Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,390 members, 7,812,150 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? (20895 Views)

Make Me Self Celebrate My Family For This Festive Season / Family Festive Giveaway / How To Cut Down Excessive Spending These Festive Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by SocialJustice: 2:10pm On Dec 18, 2021
KiNg0G:
Ever since I was a little boy till I became an adult, have been living in the oil City.

My both parents are from here, from the same community.

I grew up from here, still living life up in here... so this evening I decided to go check up on a friend, getting there asked about another mutual friends of ours that lived close by.
he then told me, "Tony don go village yesterday"..I say ehh.

I wasn't surprised, because tony normally goes to his village this December and spend till the first week of January, and when he comes back..he be looking more relaxed, physically fit... and can I say fresh.( sometimes I even doubt if na village him dey go or dubai)

Asking him what he does in the village, he tell us about their different festivals, carnivals, bush meat eating... and fresh ajebutters girls, you know what's up.

So tell me bros, why won't I jealous people who have village to visit?

as am here, am already in my village.
my village is a general city.
warri city... sometimes I wish my both parents didn't come from same tribe (warri) at least.

To those living in Lagos, who their village is also Lagos..like lekki, festac, ikoyi...do you relate?

What if my kids gets to ask, daddy takes us to village.
what do I say?
Lol but Warri is not a tribe. I even wish my village was a city. You don't have to come from a place to visit and experience that life. Follow your friend to his village next year. Follow am chop the girls.
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by KosiGee(m): 2:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
If your ancestral home/country home is located in the Village/country side then you don’t know how blessed you are. That’s the place to be….away from keke/okada/cars and noise…just the chirping of birds and the rustling of fronds of palm trees/coconut trees.

I hail those that live in Lagos, Onitsha and other very populated and busy cities. I won’t live there.

4 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by MrMacinterchi1: 2:20pm On Dec 18, 2021
T0T0fucker:
people dey run from village people.

this one dey find village people to run to
staying away from you hometown doesn't mean that you are running away from it
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by marylandcakes: 2:21pm On Dec 18, 2021
Nairaland is my adopted village. Filled up of village people.

1 Like

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by MartinsD12(m): 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2021
KiNg0G:
Ever since I was a little boy till I became an adult, have been living in the oil City.

I grew up from here, still living life up in here... so this evening I decided to go check up on a friend, getting there asked about another mutual friends of ours that lived close by.

I wasn't surprised, because tony normally goes to his village this December and spend till the first week of January, and when he comes back..he be looking more relaxed, physically fit... and can I say fresh.( sometimes I even doubt if na village him dey go or dubai)

Asking him what he does in the village, he tell us about their different festivals, carnivals, bush meat eating... and fresh ajebutters girls, you know what's up.

warri city... sometimes I wish my both parents didn't come from same tribe (warri) at least.

To those living in Lagos, who their village is also Lagos..like lekki, festac, ikoyi...do you relate?

what do I say?
You think say oyibo people make mistake when dey talk say no place like home, no place like home is your village , listen the beauty and joy of Christmas is in the village, imagine the happiness you get to see people, relative's , classmates you have not seen for year's , the truth is village is the meeting point of every Christmas celebration , no matter how e bad reach people way go travel go village go still pass ndi ala bu otu ( this is a phrase being used to describe people that doesn't like going to village during Christmas they will tell you everywhere that can stay in town to do their since all places are the same but it's not true), village na village if I be you leave pH mehn enter Lagos or any other city den during Xmas come back and enjoy your pH as village .

1 Like

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2021
letsfarmnigeria:
Seriously if you don't travel at all in a year and you see people around always travelling either to village for holidays or abroad u may feel somehow

Subscribe to my youtube channel letusfarm to see how to successfully raise catfish and other Agricultural practices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFZoGjGZC5Y
I want to start fish farm I will be contacting you soon and I also subscribe to your channel

2 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Alaefulu(m): 2:24pm On Dec 18, 2021
Sorry we don clean your name from those wey go make heaven...haba
Ebubechuwku:

Your own papa don carry you comot village, na for you to carry your pikin comot naija....do you even think like that??

So that nigeria will be your own pikin village.... grin grin grin grin

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Judolisco(m): 2:28pm On Dec 18, 2021
If u r from Washington dc... U go dey find one yeye village?
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by JOemmy(m): 2:28pm On Dec 18, 2021
Joysticks:
What about village firewood for cooking?It seems you have not visited the village lately.Ritualists dey but media blackout and power outage dey hide the evil there.If person die now now,them go bury am sharp sharp.No autopsy or whatever.

I agree with you there are some villages that are no go area due to the kind of evil that goes on there but in my village in imo state the activities of evil people have been largely curtailed which made it possible for a lot of extremely wealthy people living all over the world to come back home to build very beautiful big mansions everywhere one single man single handly tarred all the roads leading to my village. This is usually the case in most communities in igboland but I don't know of other parts of nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Sterope(f): 2:29pm On Dec 18, 2021
There is nothing to envy. I suppose the excitement I feel when I travel to visit my grandparents in the same city is the same one I would feel if I have to travel another state.
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Palazee(m): 2:30pm On Dec 18, 2021
Well, we igbos attach great importance to it.

I don't know for other tribes

But nothing is as good as visiting ones ancestral home

4 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Focusmind: 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2021
One of the questions I asked a primary school friend then in Onitsha. I was excited that I would be going to the village on December 23, 1990. I asked him why their family always stayed at Onitsha when everyone had gone to their villages during Christmas and Easter. He said he is from Onitsha and had no village to go to.
We were age mate then, just 11 years and living in the same area in Onitsha. It was my mum that explained better to me why my friend, Obiora had no village to visit as he is an Osha boy. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by VicM6: 2:38pm On Dec 18, 2021
OP dey high on drugs.....with the way village people dey hack people password, u still dey talk say make person go village....nawa o.

2 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by olatuns2017: 2:53pm On Dec 18, 2021
KiNg0G:

what do I say?

They say lagos na no man's land but every Christmas they will go to their villages for Xmas!!!

Ibos always leave on self denial

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by JoyousFurnitire(m): 3:04pm On Dec 18, 2021
Ebubechuwku:

Your own papa don carry you comot village, na for you to carry your pikin comot naija....do you even think like that??

So that nigeria will be your own pikin village.... grin grin grin grin

Deep
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by christistruth01: 3:09pm On Dec 18, 2021
greenie77:
Had a secondary school classmate in Maryland (Lagos), whose village/ ancestral home is Ojota(Lagos) and I used to think back then it was abnormal considering we did almost 10hrs road trip from Lagos to my village! cheesy

There are People whose ancestral homes are Lagos,Island,Ikoyi, Victoria Island,Iddo,Apapa Ebutte Meta

But the good thing is that many of them have Mothers or relations from other Places

For example both Oba Adele and Akitoye of Lagos had mothers who were Egbas and Abeokuta was where they fled to during their time of Tribulations

2 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Adrian98(m): 3:10pm On Dec 18, 2021
The things that get to this front page are really silly sometimes
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by suffering: 3:12pm On Dec 18, 2021
Remove all of a human’s problems and they’ll create new ones. If you have no village to visit, follow Tony to his and see what happens there. I’ve traveled to the village only once during the festive season and saw nothing special about it. Na to remain for city sure pass for my matter.
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by juman(m): 3:17pm On Dec 18, 2021
Op, you have a village.

You have four grand parents.
At least one of them came from a village.
You can visit the village.
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 18, 2021
I live in my village/city
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by 8stargeneral: 3:29pm On Dec 18, 2021
Village is very sweet during festive period...U see old time friends relatives...but d cost nobe here ,u must spend because there's a lot things to enjoy...fresh palm wine..fruits...local foods...bush meat well prepared with palm wine .
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by merits(m): 3:49pm On Dec 18, 2021
Jidemoo:
No need to envy them....life is full of choices
God bless you bro,I like this your statement.

Moreover good things no dey finished.
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by sylve11: 3:59pm On Dec 18, 2021
The little things that makes you long for home.... sad cool
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by baby124: 4:11pm On Dec 18, 2021
I am from Lagos. It’s usually very enjoyable during Christmas actually. Especially when a lot of the crowd go home. One day we must lock gate sha because, the amount of strangers is becoming too much grin.

When I was growing up, it used to be a lot of fun in our family house.

3 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Myexdisturbs: 4:16pm On Dec 18, 2021
MsFaith:
No. I envy those who travel abroad for Christmas touring the world, visiting nice places.

Everything about Nigeria don tire me Abeg cry
We ,we leave abroad to the village . It's more relaxing for us .irony of life
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by moshino(m): 4:34pm On Dec 18, 2021
yanabasee2:
Why would anyone feel envious about people traveling to their village...??

Used to have that type of zeal as a kid.... Until I went to the village and began to suffer.... go to farm and do better job..... Then return to walk miles away to fetch water from the stream.... My younger cousins who knew how to paddle the bicycle would have it easy... while I will put the bucket and climb hills....

You better be thanking your father ... There is no fun

All villages are not the same, and all village experiences are not the same. Yours was obviously a nightmare for you.
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by akdjr(m): 4:35pm On Dec 18, 2021
Everyone has village except you choose not to go. I have a friend whose village is Ikeja and he has never stop calling Ikeja his village despite those of us that came to Lagos from our various village regard Ikeja as city.

1 Like

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by letsfarmnigeria: 4:36pm On Dec 18, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

I want to start fish farm I will be contacting you soon and I also subscribe to your channel
Thanks anytime am ready for your questions and by his Grace success is sure

1 Like

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Benprass(m): 5:03pm On Dec 18, 2021
yanabasee2:
Why would anyone feel envious about people traveling to their village...??

Used to have that type of zeal as a kid.... Until I went to the village and began to suffer.... go to farm and do better job..... Then return to walk miles away to fetch water from the stream.... My younger cousins who knew how to paddle the bicycle would have it easy... while I will put the bucket and climb hills....

You better be thanking your father ... There is no fun in the village...

Carnivals in the cities.... Cinemas in the cities and parks and gardens are there with rich kids.... But you want to go and be struggling local champions with village people... And their festival that they organize to kill their brothers that is living large in the city...

One man food is another man death trap.
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Ffhh: 5:10pm On Dec 18, 2021
No
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by rumaabk(m): 5:10pm On Dec 18, 2021
Me my own village is no go area cuz Bandits don scattered everyone comot village.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reasons To Stop Trying To Prove Yourself To Everyone / The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola / Pls Time To Remember Our Old Fellow Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.