Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,370 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon (41012 Views)

Body Of Man Who Jumped Into Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge Water Recovered / Bike Riders Rescue A Suicidal Man Who Jumped Over Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge (Video) / "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by specialbobby(m): 10:06am On Dec 17, 2021
R I p brother
Suicide is not an option
Lagos State emergency
Lagos State water ways authority
All of you are mad for vomiting rubish that you are not aware of the incident

1 Like

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by OtemAtum: 10:07am On Dec 17, 2021
redcliff:

lol. when e reach your turn you go confirm.
I died before, saw afterlives but no Hell fire.
Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by seanwilliam(m): 10:15am On Dec 17, 2021
MARKone:
Somebody was busy recording him when this dude jumped. I don't know what is with this generation and video recording. I watched the clip, the person recording would have dropped his phone and see if he could talk this guy out of jumping into the lagoon.
from the video , the person recording was trying to approach the guy with a gentle step. The person recording the video was trying to distract the guy so that he could grab him, see, if the guy had rushed him and eventually he jumped off, the guy would have been in trouble with the police. Trust me. Que sera sera..

Besides the guy was depressed and already made up his mind. It was written all over his face .

Rip to him ..
Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by Savage101(m): 10:15am On Dec 17, 2021
Not in Nigeria bruv..
Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by dreofGod(m): 10:15am On Dec 17, 2021
shilenji:
like them dey check on me abi. See this life ehn everyman for himself. If you no fit Carry your cross alone. You aren't fit to be called a MAN.
It's not really a crime to join the crowd per se. But, at times, you just need to create your own positive identity as such that the moment you are incapable of checking on them, they know. I check on friends, they hardly reciprocate. But then, by the grace of GOD, I am who I am.
Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by Govocrete: 10:18am On Dec 17, 2021
jeff1607:
The camera guy isn’t wise

The cameraman was on track before the young man took his own life. It's safer to keep your distance when a suicidal person is in the act.

All he needed to do is try to talk him out of his actions while approaching him gently. In the video, you will discover that the young had his mind made up.
Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by hammer567: 10:18am On Dec 17, 2021
HE HAS NO BALLS.

IT TAKES BALLS TO BE IN THIS WORLD UNTIL THE END, FIGHTING FOR YOUR ON SHARE OF THE SPOILS OF WAR.

LIFE IS WAR, YOU EITHER FIGHT OR YOU FLIGHT.

OBOY FLIGHT AND I GOT NO RESPECT FOR SUCH LOSERS.

1 Like

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by hammer567: 10:22am On Dec 17, 2021
ANY OF YOU HERE LOOKKING AND GETTING IDEA TO COPY A LOSER, SHOULD KNOW I WILL BE HERE TO TELL THE WORLD, YOU WERE A LOSER.

A SORE LOSER.

YOU WASTED YOUR MOTHER 9 MONTHS BECAUSE YOU COULD NOT WEATHER THE STORM LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE.

YOU COULD NOT ENDURE LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE.

YOU COULD NOT TRY AGAIN LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE.

GOD WILL SURELY PUNISH YOU FOR WASTING THE LIFE YOU WERE GIVEN AT A COST TO OTHERS.

THIS LIFE NO BE ONLY YOUR OWN, YOU ARE LIVING AS AN ACHIEVEMENT OF YOUR PARENTS EFFORT.

DONT WASTE THEIR HUSTLE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by AfonjaConehead: 10:23am On Dec 17, 2021
Suicide is never an option.
Only God knows what he was going through.
But one thing is sure,the demons that have been in power since the 1960s are still in power today...an example is the wicked certified failure at Aso rock.
Thunda will surely faya APC and all their supporters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by seanwilliam(m): 10:23am On Dec 17, 2021
poweredcom:
You see where his problem started at 21 he believed he is a failure which is wrong

Yahoo don spoil many things .he feels his mate are using iPhone 13 and cars and he can't and again he has a baby at 21 with a 19 year old gal

Tell me why life no go hard am .....

To some extent you’re right . The pressure we put on ourselves sometimes is the cause of the our depression. Ignoring what you can’t have is the best revenge ever!!

6 Likes

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by hammer567: 10:25am On Dec 17, 2021
WE THE CONTENDERS ARE HERE TO STAND OUR GROUND AND DEMAND OUR SHARE UNTIL THE END.

WHEN GOD CALL US, WE GO DEY GO.

WE WILL EXPLAIN WHY WE KPO KPO PEOPLE HEAD, WAY TRY US, FOR HERE.

NA WE DEY HERE.
Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by AfonjaConehead: 10:26am On Dec 17, 2021
Queenslander:
[/s]
I understand your point..
Buh,. You have to
Be your brothers keeper..
You succeeded in making matters worse by cancelling his post
Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by Elbinawi: 10:27am On Dec 17, 2021
Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon - NairaLand Forum

"The family of a National Diploma certificate holder, Lekan Odunare, has confirmed his death after he jumped into a lagoon in an attempt to commit suicide."

"Our correspondent gathered that the body of the victim, who jumped into the lagoon in the Epe area of Lagos State on Tuesday morning, was found on Thursday."

Mee:

Sad! Very sad! Such a young life... Suicide has NEVER been the solution to problems. Heroes don't commit suicide, they fight and struggle to the end.

Life is such a precious gift from God that it should not be taking unjustly. Taking your own life is the peak of injustice. Unfortunately, due to the acute economic downturn in Nigeria the suicide rate is on the rise.

Most people that took their lives have almost reached the end of their struggles. I will narrate a true life story with Friends.

More than 20 years ago, a neighbor (Igbo) in the area of our Family house in Kaduna lost his job. For two years he was struggling then one day he decided to end his life. He went to a farmland that separate our area and the old site of Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) and hanged himself from a tree. Luckily a Hausa Farmer saw him and quickly cut off the rope and saved him. Chike, that was his name, was brought back to his house. We all trooped to his house to offer words of encouragement to him and showered him with gifts. Nigerian then was not as toxic with ethnic hatred like what we have today. A week after this Chike got a good job. He went round crying and thanking neighbors for their support.

Avoid Suicide, Have Hope in God!

#ElbinawiTweets

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by Arisenews2: 10:28am On Dec 17, 2021
MARKone:
Somebody was busy recording him when this dude jumped. I don't know what is with this generation and video recording. I watched the clip, the person recording would have dropped his phone and see if he could talk this guy out of jumping into the lagoon.

What if the person loses control, and he ends up being drag into the water too?

2 Likes

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by tujays(m): 10:28am On Dec 17, 2021
Diploma holder now don be Title for Nigeria? from NYSC holder To degree Holder and Now Diploma Holder?? buahaha clownish country.

1 Like

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by redcliff: 10:29am On Dec 17, 2021
OtemAtum:
I died before, saw afterlives but no Hell fire.

if you really died and came back, you wont say this. you were only sleepi g lol
Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by Noblewealth(m): 10:30am On Dec 17, 2021
Many are not passing through anything just that most of us are broke..

Everything balls down to money and nothingness..
Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by kingthreat(m): 10:31am On Dec 17, 2021
shilenji:
like them dey check on me abi. See this life ehn everyman for himself. If you no fit Carry your cross alone. You aren't fit to be called a MAN.

Pray your loved ones are not victim of depression. You can be okay. Others you love nko.
Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by Inosky(m): 10:31am On Dec 17, 2021
If you're going through some deep shits, please tell someone and another, maybe you will be helped.

Don't go and take your life.
Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by woleabayo(f): 10:37am On Dec 17, 2021
rip to him
Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by cloud(m): 10:37am On Dec 17, 2021
MARKone:
and then if the guy still ended up jumping, naija police will say the guy pushed him. No evidence. Sometimes, when you want to do the right thing, still apply your no 6.
Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by hammer567: 10:37am On Dec 17, 2021
Inosky:
If you're going through some deep shits, please tell someone and another, maybe you will be helped.

Don't go and take your life.

THEY WILL BE CURSING NNAMDI KANU.

BUT NNAMDI KANU THEY DEMAND HIS SHARE.

YET, SMALL THING, THEM GO JUMP INSIDE LAGOON.

LET US ALL LEARN TO DEMAND OUR SHARE, THAT IS THE BEST WAY OF LIFE.

FIGHTING FOR SOMETHING.

4 Likes

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by DaRenewed(m): 10:38am On Dec 17, 2021
Don’t know why Y’all always so skeptical. lipsrsealed
Did y’all see when the man was trying to talk him out of it by first asking him who he was & what was he trying to do?
U no even know maybe na new robbery strategy or Make that Man go dey drag am make e drag the Man enter water or make dem later talk say the guy just dey there dey collect fresh air. Na the man push am enta water (where the man go see proof say no be him be the culprit)…..

It’s always easier asf to say than done.

Better dey use your head for this Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by hammer567: 10:40am On Dec 17, 2021
DaRenewed:
Don’t know why Y’all always so skeptical. lipsrsealed
Did y’all see when the man was trying to talk him out of it by first asking him who he was & what was he trying to do?
U no even know maybe na new robbery strategy or Make that Man go dey drag am make e drag the Man enter water or make dem later talk say the guy just dey there dey collect fresh air. Na the man push am enta water (where the man go see proof say no be him be the culprit)…..

It’s always easier asf to say than done.

Better dey use your head for this Lagos.

DEM SUPPOSE THANK THE MAN FOR SHOWING THEM WAT HAPPEN.

E EASY TO VIDEO?

EVERYDAY, BODY IS DISCOVERED IN LAGOON, NOBODY KNOW WHAT HAPPEN.

SO, THEY SAY SOMEBODY KILLED THEM AND DUMP IN LAGOON, NOT KNOWING THEY KILLED THEIRSELF.

1 Like

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by Olam09(m): 10:42am On Dec 17, 2021
MARKone:

Don't blame the guy.. i watched the video.. when i study the clip very well i realize that as the man was getting closer to him he quickly jumped into the water. He knew the man would grab him and stop him from jumping into the water.

2 Likes

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by orikoku: 10:44am On Dec 17, 2021
Sad... People are really going through alot. Please talk when you're depressed.
Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by hammer567: 10:45am On Dec 17, 2021
Olam09:

Don't blame the guy.. i watched the video.. when i study the clip very well i realize that as the man was getting closer to him he quickly jumped into the water. He knew the man would grab him and stop him from jumping into the water.

THAT WAS Y HE WAS WATCHING THE MAN.

HOWEVER, NO MATTER HOW IT LOOKS, THAT GUY STILL WANTED TO LIVE.

HE WAS AFRIAD AND IF SOMEBODY REACHED HIM IN THE WATER AND PULLED HIM OUT, HE WOULD HAVE APPRECIATED.

SO NOTHING HERE IS BRAVE, JUST SHEER STUPIDITY.

1 Like

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by hammer567: 10:48am On Dec 17, 2021
E GET ONE VIDEO I WATCHED ON YOUTUBE.

THE GUY JUMP INSIDE RIVER BUT LUCKY FOR HIM, RESCUE BOAT WAS NEAR, SO THEY RUSHED TO PULL HIM OUT.

THE CURRENT WAS SO STRONG THAT THE WATER WAS DRAGGING THE MAN WITH THE RESCUERS.

COME AND SEE HOW THE MAN THAT WANT TO COMMIT SUICIDE WAS HOLDING THE HAND OF THE RESCUER FOR HIS DEAR LIFE.

U GO KNOW SAY, DIEING NO BE SMALL TING.

O'BOY NO WANT TO DIE AGAIN. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by hammer567: 10:49am On Dec 17, 2021
THAT IDIOT THAT JUMP INSIDE LAGOON, WILL BE WISHING AND HOPING TO BE RESCUED BUT NA NAIJA WE DEY, HIM GO DRINK WATER TILL HIM BELLE BURST.
Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by abiodunnoni(m): 10:50am On Dec 17, 2021
Bmaged:
One less weakling on the face of the earth

Hmmmm.....but dont pray for depression

1 Like

Re: Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon by DaRenewed(m): 10:50am On Dec 17, 2021
Life has treated me so bad this year. Life took me up, tossed me on the ground and trampled me mercilessly. I went from having a Job & couple hundreds of thousands in my account. I lost the Job, money & everything I had in my apartment was sold to settle debt. I now stay temporarily with a friend with not even a naira in pocket or bank.
In all, succide is never an option, Life itself is a rare gift one must cherish. I believe the darker night will be over & one will surely see the sunlight. In coming months all that has been lost will be restored in multiple folds coz we’re still trying & pushing hard; we never fold.

If you’re in this same condition. Don’t give up. Better days are coming.
**CHEERS** wink wink

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Nigeria Is In Big Problem!" - Doctor Olufunmilayo Harvey / Top Countries Doctors And Health Workers Migrate To And How Much They Are Paid / How Can A Female Get Rid Of Her Muscular Arms?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.