Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,046 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Men's Relationship Standards For Women Has Declined - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men's Relationship Standards For Women Has Declined (730 Views)

These Kalabari Women Has Big As.s / Man Takes Back Everything He Bought For A Lady After She Declined His Proposal / Lady Says She Declined To Go On A Date With A Married Man, She Gets This (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men's Relationship Standards For Women Has Declined by Boss13: 4:29pm On Dec 16, 2021
Men's relationship standards has shown a tremendous decline. According to history, piety and virginity were huge requirements for marriage. A marriage proposal was hinged on these two pre-conditions before the proposal is issued. However, it appears young men are more willingly to marry anything that identifies as a woman and the standards are now basically having defining physical features to confirm being a woman. Some men even go below the standard scale to elope with women who already have kids.

In the Dating/Marriage market, the consumers are Men and the products, Women. Logically, if consumer preference and taste declines, it will impact on the product. This same logical is also applicable to higher consumer preference and taste. Hence, it is not surprising to see the decay and rottenness acceptable by men today. What is ironic is men criticising and condemning young women for the complete rejection of valuable standards. In my opinion, the men encourages the indecencies and debauchery. In fact, men promotes these behaviours in women.

If men want better women, then they must have and demand better standards and hold these standards without compromise. After all, the consumer determines the actual product quality and if this is not possible, it is expected for the consumer to move to another market. Rather than criticise women for behaviours they, themselves encourage, men should promote and uphold better standards for women to adapt into.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Men's Relationship Standards For Women Has Declined by emorse(m): 4:42pm On Dec 16, 2021
Nairaland babes coming after you like.....

2 Likes

Re: Men's Relationship Standards For Women Has Declined by advanceDNA: 5:13pm On Dec 16, 2021
Boss13:
Men's relationship standards has shown a tremendous decline. According to history, piety and virginity were huge requirements for marriage. A marriage proposal was hinged on these two pre-conditions before the proposal is issued. However, it appears young men are more willingly to marry anything that identifies as a woman and the standards are now basically having defining physical features to confirm being a woman. Some men even go below the standard scale to elope with women who already have kids.

In the Dating/Marriage market, the consumers are Men and the products, Women. Logically, if consumer preference and taste declines, it will impact on the product. This same logical is also applicable to higher consumer preference and taste. Hence, it is not surprising to see the decay and rottenness acceptable by men today. What is ironic is men criticising and condemning young women for the complete rejection of valuable standards. In my opinion, the men encourages the indecencies and debauchery. In fact, men promotes these behaviours in women.

If men want better women, then they must have and demand better standards and hold these standards without compromise. After all, the consumer determines the actual product quality and if this is not possible, it is expected for the consumer to move to another market. Rather than criticise women for behaviours they, themselves encourage, men should promote and uphold better standards for women to adapt into.

There’s no eating your cake and keeping it..

Everyone is having sex... even if you are not among those that disvirgin these girls you shaa some how contributed to the statistics of girls with with high body count on the street...

Meaning...When you are ready to marry, the chances you will find a Virgin will become really slim....it’s a vicious cycle

Let all of us make the right decision for once..
Both men and women should stop sexual immorality before marriage....

Automatically we we all Mary ourselves as virgins....

And by the way: both men and women are the consumers in this context ... the analogy of women are products while men are the consumers is just degrading..

2 Likes

Re: Men's Relationship Standards For Women Has Declined by Boss13: 5:44pm On Dec 16, 2021
advanceDNA:

There’s no eating your cake and keeping it..

Everyone is having sex... even if you are not among those that disvirgin these girls you shaa some how contributed to the statistics of girls with with high body count on the street...

Meaning...When you are ready to marry, the chances you will find a Virgin will become really slim....it’s a vicious cycle

Let all of us make the right decision for once..
Both men and women should stop sexual immorality before marriage....

Automatically we we all Mary ourselves as virgins....

And by the way: both men and women are the consumers in this context ... the analogy of women are products while men are the consumers is just degrading..

Apparently, this is what is obtainable at the moment.

My analogy is not degrading. Men initiate marriage and women accept. If men don't initiate marriage, there will be no acceptance. In this respect, men are actually the consumers of women. Hence, it is ought to men to decide the kind of women they want. You can put my theory to test. Hold a higher standard for women and watch the quality of women around you go high. At the other hand, approach the dating market with no standard and the low valued women will occupy your space.

2 Likes

Re: Men's Relationship Standards For Women Has Declined by advanceDNA: 5:55pm On Dec 16, 2021
Boss13:

Apparently, this is what is obtainable at the moment.

My analogy is not degrading. Men initiate marriage and women accept. If men don't initiate marriage, there will be no acceptance. In this respect, men are actually the consumers of women. Hence, it is ought to men to decide the kind of women they want. You can put my theory to test. Hold a higher standard for women and watch the quality of women around you go high. At the other hand, approach the dating market with no standard and the low valued women will occupy your space.

There’s no how you want to put it....it is degrading to refer to women as products in the market...

It’s the 21st century... both parties have standards... we not in the Stone Age where women are given to men like shoes, clothes, or property....

Altogether....I never said you shouldn’t have standards...it’s a free world.. I’m also an advocate of good morals and sexual discipline

. but we all contributed to the corruption of the women sample size....

So whether you have standards or not doesn’t change the fact that you will find a higher percentage of women that men have use and dumped... And that my friend is why you might wait till eternity to get the standards you want...
Re: Men's Relationship Standards For Women Has Declined by Boss13: 6:01pm On Dec 16, 2021
advanceDNA:

There’s no how you want to put it....it is degrading to refer to women as products in the market...

It’s the 21st century... both parties have standards... we not in the Stone Age where women are given to men like shoes, clothes, or property....

Altogether....I never said you shouldn’t have standards...it’s a free world.. I’m also an advocate of good morals and sexual discipline

. but we all contributed to the corruption of the women sample size....

So whether you have standards or not doesn’t change the fact that you will find a higher percentage of women that men have use and dumped... And that my friend is why you might wait till eternity to get the standards you want...

I would advised you discontinue with assumptions. I am married with kids. What I wrote is based on standpoint comparison between what was expected and what is now the norm.

Also, women were not given to men. These men approach the fathers of the women to seek their hands in marriage. In the past, marriage men were properly vetted and if not suitable, the marriage proposal is declined. Please know your history properly.

3 Likes

Re: Men's Relationship Standards For Women Has Declined by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:04pm On Dec 16, 2021
Boss13:

I would advised you discontinue with assumptions. I am married with kids. What I wrote is based on standpoint comparison between what was expected and what is now the norm.

Also, women were not given to men. These men approach the fathers of the women to seek their hands in marriage. In the past, marriage men were properly vetted and if not suitable, the marriage proposal is declined. Please know your history properly.
Re: Men's Relationship Standards For Women Has Declined by BigBellyBurst(m): 6:10pm On Dec 16, 2021
More to this,

As the men's standards of women they want keep falling, the women's standards keep rising.

If a man decides to apply stringent standards like the females do, some people would start shifting uncomfortably (women). Have you ever noticed that when a man is talking about the kind of woman he would love to date or marry, he gets attacked 9 out of 10 times by a female?

I wonder why they get so intimidated by such men who has high standards. You hear them try to demoralize him by saying things like, "if you continue to think like this, you will remain single for a long time".

Meanwhile, they are running around dreaming of dating a guy that lives in the clouds every moment unattacked.
Re: Men's Relationship Standards For Women Has Declined by advanceDNA: 6:10pm On Dec 16, 2021
Boss13:

Assumptions.?? you are the one saying men are doing the shopping and men are the consumers of women....I only told you both are consumers in this modern world...

And by the way: In the past....Lots of fathers give their daughters off without the daughter’s say in the name of marriage.....it still happens today in some parts of Nigeria....so what’s the assumption here??

1 Like

Re: Men's Relationship Standards For Women Has Declined by helinues: 6:54pm On Dec 16, 2021
It's vice versa.

Ladies nowadays are more interested in the money part not the love part
Re: Men's Relationship Standards For Women Has Declined by Boss13: 7:15pm On Dec 16, 2021
BigBellyBurst:
More to this,

As the men's standards of women they want keep falling, the women's standards keep rising.

If a man decides to apply stringent standards like the females do, some people would start shifting uncomfortably (women). Have you ever noticed that when a man is talking about the kind of woman he would love to date or marry, he gets attacked 9 out of 10 times by a female?

I wonder why they get so intimidated by such men who has high standards. You hear them try to demoralize him by saying things like, "if you continue to think like this, you will remain single for a long time".

Meanwhile, they are running around dreaming of dating a guy that lives in the clouds every moment unattacked.

Women cannot decide if a man would be single. This choice is not theirs to make. Hence, the phrase "I'm single by choice" is a fallacy made by women to accommodate their insecurities. Like I have previously said, men marry women i.e. initiate the marriage proposal, and woman accept this proposal or reject the proposal.

The standards held by women for men has really not changed. It has been slightly modified as we evolved as a species, but it is still tied to financial capability, which can be translated to either ability to provide or financial security. The other standards such as height, weight, fitness level, and appearance are actually standards held by men for women which have now been replicated as women's standards. Regardless, this is not the top priority for women. Once, the man passes the financial capability test, other standard metrics can be use. Also, the financial capability test strongly compensates for other standards if the man doesn't meet those requirements. A clear example to this, is the vast number of women around wealthy men. These men, typically older, out of shape, average looking or even worse, not even above 6ft, all have one thing in common - MONEY.

To answer your question, it is men's standards that has declined. Women's standards have practically remained the same. Men have dropped the ball and they need to get their acts together.
Re: Men's Relationship Standards For Women Has Declined by Boss13: 7:19pm On Dec 16, 2021
advanceDNA:

Assumptions.?? you are the one saying men are doing the shopping and men are the consumers of women....I only told you both are consumers in this modern world...

And by the way: In the past....Lots of fathers give their daughters off without the daughter’s say in the name of marriage.....it still happens today in some parts of Nigeria....so what’s the assumption here??

Yes - men do the shopping (seeking out women of their choice and approaching women). Men are making the active move and as such the consumer. I agree you do not like the consumer analogy. Regardless, it is a term we can relate to when we want better products. You would not accept an expired product or a product that is already opened would you? I doubt that.

However, we have women who have been disvirgined roaming the streets and still considering themselves as rare quality products because the men, the consumers, accept the defected products the way it is. If men begin to wake away from non-virgins or go to markets with the highest virgins, guess what that would translated - the abandoned market will begin to shift towards producing more pious virgins to attract the consumers back.

Men MUST and should have standards.

PS: To strongly collaborate my consumer theory in marriage. Men pay brideprice, if that consideration given (i.e. dowry) for the act of marriage isn't consumerism, then I don't know what it is. You can either accept the theory or reject it, but it is still there.

1 Like

Re: Men's Relationship Standards For Women Has Declined by Boss13: 7:24pm On Dec 16, 2021
helinues:
It's vice versa.

Ladies nowadays are more interested in the money part not the love part

Women have always been interested in the money part. The thing called love in relationship started in the 16th Century. Even dating is a modern thing. Usually, the introduction is made and then courtship proceeds and afterwards, the marriage rituals. There was nothing as dating for 5 years prior to marriage. That is like eating the cow before paying for it.

No father at that time would allow this. In fact, pregnancy out of wedlock or pre-marital sex was strongly frowned at. Hence, you have the confirmation of virginity after the wedding.
Re: Men's Relationship Standards For Women Has Declined by Wayneju(m): 8:18pm On Dec 16, 2021
The standards held by women for men has really not changed. It has been slightly modified as we evolved as a species, but it is still tied to financial capability, which can be translated to either ability to provide or financial security. The other standards such as height, weight, fitness level, and appearance are actually standards held by men for women which have now been replicated as women's standards. Regardless, this is not the top priority for women. Once, the man passes the financial capability test, other standard metrics can be use. Also, the financial capability test strongly compensates for other standards if the man doesn't meet those requirements. A clear example to this, is the vast number of women around wealthy men. These men, typically older, out of shape, average looking or even worse, not even above 6ft, all have one thing in common - MONEY.
[/color][color=#990000]

This should be written in GOLD and hung somewhere everyone could see.DAMM
Re: Men's Relationship Standards For Women Has Declined by Boss13: 9:15pm On Dec 16, 2021
Wayneju:
[/color][color=#990000]

This should be written in GOLD and hung somewhere everyone could see.DAMM

I appreciate you understand the context. This was written because young men don't have standards anymore and don't understand the social dynamics between men and women

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress, Biodun Okeowo Flaunting Her Beauty In Hot Outfits / Popular American Actress Jennifer Lawrence Displaying Her Hot Curves (photos) / How To Last Long In Bed Forever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.