Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos (5028 Views)

Ijaws And Igbos Only, Let's Explore Peaceful Setlements In Opobo And Bonny / Now It Has Been Established That Opobo & Bonny Are Igboland / My Eyes Are Filled With Tears Over Opobo And Bonny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by ThumbzTNA(m): 11:09pm On Sep 05, 2021
So the land grabbing ijaw drunken pirates have been busted.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by SlayerForever: 11:27pm On Sep 05, 2021
They've been busted truly my brother. cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by CXLVII: 11:27pm On Sep 05, 2021
SlayerForever:
[s][/s]

This sounds so stupid it is hard to believe it was a human being that wrote it.

Online you will say this, Let Ijaws catch you, you will be eaten with ogogoro.

8 Likes

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by ThumbzTNA(m): 11:29pm On Sep 05, 2021
SlayerForever:
They've been busted truly my brother. cheesy

I am still in shock my brother

9 Likes

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Ezewuzie01: 11:39pm On Sep 05, 2021
Opobo and Bonny are Igbo territory. Everyone knows that even the Ijaw deniers. It is just that Ipob mode of assertion is deemed too forceful and demeaning to even the Opbo and Bonny natives. Ipob must not make it look like they(Igboid clans outside the well-known groups) are commodities that can be purchased/possessed by fire by force. Respect is one thing that Ipob is lacking badly.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Rugaria: 11:41pm On Sep 05, 2021
SlayerForever:
[s][/s]

This sounds so stupid it is hard to believe it was a human being that wrote it.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by ThumbzTNA(m): 11:46pm On Sep 05, 2021
Ezewuzie01:

[s]
Opobo and Bonny are Igbo territory. Everyone knows that even the Ijaw deniers. It is just that Ipob mode of assertion is deemed too forceful and demeaning to even the Opbo and Bonny natives. Ipob must not make it look like they(Igboid clans outside the well-known groups) are commodities that can be purchased/possessed by fire by force. Respect is one thing that Ipob is lacking badly.
[/s]
Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Eastlink(m): 11:46pm On Sep 05, 2021
Both have always been Igbo. Don't mind the Wikipedia revision by Ijaw land grabbers.

All old and modern history about Bonny/Opobo have always recognized their Igbo identity. Even Chinua Achebe wrote about these people in Things Fall Apart when as those who worked as interpreters to the British colonialist. They used Ikem for me in their Ubani dialect and the people of Umuofia laughed at them as it meant backside in Umuofia.

When Archbishop Ajayi Crowther was spreading the missionary activity in Igboland, the first Igbo Bible was compiled in Bonny. Saint Stephen church was the first church the mass was conducted in Igbo, but Bonny people during the civil war allowed Isaac Boro and one Fombo from Finima to changed the Nso Nso Nso on the church alter to Ibani the Kalabari dialect spoken in Finima.

Today Bonny people are confused about their identity. Speaking Igbo language but thinking themselves Ijaws.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by BKayy: 11:50pm On Sep 05, 2021
Let me leave this here for those that can read.
Ubani, Opobo, Pepple house oh and everything concerning that side have always been Igbo.
Ijaw was not even existing then

This OPOBO and Ubani case is the practical example of the statement "a small pen is mightier than the longest sword" because small Ijaw was able to deceive over 200 million Nigerians for 51 years with a little changes/distortion of someone's history

16 Likes

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 11:52pm On Sep 05, 2021
cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by RZArecta(m): 11:56pm On Sep 05, 2021
The biggest fear of the North is a United Southern Nigeria. They spent the last few months through their useful, online idiôts to cause confusion between the Igbos and Yoruba, their plans were busted but considerable damage was done. For about a month now, their agenda has been to cause disunity between the Ijaw and Igbo hence you'll be sure to come across quite a few Ijaws vs Igbo threads around this politics section. 20-10-2020 scared these people a lot, they'll NEVER allow you southerners unite for a common cause again. Ignore trolls like the OP and focus

11 Likes

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 11:58pm On Sep 05, 2021
[s]
RZArecta:
The biggest fear of the North is a United Southern Nigeria. They spent the last few months through their useful, online idiôts to cause confusion between the Igbos and Yoruba, their plans were busted but considerable damage was done. For about a month now, their agenda has been to cause disunity between the Ijaw and Igbo hence you'll be sure to come across quite a few Ijaws vs Igbo threads around this politics section. 20-10-2020 scared these people a lot, they'll NEVER allow you southerners unite for a common cause again. Ignore trolls like the OP and focus
[/s]

We don't need United south all we need is United Igbo land including opobo kingdom cheesy grin go with your unity.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Eastlink(m): 12:01am On Sep 06, 2021
RZArecta:
Nothing like southern alliance. Southern alliance when others benefit while Igbos are at the receiving end. Had an Igbo being on the ballot in 2011 and 2015 instead of GEJ will the Ijaw have voted for him? It's on record that since the end of the civil war majority Ijaws have supported the north. Igbos yes have played their politics wrong, but will you blame them when they are seen as political orphans?

Others want their votes, but when it comes to reciprocating the favour another story will rear it's ugly head. We’ve seen this play out countless times. Southern unity will only be strengthened based on mutual respect.

11 Likes

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by BKayy: 12:02am On Sep 06, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:
[s][/s]

We don't need United south all we need is United Igbo land including opobo kingdom cheesy grin go with your unity.
They lost the debate and instantly turned to unity speakers.
Mtcheww... We are not even through with exposing them yet.

16 Likes

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by proeast(m): 12:02am On Sep 06, 2021
They're obviously still in shock indeed. Otherwise, tell me how all the ijaw miscreants on nairaland suddenly went extinct after this factual revelation that Opobo and Bonny are truly Igbo territories.

I'm really feeling for them because they would be depressed by now grin grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Eastlink(m): 12:05am On Sep 06, 2021
proeast:
They're obviously still in shock indeed. Otherwise, tell me how all the ijaw miscreants on nairaland suddenly went extinct after this factual revelation that Opobo and Bonny are truly Igbo territories.

I'm really feeling for them because they would be depressed by now grin grin
The Ijaws are consoled by Wikipedia and Prof. Alagoa’s fraudulent history book.

13 Likes

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by afube: 12:10am On Sep 06, 2021
CXLVII:

Let Ijaw people catch you! You know war runs in their blood

They will wipe off your lots from the face of the Earth

I am certain you have an idea of what they can do.

lol ! kai kai and explosives do not mix!................ Ijaws must be suicidal then, ndigbo will help them on the way to hell!

12 Likes

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by BKayy: 12:12am On Sep 06, 2021
Eastlink:
The Ijaws are consoled by Wikipedia and Prof. Alagoa’s fraudulent history book.
Wikipedia that we will change ASAP?

I've been trying to log on to Wikipedia for the past few hours but something seem to be wrong with my chrome.

Ijaw people have absolutely NO historical, cultural or linguistical backing to Ubani and Opobo. They are just riding on Nigerians ignorance, Illiteracy and hate for Ndigbo
The Pepple house they shout about everytime is even Igbo, everything Igbo.
They forgot that Pepple house traded with British and everything was documented from him directly. His ethnicity or country as the British called it was documented, his people documented. Everything

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Eastlink(m): 12:15am On Sep 06, 2021
BKayy:

Wikipedia that we will change ASAP?

I've been trying to log on to Wikipedia for the past few hours but it something seem to be wrong with my chrome.

Ijaw people have absolutely NO historical, cultural or linguistical backing to Ubani and Opobo. They are just riding on Nigerians ignorance, Illiteracy and hate for Ndigbo
The Pepple house they shout about everytime is even Igbo, everything Igbo.
They forgot that Pepple house traded with British and everything was documented from him directly. His ethnicity or country as the British called it was documented, his people documented. Everything
Editing it will be difficult but if people send queries on the perceived topic to Wikipedia it will be deleted as lacking historical and factual evidence. But at the moment, just as INC sponsored people to write that fake Bonny/Opobo history, Igbo groups should also sponsor their own write-ups with facts. But who will do it? INC/IYC seems to have a strong political will and backing than any Igbo group.

7 Likes

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by BiafraInc: 12:17am On Sep 06, 2021
CXLVII:

Let Ijaw people catch you! You know war runs in their blood

They will wipe off your lots from the face of the Earth

I am certain you have an idea of what they can do.

You mean Ijaw wey no reach 1million people? Did you know that Kalabari and Okirika are not Ijaws?

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by CXLVII: 12:26am On Sep 06, 2021
BiafraInc:

You mean Ijaw wey no reach 1million people? Did you know that Kalabari and Okirika are not Ijaws?

smh..

One Ijaw is equal to like 200 Igbo`s. Are you aware of this facts. This lots are born warriors. Their population is minimal, but their influence is greater than that of Igbos. They have produced a president before, and that should tell you alot. They are the defence mechanism of the South South.

They are more deadly than Fulani and not loud! If your lots pitch your tents against this tribe, I can assure you that it will end in tears.

Ijaws and itsekiris don't chest-beat, they are doers. #TalkandDo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by BiafraInc: 12:31am On Sep 06, 2021
CXLVII:

smh..

One Ijaw is equal to like 200 Igbo`s. Are you aware of this facts. This lots are born warriors. They population is minimal, ut their influence is greater than that of Igbos. They have produced a president before, and that should tell you alot. They are the defence mechanism of the South South.

They are more deadly than Fulani and not loud! If your lots pitch your tents against this tribe, I can assure you that it will end in tears.

Audio warriors!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by CXLVII: 12:36am On Sep 06, 2021
BiafraInc:

Audio warriors!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

History has it!

Eyes have seen and ears have heard.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Eastlink(m): 12:44am On Sep 06, 2021
CXLVII:

smh..

One Ijaw is equal to like 200 Igbo`s. Are you aware of this facts. This lots are born warriors. Their population is minimal, but their influence is greater than that of Igbos. They have produced a president before, and that should tell you alot. They are the defence mechanism of the South South.

I can see you stylishly want to drag others into your fights. Itshekiri’s know your tactics and will not join you in your macabre dance same for Edo who have learnt their lesson. So when are you giving Itshekiri’s back parts of Warri you landgrabbed during the ethnic crisis of the early 2000.

14 Likes

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by CXLVII: 12:49am On Sep 06, 2021
Eastlink:
I can see you stylishly want to drag others into your fights. Itshekiri’s know your tactics and will not join you in your macabre dance same for Edo who have learnt their lesson. So when are you giving Itshekiri’s back parts of Warri you landgrabbed during the ethnic crisis of the early 2000.

In the worsts of a rift between itsekiri and Ijaw, none will EVER pitch tent with Igbo`s. Seems you don't know how this lots see Igbo`s, or you just trying to hide it.

An Ikwerre man will prefer to eat with a Ijaw/Itsekiri man than an Igbo man #Facts

You cannot divide the south south!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by LagacyHills: 12:50am On Sep 06, 2021
Lol
Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by SweetiliciousD: 12:56am On Sep 06, 2021
CXLVII:

smh..

Stop hyping fallacious and baseless fiction

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by Eastlink(m): 12:58am On Sep 06, 2021
CXLVII:

In the worsts of a rift between itsekiri and Ijaw, none will EVER pitch tent with Igbo`s. Seems you don't know how this lots see Igbo`s, or you just trying to hide it.

An Ikwerre man will prefer to eat with a Ijaw/Itsekiri man than an Igbo man #Facts

You cannot divide the south south!
By the bolded I suppose you meant the ‘We South-South’ the mantra Ijaw nationalist used when they want other south-south tribes to fight Ijaw battle. And when it's time to share the booty like the amnesty program it becomes an only Ijaw affair. What is the difference between your pattern and the Fulani who uses the term Hausa/Fulani when it involves Fulani agenda. At least the Fulani use Hausa to fight but and share the booth alone when victory is won. But luckily the Hausa’s are gradually becoming smart just like the Itshekiri, Benin, Ikwerre, Urhobo and Efik/Ibibio you used to fight Igbos in the past.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw In Shock As Opobo And Bonny Are Revealed As Igbos by onumadu: 1:05am On Sep 06, 2021
CXLVII:

smh..

If you want to know the true warlike disposition of any group in Nigeria, you should read what the early European explorers said about them.
I have never read any European explorer account that did not describe Igbo as warlike. ALL OF THEM.
The fact that Igbo had the balls to fight the whole of Nigeria plus some world powers should settle that fact.
Nigeria has really made some ants to start seeing themselves as elephants. cheesy
Even Jona that became president was because an Igbo woman by the name of Dora Akunyili raised hell and forced the issue to the fore.
if not so, Jona would have quietly gone home and nothing would have happened.
As some point, some of you need to drop the bottle and use your heads for once.

22 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Assault: Obiano's Wife To Sue Bianca Ojukwu, Hires SAN (Picture) / Throwback Pictures Of Peter Obi, Ngige, Osibanjo And Obiano Inspecting Flood / Jonathan To Relocate Some Ministries To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.