Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

"Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) (73978 Views)

Body Of Man Who Jumped Into Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge Water Recovered / Man Stopped From Committing Suicide By Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon (Photos, Video) / Family Confirms Death Of Lagos Diploma Holder Who Jumped Into Lagoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by TobbiLegendi(m): 10:15am On Dec 18, 2021
So l,has that option resolved his problem now?
U just oppose without a reasonable idea
Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by Themandator: 10:27am On Dec 18, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Hmm...someone who would have saved his life was busy taking video of him so that he can post on social media and trend.

Let's think about this, marijuana is one of the causes of depression in many smokers, it reduces dopamine level in their brain and make them numb to emotions, the pain excessive marijuana intake causes to your sense of reality can literally make a smoker commit sucide. It is always cool when people think you smoke marijuana but the damage it does to your brain is sometimes irreversible.

The sad part is that the man has left this world and his wife will have to continue the journey of taking care of their daughter by any means possible.

I don't think the person was close enough to grab him judging from the fact that he had to zoom in on him at some point and was getting close then the guy made his dive
Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by DKM123: 10:37am On Dec 18, 2021
neoclassical:
For those who are accusing the person that recorded the video why he did not rescue the deceased, are you guys blind to see that the guy was sitting in a dangerous position. Any attempt to hold him at that moment would have resulted in both the guy and the rescuer falling inside the lagoon. So unfortunate he died that way.
At the same time, I condemn early marriage in its entirety. Imagine blaming the parents for not taking care of a married man, when he is supposed to be taking care of his parents. If you have a means of livelihood, you can marry anything you want, otherwise, why rushing into marriage at such early stage. Such depression would have been avoided if he did not have a family to cater for at the age of 25 years without tangible means of sustenance, considering the perilous times we find ourselves orchestrated by evil old men who call themselves leaders.
May his soul rest in peace.

You said everything. How can a 25 year old man with a family commit suicide because his mummy and daddy are not taking care of him? What sort of foolishness, entitlement and absurdity is that. His mates are giving their parents monthly allowance and this one isn't doing like his responsibile mates but instead insist he wants to keep sucking mummy's breast and then killing himself because he wasn't given breast like a baby. Nonsense!
Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by christistruth01: 11:01am On Dec 18, 2021
Odani:

Not true my g. Pipo go thru train tracks

Subway Tracks can kill with over 500 volts of Electricity

The ones you are talking about have overhead Electricity Lines not along the Tracks
Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by blueAgent(m): 11:02am On Dec 18, 2021
Femeto:
Abeg wetin be the difference between Colorado and Arizona?

Both are states in US,one dey northern US while the other dey southern US.
Lol......

1 Like

Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by DaveHarry(m): 11:36am On Dec 18, 2021
anytime someone commits this abomination, it's a proof there is death for every human even before Adam and Eve ate from the supposed tree of "life and death".
Adam and Eve were created to die one day regardless of their actions.

Well no human have the right to take a life be it theirs or another.
Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by syntekelite(m): 11:51am On Dec 18, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
By Alao Abiodun

Source: The Nation

In other words everyone is to be blamed except her the wife,who should be supposedly closest to him...
Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by Psoul(m): 12:01pm On Dec 18, 2021
christistruth01:

The Train Tracks are heavily electrified

Yeah, but the current can be switched off before the person commits the suicide.
Well, bros I get ur point.

1 Like

Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by Slymking: 1:32pm On Dec 18, 2021
Alot of people out there are battling one thing or the other... depression is real and deadly but suicide is never the option...while there's life, there's hope.....May his soul rest in peace.
Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by writeprof(m): 2:21pm On Dec 18, 2021
neoclassical:
For those who are accusing the person that recorded the video why he did not rescue the deceased, are you guys blind to see that the guy was sitting in a dangerous position. Any attempt to hold him at that moment would have resulted in both the guy and the rescuer falling inside the lagoon. So unfortunate he died that way.
At the same time, I condemn early marriage in its entirety. Imagine blaming the parents for not taking care of a married man, when he is supposed to be taking care of his parents. If you have a means of livelihood, you can marry anything you want, otherwise, why rushing into marriage at such early stage. Such depression would have been avoided if he did not have a family to cater for at the age of 25 years without tangible means of sustenance, considering the perilous times we find ourselves orchestrated by evil old men who call themselves leaders.
Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by shokzemo: 2:34pm On Dec 18, 2021
yamunla:
HER FAMILY WAN USE HER CASH OUT SHARP SHARP

May the soul of her husband RIP
tongue
yamunla:
HER FAMILY WAN USE HER CASH OUT SHARP SHARP

May the soul of her husband RIP
Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by papamondico: 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2021
Maybe his parents was not in support of him marrying Miss Sofiat Amusa and as such his parents had to say "OYO". may his soul rest in peace
Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by ericmor: 3:21pm On Dec 18, 2021
Wawelexy:

Three or Four persons on a deserted bridge?
Was the person expecting to meet him there? What if he was just a passerby that just parked his car to help?

That just the best he could do.
Any charge toward that guy(who has already made up his mind) can also lead him to trouble,
He might fall alongside the victim or get sued cos people might say he scared the victim to jumping, that a few word might have made him change his mind... Abi no be Nigerians wey I know....

All the same, Suicide is never an option...

And Nigeria police is one of our problem in Nigeria, if the guy made the attempt to held that guy and he eventually fall, they will hold the guy for scarying him and even pushing him to the lagoon all in the name of money they want to collect. That is one of the reason why people mind their business in Nigeria and find it difficult to help just to avoid police extortion
Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by akigbemaru: 3:22pm On Dec 18, 2021
Amos1423:
Africans! Nigerians! Zombies of the highest order.

I bet you in the end, Africans are just good examples on how humans are not supposed to live.

It's quite sad that when you get to Mali, Cameron's, Niger, Ghana and even to South Africa mostly part populated by blacks and the rest of the subharan Africa you'd get to notice that every of our sense of thoughts either rich or poor is all wired the same, first it's always the battle of the first generation of how to escape poverty then, how to not get broke again later how your generation would never be poor again forgetting that it takes just one wretched child, sad incidence or whatever for all that's ever worked for to be gone in a day, everyone is just all about themselves, just themselves that's why you see greed, selfishness and corruption thrives best cause to everyone Africa is just but how to survive, this is where everyone doesn't just want to live in, everyone sincerely just wants to be free from this contraption and if not for taxes and strict laws Abroad, every rich individual would be doing business in Nigeria from Abroad also if our politicians had a chance they'd rule Nigeria from abroad same way Buhari is doing that's why you see even the least councilors and local government chairman don't stay in their local government, most of them live either secretly or publicly in the capital city because of course that's the best place to live? Who'd want to live in the village filed with people who expects that because you work for government you need to dash people money around and if you don't do as expected you'd be termed selfish and this might trampled your political career so if you want to be that good politician, you must be a giver and from which purse are they expected to give if not stealing from the government purse to please the people as such to every one kobo given, one naira is deducted from the government purse which was meant to serve real underlying projects, contracts or whatever but because Nigerians themselves are greedy, they'd expect the big man to give not minding if he's splashing the money meant for government contracts.

Government official is not supposed to dash people money but here in Africa, you see governors buying vehicles for paramount rulers and we clap for them for breaking the codes of thee Public Service but the prime minister of UK renovated his house, BOOM everyone started questioning where he got the funds cause its a transparent world there and everything must be done transparently but here in Africa, people who head government schools don't even have their kids in government school (just like a restaurant owner not eating from his restaurant) but we have sycophants clapping all along for what's wrong.

Nigerians are going through alot but to be sincere, everyone just merits the measure of pain we are going through because we are just not so different from how we want our leaders not to be.

A Nigerian entrepreneur would maltreat his employees at the slight chances then uses same mouth to criticize the government.

A Nigerian common security at the gate of an organizations feels its rather wise to oppress, extort others all for the fact that he's the security man.

Nigerians don't just care about the next door neighbor and sometimes even members of the family don't care about their family members too, everyone is just about themselves that's why you see life in Africa is just battle of the fittest and only the strong lives while the rest continues in the race of survival, eat small food, build small houses, have a small car or sometimes non and what next? Die leaving your family to with the choice of selling off your property to bury you cause you were the all in all, you never thought of opportunities you could present for others to rise and in the end all that you've worked for just gone like that.

No one cares!

In schools, it's student against lecturers, lecturers against management and management against their respective state government or federal.

In the society, its government against the people and the people against government

Police against the people, everyone just has their measure of evil against the next person. I have watched a female officer shut the door on a poor boy who came for an interview just because she didn't like the boys dress; what if that was the only pairs of cloth which the boy had?

If only we cared about what our next generations would look like, the kind of environment you'd wish for them to grow we as a people would already be pushing the government, pressuring them on what to and what not to at every point in time.

Everyone is judging the camera man but in the end have you ever wondered or asked yourself why a boy of that age with no source of income, impregnates a girl and start a family when he is being sustained by another person? Have we ever thought about the future of the kid who'd grow up with no opportunity morally, technically, educationally and every "ally". This sh**t happens everywhere, children raising children under the parents roof. Ave we ever thought of the poor child, the difficult and struggles of life the child will see? I though children were the foundation of the society? Ave we wondered what foundation our kids are raised? If child rights law in Nigeria was successfully effected & implented, in the first place, what would trigger a person who can't take care of himself to want to raise a child after the fore knowledge of the impending danger that would befall him from the government if the child is not properly taken care of? Of course you know about child support, that way people can only raise kids when ready and not when it rains, also we can start from raising a sane society.

The rate rate of suicide in the country the past years is alarming, it clearly shows everything is wrong in the society. People who commits suicide sometimes don't want to die but just wants their pain, challenges to go away.

Graduates will finish from school, no work and the next advise is for he/she to start getting is to start a business, from which money?

I pity Africans cause we will never grow with this attitude
Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by suffering: 3:56pm On Dec 18, 2021
I am an advocate for suicide being a legitimate form of death. Some people see no hope in their situation and would not receive help because everyone is facing their own business. His demise has left one less mouth to feed, no different from lives lost during war, famine, car accidents and epidemics.

1 Like

Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by puppie017: 4:47pm On Dec 18, 2021
Ugandatales:

Big difference...Three drags of Colorado is enough to make you crazy...Arizona is Childs play compared to Colorado. I once went to see a friend, and his friends were smoking Colorado...can you believe that I got high, even without smoking (I'm not a smoker)...just from inhaling secondhand Colorado smoke, I got high.
I just want to be HIGH
WATIMAGBO

1 Like

Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by Michael213: 4:58pm On Dec 18, 2021
neoclassical:

Oil de your head...you nailed it.
Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by ABANGWABOI(m): 7:55pm On Dec 18, 2021
Onyeka2019:

Bro sometimes you need to apply wisdom on your words.. mother fucker

Nne GI bu Onye Ara ...
Ewu
Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by Ilekokonit: 10:07pm On Dec 18, 2021
Tzar:
Trust me our minds have different matrix & thresholds to withstand pressure and stress before insanity sets in.
What you can handle with ease without going crazy, your twin with a similar DNA may not be able to tolerate it.
Some people will live a fulfilled and stress free life even when neck deep in unpayable debt, others will become defeatist and suicidal at the thought of owing debt they have assets to pay off.
Human beings are complex creatures.

True talk in bold above.

Reminds me of the German billionaire Adolf Merckle who commited suicide in 2009 after losing 500 million Euros speculating on Volkswagen shares. His family said he was broken by the struggle to salvage their business empire.

He committed suicide at age 74 due to losses during the global financial crisis of 2007–2008. He was at one point the fifth-richest person in Germany with a net worth of $9.2 billion.

in 2008, Merckle made a speculative investment based on his belief that Volkswagen shares would fall; however, in October 2008, Porsche SE's support of Volkswagen led to a short squeeze that sent shares on the Xetra dax from €210.85 to over €1,000 in less than two days. It is believed that he lost as much as 500 million Euros.

Adolf Merckle committed suicide on 5 January 2009 near his villa in Blaubeuren by throwing himself under a speeding train.

He was still a billionaire in Euros but was so distraught at not being able to revive his family business that he felt that death is better than dishonor.

This buttresses your point above that
Some people will live a fulfilled and stress free life even when neck deep in unpayable debt, while others will become defeatist and suicidal at the thought of owing debt they have assets to pay off.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-merckle-newsmaker-sb-idUSTRE5055O820090106

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by Ezyp(m): 2:42am On Dec 19, 2021
christistruth01:

If the Person talking to him had signalled to others he Could have been Caught from behind by 3 or 4 People while the other Person talking to him distracted him
For express road?? Nobody else was there except a lady's voice heard after he jumped.
People should stop blaming the guy who recorded. As the man with the camera approached gently while trying to talk to him, he jumped. With or without camera, there is nothing he can do to save an already made up mind
Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by SOLTEM: 5:57pm On Dec 19, 2021
[quote author=6ixT8 post=108600434]
stop scribbing this cliche.

if it isnt an option, no one would think about it in the first place.[/qu

Incase you're at point of decision making. Thinking of what to do as way out of whatever situation you may find yourself. Suicide is never what you should consider as a way out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by 6ixT8: 6:01pm On Dec 19, 2021
[quote author=SOLTEM post=108641342][/quote]
Incase you're at point of decision making. Thinking of what to do as way out of whatever situation you may find yourself. Suicide is never what you should consider as a way out.
There are people worth living for.
Re: "Why My Husband Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon" - Wife (Video) by LucemFerre: 9:19pm On Dec 19, 2021
SOLTEM:

Hmm.. Suicide is a way out of what?

Way out of everything

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

COVID-19: WHO To Commence Vaccine Trials In Nigeria / Israeli $1.5M Gold & Diamond Face-Mask Is The Most Expensive In The World / 40 Persons Infected As NCDC Confirms 4 New Coronavirus Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.