Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,768 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? (20914 Views)

Make Me Self Celebrate My Family For This Festive Season / Family Festive Giveaway / How To Cut Down Excessive Spending These Festive Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 18, 2021
Mariangeles:
Truly, I’ve always wondered how those who’ve always lived in their state of origin feel, having no other place to “look forward to”, to visit, to call “home”. Especially when it’s a city.
To think that Lagos, as chaotic as it is, is someone’s “home” is kinda disturbing.

Disturbing to you.
It's a thing of pride to know that my state, my home is the one place indigenes of other states want to be in. Like a poster said up there, "your city is my village"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Afonjashapmouth: 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2021
I pity wetin dem won go spend grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by coolclarke(m): 1:25pm On Dec 18, 2021
Everyone come from village it could be that where you come from have developed into big cities like New York, jorburg where once upon a time a village! I'm lagosian Lagos Island precisely I love my village ❤️❤️❤️

4 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by SmartPolician: 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2021
Mariangeles:
Truly, I’ve always wondered how those who’ve always lived in their state of origin feel, having no other place to “look forward to”, to visit, to call “home”. Especially when it’s a city.

To think that Lagos, as chaotic as it is, is someone’s “home” is kinda disturbing.

Honestly, this part touched me cry

1 Like

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Dozie32(m): 1:30pm On Dec 18, 2021
KiNg0G:
Ever since I was a little boy till I became an adult, have been living in the oil City.

My both parents are from here, from the same community.

I grew up from here, still living life up in here... so this evening I decided to go check up on a friend, getting there asked about another mutual friends of ours that lived close by.
he then told me, "Tony don go village yesterday"..I say ehh.

I wasn't surprised, because tony normally goes to his village this December and spend till the first week of January, and when he comes back..he be looking more relaxed, physically fit... and can I say fresh.( sometimes I even doubt if na village him dey go or dubai)

Asking him what he does in the village, he tell us about their different festivals, carnivals, bush meat eating... and fresh ajebutters girls, you know what's up.

So tell me bros, why won't I jealous people who have village to visit?

as am here, am already in my village.
my village is a general city.
warri city... sometimes I wish my both parents didn't come from same tribe (warri) at least.

To those living in Lagos, who their village is also Lagos..like lekki, festac, ikoyi...do you relate?

What if my kids gets to ask, daddy takes us to village.
what do I say?

Relocate to another state or city. And be returning to your current base. Envy solved.

2 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by thatigboman1: 1:30pm On Dec 18, 2021
Op is warri a tribe?
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by JOemmy(m): 1:31pm On Dec 18, 2021
T0T0fucker:
people dey run from village people.

this one dey find village people to run to

My guy evil people full everywhere even in big cities u hardly even find ritualists and kidnappers in the village like in big cities like warri and lagos.
If u come from a typical rural village u will always feel very refreshed and reinvigorated after visiting during this festive season no toxic smoke from many cars to breath in or noise pollution which is usually the typical norm in big cities the village settings is the best place to meditate and plan for the new year.

3 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Saig: 1:31pm On Dec 18, 2021
yanabasee2:
Why would anyone feel envious about people traveling to their village...??

Used to have that type of zeal as a kid.... Until I went to the village and began to suffer.... go to farm and do better job..... Then return to walk miles away to fetch water from the stream.... My younger cousins who knew how to paddle the bicycle would have it easy... while I will put the bucket and climb hills....

You better be thanking your father ... There is no fun in the village...

Carnivals in the cities.... Cinemas in the cities and parks and gardens are there with rich kids.... But you want to go and be struggling local champions with village people... And their festival that they organize to kill their brothers that is living large in the city...
Depends on the kind of village you come from
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Saig: 1:32pm On Dec 18, 2021
yanabasee2:

Used to have that type of zeal as a kid.... Until I went to the village and began to suffer.... go to farm and do better job..... Then return to walk miles away to fetch water from the stream.... My younger cousins who knew how to paddle the bicycle would have it easy... while I will put the bucket and climb hills....

Carnivals in the cities.... Cinemas in the cities and parks and gardens are there with rich kids.... But you want to go and be struggling local champions with village people... And their festival that they organize to kill their brothers that is living large in the city...

Depends on the kind of village you come from
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 18, 2021
As my village has become city, best option is to relocate and make the whole of Nigeria my village. And like the say, "Avoid village people" I go avoid Nigeria with passion.
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Ofadaman(m): 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2021
If you no get back up for village, better stay your city and chill.
Many will go to village to oppress others and come back to experience draught in business, get kidnap or even worse.

I say it again, if you no get backup for village , stay for your city jejely

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Mariangeles(f): 1:37pm On Dec 18, 2021
toren:

Disturbing to you.
It's a thing of pride to know that my state, my home is the one place indigenes of other states want to be in. Like a poster said up there, "your city is my village"

Sweetie, when your village is a city, it is unfortunate.
Like, where do you go to escape the chaos? To find peace and quiet?
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2021
yanabasee2:

There is no fun in the village.Na jealousy people full there.Esp,if you that live in the city came visit with empty handed.During my village festival around November this year.My father brothers invited me to come for their god's sacrifice.They ask me to donate 3k to buy some ingredients for sacrifices.Others would bring yam and other stuff.The day they did the sacrifice they called me to come.Dem come dey mix some fetish things and pound in the mortal.Them say I go follow chop.I tell them say I no dey chop una food.Na who una wan kill.Them come dey vex.The next day the festival began.See as people from other states and countries come worship juju.A local's told me the festival was from dusk till Dawn and was always full of immortalities with people getting drunk, having sex, stealing of valuables and all that shit.

2 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by shedy03(m): 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2021
chatinent:
Even us wey get village no dey go like that.
My case is insurgency o, the road is not safe.
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Isobug: 1:39pm On Dec 18, 2021
T0T0fucker:
people dey run from village people.

this one dey find village people to run to
Taaa, You are not a real nigga. A real nigga must identify with his people at home town.

Only poor people believe in Village people things. Bros if you have problem with anybody in the village deal with it, don't generalise it. In my Home town, if you come home in festive period you're a true son of the land

3 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by RodgersAkpafu: 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2021
MsFaith:
No. I envy those who travel abroad for Christmas touring the world, visiting nice places.

Everything about Nigeria don tire me Abeg cry
Yea

There is nothing to be envious of really
The world is yours to explore
Explore it
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by RodgersAkpafu: 1:46pm On Dec 18, 2021
Leaforever:

No it's not.

It's U outsiders dt feel dt way cos U don't feel at home in Lagos. For us, Lagos is home and always has been. We know every corner of everywhere and have family, grandparents and great grandparents wt their homes here in Lagos. We visit grandma's house in igbobi. We do ileya sallah in ebutemetta wt cousins at the general mosque and celebrate at house parties with aunts and uncles throughout December & have been doing dt from birth. As I said this is HOME!
I can totally relate
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by khadaffi(m): 1:47pm On Dec 18, 2021
Mariangeles:

grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by otokx(m): 1:50pm On Dec 18, 2021
Warri has villages, where exactly in Warri are you from?

1 Like

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by otokx(m): 1:52pm On Dec 18, 2021
Joysticks:
There is no fun in the village.Na jealousy people full there.Esp,if you that live in the city came visit with empty handed.During my village festival around November this year.My father brothers invited me to come for their god's sacrifice.They ask me to donate 3k to buy some ingredients for sacrifices.Others would bring yam and other stuff.The day they did the sacrifice they called me to come.Dem come dey mix some fetish things and pound in the mortal.Them say I go follow chop.I tell them say I no dey chop una food.Na who una wan kill.Them come dey vex.The next day the festival began.See as people from other states and countries come worship juju.A local's told me the festival was from dusk till Dawn and was always full of immortalities with people getting drunk, having sex, stealing of valuables and all that shit.

Which village is that?
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Hahjascho(m): 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2021
This life wey no balance, na people cause am.
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Sleekfingers: 1:58pm On Dec 18, 2021
KiNg0G:
Ever since I was a little boy till I became an adult, have been living in the oil City.

I grew up from here, still living life up in here... so this evening I decided to go check up on a friend, getting there asked about another mutual friends of ours that lived close by.

I wasn't surprised, because tony normally goes to his village this December and spend till the first week of January, and when he comes back..he be looking more relaxed, physically fit... and can I say fresh.( sometimes I even doubt if na village him dey go or dubai)

Asking him what he does in the village, he tell us about their different festivals, carnivals, bush meat eating... and fresh ajebutters girls, you know what's up.

warri city... sometimes I wish my both parents didn't come from same tribe (warri) at least.

To those living in Lagos, who their village is also Lagos..like lekki, festac, ikoyi...do you relate?

what do I say?

My both parents are from lagos. My dad and mum's village is lagos Island. That's my village. But during festive period , I go to Epe , that's my maternal grandmother's village or badagry my paternal grandmother's village. In badagry, I get to relax well, drink fresh palm wine, eat some bush meat, seafoods and relax at the beach. My kids know that their village is lagos Island. So if your kids ask where is your village. Tell them it is warri. Shikena

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by greenie77: 2:02pm On Dec 18, 2021
KarlWest:

Sad!

IPOB/UGM/ESN has made it hard for you to visit village this year... Right?

Why would they? I am not visiting the village this year because I don't want to run the risk of paying over £2,000 for UK government's hotel quarantine when returning back to my base in January.
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Kingharzyz(m): 2:03pm On Dec 18, 2021
It’s a difficult situation ! When your village is a city!
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 18, 2021
Envy someone leaving the city to a village?

grin

Why not say do I envy someone going to hell

2 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Sion47: 2:03pm On Dec 18, 2021
Speak for urself

No place like home

quote author=T0T0fucker post=108593110]people dey run from village people.

this one dey find village people to run to[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 18, 2021
otokx:

Which village is that?
Nduku festival.
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Waffarianman(m): 2:05pm On Dec 18, 2021
KiNg0G:

I grew up from here, still living life up in here... so this evening I decided to go check up on a friend, getting there asked about another mutual
friends of ours that lived close by.

what do I say?

Bro was born breed and raise in warri Agbassa Otowodo community but now base in Lagos. Me Oshare no dey use Ughelli my villa play, village life sweet no be here. Just cool down anytime I enter wafftown I'll take you to Ughelli and enjoy village life. Every fresh here, been fresh fish, bush meat, palm wine, fresh garri from fire, veggies, palm oil, fresh air so on bro
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Sion47: 2:06pm On Dec 18, 2021
Seems ur villa is the HQ of witches and wizaaa

Pere

quote author=chatinent post=108593700]Even us wey get village no dey go like that.[/quote]
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by franchasng: 2:07pm On Dec 18, 2021
yanabasee2:

You are really suffering from Nollywood make.belief movies syndrome. The op has a very good point.

I quite relate with the op.

You that have not crossed Nigerian borders is mocking rural communities and hyping dilapidated Nigerian cities.

Even my newphews and nieces who were born and grew up abroad miss our village and always looking forward to going back to the village for festivities.

The only thing that has made traveling back to our villages a bit discouraging of recent is The Buhari curse; the incesssant kidnapping and killings going on all over Nigeria, and more predominantly in the countrysides, if not, there is nothing as refreshing and exciting as the thought of going back to your hometown to spend the festive period with your kinsmen. This of course is an Igbo people tradition and culture which none Igbos may never cherish even though some other tribes have learnt from Igbos and now doing same.

Even President George Bush have his hometown that he always travel to every Christmas. He would leave Washington to Houston Texas him countryhome.

Donald Trump does same.

Obasanjo does the same.

Goodluck Jonathan does same.

IBB does same.

Even Terrorist Buhari doesnt joke with his Daura village, so who are you?

Its good to have a home to go back to once in a while, it gives you a sense of direction and also propels one to work harder and to keep eye on greatness. Hardly you see those without identity become great in life. Dont mock your identity next time no matter how rural your hometown is, instead let the sorry condition of your hometown motivate you to work harder to become great and influential enough to change the status of your hometown for good.

7 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 18, 2021
JOemmy:

My guy evil people full everywhere even in big cities u hardly even find ritualists and kidnappers in the village like in big cities like warri and lagos.
If u come from a typical rural village u will always feel very refreshed and reinvigorated after visiting during this festive season no toxic smoke from many cars to breath in or noise pollution which is usually the typical norm in big cities the village settings is the best place to meditate and plan for the new year.
What about village firewood for cooking?It seems you have not visited the village lately.Ritualists dey but media blackout and power outage dey hide the evil there.If person die now now,them go bury am sharp sharp.No autopsy or whatever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reasons To Stop Trying To Prove Yourself To Everyone / When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child / The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.