Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland (4662 Views)

Opobo And Bonny Are Ijaws-Dr Silver Opusunju,ex-,governorship Candidate / Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos / We Have Now Established That Victory Is Not By Crowd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by Biafrarep(m): 3:23pm On Dec 17, 2021
chrisxxx:

The only people who say they own Bonny and Opobo are Igbos not living there. The people living there presently including my friends like Chris Brown, Charles Jaja, Chris Hart all claim to be Ijaw. Some of them speak Ibo no doubt but hardly bear Igbo name.

Lol, so Chris Brown, Charles Jaja, Chris Hart etc are now ijaw names?

Many of the coastal tribes be it Efik, Igbos, Ijaws etc began to answer English and Portuguese names as far back as the 1700's because of their interactions with Europeans. In Calabar, you will see them answering Henshaw, Silver etc. In other parts of Niger Delta foreign names like Hart, Brown, Chris etc became popular.

Even many names the Ijaws are claiming today as traditional titles were corrupted English and Portuguese phrases. Pepple became Perekule, "Eighty bucks" for a foreign cloth became "Etibor"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by ChinenyeN(m): 3:34pm On Dec 17, 2021
Fbisshit:
Many lies have been told about bonny and opobo. Now the truth is about to be told and when the time is right all lies will be dismantled one by one and any force that wouldn't accept the truth will go down with the lies...

ChinenyeN
I’m confused as to why I’m being referenced here. Feel free to clarify at your own leisure, if you will. Thanks.
Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by Christistruth00: 3:58pm On Dec 17, 2021
2 weeks ago DrNelly of IPOB claimed that Ilaje Ugbo, Ijebu Igbo , Alaba (Ala Aba) and Idumota Markets in Lagos were part of Igboland Idu Kingdom

Yorubas were just looking at her, and wondering if it was an Mkpuru Miri hangover

1 Like

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by Christistruth00: 4:05pm On Dec 17, 2021
chrisxxx:
Igbos are gradually getting inroad to the Atlantic. They owe Etche, Ahoada, All Ikwerre Land, Okrika, Opobo then to Bonny. The deed is done. May I also remind you that you have not annexed some of your foreign territories like Gabon, Haiti, Jamaica, Guyanna and Brazil. There are Igbos here too.

Ijebu Igbo, Igbo Ora, and the entire Igbo-Mina tribe of SW
Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by oyatz(m): 4:09pm On Dec 17, 2021
Biafrarep:
Now it has been established that Opobo and Bonny are both Igboland, with all facts and evidences already pointing to that, is anyone still in doubt that Igboland/Biafra will be one of Africa's greatest nations if/when Nigeria finally breaks up?

I see Bonny and Opobo reclaiming their precolonial greatness under Biafra because it was largely the rest of Igboland that contributed to its earlier massive wealth due to enormous trade that flowed within the region until the British colonialists arrived and forced the great Jaja of Opobo into exile. Since then until now, the two famous city states declined but the emergence of a unified Igboland trading seamlessly like they did in the past will definitely reestablish the greatness of the region. It will certainly be a win-win for the aborigines of Opobo and Bonny, as well as all other Igbos.

Unknown to many, Lagos was just empty swamplands when Bonny and Opobo were already great cities! It is actually the loss of these great cities that made Lagos what it is today because if we had maintained trade inflows and outflows through Bonny and Opobo like we did in the past, instead of channeling it through Lagos like we are currently doing, the areas would have been among the most developed in Africa today!

Unfortunately, the "jo-men" who were all noted by the early explorers as "teeth-filing" savages may eventually return to their militancy and pirate activities just like they did since recorded history. However, to effectively counter this potentially unsavory situation, we must as a necessity build a very strong navy that will patrol our waters and ensure it's safe at all times.

The future is indeed very bright!!!

Very tactless and undiplomatic.

This was exactly what made the coastal peoples supported the Federal Government to effect a blockade against Biafra that led to the liquidation of Biafra.
Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 17, 2021
Biafrarep:

We will rather remain in Nigeria than leave any inch of Igboland behind, not Opobo and not Bonny!

When the civil war ended in 1970, there was massive anti Igbo sentiments in Nigeria then. It was at this period that everyone began to distance themselves from the Igbo tag to avoid oppression. I once watched a BBC documentary were Igbo indigenes in Rivers State were lamenting that some of their lands have been seized and their children can't get work in the oil industry. That when they complain, they would be told to return to East Central State!

I think the best thing for us as Igbos is to ride the storm and allow Nigeria to break up on its own. This would afford us the opportunity to be at the table when the borders would be redrawn instead of fighting an already dying Nigeria and be forced into accepting unreasonable terms prematurely. Breaking away while the rest of Nigeria remains together will enable Fulanis to align with the ijaws and poach our territories.

We must be smart!!!
I can bet my money you have never been to either Bonny or Opobo before

Yet you're here disturbing our peace.
Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by chrisxxx(m): 4:09pm On Dec 17, 2021
Christistruth00:

Ijebu Igbo, Igbo Ora, and the entire Igbo-Mina tribe of SW
Thanks for reminding them.

1 Like

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 17, 2021
oyatz:

This was exactly what made the coastal peoples supported the Federal Government to effect a blockade against Biafra that led to the liquidation of Biafra.
The funny thing is that he has never been to any of those places he mention.

He will be humbled the day he go to any of this places and reality hits him hard.

1 Like

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by Rugaria: 4:16pm On Dec 17, 2021
Igbos should be stationing serious men at Opobo and Bonny .
Any immigrants from Ghana that try any nonsense should be driven back into the sea from whence they wriggled out from...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by Rugaria: 4:18pm On Dec 17, 2021
oyatz:

We can see where tact and diplomacy have led your kind to at Ilorin..
Diplomacy has made all your ports to be Fulani conduit pipes. You can't even control the ports in your land! The immigrants from Niger, run the ports while your sons are known as wharf rats! In your land!!!
Ndi sophisticated diplomats..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by mikeweezy(m): 4:24pm On Dec 17, 2021
Ipop with their online dreams and achievement undecided
Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by Biafrarep(m): 4:44pm On Dec 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
I can bet my money you have never been to either Bonny or Opobo before

Yet you're here disturbing our peace.

Why are you yorubas always jumping into any Igbo related thread to cause nuisance? Someone that has never stepped out of obomosho is here talking about travel.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by Biafrarep(m): 4:48pm On Dec 17, 2021
oyatz:

[s]Very tactless and undiplomatic.

This was exactly what made the coastal peoples supported the Federal Government to effect a blockade against Biafra that led to the liquidation of Biafra.[/s]

Trash!!!

All the scratch face, sewage soup guzzling afonjas are now creeping out in their numbers to cause nuisance.

Las Las na Igbo matter go choke all of you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by Biafrarep(m): 4:50pm On Dec 17, 2021
Christistruth00:

[s]2 weeks ago DrNelly of IPOB claimed that Ilaje Ugbo, Ijebu Igbo , Alaba (Ala Aba) and Idumota Markets in Lagos were part of Igboland Idu Kingdom

Yorubas were just looking at her, and wondering if it was an Mkpuru Miri hangover[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by IDENNAA(m): 5:12pm On Dec 17, 2021
oyatz:

While I might not fancy the tone of this OP you should be the last person to speak on issues of civility.....have you seized being a yoruba tribalist ? I have see your post on your pathetic attempt at playing the fair and advocate of Igbo adversaries. A snake will always give birth to a snake. Your people are not known for your justice system....you don't even know what is democracy and division of power until the white man arrived. You people practiced monarchy for christ sake!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by IDENNAA(m): 5:16pm On Dec 17, 2021
Biafrarep:

Why are you yorubas always jumping into any Igbo related thread to cause nuisance? Someone that has never stepped out of obomosho is here talking about travel.

Because Igbo is their worse nightmare!! Then shiver when they hear Igbo.

When they are slogging it out with their Bini cousins we stay away because their importance and values are irrelevant to an average Igbo man but soon as an Igbo thread is created the heart palpitations starts....we scare the living day light out of these ccowards

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 17, 2021
Biafrarep:

fool! I hope Igbos will also claim other ibani lands like Finima cheesy

If you no want our comments, make you go dey talk your nonsense for another forum, no b for this Nairaland Una go dey talk shit.

Opobo and Bonny are both Ibani lands like places like Finima. No propaganda by okoros from Abakaliki will change this facts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by christistruth01: 6:05pm On Dec 17, 2021
oyatz:

grin grin grin grin grin

Please there are still sensible People like Udele and ,Blessedom that are fighting against them day and night

alanto:

You have killed roasted and eaten all the sensible igbos in your region. Yet you wake up every single day to attack people you find peaceful.

Any Ethnic Groups following IPOB to Biafra would be roasted in Place of the Christmas Turkeys
grin grin grin grin grin
Is it any wonder then why SS Tribes are completely unimpressed and uninterested in going with IPOB's Biafra,
it is in the interest Of their own Self Preservation grin grin grin grin grin

They would be like Turkeys voting for Christmas

especially as IPOB are so desperate to takeover the SS ancestral lands that IPOB are already busy rewriting their History for them just like Ojukwu did just before he ordered his Biafran Army to deport them from their Ancestral Lands

1 Like

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by Fbisshit: 6:07pm On Dec 17, 2021
ChinenyeN:

I’m confused as to why I’m being referenced here. Feel free to clarify at your own leisure, if you will. Thanks.
your mention was not accidental neither do I owe you any explanation.

And you should know by now that people have come to know your choice of topics and when I see one, I'll endeavour to mention you.
Thank you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by BKayy: 6:10pm On Dec 17, 2021
IDENNAA:

Because Igbo is their worse nightmare!! Then shiver when they hear Igbo.

When they are slogging it out with their Bini cousins we stay away because their importance and values are irrelevant to an average Igbo man but soon as an Igbo thread is created the heart palpitations starts....we scare the living day light out of these ccowards
LOL, I still remember those days like yesterday.
Ndigbo don't give a fvck what Bini or Yoruba are arguing or even if the two team up because whatever the result it, it will not and will never be a threat to Ndigbo

Unlike the Afonjas, just one Igbo man is a deadly threat to their existence talkless of a state or the whole people.
Just look at Afonjas. It is only an Afonja that will come by the day and say that Anambra is Igala, then at Night that Anambra is Bini on behalf of the Minorities that are being cautious.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by RobbStark(m): 6:38pm On Dec 17, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
fool! I hope Igbos will also claim other ibani lands like Finima cheesy

If you no want our comments, make you go dey talk your nonsense for another forum, no b for this Nairaland Una go dey talk shit.

Opobo and Bonny are both Ibani lands like places like Finima. No propaganda by okoros from Abakaliki will change this facts

Just ask them if they know road to Opobo town.
Allow them win here in Nland.
The real winners are already there.

Come to think of it, is there no Ibo man from Opobo or Bonny.??
Are they not members of this forum?? Why aren't they commenting?? Oh! I forgot, there isnt any Ibo man from those places.
The ones we have are in Anambra, Owerri claiming to own those places.

Yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by ChinenyeN(m): 6:46pm On Dec 17, 2021
Fbisshit:
your mention was not accidental neither do I owe you any explanation.

And you should know by now that people have come to know your choice of topics and when I see one, I'll endeavour to mention you.
Thank you!

Lol. I’m still not understanding your intent or expectation here, so I’ll just leave you be.

Anyhow, @thread. There is another thread here on Nairaland where Igbo nationalists were arguing with Ijaw nationalists about the origins of Bonny. Go and look it up (The true extent of Alaigbo thread). If anyone wants, go and see my contribution in that thread, if you want to know my “choice of topics” on this subject. Some people on this platform obviously have short term memories.
Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 17, 2021
RobbStark:

Just ask them if they know road to Opobo town.
Allow them win here in Nland.
The real winners are already there.

Come to think of it, is there no Ibo man from Opobo or Bonny.??
Are they not members of this forum?? Why aren't they commenting?? Oh! I forgot, there isnt any Ibo man from those places.
The ones we have are in Anambra, Owerri claiming to own those places.

Yeye dey smell
Igbos are just something else

I wish it was when I was working along the Opobo/Bonny axis dem dey talk this rubbish I 4 invite them over.

A man from Abakaliki can't be claiming Opobo is igboland grin

1 Like

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by oyatz(m): 7:10pm On Dec 17, 2021
chrisxxx:
Igbos are gradually getting inroad to the Atlantic. They owe Etche, Ahoada, All Ikwerre Land, Okrika, Opobo then to Bonny. The deed is done. May I also remind you that you have not annexed some of your foreign territories like Gabon, Haiti, Jamaica, Guyanna and Brazil. There are Igbos here too.

They also own 80% of Lagos and control 90% of its economy
Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by oyatz(m): 7:18pm On Dec 17, 2021
JOemmy:
I personally don't think that the ijaws are the real owners of Bonny and Opobo but looking at the current events in nigeria the ijaws seems to have fully taken over these two great towns politically from the igbos since after the defeat of the igbos in the biafran war. The nigerian state deliberately cut off many important strategic igbo speaking communities to the so called south south to weaken the igbo nation so that they will never be able be strong to challenge the nigerian state again igbos will surely have to go to war with the ijaws if nigeria disintegrates to claim back Opobo and Bonny no other way out.

Before the beginning of the civil war in 1967, were the kings, chiefs and war-canoe houses of Bonny and Opobo ijaws or Igbos?

1 Like

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by chrisxxx(m): 7:22pm On Dec 17, 2021
oyatz:

They also own 80% of Lagos and control 90% of its economy
Lol.. surprisingly only Igbos know history. The other parts of Nigeria do not know history. You just have to take their skewed narratives.

2 Likes

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by oyatz(m): 7:30pm On Dec 17, 2021
Rugaria:
Igbos should be stationing serious men at Opobo and Bonny .
Any immigrants from Ghana that try any nonsense should be driven back into the sea from whence they wriggled out from...

Attempts to replicate this in Oyigbo in 2020 caused Gov Wike of Rivers State to deal ruthlessly with you guys.
Try to learn from past mistakes and be diplomatic in your relationship with your neigbouring tribes.
Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by Rugaria: 7:36pm On Dec 17, 2021
oyatz:

Attempts to replicate this in Oyigbo in 2020 caused Gov Wike of Rivers State to deal ruthlessly with you guys.
Try to learn from past mistakes and be diplomatic in your relationship with your neigbouring tribes.
Your sophisticated diplomacy didn't save your hairy butt at igangan via Ibarappa..., So?

5 Likes

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 17, 2021
oyatz:

The funny thing is that the people shouting dey own Opobo or Bonny are not even from any of those places.

Dey are from Abakaliki, Aba, Onitsha, Afikpo etc

But all shouting dey own Opobo grin

Only the Ibanis can decide who dey are, and they never see themselves as Ibo

Ibanis are now working on their own language. Very soon, they will stop speaking the Igbo language in Opobo and the rest of ibani land.

https://m./100730196680313?view=announcements&refid=18

Ibos are just very funny people, that's how dem go dey claim Ikas as ibos grin

Ibo land start and end in the South East.
Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 17, 2021
oyatz:

One thing I noticed when I lived in that area sef be say, the people of Bonny and Opobo are not really united sef. The people in Bonny dey discriminate against people in Opobo.

And most of them no dey sell land to outsiders, which includes ibos too. They do not see ibos as their brothers cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by IGBOSON1: 8:10pm On Dec 17, 2021
Biafrarep:

Lol, so Chris Brown, Charles Jaja, Chris Hart etc are now ijaw names?

Many of the coastal tribes be it Efik, Igbos, Ijaws etc began to answer English and Portuguese names as far back as the 1700's because of their interactions with Europeans. In Calabar, you will see them answering Henshaw, Silver etc. In other parts of Niger Delta foreign names like Hart, Brown, Chris etc became popular.

Even many names the Ijaws are claiming today as traditional titles were corrupted English and Portuguese phrases. Pepple became Perekule, "Eighty bucks" for a foreign cloth became "Etibor"

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland by Alabo7978(m): 8:20pm On Dec 17, 2021
Biafrarep:

Lol, you're the one fooling yourself, every ijaw person from Bayelsa now claims to be from Opobo and Bonny.

In reality, many Opobo people will tell you they're Igbo. I met many of them in Aba while growing up. They still celebrate their biggest cultural event (the Nwaotam masquerade festival) in Aba and not Bayelsa! Their traditional rulers always visit their Ndoki relatives in Ukwa Ngwa areas!
nwaotam is a deity which guides the forest part of the hunter. it was obviously brought by the ibos who came to settle their later on.
now wetin concern hunting and forest part with the creeks?
no common sense at all.
ekpe is celebrated at okrika and calabari, but the Calabar people never once claimed those places, but useless IPOBIANS want to claim.
God forbid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo: FG, States Must Join Private Sector To Achieve High Productivity / Ramadan: Seek Allah’s Intervention Against Needless Bloodshed In Nigeria – Obi / Uduaghan Upgrade Public Schools In Delta To International Standard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.