Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) (37328 Views)

Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed Plane After Pilot Is Incapacitated / Cambridge Student Dies After Falling From Plane (photo) / Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by jrusky(m): 9:48am On Dec 17, 2021
UnaKpekus:
The idiotic pilot should be sacked for unprofessionalism.
We all know the so called passenger he doesn't like stole his girlfriend. Na so dem dey behave.

UnaKpekus

Bro you will be surprise that pooh pilot will not be able to define the meaning of *professionalism* I can bet it because how dare him to says he does not like a passenger simply he was rude?

What did the crew member did that lead to the passenger to behaved rudely to him or her? They won't say that but want to bully the passenger because here in my country everything goes.
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by LordErrk: 9:48am On Dec 17, 2021
Mynd44:

A pilot is the captain and has the unequivocal right and authority to ask any passenger including staff to disembark if he feel (in anyway) that the passenger has behaved in a manner that is unbecoming.

He has the power and has permission to use it. You do not argue or fight, when a pilot tells you to get off his plane, you get the eff off.

It is like a danfo driver telling you to take your money and get out of his bus. That is where it ends, you get off. He has the power and authority

According to law, a pilot can ask you to get off the airplane...for safety reasons. Not because a passenger was rude. We allow too much rubbish in this country
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by 1nigeriamyfoot: 9:49am On Dec 17, 2021
greggng:

Sometimes we look at the brighter side of issues. It could be that God is using that pilot to save the passengers life. I had people that got to the airport and couldn't board flight and the next thing we had was that air crash and all passenger on board dead . The only that didn't board willbe going to church to thank God for escaping death
If I were that passenger I will disembark from that plane .

You Gerrit

If not for these bandits here & there, I don't use local flight because I trust luxury bus than these local flight aircraft that sometimes looks like molue
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by descarado: 9:49am On Dec 17, 2021
ziondaughter247:
"The pilot refused to fly because he "doesn't like a passenger". - I am very sure that this is NOT the true story.

Very typical of most Nigerians who are flying. They are always VERY rude to everyone from flight attendants even to pilots. If a pilot feels you are a threat, he has EVERY right to remove you from his plane! This happens everywhere in the the world except Nigeria. Thank God Nigerian pilots are sitting up now and not condoning rubbish from the numerous BIG Man passengers we have in this country. That passenger should pray that he is not put on the no-fly list because he go hear am. Nonsense
Very uncultured. They talk anyhow. Board local flight and it will be like you entered molue. So loud. Sometimes we think that with money, our mentality will change. And that the kind of people society admire. Sick society

1 Like

Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by laborious(m): 9:50am On Dec 17, 2021
ZAZU
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Chienex24(m): 9:50am On Dec 17, 2021
Mynd44:

You won't win. Not even in America with crazy laws.

A pilot can tell anyone to get off. It is the authority the pilot has

Are you serious about this? Even when one has paid fully for the said flight??
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Mynd44: 9:52am On Dec 17, 2021
Chienex24:

Are you serious about this? Even when one has paid fully for the said flight??
If you are not careful, security will board the plane with guns, arrest and retain you.

Argue with air hostess, let her call pilot and keep arguing there. You will learn the hard way

1 Like

Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by babyfaceafrica: 9:52am On Dec 17, 2021
1nigeriamyfoot:

You are getting it wrong

Pilot only had right to remove passenger if such passenger is suspected to be a threat

You don't delay flight for 7hrs just because of personal beef with 1 passenger n still forcefully remove such passenger from the air craft

Passenger paid for the air flight & not a free service

Personally, I don't argue with common bus driver not to talk of pilot because most of them are depressed already

People can be unforgiven & if I didn't pose any threat to flight but pilot asked me to leave based on his mood or one flimsy excuses, I won't argue but will just come down from the airplane. I will only deal with the pilot in my own way

ABOVE ALL, WE DONT KNOW WHAT REALLY TRANSPIRED BETWEEN THEM SO I WILL NEVER JUDGE OR SUPPORT ANY PARTY FOR NOW
Pilot can remove passengers for any reason. If you disagree, you can complain or sue the airline. But pilot can remove you. Read the laws
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Benbellamor: 9:54am On Dec 17, 2021
hedonido:
The pilot doesn't even get the chance to see passengers most times. So I guess the said passenger must have been unruly to one of the Air hostesses who then reported to the pilot, and then the pilot asked the said passenger to disembark.

Now it depends on the extent of unruliness and what the air hostess must have told the pilot. That would help us determine whether the pilot was too harsh or justified in asking the passenger to disembark.

I was once on a local flight where one block headed yahoo boy looking animal refused to switch off his phone before take off. After several entreaties by the air hostess, she had to report to the pilot and then the pilot made an announcement threatening to delay the flight and call airport security to take the guy down of he refused to comply. Consequently all the passengers shouted at the idiot before he switched off his phone. So yeah, some fools can be very unruly.

Let me shock you more...a yahoo boy went into the plane toilet to smoke...in our 8 hour flight from Qatar to Lagos... and has the got to confront the air hostess that it doesn't concern her...it took a combined air hostesses of four and other experienced security related passengers to restore peace...but when we landed in MM2 Lagos...three hefty bouncers with policemen came in to arrest him...he just cooperate and followed

1 Like

Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Miyachi: 9:55am On Dec 17, 2021
Mynd44:

A pilot is the captain and has the unequivocal right and authority to ask any passenger including staff to disembark if he feel (in anyway) that the passenger has behaved in a manner that is unbecoming.

He has the power and has permission to use it. You do not argue or fight, when a pilot tells you to get off his plane, you get the eff off.

It is like a danfo driver telling you to take your money and get out of his bus. That is where it ends, you get off. He has the power and authority

Lol. Get off his plane?
You clearly read the whimsical reason that was stated and it wasn't security related, so what gives? A ticket doesn't confer any right on the passenger? Please get your facts right, don't post sentiments as facts.

They've just opened themselves up to a lawsuit if the guy is willing to sue.
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Seun360(m): 9:55am On Dec 17, 2021
orisa37:
That Pilot should be sacked.

Do you even try to reason before posting?

Dem suppose use your brain for experiment, wahalahi.
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by akanbiaa(m): 9:55am On Dec 17, 2021
calculator123:

Unlawful removal?

The law empowers the pilot to disembark any passenger that's a risk.

How the same law that empowers him/her turn back to convict him/her?
The Pilot did not say the Man was a risk but that he did not like the Man and that he was rude to a air hsotess which other passengers in the plane who witnessed it disputed the Pilot claim as reported. I think the Pilot and the Man have an unsettled beef prior to boarding the plane or they are both dating a particular woman.
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Mynd44: 9:56am On Dec 17, 2021
1nigeriamyfoot:

You are getting it wrong

Pilot only had right to remove passenger if such passenger is suspected to be a threat

You don't delay flight for 7hrs just because of personal beef with 1 passenger n still forcefully remove such passenger from the air craft

Passenger paid for the air flight & not a free service

Personally, I don't argue with common bus driver not to talk of pilot because most of them are depressed already

People can be unforgiven & if I didn't pose any threat to flight but pilot asked me to leave based on his mood or one flimsy excuses, I won't argue but will just come down from the airplane. I will only deal with the pilot in my own way

ABOVE ALL, WE DONT KNOW WHAT REALLY TRANSPIRED BETWEEN THEM SO I WILL NEVER JUDGE OR SUPPORT ANY PARTY FOR NOW
Pilot don't even see passengers. They are too busy in the cockpit.

It is the airhostess that will report you, then the pilot will either use the speakers to talk or come and meet you. If you continue whatever it is you are doing, you are getting off the plane.

If you like sue, you won't fly that plane. If God now wants to help you, they will add your name to "no fly list". No airline will carry from until it is removed
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by teeste: 9:57am On Dec 17, 2021
Nigerians and mob action
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Farotimi72: 9:57am On Dec 17, 2021
This one don loose him job already na.
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Mynd44: 9:58am On Dec 17, 2021
Benbellamor:

Let me shock you more...a yahoo boy went into the plane toilet to smoke...in our 8 hour flight from Qatar to Lagos... and has the got to confront the air hostess that it doesn't concern her...it took a combined air hostesses of four and other experienced security related passengers to restore peace...but when we landed in MM2 Lagos...three hefty bouncers with policemen came in to arrest him...he just cooperate and followed
The pilot was nice. Another pilot will land in the nearest airport, have you arrested and leave you there.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Mynd44: 9:59am On Dec 17, 2021
Miyachi:

Lol. Get off his plane?
You clearly read the whimsical reason that was stated and it wasn't security related, so what gives? A ticket doesn't confer any right on the passenger? Please get your facts right, don't post sentiments as facts.

They've just opened themselves up to a lawsuit if the guy is willing to sue.
It does not matter if it is security or not. When a pilot tells you to leave, you have no other right, you get off

1 Like

Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by NobleRace: 10:01am On Dec 17, 2021
Mynd44:

Even the courts know that authority and power can be misused. If the pilot is found guilty of this during the hearing, the pilot would face sanctions.
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Originalsly: 10:01am On Dec 17, 2021
Mynd44:

Really?... the pilot does have the power .... but he has to be able to justify why he needs a passenger off. The passenger in this case ... needed to get a few witnesses ... and video clips if possible ... get a lawyer and sue the airline. I'm almost sure if this is done .. the airline will fire the pilot and take pilot conduct seriously. As it is... business as usual ... pilots will abuse their power because there are no consequences.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Reference(m): 10:02am On Dec 17, 2021
Mynd44:

Don't mind them. They don't understand the laws of the air.
Since 9-11 tolerances have been reduced to nil.
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Mynd44: 10:02am On Dec 17, 2021
NobleRace:

Even the courts know that authority and power can be misused. If the pilot is found guilty of this during the hearing, the pilot would face sanctions.
You can go to court after you have refused and theu had to call security? Good luck with you and your lawyer
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Benbellamor: 10:03am On Dec 17, 2021
akanbiaa:
The Pilot did not say the Man was a risk but that he did not like the Man and that he was rude to a air hsotess which other passengers in the plane who witnessed it disputed the Pilot claim as reported. I think the Pilot and the Man have an unsettled beef prior to boarding the plane or they are both dating a particular woman.

A pilot can say that he doesn't like how a man behaves... When person is rude towards air hostesses who are representatives of the flight owners... A pilot can say he doesn't trust such passenger s rude behavior which can be risky....its a smart way of avoiding bigger trouble...

Bolded above
You talking about how a pilot that you don't know ....suddenly you have the knowledge that they are dating same woman show your level of thinking... You're all uncultured and its good you get disgraced and dragged out like this....las las you get sense

1 Like

Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by blowjohn(m): 10:03am On Dec 17, 2021
Just listen to the camera gal.
She can't even explain what is happening even in a half articulate way.
Hear her...
'These people are......I don't understand....'

Typical naija gal.

If it's to explain why she needs money now she will be articulate frm years of cramming made up stories

3 Likes

Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Mynd44: 10:04am On Dec 17, 2021
Reference:

Don't mind them. They don't understand the laws of the air.
Since 9-11 tolerances have been reduced to nil.
Pilots that can bounce out presidents is who a regular citizen want to fight.
He will just ask for Air force guys to come and take you out of his bird
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by teeste: 10:04am On Dec 17, 2021
greggng:

Sometimes we look at the brighter side of issues. It could be that God is using that pilot to save the passengers life. I had people that got to the airport and couldn't board flight and the next thing we had was that air crash and all passenger on board dead . The only that didn't board willbe going to church to thank God for escaping death
If I were that passenger I will disembark from that plane .

Did you write this?? You need a therapist! You have been abused.
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Miyachi: 10:06am On Dec 17, 2021
Mynd44:

It does not matter if it is security or not. When a pilot tells you to leave, you have no other right, you get off

There is no act or law to that effect. The pilot doesn't "own" the aircraft, he acts on behalf of the aircraft carrier.

An aircraft carrier doesn't have the right to cannot remove a passenger except for security reasons. This is a fact even by international law(FAA). The passenger can rightfully sue for damages and I would add assault, if I were him.

Please point me to a local law that supports your opinion.
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by YourFavorite21(m): 10:08am On Dec 17, 2021
E be like say the passenger don press the nyash of one beautiful air hostess like that, wey Pilot don dey eye since, na him baba vex change am for am. ASAPgrin.
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Benbellamor: 10:10am On Dec 17, 2021
Originalsly:

Really?... the pilot does have the power .... but he has to be able to justify why he needs a passenger off. The passenger in this case ... needed to get a few witnesses ... and video clips if possible ... get a lawyer and sue the airline. I'm almost sure if this is done .. the airline will fire the pilot and take pilot conduct seriously. As it is... business as usual ... pilots will abuse their power because there are no consequences.
save your breath...the air hostesses that the passenger was rude to has an audio device planted in her dress... Most of what the rude passenger said was not witnessed by the passengers who think that the pilot acted on personal instinct.... There are 12 CCTV cameras with sounds that captures every scene.And give what we call a First Information Report (FIR).. So the passengers serving as witness are going to be secondary...(SIR)
You can save yourself from the lost battle by simply remain calm and obedient... Or you get disgraced with your money...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by akanbiaa(m): 10:10am On Dec 17, 2021
Benbellamor:

A pilot can say that he doesn't like how a man behaves... When person is rude towards air hostesses who are representatives of the flight owners... A pilot can say he doesn't trust such passenger s rude behavior which can be risky....its a smart way of avoiding bigger trouble...

Bolded above
You talking about how a pilot that you don't know ....suddenly you have the knowledge that they are dating same woman show your level of thinking... You're all uncultured and its good you get disgraced and dragged out like this....las las you get sense
So why did the other passengers not support the pilot to chase out the rude passenger so they wount be delay in flights again?, A woman was involved the air hostess (So what can make a pilot make claims about insult to air hostess that the other passengers did not witness ? Are you not displaying the acts you accused me ignorantly of? And why the insults and why disgrace yourself and now make yourself appear toxic to the world ? Seems you need to calm down and learn to respect peoples opinion that are contrary to yours , for by insulting them it shows that is what you have to offer and defines you to the world and who you will always be if you don't change.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Reference(m): 10:12am On Dec 17, 2021
LordErrk:

According to law, a pilot can ask you to get off the airplane...for safety reasons. Not because a passenger was rude. We allow too much rubbish in this country

If he considers a potential escalation of the situation he is bound to take preemptive action.
Few things can be resolved at 40,000ft.
If the situation goes bad midair the pilot will be blamed for lax judgement.
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Mynd44: 10:12am On Dec 17, 2021
Miyachi:

There is no act or law to that effect. The pilot doesn't "own" the aircraft, he acts on behalf of the aircraft carrier.

An aircraft carrier doesn't have the right to cannot remove a passenger except for security reasons. This is a fact even by international law(FAA). The passenger can rightfully sue for damages and I would add assault, if I were him.

You people don’t actually know NCAA regulations do you? Reminds me of those Americans who say they won't wear facemasks while on planes and they have a right not to until they are escorted out

1 Like

Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Benbellamor: 10:12am On Dec 17, 2021
Miyachi:

ignorance at peak...

According to what principles? Which law are you quoting from?....obviously you need to consult aviation Law expert... You will be shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Train Derailment In Montana, USA: Three Dead, Fifty Injured / Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges / Nigerian Man Expresses Displeasure After He Was Banned From A Gym In Uk(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.