Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,466 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? (20922 Views)

Make Me Self Celebrate My Family For This Festive Season / Family Festive Giveaway / How To Cut Down Excessive Spending These Festive Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Easy5265: 12:51pm On Dec 18, 2021
KiNg0G:
Ever since I was a little boy till I became an adult, have been living in the oil City.

My both parents are from here, from the same community.

I grew up from here, still living life up in here... so this evening I decided to go check up on a friend, getting there asked about another mutual friends of ours that lived close by.
he then told me, "Tony don go village yesterday"..I say ehh.

I wasn't surprised, because tony normally goes to his village this December and spend till the first week of January, and when he comes back..he be looking more relaxed, physically fit... and can I say fresh.( sometimes I even doubt if na village him dey go or dubai)

Asking him what he does in the village, he tell us about their different festivals, carnivals, bush meat eating... and fresh ajebutters girls, you know what's up.

So tell me bros, why won't I jealous people who have village to visit?

as am here, am already in my village.
my village is a general city.
warri city... sometimes I wish my both parents didn't come from same tribe (warri) at least.

To those living in Lagos, who their village is also Lagos..like lekki, festac, ikoyi...do you relate?

What if my kids gets to ask, daddy takes us to village.
what do I say?

Na money wey no dey bro, like say sapa no dey nearby you go sight seeing at any place of your choosing.
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by jaxman007(m): 12:51pm On Dec 18, 2021
What sort of yeye question is this? To even think that it could be brought to front page

2 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Aethiops: 12:51pm On Dec 18, 2021
No idont

1 Like

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by jawalis(m): 12:52pm On Dec 18, 2021
I can relate. Mine is somewhere in Ekiti state. But it’s been more than 6yrs since I visited. I’m running from village people and I can attest to the fact that villages are great mostly in this festive period because the residents already made arrangements and provisions for Christmas as they see it as a big festival, you gotta take some palm wine, bush meat, fresh vegetables, fruits and the calmness is second to none. But not withstanding, I’m not going anywhere soon. I’m here till I have a good story to tell.
Denique where’s your village. Let’s visit

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by JoshTim: 12:52pm On Dec 18, 2021
Sense no go kill you bro grin grin
Ebubechuwku:

Your own papa don carry you comot village, na for you to carry your pikin comot naija....do you even think like that??

So that nigeria will be your own pikin village.... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by faithfull18(f): 12:53pm On Dec 18, 2021
Hell NO, who village epp.

1 Like

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Damian61872: 12:54pm On Dec 18, 2021
Read below it

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by lacasera14(m): 12:56pm On Dec 18, 2021
Ye Port Harcourt em we living in large no envy to Dem village people. We travel Dem to calabar and Uyo to enjoy Dem Christmas where the shit Dem legit.
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Way4orward: 12:56pm On Dec 18, 2021
Some people/parents run from their villages but when they die their corpse is taken to their village and being buried in the bush or the old house they ran from.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Caseless: 12:57pm On Dec 18, 2021
Mariangeles:
Truly, I’ve always wondered how those who’ve always lived in their state of origin feel, having no other place to “look forward to”, to visit, to call “home”. Especially when it’s a city.
To think that Lagos, as chaotic as it is, is someone’s “home” is kinda disturbing.
someone told me he's from Lagos and took me to his community. Lo and behold, the guy is from Ijora. I just wept for him in my spirit.

If you are from badagry or Epe, you'll have some semblance of a village to visit. Every other part is something else.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Validated: 12:57pm On Dec 18, 2021
Mariangeles:
Truly, I’ve always wondered how those who’ve always lived in their state of origin feel, having no other place to “look forward to”, to visit, to call “home”. Especially when it’s a city.
To think that Lagos, as chaotic as it is, is someone’s “home” is kinda disturbing.
You read my mind. For me, I live in outside Nigeria, so I sometimes pity those who are born in sayCanada and have lived all their lives in a country where they face about 4 months of real cold with only 4 or so months of summer. For me, I have options, Nigeria (abuja ir Lagos), village.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Goldentulip2: 12:57pm On Dec 18, 2021
T0T0fucker:
people dey run from village people.

this one dey find village people to run to

Some people

2 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by BabaIbo: 12:57pm On Dec 18, 2021
Village is fun and sweet to visit but the expenses no be here. Except you're stupendously rich i.e wealthy.

Only on the planning, person don spend more than an average banker monthly salary.
Wetin go come sup if person eventually arrive there?

4 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 18, 2021
Mariangeles:
No it's not.

It's U outsiders dt feel dt way cos U don't feel at home in Lagos. For us, Lagos is home and always has been. We know every corner of everywhere and have family, grandparents and great grandparents wt their homes here in Lagos. We visit grandma's house in igbobi. We do ileya sallah in ebutemetta wt cousins at the general mosque and celebrate at house parties with aunts and uncles throughout December & have been doing dt from birth. As I said this is HOME!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by DrFunmisticGlow: 1:03pm On Dec 18, 2021
I don't envy them.

I won't have to spend money on a trip with our bad nigerian roads.
The cities will be less congested with traffic

2 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 18, 2021
Not really
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by BabaIbo: 1:04pm On Dec 18, 2021
T0T0fucker:

Forget that talk abeg.

Sometimes, you need to stay away from those city noise and stress and enjoy that calm and cool village setting for a short time(vacation).

It is not as if the person is suffering in the village, the money is already there.

The major reason why most people don't travel to village during festive period is due to lack of funds to run the cost associated with traveling to the village.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by SeriouslySense(m): 1:04pm On Dec 18, 2021
hmm, envy or not envy.

I would envy people who can go to the village, provided, that village is full of love and not only superficiality.

On the other hand, if it is to go to the village to show who is who, then I have no envy, it's miserable already, Its already a great value in humanity and in what we are made of, and that should be given an opportunity to become even better. cheesy cheesy

If your village is full of beliefs, in using magic to destroy others, then there is no use in going there. But if its full of compassion, and love, then i will be envious, i think, that's where i want to be. Such is key to an abundant Life on earth.

6 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by seyz91(m): 1:05pm On Dec 18, 2021
cheesy
T0T0fucker:

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by YourFavorite21(m): 1:06pm On Dec 18, 2021
Lol

i only jealous people wey dey travel abroad, grin For their holidays, and not village sad

Village people no dey take eyes see person wey fresh come get money, they will deal with you
cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by KarlWest(m): 1:09pm On Dec 18, 2021
greenie77:
Had a secondary school classmate in Maryland (Lagos), whose village/ ancestral home is Ojota(Lagos) and I used to think back then it was abnormal considering we did almost 10hrs road trip from Lagos to my village! cheesy

Sad!

IPOB/UGM/ESN has made it hard for you to visit village this year... Right?
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by tollyboy5(m): 1:12pm On Dec 18, 2021
jaxman007:
What sort of yeye question is this? To even think that it could be brought to front page
You're not in those shoes bro.
My village is in Lagos, those days if I tell people I'm goin to my town and I come back the next day they'll be like "No call that thing travel again, no be inside Lagos you dey"
The way people enjoy village some people village which is now city, just look the same.

I hear people say when they grow old they'll return to their hometown and avoid stress.
Some Seth of people can't even say that, they're already in their hometown which is a busy city

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 18, 2021
Many people have forget home and is very bad
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by BigDawsNet: 1:15pm On Dec 18, 2021
I envy those who have country to return to ....

It's not time to return yet
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Totilopussylick(m): 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2021
T0T0fucker:

at times at totofucker you really don't have ideas how sweet is the village.

They are certain people you are not allowed to visit by your immediate family members.

The Grove in the village can make you spend your transport back to the city. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by tollyboy5(m): 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2021
Leaforever:

No it's not.

It's U outsiders dt feel dt way cos U don't feel at home in Lagos. For us, Lagos is home and always has been. We know every corner of everywhere and have family, grandparents and great grandparents wt their homes here in Lagos. We visit grandma's house in igbobi. We do ileya sallah in ebutemetta wt cousins at the general mosque and celebrate at house parties with aunts and uncles throughout December & have been doing dt from birth. As I said this is HOME!
Yeah we do all those stuff.
But when people talk about returning to village when they're old. We can't relate.
Their village has lesser noise but ours is not like that.

So our old people just accept the lifestyle after all, no be every old people dey return to village sef

2 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Omniman(m): 1:18pm On Dec 18, 2021
Village people envy those people are coming to visit.

That's where they coined the term village people grin

1 Like

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by lilyheaven: 1:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
Yes, I wish I can travel, yes I will still travel but next year. I need to leave this black soot
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 18, 2021
Go to village make your village people mark your name for register

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola / Recent Trad And White Wedding Of A Nairalander (photos) / When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.