from costumes, backgrounds, actors, etc as in you can easily immense yourself into the movie.
till today I can never get tired of watching most old movies especially comedies from Nkem Owoh, sam loco, etc including Aki and pawpaw dem.
the zeal actors had those can never be found nowadays.
the originality of those days can never be found these days

That's just it!
Those Actors were Real in their delivery!
Today, we have Guys and ladies Actors who are forming Posh and Sophisticated in their Acting! undecided sad

Look@how Pawpaw has become MemeLord due to his divergent Facial Expressions! His Acting was Purely natural!

This makes Kanayo's submission very true!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by goody234: 8:29pm On Dec 14, 2021
my pet beef with nollywood movies is the sound ..so annoying when you cant hear dialogue properly
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Vinnie2000(m): 8:33pm On Dec 14, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

doesnt change the fact that majority of the old Nolly movies and/or many of NOLLY movies today....are GARBAGE!

You are Just an Attention-Seeking Mofo!
U think it's easy to Produce a Movie?

I Bet if I give you N100k to Produce a Primary School Play, U will Mess up like Sh*t! undecided sad
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 14, 2021
I can't compare any old school kanayo movie to new movies like 'God calling', but okay.

The only notable old school movies I recall wt good stories were violated, blood sisters, igodo and Tunde kelanis movies. Zack orji and Kanayo kept repeating dry ritual movies wt similar plots, he's one to talk.
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by ezechi24(m): 8:35pm On Dec 14, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

sometimes you people sound so annoying....how can you compare a films visual quality from 1983-2012 to films produced now...even the american films of that time had same poor visuals...exept you were born in 2010

4 Likes

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by blaquebelle: 8:37pm On Dec 14, 2021
sweerychick:
I couldn't agree more with this, the present nollywood has ran outta ideas, nothing constructive always recycling old stories and most annoying is this prince and king stories with no meaning or connection with igboland.. So annoying that if you watch a present nollywood you can easily predict it before it ends.. I miss the golden days of Charles okafor, onyeka onwenu, gentle jack, ngozi ezeonu, Liz Benson, Zack orji, RMD, Stella Damascus, Hilda dokubo, segun Arinze, etc.. Not this trashy actors and actresses that have nothing to offer

Damasus*
Una no dey hear word grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Ekealterego: 8:38pm On Dec 14, 2021
Akharmony:
Good story telling like blood money and secret cult... And aft killings so many pple for ritual the culprit just run mad or at most die. And thats the end of the story. . .
That is a genre of movie. Even in American movie, they fight, have sex and the actor wins while the villain dies, and game over. However, it is the story that leads up to these that eventually matter.
Don't forget, we also had the love genre, the classic and traditional village pre/colonial throwback versions, the village story genre, the family, marriage, life struggle etc.

3 Likes

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Reference(m): 8:44pm On Dec 14, 2021
Thank goodness. Never been a fan. Never watched any. Never could understand the appeal.
Anyway even Hollywood is not immune from the death of classic story telling.
Over the past decade as clearly indicated from the Box Office, cartoons appear to rule the screens.
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Richy4(m): 8:45pm On Dec 14, 2021
Yea.. I can't forget the "True Confession" movie back then... The story line was wonderful..
Also "When The Sun Set".. Those were beautiful story lines that made people glued to their television set back then..

1 Like

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2021
Rahkman:
I wholeheartedly agree.....igodo ,egg of life,stubborn grasshopper,state of emergency,last burial,oracle,blood money the vulture men the list is endless

You remember Vuga, isakaba sequels
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by jcross19: 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2021
Elock1:
Yes sir we agree 100%

All what some ariaria producers want to make is quick money, no passion again

You hear titles
okonjo the village town crier
The princess of love
The beautiful nonsense
The handsome gorilla

Nothing to hold us At all
Zubby will come and shout "mma iwenewem oh" 20x and he is yet to start

Then etiko and her house mates will parade the screen with their Blom Blom nyash

Imagine one producer heard I write scripts and he priced me 4 movies 10k each and
And told me his whole movie budget wasn't to exceed 150k therefore I shoul make the script a little budget friendly..i laugh
the new set of these nollywood movies are just in one direction, I mean just one direction.. You palace warrior, palace battle,palace maiden, king banquet, royal Fathers, royal kiss, these palace movie are more than 10k out there no creativity, same or a little different story line... Very dull brains..

2 Likes

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:50pm On Dec 14, 2021
Totally agree.

Now it's just HD and nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Vinnie2000(m): 8:51pm On Dec 14, 2021
Richy4:
Yea.. I can't forget the
"True Confession" movie back then... The story line was wondering...
Also "When The Sun Set".. Those were beautiful story lines that made people glued to their television set back then..

This was a Liz Benson and Sola Fosudo movie, right? smiley
It's like she tricked him over a long period of years, right?
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 14, 2021
I seriously disagree with his assertion. Old Nollywood movies only potray and amplify ritualism, vodooism, violence, bloodshed and many other vices that are necessarily not an everyday thing in Nigeria. However, many high budget new Nollywood movies especially the ones directed by guys like Kemi, Afolayan and the likes shows fantastic story telling, great picture and video productions that are shown on Netflix and the likes.

These great and fantastic movie Directors are not on the same level as most of their peers I Nollywood who keeps churning out low budget, low quality, poor story line, poorly scripted, movies. The crop of Movie Directors we have now are much more better than them in terms of quality story telling and production, albeit very few.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 14, 2021
BigSarah:
True, majority of the new age nollywood movies I've seen I end up skipping alot of scenes..

Didn't do that when watching Good old nollywood

That is because old movies are delivered on vhs, you don't wanna damage the playhead
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by benqo01(m): 8:57pm On Dec 14, 2021
Yeh agreed its always nice watching nollywood movies those years....what we have now is poor story telling
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by MartinsD12(m): 8:58pm On Dec 14, 2021
State001:
Veteran actor Kanayo O. Kanayo has said that the movies produced before the invention of social media had better stories, Igbere TV reports.

The actor recently made this known on Instagram as he shared a throwback movie scene of himself and another actor Charles Okafor.

Expressing his thoughts on the movie, the actor wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXcDNSKD9Bn/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdCKtBLh_pc

Born Anayo Onyekwere in Mbaise, Imo State, Kanayo O. Kanayo made his debut movie appearance in the 1993 classic Living in Bondage.

He has starred in multiple movies including Occultic Altar, Occultic Mission, Occultic Battle, Family Battle, Up North and Living in Bondage: Breaking Free.

He is well known for playing occultic roles and stories associated with rituals.

A 2018 law graduate of the University of Abuja, he was called to the Nigerian bar in September 2020.
Even ewu na okuko knows this, Early 90s when Nollywood started to around 2006 classical movies where produced especially from 1999 to 2000, 2001 , 2002 , 2003 to 2005 but as from 2007 to 2013 probably them Jim iyke , nnoso diobi era then from 2014 till date na rubbish them dey act
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 14, 2021
KingOfAmebo:
"We are tired of Drama Drama Drama and more Drama, When will Nollywood start dishing us Action Movies? Abi una talent end for drama ni?

Our music videos are even more creative than all this easily scripted drama wey we no need to watch when we don already see the advert.

Helloooooo!!!

#typed after taking a well famented colorado stepped down with undiluted codeine and balanced with black mamba...You gerrit? If you don't gerrit then forget abouritt". - Village People Spokesperson.

Ask Teco Benson.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benue Flood: The Hypocritical Nature Of Nigerian Celebrities By Intriguing Lone / Rachel The Piper NGO Holds Outreach In Abaji, Extends Gratitude To Partners / Tiwi Kunle Remi Wife Biography & Full Traditional Wedding Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.