Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,247 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) (37324 Views)

Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed Plane After Pilot Is Incapacitated / Cambridge Student Dies After Falling From Plane (photo) / Mexican Girl Falls To Her Death From Plane While Skydiving On Her 18th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by midehi2(f): 11:27am On Dec 17, 2021
1nigeriamyfoot:

I know the bolded

I use arikair mostly for my local flight btw

Like I said, we don't know what transpired between the pilot & the said passenger

Sometimes passengers are not at fault but airline

Imagine your airline company delayed your flight for many hours when there's no issue in the sky but the company is having personal issue n you expect passengers not to talk?

Instead of airline company to calm down the passenger they tell them to go to hell

Mind you, they don't just place people on 'No fly list' based on useless reasons

Most of you guys post based on ignorance & Google result grin

Below is my arikair dashboard cos most of you guys think everyone commenting on this issue have never been to airport b4

God bless you for enlightening him, see the way he's just applauding the whole thing as if those people don't have error too.

How can you bundle who paid hugely for your flight because he complained of delayed flight, who knows what the delayed flight must have caused him undecided

1 Like

Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 17, 2021
Mynd44:

A pilot is the captain and has the unequivocal right and authority to ask any passenger including staff to disembark if he feel (in anyway) that the passenger has behaved in a manner that is unbecoming.

He has the power and has permission to use it. You do not argue or fight, when a pilot tells you to get off his plane, you get the eff off.

It is like a danfo driver telling you to take your money and get out of his bus. That is where it ends, you get off. He has the power and authority

So, when does it becomes the pilot job to send people out. Someone that has already been screened? Mr Man danfo is entirely a different thing. Don't compare both. What type of reasoning is this?
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 17, 2021
nosiebaba:
Don't be ignorant, be of good conduct. The pilot has the final say in a flight. He is the commander of the flight

Who told you that?
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 17, 2021
calculator123:

Unlawful removal?

The law empowers the pilot to disembark any passenger that's a risk.

How the same law that empowers him/her turn back to convict him/her?

Just because he doesn't like his face? You guys need to relax a lot. How did he pose a threat here?
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by TBadd(m): 11:40am On Dec 17, 2021
html14java:
Huh??
What am I hearing?
Delayed a flight and still forced the persenger to disembark?

Che na that pilot get the aeroplane ni? Abi the pilot doesn't know he's serving the public? Or you've forgotten Customer is King?

Damn!
Even a danfo driver cant try this on me, not to talk of Aeroplane. I'll just sue the damn airline and get that fucking pilot fired for life.

Beautiful rubbish.
U don’t have sense
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by DWJOBScom(m): 11:40am On Dec 17, 2021
Mynd44:

A pilot is the captain and has the unequivocal right and authority to ask any passenger including staff to disembark if he feel (in anyway) that the passenger has behaved in a manner that is unbecoming.

He has the power and has permission to use it. You do not argue or fight, when a pilot tells you to get off his plane, you get the eff off.

It is like a danfo driver telling you to take your money and get out of his bus. That is where it ends, you get off. He has the power and authority

You have time to even explain to them
Leqve them alone
Let them think it's Danfo with wings that they are using
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by dfrost: 11:42am On Dec 17, 2021
Chienex24:

Are you serious about this? Even when one has paid fully for the said flight??

You don't know? cheesy No reason am ooh. Mynd is right.

Pilot na chairman for sky

1 Like

Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by nosiebaba(m): 11:43am On Dec 17, 2021
oldtruth:

Who told you that?
Ask me again
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by ignis: 11:44am On Dec 17, 2021
Mynd44:

I disagree sir... The pilot do not have unequivocal power to as a passenger to disembark without valid reason.

The pilot can only ask a passenger to disembark if the passenger conducts his or herself in an irresponsible manner capable of causing public threat or damage.
But in this case, the passengers in the air craft claim the affected passenger is free of any compromising behavior to warrant being asked to disembark.
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by NobleRace: 11:47am On Dec 17, 2021
Mynd44:

You can go to court after you have refused and theu had to call security? Good luck with you and your lawyer

Why are you insinuating? A man who knows his rights does not have to allow matters to degenerate. I'll most respectfully ask why I'm being sent packing. And if an unreasonable reason is provided with continued insistence, I'll leave like a gentleman. The courts would do the rest.
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Globad(f): 11:57am On Dec 17, 2021
Hashabiah:
[s][/s] You could have moved on you know ...mtchww

Why didn't you move on, first, from the topic and, secondly, from my comment.

Hope you've seen how intelligent you are!

You've just confirmed my initial suspicion about your reasoning power.

Again, keep it up!
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Hashabiah: 11:58am On Dec 17, 2021
[s]
Globad:

Why didn't you move on, first, from the topic and, secondly, from my comment.

Hope you've seen how intelligent you are!
[/s]Don't litter my mentions with your self-imposed stupidity abeg....just move on like all the others
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by SIRTee15: 12:00pm On Dec 17, 2021
Miyachi:

There is no act or law to that effect. The pilot doesn't "own" the aircraft, he acts on behalf of the aircraft carrier.

An aircraft carrier doesn't have the right to cannot remove a passenger except for security reasons. This is a fact even by international law(FAA). The passenger can rightfully sue for damages and I would add assault, if I were him.

Please point me to a local law that supports your opinion.

Be deceiving yourself.
Air hostess can kick u out of the plane if she feels your dressing is inappropriate. They have the final say inside the plane.
An American professor was removed off the plane because she was allergic to pets and didn't want to sit near a dog in the plane.
A Nigerian woman and her kids who bought a first class tickets were kicked out of the plane because another passenger complained she had body odour.
Leave all this rights and international law u talking about. Its obvious u not familiar with air travels rules and regulation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zcqcCeBeXw

https://www.legit.ng/1169114-nigerian-woman-kicked-plane-white-man-complained-body-odour.html
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by EyenNtokon: 12:07pm On Dec 17, 2021
html14java:
Huh??
What am I hearing?
Delayed a flight and still forced the persenger to disembark?

Che na that pilot get the aeroplane ni? Abi the pilot doesn't know he's serving the public? Or you've forgotten Customer is King?

Damn!
Even a danfo driver cant try this on me, not to talk of Aeroplane. I'll just sue the damn airline and get that fucking pilot fired for life.

Beautiful rubbish.
pilots are authorize to disembark any passenger dat misbehave (security related). Go and do research
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by HOB777(m): 12:13pm On Dec 17, 2021
Seeing the headline before watching the video clip, inside me I said to myself it must be Arik Air... lo and behold they never disappoint

1 Like

Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Miyachi: 12:23pm On Dec 17, 2021
SIRTee15:

Be deceiving yourself.
Air hostess can kick u out of the plane if she feels your dressing is inappropriate. They have the final say inside the plane.
An American professor was removed off the plane because she was allergic to pets and didn't want to sit near a dog in the plane.
A Nigerian woman and her kids who bought a first class tickets were kicked out of the plane because another passenger complained she had body odour.
Leave all this rights and international law u talking about. Its obvious u not familiar with air travels rules and regulation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zcqcCeBeXw

https://www.legit.ng/1169114-nigerian-woman-kicked-plane-white-man-complained-body-odour.html
They do not have the final say, don't be blinded by your sentiments. They are guided by the rules of the airline. If you took the time to read up on the instances you cited, you'd find out that the airlines cited rules that the passengers broke.

Even at that, if you feel a rule isn't fair or infringes in your rights, you can go to court.

You are not a judge and you can't adjudicate over a matter and say a person doesn't have the right to seek for a redress.

What I don't understand is how anybody can defend the pilot and say he can deplane a passenger because he doesn't like him. That is not a valid reason.

Again I state my point, a pilot or air hostess or airline carrier cannot kick you off a flight arbitrarily after you've boarded, you have to be breaking a rule.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by DAMN99: 12:35pm On Dec 17, 2021
Hashabiah:
It remains unclear as to how it got to this level ,but in a way, I support the pilot sha. Who knows if the passenger might have been a suicide-bomber or terrorist undecided

Secondly, why is that staff preventing the lady from recording his aircraft company's selling point ? grin Abi dem no fancy publicity again ? cheesy
If the passenger is a suicide bomber/terrorist, the pilot would have say it since he doesn't like the guy but he didn't say or alleged that because it's a different case, so Stop assuming bullshit just because you have the privilege to think with ur nyash.
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Adennipsy: 12:45pm On Dec 17, 2021
calculator123:
We have no idea about what transpired between the pilot and the air hostess but if a pilot deem a passenger's presence to be a security risk and asks you to disembark, you have no choice.

By the way, never make a pilot angry because the moment the plane hits V1 and rotates, your life is practically in his/her hand.

His own life is at risk as well. Stop trying to make an agenda out of nothing, the same way your life is in the hand of a pilot so is your life is in the hand of a normal driver.
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Anndrew(m): 12:49pm On Dec 17, 2021
sad
Mynd44:

..u are 1000% wrong...this is absolutely rubbish...a pilot has no right to send off a passenger from the plan,what are are the work of the airport security....just imagine after going various pass and security checkpoint only to sit on the plane and one mumu pilot go come out from no where and ask the passenger to step out...only in shit hole can this happen...there is different being a mode or captain and also different being stupid and illogical...
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Hashabiah: 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2021
[s]
DAMN99:

If the passenger is a suicide bomber/terrorist, the pilot would have say it since he doesn't like the guy but he didn't say or alleged that because it's a different case, so Stop assuming bullshit just because you have the privilege to think with ur nyash.
[/s] You're just talking trash like the other monikers on this forum. Did they tell you the cause of the argument? Secondly, the pilot reserves the right to fly or not fly the plane as he seems fit. This is something jokers like you don't know because you're stuck in the ignorance called Nigeria
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by SavageResponse(m): 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2021
Mynd44:

Don't mind these ignorant people that will just open their mouth and talk rubbish
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by SavageResponse(m): 12:56pm On Dec 17, 2021
Anndrew:
sad..u are 1000% wrong...this is absolutely rubbish...a pilot has no right to send off a passenger from the plan,what are are the work of the airport security....just imagine after going various pass and security checkpoint only to sit on the plane and one mumu pilot go come out from no where and ask the passenger to step out...only in shit hole can this happen...there is different being a mode or captain and also different being stupid and illogical...

You're talking trash!
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Enyimbamercedes: 12:58pm On Dec 17, 2021
Air Peace did this some time back to a female passenger

A pilot can ask that an unruly and disruptive passenger be disembarked but i am sure our Nigerian pilots will overstretch this privilege

The manner of disembarking can be more courteous; it doesn't mean that they will carry a full grown man with hair on his blokos like a sack of rice.

Anyway, Arik , Air Peace and all Nigerian airlines are useless
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Anndrew(m): 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2021
SavageResponse:

You're talking trash!
u are the trash...my post are for the logical
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by DAMN99: 1:02pm On Dec 17, 2021
Hashabiah:
[s][/s] You're just talking trash like the other monikers on this forum. Did they tell you the cause of the argument? Secondly, the pilot reserves the right to fly or not fly the plane as he seems fit. This is something jokers like you don't know because you're stuck in the ignorance called Nigeria
He mentioned the passenger is rude and the last time I checked, rudeness isn't a qualified reason for a pilot not to decide to do the job he is been paid for. If a passenger is rude or bahave in a certain manner he can actually report to the proper agency, that's what normal people do. but he the pilot decide to delay other passengers because of one person and unprofessionalism which is not funny . Once again try dey reason with ur brains and not ur nyash.
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Jobola1: 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2021
Mynd44:

I wonder the amount of people you have misled with this comment which reeks of someone who has no personal dignity or respect n who surely doesn't understand his right.

Nobody who uses Nigerian Airlines on a fairly regular basis will take sides with any of these mostly unprofessional airlines. From your position, I can understand u don't use d local airlines.

A 7 hour delay will get a lot of tension boiled over and if u forcefully remove a passenger such airline could pay dearly for it in millions is dollars. Yes, same airlines in your "developed countries" you are trying to hook your argument on. How many airlines in those developed places will ever delay your flight?

If u delay my flight for that sort of time, I might as well go home with the pilot's teeth, when he attends d next management meeting, he can also slap a few of his bosses to get even. How can u buy a ticket and your next prayer will be "let them not delay the flight." What type of quack industry is that?

1 Like

Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2021
Mynd44:

TBH, this analogy doesn't necessarily pass the vibe check with the silly situation displaying up there. The plane doesn't personally belong to the pilot like a bus belongs to a danfo driver. Are you trying to tell me there isn't some sort passenger quality assurance?

The flight was delayed 7 hours and the passenger probably raised his voice to complain, and the pilot's ego is bruised. Yeah they kicked him off but that doesn't make it always right. The passenger is probably a powerless regular person. Are you trying to tell me it would have played out like this if it was the son of a minister?

Pilots are arrogant, cocky people who act like they rule the world because they sit and watch a plane fly itself. Mtchew.

2 Likes

Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by techWriter5: 1:16pm On Dec 17, 2021
everyone comin mad for this region ... ( In OBO's chorus )
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Mayhem1: 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2021
hedonido:
The pilot doesn't even get the chance to see passengers most times. So I guess the said passenger must have been unruly to one of the Air hostesses who then reported to the pilot, and then the pilot asked the said passenger to disembark.

Now it depends on the extent of unruliness and what the air hostess must have told the pilot. That would help us determine whether the pilot was too harsh or justified in asking the passenger to disembark.

I was once on a local flight where one block headed yahoo boy looking animal refused to switch off his phone before take off. After several entreaties by the air hostess, she had to report to the pilot and then the pilot made an announcement threatening to delay the flight and call airport security to take the guy down if he refused to comply. Consequently all the passengers shouted at the idiot before he switched off his phone. So yeah, some fools can be very unruly.
So u were the idiot that refused to switch off ur phone
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Emmanuel909090: 1:30pm On Dec 17, 2021
Mynd44:

You must be a fool for saying this.
Seems you have not been on a flight to know that some of the air hostess and pilots can be very rude.

He should get down after paying for the flight,
The pilot should also be able to give him enough money to book PJ urgently.

What if he has an international flight to catch or a meeting to attend, you are here spilling trash.

If I was on that flight, that young man is going no where, rather the airline will change the pilot.

Must you like the faces of everyone you serve?

Because he is the captain he has unequivocal right and authority to ask any passenger including staff to disembark if he feel (in anyway),

Olodo his right can be questioned if used wrongly.

Dubai thunder fire you there.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by seunfape(m): 1:43pm On Dec 17, 2021
If na local flight, make he enter car
Re: Passenger Forcibly Removed From Plane After Pilot Asks Him To Disembark (Video) by Hashabiah: 1:46pm On Dec 17, 2021
[s]
DAMN99:

He mentioned the passenger is rude and the last time I checked, rudeness isn't a qualified reason for a pilot not to decide to do the job he is been paid for. If a passenger is rude or bahave in a certain manner he can actually report to the proper agency, that's what normal people do. but he the pilot decide to delay other passengers because of one person and unprofessionalism which is not funny . Once again try dey reason with ur brains and not ur nyash.
[/s] You didn't watch the video. Do that before commenting so as not to sound stupid and ignorant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Onitsha Port Receives Pilot Cargo Barges / Train Derailment In Montana, USA: Three Dead, Fifty Injured / Nigerian Man Expresses Displeasure After He Was Banned From A Gym In Uk(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.