Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

How Was 2021 Like For You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Was 2021 Like For You? (1118 Views)

What Growing Up In A Violent Home Felt Like For Rita & How She's Recovering / African Parents And Sex Education; How Was Puberty Like For You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Was 2021 Like For You? by Lamanii22(f): 12:59am On Dec 16, 2021
Was.it tough? Easy? Did you reach your goals? Did you lost someone? Did you travel out? Or rather what are You grateful for?

Please share with us.....

Mine: I am grateful to God for life and sound health although I didn't achieve much this year,so many people died in the estate where I live, it was so scary that I thought I wouldn't live to see another day, even my brother was already telling me the pin to all his accounts that I am his next of kin blah blah looool.... well, RIP to all those who died.... I had my baby in the 3rd of January this year, I didn't have carryovers in my exams, my baby's birthday is coming up and I don't have a dime in my bank accounts.... But I am trussing in the Lord.....

Through it all I am grateful ❣️
Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by Nobody: 1:31am On Dec 16, 2021
am not grateful for anything.....this year fvcked me up real bad... it's well Sha.

Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by Jamesbiodun(m): 1:36am On Dec 16, 2021
Few days to the end of 2021 and I can't say I achieve anything this year but I believe there is hope for me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by suffering: 3:57am On Dec 16, 2021
If I reach all my goals then what is the point of being alive? 2021 was just there. I spent most of it in dreamland as my company laid us off so I survived off savings and the security of my father’s house. Here’s a toast to 2022 which I’ll start off with a visit to the white man’s land hoping to scrounge off illegal employment before coming back to enter a new job role.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by wunmi590(m): 4:58am On Dec 16, 2021

How was?, when we are still in 2021, continue

1 Like

Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by snitchbitch: 6:01am On Dec 16, 2021
CLICK THIS LINK TO EARN AS YOU WATCH, REFER OR INVITE OTHERS TOO TO EARN,

THE MORE YOUR REFERRAL, THE MORE YOU EARN, USE MY REFERRAL CODE TO JOIN
https://hq-video.xyz/5813513297365004

THANKS
Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by Lamanii22(f): 7:22am On Dec 20, 2021
michael77777:
am not grateful for anything.....this year fvcked me up real bad... it's well Sha.

Kilode now, at least you're alive... I didn't even achieve anything at all, I was jobless all through the year... And I had a baby to feed, my husband's business went down the drain... I was grateful regardless, someone even offered to teach me on how to make money on WhatsApp, he said I should pay N5000, simple 5,000 I don't have.... Until this Lagos state free training stuff came out last minute....
Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 20, 2021
i
Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 20, 2021
Hunger is the other of the day. And I learn to distrust women for getting all the attention and so many free food from guys while I dey struggle with my unsympathetic stomach. That's you see 80% of girls misbehaving. I come to hate my lying mother for bringing me here and trying to mould me into a docile mommy's boy and forcing christian doctrine on me, uutoooin I be bastard igbo smoker and a fucking drugger. E good say you don die, if not me and you for get wahala. I come to hate my body for being a deadly tyrant. I come to hate women for denying me my right becos of one thing one thing and glutoniously gulping all the romance and sex for themselves, still yet, them no go still allow my eye know peace with their mini skirt and half unclothedness. I came to humanity for their raw wickedness, plain evil. Especially women, one day one day we shall meet in the field of honor and we will find out just how honorable your are.
Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by annayawchee: 8:54am On Dec 20, 2021
2021... We came, we saw and we will conquer it alive..

In this year, I felt every emotions,
I was depressed, hopeless and even suicidal but I held on to life.

In the midst of all the chaos I manage to reach my set goals for the year..

Laid a foundation for better years ahead...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by Sonnobax15(m): 9:33am On Dec 20, 2021
lipsrsealed
The good,the bad and the ugly,I've so far tasted all of 'em three this year...But God's really been to me cool. I can't neglect that as a fact.......... Little achievements made,and still believe say after the end of this year, everywhere go stew one kind.

1 Like

Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by OAra: 10:01am On Dec 20, 2021
I lost my old job, found a new one. Had to deal with the retarded Italian government that doesn't give a damn about helping you unless you are already rich. Hope next year goes better.

1 Like

Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 20, 2021
OAra:
I lost my old job, found a new one. Had to deal with the retarded Italian government that doesn't give a damn about helping you unless you are already rich. Hope next year goes better.

Our talk never finish. What is it like in your country? What do you think of Nigerians. How did you come across Nairaland?
Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by OAra: 12:56pm On Dec 20, 2021
ilduce31:

Our talk never finish. What is it like in your country? What do you think of Nigerians. How did you come across Nairaland?

Hey. To put it simply, Italy is a very rich country on the surface, but as soon as you look at the wealth distribution you notice that there is a huge difference between "poor", "middle class" and "rich". Unless you fall in the last 2, you're kind of screwed - high taxes, little welfare, a lot of parasitism...you name it.

Add on top of that the fact that there is a huge difference in how much different jobs pay, to the tune of some jobs paying on average 70k Euro (give or take 32 629 553.77 naira - converted using google so maybe it's inaccurate) or more, while others pay only 20k (9 322 729 naira).

Note that there is some difference in cost of living between regions, but overall the cost of living is very high, especially in the North (where essentially all good-paying jobs are), so you can understand how a lot of young workers are not very well-off.

About Nigerians - I met a few and we became friends a few years ago, during university. Decent people, but with a population of over 206 millions, there are surely some rotten eggs as well - like we say, there is bound to be 1 rotten apple together with 9 good ones out of every 10.

About Nairaland - I found it in 2016 by chance. The website for some reason does not let me reset my password for the old account, so I simply made a new one (and I did not use my old one a lot - I mainly read, rather than write).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by OAra: 1:02pm On Dec 20, 2021
Just to add to my answer, to give an example - let's say you earn 30 000 euro/year (13 986 389.40 naira). That's 2500 euro/month. Great, except that taxes will take at least 750 out of that, rent/mortgage will eat at least another 800 (I have seen rents up to 1400 euro/month in the big cities), add on top of that food, fuel for the car (forget about public transports outside of major cities), electricity/heating (which is quite costly, especially now due to the row with Russia) etc, and you see how many people simply can't really cope with the absurd cost of living (and so either find roommates or go live with their gf/wife outside of the city, which sadly adds commute and thus reduces the time one can spend with his family)

1 Like

Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 20, 2021
ilduce31:
Hunger is the other of the day. And I learn to distrust women for getting all the attention and so many free food from guys while I dey struggle with my unsympathetic stomach. That's you see 80% of girls misbehaving. I come to hate my lying mother for bringing me here and trying to mould me into a docile mommy's boy and forcing christian doctrine on me, uutoooin I be bastard igbo smoker and a fucking drugger. E good say you don die, if not me and you for get wahala. I come to hate my body for being a deadly tyrant. I come to hate women for denying me my right becos of one thing one thing and glutoniously gulping all the romance and sex for themselves, still yet, them no go still allow my eye know peace with their mini skirt and half unclothedness. I came to humanity for their raw wickedness, plain evil. Especially women, one day one day we shall meet in the field of honor and we will find out just how honorable your are.

Bitterness just full your post.
No matter what, you are still alive. Hopelessness can become opportunities so please let love lead.

1 Like

Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 20, 2021
OAra:

Hey. To put it simply, Italy is a very rich country on the surface, but as soon as you look at the wealth distribution you notice that there is a huge difference between "poor", "middle class" and "rich". Unless you fall in the last 2, you're kind of screwed - high taxes, little welfare, a lot of parasitism...you name it.

Add on top of that the fact that there is a huge difference in how much different jobs pay, to the tune of some jobs paying on average 70k Euro (give or take 32 629 553.77 naira - converted using google so maybe it's inaccurate) or more, while others pay only 20k (9 322 729 naira).

Note that there is some difference in cost of living between regions, but overall the cost of living is very high, especially in the North (where essentially all good-paying jobs are), so you can understand how a lot of young workers are not very well-off.

About Nigerians - I met a few and we became friends a few years ago, during university. Decent people, but with a population of over 206 millions, there are surely some rotten eggs as well - like we say, there is bound to be 1 rotten apple together with 9 good ones out of every 10.

About Nairaland - I found it in 2016 by chance. The website for some reason does not let me reset my password for the old account, so I simply made a new one (and I did not use my old one a lot - I mainly read, rather than write).

At least, you be Oyunbo with cute hair glowing skin. It's not like our hair that is like Sampaper.

1 Like

Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by OAra: 2:34pm On Dec 20, 2021
ilduce31:

At least, you be Oyunbo with cute hair glowing skin. It's not like our hair that is like Sampaper.

Thanks, but honestly one shouldn't put himself down so much man.

2 Likes

Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by bjprodint1: 3:04pm On Dec 20, 2021
January to july was horrible,august to december was"is"filled with testimony#TEMItope

1 Like

Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by Mariangeles(f): 3:10pm On Dec 20, 2021
ilduce31:

If inferiority complex was a person... undecided

1 Like

Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 20, 2021
Mariangeles:

If inferiority complex was a person... undecided

That your hair when dey spoil pilo. Even relaxer gon dey cut cap. You want try the yansh, e be like watin them use Kiwi polish handle.

1 Like

Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by Mariangeles(f): 3:16pm On Dec 20, 2021
ilduce31:

That your hair when dey spoil pilo. Even relaxer gon dey cut cap. You want try the yansh, e be like watin them use Kiwi polish handle.

E ma pele e!
Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 20, 2021
Mariangeles:

E ma pele e!

Even the lips gon be like watin the use wash back of pot.
Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 20, 2021
Mariangeles:

E ma pele e!

Next time you go dey your lane. One atom of joy no dey with me like this.

1 Like

Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by Mariangeles(f): 3:21pm On Dec 20, 2021
ilduce31:

Next time you go dey your lane. One atom of joy no dey with me like this.

Pele o! grin

1 Like

Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by GboyegaD(m): 3:22pm On Dec 20, 2021
Although it started on a not too pleasant note, it is ending well.

1 Like

Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 20, 2021
Mariangeles:

Pele o! grin

angry
Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by Lamanii22(f): 11:22pm On Dec 20, 2021
GboyegaD:
Although it started on a not too pleasant note, it is ending well.

Awwwn amen
Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by Lamanii22(f): 7:52am On Dec 21, 2021
Jamesbiodun:
Few days to the end of 2021 and I can't say I achieve anything this year but I believe there is hope for me

Same here, keep the hope alive!
Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by Lamanii22(f): 7:55am On Dec 21, 2021
annayawchee:
2021... We came, we saw and we will conquer it alive..

In this year, I felt every emotions,
I was depressed, hopeless and even suicidal but I held on to life.

In the midst of all the chaos I manage to reach my set goals for the year..

Laid a foundation for better years ahead...

Awwwn you're amazing kiss
Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by Cokahot: 7:55am On Dec 21, 2021
I lost 6m in August,got depressed till November.
Re: How Was 2021 Like For You? by Lamanii22(f): 5:51pm On Dec 22, 2021
Cokahot:
I lost 6m in August,got depressed till November.

Awwwwn I'm really sorry Hun.... Look on the right side, good days are hereee!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heart Warming Photos Of Couples At Old Age / Scam Bait That Went To Front Page And People Fell For It. / If Your Wife Comes To You And Say This ,what Would You do ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.