Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,951 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:46 PM

Should I Quit My Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Quit My Job (14507 Views)

Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J / Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business / Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Quit My Job by Idowu116: 5:55pm On Dec 16, 2021
Hello Everyone,am new here and I see the way people share opinion about what they are going through in life so I decided to share mine too.

This is a little bit long please bear with me.
Am a 22 year old undergraduate.I finished my secondary School in 2017 but couldn't further my education because my parents (father particularly) are financially down.

I didn't even attend my graduation party party because my dad refused to get me the clothes we chose to wear in my class.

So out of shame,I didn't attend the party and I haven't even collect my certificate and testimonial till today.

Later in November that year (finished school in September),I decided to start looking for a menial job so a friend helped me with work at a particular market in Lagos, where I wash shoe for shoe sellers.

I did this till 2020 in March before the Corona virus issue started.

So around December I resumed the work again till early April, this year.

A friend of my mom helped me get a job at a bank,to work as a cleaner.

All this while, my dad and mom had a serious fight and my dad stopped living with us.

My father is a stubborn and who fornicates and my mom is not happy with it.

So luckily,I got the job and I started working that same month, paid 25k.
With this 25k, a take transport everyday #400 (200 go,200 come)and I feed from it too.i give my mum 5,000 from it too but am not happy and comfortable with it because before the month ends I end up having nothing, trekking to work and have not to eat talk less of saving to further my education.

Working as a cleaner, people use to take advantage of me a lot and a person,I have studied my nature well.I don't like people sending me on errands,I hate it but that is the nature of the job.

People take me for granted, some abuse me then I would cry and wish I never existed.

Sometimes I think of committing sucide but I later do keep my cool.I am an introvert but I have decided to start talking back at people and refusing to answer their message but am scared I might loose my job even though am not happy with the job.

Am also thinking of stopping the job myself but am scared of poverty.

I don't want to go back to the shoe washing job too because it is too stressful and I get sick when doing it

Please what should I do

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Job by phorget(m): 6:02pm On Dec 16, 2021
Person wey him hand never strong enough to handle sword make that person no dare ask for the kind death wey him papa die.
As e be so make you learn to be calming down and focus on your work.

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Job by dawnomike(m): 6:04pm On Dec 16, 2021
Start to source for an alternative as soon as possible... Quit when you find something better.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Job by Enskynelson(m): 6:11pm On Dec 16, 2021
I can imagine what you are passing through. Just know for sure that you are not alone. The country is so difficult and things are not easy for an average Nigerian. My advice is that us should be calm. Don't add anger to the already painful situation you are. Learn to absorb all the things they throw at you without getting angry. Secondly, try to find an alternative. When u get a better alternative, you can quit. I pray God help you through.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Job by anthonyuncle(m): 6:13pm On Dec 16, 2021
people talk anyhow to even the president of your country.

you that don't have anything yet is complaining.

you need to calm down.

if you are humble and meek, you will be getting enough tips through errands that you go for people.
i know a lot of cleaners that don't touch their salaries.

you can only leave that job if you get a better one.

you should be calming down

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Job by EzegeNdiigbo: 6:19pm On Dec 16, 2021
Company full for LG nau, leave that sticky backward job..

Imagine

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job by help4people: 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2021

14 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 23, 2021
Re: Should I Quit My Job by helinues: 7:54pm On Dec 23, 2021
Get a new job first before quitting the current one.

Even a quarter is better than nothing
Re: Should I Quit My Job by 99thEnemy(m): 7:54pm On Dec 23, 2021
Re: Should I Quit My Job by wordapostle(m): 7:54pm On Dec 23, 2021
Give it a second thought
Re: Should I Quit My Job by NuclearReactor: 7:54pm On Dec 23, 2021
Let's wait for the elders say
Re: Should I Quit My Job by cliqtips: 7:54pm On Dec 23, 2021
Please try to collect this
Idowu116:

I haven't even collect my certificate and testimonial till today.
because you might still need it.

Before you quit that job, please may sure you get another one on ground.

Do you always have time to do other things ?

I mean with that, you can easily start learning something you can later use as your source of income.

Each to their own..... No one has it figured out in life, everyone is just trying.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job by ImoleNaija: 7:54pm On Dec 23, 2021
Each to his/her own cup. If we all decide to create posts about our challenges in life, NL sef go choke.

I guess you're the first born. Leave story, do whatever legal you could do to find your way to the top, so you can help your younger ones (not a must though). My father believed a child, male esp, should be able to fend & make decisions for himself as soon as he leaves secondary school. Thanks to our eldest brother who struggled through thick & thin to success, if not for him, being ghetto born, the rest of us (his younger siblings) would likely not have meaningful lives - growing strong & hopeful. It's not always so easy for people who aren't born with silver spoons.

In short, you can leave the job as long as you have other plans. Just don't stay idle. An idle hand is a devil's workshop. Say to yourself that you're strong, you can do it.

Good luck, bro.

From a brother in the school of 'life struggle'.

9 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job by VickyRotex(f): 7:55pm On Dec 23, 2021
gbolswag:
You are a fool...u want to quit your job and start begging for money...u better endure till another opportunity will come your way

Is your first line necessary? If you don't have an advice for the OP, just skip the thread. Why insult the Op?

18 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job by Odera2016: 7:55pm On Dec 23, 2021
It is unfortunate that Nigerians seem to have this innate trait of looking down on low ranked workers, but bro, kwechiri!

Don't quit as it is better than staying idle.

If you can trek to work when you're broke, can you consider trekking even if it after work even when you have money to save costs, then in due time save small money to give your mum to start a petty business, that way, any money you give to her will be channelled into keeping the business running until you don't have to give her anymore. With time, you can join her in the business and then talk about quitting.

Don't quit unless you're sure of something better coming and when you make it tomorrow, please don't look down on surbordinates.

13 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job by morikee: 7:55pm On Dec 23, 2021
Yes shebi you want join the jobless people.
Re: Should I Quit My Job by gbolswag(m): 7:55pm On Dec 23, 2021
You are a fool...u want to quit your job and start begging for money...u better endure till another opportunity will come your way
Re: Should I Quit My Job by sylve11: 7:55pm On Dec 23, 2021
@op, these are just the trials life is throwing at you. In some years later. Hold on.... cool

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 23, 2021
Idowu116:

First and Foremost this line is not necessary

Secondly have you considered learning a skill?

Thirdly if you quit your job without a new one, after two weeks You see that suicide you have been avoiding, trust me, you'll commit it.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job by youngrhosy(m): 7:56pm On Dec 23, 2021
may Almighty God pave way for you and me too oo..

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job by mosho2good: 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2021
So if Adam and Eve no eat that fruit,na so we go dey waka naked for this harmattan�‍♂️��

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job by Olavenza(m): 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2021
Idowu116:
Hello Everyone,am new here and I see the way people share opinion about what they are going through in life so I decided to share mine too.

This is a little bit long please bear with me.
Am a 22 year old undergraduate.I finished my secondary School in 2017 but couldn't further my education because my parents (father particularly) are financially down.

I didn't even attend my graduation party party because my dad refused to get me the clothes we chose to wear in my class.

So out of shame,I didn't attend the party and I haven't even collect my certificate and testimonial till today.

Later in November that year (finished school in September),I decided to start looking for a menial job so a friend helped me with work at a particular market in Lagos, where I wash shoe for shoe sellers.

I did this till 2020 in March before the Corona virus issue started.

So around December I resumed the work again till early April, this year.

A friend of my mom helped me get a job at a bank,to work as a cleaner.

All this while, my dad and mom had a serious fight and my dad stopped living with us.

So luckily,I got the job and I started working that same month, paid 25k.
With this 25k, a take transport everyday #400 (200 go,200 come)and I feed from it too.i give my mum 5,000 from it too but am not happy and comfortable with it because before the month ends I end up having nothing, trekking to work and have not to eat talk less of saving to further my education.

Working as a cleaner, people use to take advantage of me a lot and a person,I have studied my nature well.I don't like people sending me on errands,I hate it but that is the nature of the job.

People take me for granted, some abuse me then I would cry and wish I never existed.

Sometimes I think of committing sucide but I later do keep my cool.I am an introvert but I have decided to start talking back at people and refusing to answer their message but am scared I might loose my job even though am not happy with the job.

Am also thinking of stopping the job myself but am scared of poverty.

I don't want to go back to the shoe washing job too because it is too stressful and I get sick when doing it

Please what should I do

Bro! Na prayer you need to pray ooo! That God should show you the way and raise destiny helper for you. That's my own advice ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2021

Keep pushing.
Keep keeping on.
One day all these will be a story of the past and you will look back, you will remember where you came from and thank God for life.....Good Life.

It will end in praise for you.
Merry Christmas to you in advance.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Job by donJ2(m): 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2021
Since u r in lagos,
Drop ur phone, rush and learn Bike, get a daily pay or hire purchase bike...

Come back after 6months with ur burnt offering to me.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job by Antoeni(m): 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2021
Yes & Be Fast About it
Re: Should I Quit My Job by Mko123(m): 7:59pm On Dec 23, 2021
Sorry, I really don't have any thing to say to you.

Good luck!!!
Re: Should I Quit My Job by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 7:59pm On Dec 23, 2021
Humble yourself and continue with the job or look for another job.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job by MorataFC: 7:59pm On Dec 23, 2021
phorget:
Person wey him hand never strong enough to handle sword make that person no dare ask for the kind death wey him papa die.
As e be so make you learn to be calming down and focus on your work.
gbam
Re: Should I Quit My Job by superCleanworks(m): 7:59pm On Dec 23, 2021
Yes. Do it quick
Re: Should I Quit My Job by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 7:59pm On Dec 23, 2021
Humble yourself and continue with the job or look for another job...
Re: Should I Quit My Job by izzy4shizzy(m): 8:00pm On Dec 23, 2021
Without school your options are really limited, since you are on Nairaland i will assume you have a phone, you can start by taking a course or two online, there is this app called Alison, they let you take courses for free and you pay when you want to get a certificate, and they have very plenty courses across many Fields, I don't know about others but am sure they may be more like that, you could as well be studying and working.

The alternative is to learn a handwork, welding, aluminum etc may take you a while but you will have the potential to work to be your own boss and save enough to go back to school.

What ever you decide just don't give up, like they say, if you going through hell, don't stop there keep going till you leave hell,

I sincerely wish you well, we all have our silent battles we fight. Stay strong

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

High Paying Contract Job Or State Civil Service: Which Should I Choose? / HR Said I'm Successful In All The Interviews But No Offer Yet. / Interswitch Group Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.