Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,773 members, 7,813,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 (10998 Views)

Emirates To Reduce Flights Frorn Dubai To Nigeria From 11 Per Week To 7 / UAE Backs Down, Concedes Seven Flight Slots To Air Peace / UAE Has Introduced 6 Months Tourist Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 15, 2021
[
The Federal Ministry of Aviation on Tuesday confirmed that the United Arab Emirates had increased the flight slots allotted to Air Peace, Nigeria’s largest commercial airline, to operate into UAE.

But Air Peace insisted on Tuesday that it was still awaiting the official receipt of the reported letter from the United Arab Emirates on the concession of seven flight slots to the carrier by the UAE government.

The carrier said although media reports had earlier stated that the UAE wrote to the airline on the development, there was no official notice to that effect as of Tuesday.

But the Director, Public Affairs, FMA, James Odaudu, told our correspondent that it was true that the UAE had allotted increased flight slots to Air Peace.

“I can confirm that the story is true and that the UAE has increased the flight slots of Air Peace in the United Arab Emirates,” he stated.

However, the airline maintained that it had yet to receive any official letter to that effect despite the letter being circulated online which was reportedly written to the carrier by UAE authorities.

“If they (UAE) have conceded such number of slots to us they would normally write to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, since is a matter between Nigeria and UAE,” a spokesperson for Air Peace, Stanley Oliseh, told our correspondent.

He added, “So I can’t confirm that at the moment. But if need be I’ll definitely confirm it. I’m not aware such a letter got to us, although I’ve seen it flying around electronically.

“I don’t know if it leaked or if it was deliberate but I just can’t speak on that at the moment in terms of confirmation. However, once we have an update on our Dubai operations we will let the public know via our regular communication channels.”

The seeming diplomatic row between Nigeria and UAE had persisted since the outbreak of COVID-19, and it increased after the Omicron variant emerged.

On Friday, for instance, the Federal Government provided explanations on why it had to cut down the daily flights of UAE’s Emirates Airlines to just one per week to the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

Nuhu said in a statement that the Minister of Aviation graciously approved the winter schedule as requested without any hindrance or arrival slots requirements in the spirit and intent of the Bilateral Air Services Agreement between Nigeria and UAE.

He further stated that Air Peace Airlines, the only Nigerian airline that operated passenger flights to Sharjah International Airport in UAE, requested for three weekly passenger flight frequencies and was granted only one weekly passenger flight frequency.

The NCAA boss stated that the Director-General of General Civil Aviation Authority in the UAE attributed this action to non-availability of arrival slots at Sharjah International Airport.

Nuhu said, “Bilateral Air Services Agreement between countries are based on the principle of reciprocity for transparency and fairness to both sides.

“While Nigerian authorities approved the request of Emirates Airlines, UAE authorities acted in total disregard of the terms and provisions of the BASA between the two countries by approving one out of the three weekly passenger flight frequencies requested by Air Peace Airlines.”

Nuhu said he held a held a series of meetings with his GCAA UAE counterpart at the sidelines of the ICAO Air Negotiation Conference in Bogota, Colombia which all ended in stalemates.

“The Minister of Aviation (Nigeria) decided to apply the principle of reciprocity and withdraw the approval of the winter schedule given to Emirates Airlines and instead approved one weekly flight frequency to Abuja on Thursday,” Nuhu stated in the statement.

He said he notified the Country Manager of Emirates Airlines and DG GCAA of the new approved weekly passenger flight schedule.

“We want to assure the public that national interests in all aviation matters will be jealously guided and protected while regretting any inconvenience this action might caused,” the NCAA boss stated.

Also Emirates in a statement issued on Friday had announced the suspension of its flights to Nigeria.

https://punchng.com/fg-confirms-uaes-slots-for-air-peace-airline-awaits-letter/?amp

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 15, 2021
Air Peace Igbo owner is enjoying privilege Dangote an Hausa man enjoy from Govt.

It is never about tribe but value. When ur business is of value to the country ( not just ordinary importation which anyone can do), any govt will support you irrespective of d tribe of those in power as long as you don't take side in partisan politics.

132 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by athaboi(f): 6:29am On Dec 15, 2021
It was a good fight then

11 Likes

Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by helinues: 6:31am On Dec 15, 2021
Very good

It's important for a president of any nation to have balls .

Nice one FG

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by SwissMass: 6:32am On Dec 15, 2021
Buhari have done it again and again

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by nzeobi(m): 6:32am On Dec 15, 2021
Good and I hope they have slots for both Dubai and Sharjah

4 Likes

Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by AuntyVanessa1(f): 6:35am On Dec 15, 2021
helinues:
Very good

It's important for a president of any nation to have balls .

Nice one FG

Don't tell me the skinny skeletal thing from Daura has any balls with him, because if he does, Iswap, Boko Haram and bandits won't be using humans for feast in the region he claimed he's from.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by helinues: 6:36am On Dec 15, 2021
AuntyVanessa1:

Don't tell me the skinny skeletal thing from Daura has any balls with him, because if he does, Iswap, Boko Haram and bandits won't be using humans for feast in the region he claimed he's from.

Hanty, this news is not about security but foreign affairs.

Read rule 1 properly and don't derail

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by TeeGentle(m): 6:43am On Dec 15, 2021
ok o
na dem sabi
Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by Downtownny: 7:38am On Dec 15, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:38am On Dec 15, 2021
Unclefemolala:

Nigeria is really standing their ground lately and I'm proud of them.

From Dubai reversing their role and allowing Air Peace a slot to we banning UK and now they having to revert. ALSO FACEBOOK and ZOOM are now being charged VAT of 7.5% ..which is rightly so as we all pay Sales tax on every foreign goods and services.
I don't see how one will be angry at this at the detriment of his country.
Even if one is not in support of APC..I think what matters is to be proud of what your country is doing right how and I really am proud.
I was laughing at ignorant folks who thinks we will beg Tourism dependent dubai.
A wise man you are.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by RichDad1(m): 7:38am On Dec 15, 2021
The way the FG is seriously fighting for Air Peace and Allen Onyema is very commendable.
But his kinsmen are too filled with hatred to acknowledge this.
I can only imagine the outrage if it’s a Northerner that’s at the receiving end of this magnanimity.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by seunlayi(m): 7:38am On Dec 15, 2021
Ok
Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:38am On Dec 15, 2021
Firefox01:
Shame on stupid Nigerians who were still insulting the FG and were supporting the UAE covertly and overtly. Y'all will continue getting disgraced by God's grace grin
Nicely written.
A big shame on those terrible and hateful swines.
God bless you.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by Harneyprojects: 7:38am On Dec 15, 2021
It's commendable the manner and zeal the FG is figthing for an indigenous company.
I wish they would fight for us all expecially building construction companies like Harneyprojects limited suffering under the encroachment by foreigners into the buiding construction industry in Nigeria expecially in Abuja.

4 Likes

Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by itsme01: 7:40am On Dec 15, 2021
cool

Bullharry

First it was UK, now UAE

1 Like

Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by LibraKing: 7:40am On Dec 15, 2021
eye for an eye is good sometimes

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by KillIgbohoN0W: 7:41am On Dec 15, 2021
LibraKing:
eye for an eye is good sometimes

All the time.
Never listen to pastors and your life will be smoother.

5 Likes

Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by JosephXavier: 7:41am On Dec 15, 2021
This is highly commendable from FG

They really did the right thing here

I wonder why UAE will be so callous, a country gave your airline 21 slots in a week and demanded for just 3 in return and it became a big deal

Congratulations to our Airpeace

6 Likes

Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by prophetfire: 7:42am On Dec 15, 2021
life2017:
Air Peace Igbo owner is enjoying privilege Dangote an Hausa man enjoy from Govt.

It is never about tribe but value. When ur business is of value to the country ( not just ordinary importation which anyone can do), any govt will support you irrespective of d tribe of those in power as long as you don't take side in partisan politics.
You call importation "ordinary" and says anyone can do it? Oya na, go and venture into it and see for yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by Elidrisy20: 7:43am On Dec 15, 2021
Nothing concern me
Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by FreeStuffsNG: 7:44am On Dec 15, 2021
God bless Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by SWORD419(m): 7:45am On Dec 15, 2021
Action man( buhari) we as the giant of Africa cant continue to take nonsense, had it been air peace was owned by a northerner them Igbos piglets would not have let us rest!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by usolarrk: 7:45am On Dec 15, 2021
[s]
KillIgbohoN0W:

All the time.
Never listen to pastors and your life will be smoother.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by Ppogbae: 7:45am On Dec 15, 2021
I thought Buhari hates Igbos? cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:46am On Dec 15, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
God bless Nigeria
Amen.
God bless you too.
You are a patriot.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Air Peace: FG Confirms That UAE Has Increased Flying Slots To 7 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:46am On Dec 15, 2021
Ppogbae:
I thought Buhari hates Igbos? cheesy
Na the children of hate, frustrations and perdition.
Losers in life.
Frustrated souls dey talk dat one.

PMB love us igbos,
Only Igbos swines can say otherwise.

SWORD419:
Action man( buhari) we as the giant of Africa cant continue to take nonsense, had it been air peace was owned by a northerner them Igbos piglets would not have let us rest!
Onyema love PMB to the moon and back.

Igbos are very unfortunate set of animals.
Along with their senior brother 'Boko Haram'.

Amadioha punish Igbos swines and Boko Haram.

10 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Different Road Junctions & The Best Ways To Drive Through According To NHC / Is It Possible For Person To Travel From Nigeria To South Africa By Land / How Do I Get From Oshodi To Yaba (urgent Pls)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.