Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,759 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) (17105 Views)

PHOTO: Kanayo O Kanayo Rocks Matching Outfit With His Car / Kanayo O Kanayo Opens His House In Aboh-Mbaise, Imo (Photos) / Lambert Eluke Pays Kanayo O Kanayo N1m, Yul Edochie N800k, Racheal Okonkwo N400k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Princewill1(m): 10:37pm On Dec 14, 2021
Billionaire's Club produced in 2003 is my Nollywood all time best movie. The storytelling is top notch

1 Like

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Vinnie2000(m): 11:15pm On Dec 14, 2021
armyofone:

Occultic everything - one movie where they pounded a baby in the mortar as sacrifice for wealth was what break the camel's back for me watching nollywood - what nonsense !

I think this should be a Clem Ohameze movie of 2001.

But
Bro, Remember dat movies can only portray realities of a society!
The Americans acts so much of Action and Science fiction movies!
Indians likes those Love and status movies.
Chinese is mostly about Kung fu/martial arts. smiley

So can't Nollywood act movies on Ritual killings?
Doesn't it exists in our society? sad
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by revived2: 11:51pm On Dec 14, 2021
Elock1:
Yes sir we agree 100%

All what some ariaria producers want to make is quick money, no passion again

You hear titles
okonjo the village town crier
The princess of love
The beautiful nonsense
The handsome gorilla

Nothing to hold us At all
Zubby will come and shout "mma iwenewem oh" 20x and he is yet to start

Then etiko and her house mates will parade the screen with their Blom Blom nyash

Imagine one producer heard I write scripts and he priced me 4 movies 10k each and
And told me his whole movie budget wasn't to exceed 150k therefore I shoul make the script a little budget friendly..i laugh

Wait , how much Dem cun dae pay those asaba girls wey dae act or Dem etiko and co

Or are most of them doing it for pussaypreneur?
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Elock1: 12:00am On Dec 15, 2021
revived2:

Wait , how much Dem cun dae pay those asaba girls wey dae act or Dem etiko and co

Or are most of them doing it for pussaypreneur?
probably other logistics aside actor payments
And yes he even pay some strong supporting actress 50k..thats how bad it is, some do it for fame with hopes of getting popular.

1 Like

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by IMASTEX: 12:12am On Dec 15, 2021
Winner90:
This is absolutely true. Nollywood fans related with nollywood classics because such movies were rich storylines that were well directed, with a strong cultural background. The ONLY weakpoint being poor cinematography, which is understandable. What we have now are poor stories, flamboyantly delivered with big budgets, and lacking clear direction. King of boys, wedding party come to mind.
The fact that all that some of the new generation makers have to do is to remake living in bondage and Nneka the pretty serpent of 30 yrs is an evidence that many of the current generation movie makers are found wanting in the creative art of storytelling.
Even the old movies were bizarre, especially projecting the Africa culture In a bad light. I.e. all old women were witches, cat & owl were demonic, mother-in-laws vs daughter-in-law saga, rituals, religious supremacy, etc. Very few could be selected even among the previous movies. The focus was mainly for the money hence daily releasing of new films that features nearly same actor.
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by revived2: 12:42am On Dec 15, 2021
Elock1:
probably other logistics aside actor payments
And yes he even pay some strong supporting actress 50k..thats how bad it is, some do it for fame with hopes of getting popular.

You no.complete am grin grin grin

With the hope of getting popular and getting into the body sales business grin grin grin

E go be sha

1 Like

Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by heniford2: 12:52am On Dec 15, 2021
Creativity in Nigeria movie industry is dead when i was in Nigeria b4 traveling out i once bumped on a movie set in Enugu this actor and actress was on set to act when the director as of there script the said the have Been in the game long Bleep script one said director should tell him his position and watch out that he has no time undecided
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by olibeans: 1:50am On Dec 15, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
sadly, they also had GARBAGE movie quality, GARBAGE sound, GARBAGE acting, GARBAGE visuals, GARBAGE camera work etc

It will be very erroneous to equate the quality of yesterday's cameras to today's top notch quality pixels...

That's undeniable fact. So KOK is totally right.
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by NamelessOGBENI(m): 3:58am On Dec 15, 2021
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

3 mistakes you should not make:

1. Overthinking
2. Showing off too early
3. Chasing instant gratifications

lipsrsealed
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by jacoik(m): 6:25am On Dec 15, 2021
Chno:
Please bro, how do i download movies from YouTube? i only know how to watch it online
very simple. Go the the YouTube and side of the movie, you will see download. But mine you, the download video will be on your YouTube channel ooooooo, even when you off your data you can still watch your downloaded movie
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by LofiLogic: 6:35am On Dec 15, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
sadly, they also had GARBAGE movie quality, GARBAGE sound, GARBAGE acting, GARBAGE visuals, GARBAGE camera work etc

Cumot acting for ur list please, cus all our great actors in Nigeria are veteran actors meaning they acted in the same era K.O.K was talking about
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by brain54(m): 8:56am On Dec 15, 2021
Winner90:
This is absolutely true. Nollywood fans related with nollywood classics because such movies were rich storylines that were well directed, with a strong cultural background. The ONLY weakpoint being poor cinematography, which is understandable. What we have now are poor stories, flamboyantly delivered with big budgets, and lacking clear direction. King of boys, wedding party come to mind.
The fact that all that some of the new generation makers have to do is to remake living in bondage and Nneka the pretty serpent of 30 yrs is an evidence that many of the current generation movie makers are found wanting in the creative art of storytelling.
Well I agree with you on everything you said.
Except the part you talked about remake of living in bondage.
That film apart from being a classic also has a lot of importance in the history and development of Nollywood as we know it today.
Even coming to America was remade after 30years or so.
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by Chno: 11:19am On Dec 15, 2021
What version of YouTube do you use bro?
jacoik:
very simple. Go the the YouTube and side of the movie, you will see download. But mine you, the download video will be on your YouTube channel ooooooo, even when you off your data you can still watch your downloaded movie
Re: Old Nollywood Had Better Storytelling – Kanayo O. Kanayo (Video) by shantti(m): 5:14pm On Dec 15, 2021
Back then patience ozokwo still dey learn work for wickedness. When it comes to wickedness, I give it all to Franca brown. Old movies is bae

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benue Flood: The Hypocritical Nature Of Nigerian Celebrities By Intriguing Lone / Rachel The Piper NGO Holds Outreach In Abaji, Extends Gratitude To Partners / Tiwi Kunle Remi Wife Biography & Full Traditional Wedding Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.