Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? (20902 Views)

Make Me Self Celebrate My Family For This Festive Season / Family Festive Giveaway / How To Cut Down Excessive Spending These Festive Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Gospel2Day: 5:22pm On Dec 18, 2021
NO. I only ENVY those who have mansion in heaven to retire/relocate to when they leave this evil sinful world.
Jesus is the ONLY WAY to Eternal Rest and Bliss.
Repent and receive Jesus NOW.
Shalom.
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Feelings79: 5:28pm On Dec 18, 2021
T0T0fucker:
people dey run from village people.

this one dey find village people to run to
I live in a village and I hear all kind of evil things ascribed to us.What I have noticed overtime is that most people who avoid the village for fear of being bewitched or say killed are usually brought back here in caskets far more younger than some of our men and women here.In some circumstances,we only get to know they are from here only when they are brought here for internment
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by preciousMI1(f): 5:32pm On Dec 18, 2021
OP relocate from your village and move to another city... Igbos don't joke with village o at least every Christmas
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by OhiOfIhima: 5:47pm On Dec 18, 2021
My village sweet die... "Okene" Best home ever!

I am super blessed man... 27th Insha Allah.
Come see food, Chai
My mommy, my two auntie, my grandma, and my uncle wives... Dem fit use food kill person.

The beautiful side of it is that... Dem go dey pity n cherish you bcoz they know say Lagos life no be moimoi.. Any small change wey u give them, they will really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Greatfullheart: 7:03pm On Dec 18, 2021
Never. Me i no no road to my village and i no wan no
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 18, 2021
yanabasee2:
Why would anyone feel envious about people traveling to their village...??

Used to have that type of zeal as a kid.... Until I went to the village and began to suffer.... go to farm and do better job..... Then return to walk miles away to fetch water from the stream.... My younger cousins who knew how to paddle the bicycle would have it easy... while I will put the bucket and climb hills....

You better be thanking your father ... There is no fun in the village...

Carnivals in the cities.... Cinemas in the cities and parks and gardens are there with rich kids.... But you want to go and be struggling local champions with village people... And their festival that they organize to kill their brothers that is living large in the city...

Eeya, it is well with your family. We did these during teen-age period but thank God he blessed my parents to build a comfortable home in the village. No fetching of water, firewoods or farming. If we want garri, we buy while traveling back to town.
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by bobkezel(m): 8:14pm On Dec 18, 2021
[center][/center][center][/center]

I have a friend in ur shoes...
He said his children will not experience such...
What did he do.....
He bought a massive land in one of the villages in his state and he built a mansion there...
He doesn't live in his state though....
During the festive seasons he takes his kids home and let them mingle freely with the villagers, while shuttling to his dad's house who lives in the villacity.
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by ariesbull: 8:31pm On Dec 18, 2021
T0T0fucker:
people dey run from village people.

this one dey find village people to run to
becuse your village don use tọrọ swear for you
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by ariesbull: 8:34pm On Dec 18, 2021
yanabasee2:

Used to have that type of zeal as a kid.... Until I went to the village and began to suffer.... go to farm and do better job..... Then return to walk miles away to fetch water from the stream.... My younger cousins who knew how to paddle the bicycle would have it easy... while I will put the bucket and climb hills....

Carnivals in the cities.... Cinemas in the cities and parks and gardens are there with rich kids.... But you want to go and be struggling local champions with village people... And their festival that they organize to kill their brothers that is living large in the city...
Lagos is a mad house... Noisy no trees and touts

Village gives you a different experience and vacation...

It is not about carnivals but change of environment and sanity and networks
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Kwinity(f): 9:06pm On Dec 18, 2021
Anybody that will talk to me about village will be considered my number one enemy. village people sha...once dem notice u, u are finished.
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Munzy14(m): 9:12pm On Dec 18, 2021
chatinent:
Even us wey get village no dey go like that.
I tire o... cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by benjanny(m): 12:21am On Dec 19, 2021
Not At All

Not because I do travel home during Yuletide.

But due to the crisis in my hometown between Soldiers and Ipob,I will be spending this Xmas in the city I reside and this is the very first time in 15 years for me to stay away from home during xmas
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by wiseoneking: 12:51am On Dec 19, 2021
MsFaith:
No. I envy those who travel abroad for Christmas touring the world, visiting nice places.

Everything about Nigeria don tire me Abeg cry
Don't ever envy people who travel abroad esp Europe and America during Christmas season. That's the worst time to travel abroad. You will be entirely indoors with extreme cold weather like -8 and snowy roads. Short days where it is already dark by 4pm. Talk of summer, ok.
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Bianda24: 3:55am On Dec 19, 2021
In those days when we used to go to the village, it was fun. But I cants try it now. Bad people everywhere,
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by okoroemeka(m): 4:21am On Dec 19, 2021
yanabasee2:

don't generalize your primitive village with others,come to my village in imo state or my friends village in anambra state you will see men living and doing business in their village driving nice flashy cars and living in duplexes,you still walk kilometers to fetch water and struggle with village people means your village is far back behind,

2 Likes

Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Nobody: 5:27am On Dec 19, 2021
KiNg0G:
Ever since I was a little boy till I became an adult, have been living in the oil City.

My both parents are from here, from the same community.

I grew up from here, still living life up in here... so this evening I decided to go check up on a friend, getting there asked about another mutual friends of ours that lived close by.
he then told me, "Tony don go village yesterday"..I say ehh.

I wasn't surprised, because tony normally goes to his village this December and spend till the first week of January, and when he comes back..he be looking more relaxed, physically fit... and can I say fresh.( sometimes I even doubt if na village him dey go or dubai)

Asking him what he does in the village, he tell us about their different festivals, carnivals, bush meat eating... and fresh ajebutters girls, you know what's up.

So tell me bros, why won't I jealous people who have village to visit?

as am here, am already in my village.
my village is a general city.
warri city... sometimes I wish my both parents didn't come from same tribe (warri) at least.

To those living in Lagos, who their village is also Lagos..like lekki, festac, ikoyi...do you relate?

What if my kids gets to ask, daddy takes us to village.
what do I say?
I need your financial assistance to address my accommodation issues
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by mediainc: 7:25am On Dec 19, 2021
Nonsense topic...no fun in those primitive village, apart from Lagos and Abuja, other states are primitive.
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Poleski: 12:12pm On Dec 19, 2021
KiNg0G:
Ever since I was a little boy till I became an adult, have been living in the oil City.

I grew up from here, still living life up in here... so this evening I decided to go check up on a friend, getting there asked about another mutual friends of ours that lived close by.

I wasn't surprised, because tony normally goes to his village this December and spend till the first week of January, and when he comes back..he be looking more relaxed, physically fit... and can I say fresh.( sometimes I even doubt if na village him dey go or dubai)

Asking him what he does in the village, he tell us about their different festivals, carnivals, bush meat eating... and fresh ajebutters girls, you know what's up.

warri city... sometimes I wish my both parents didn't come from same tribe (warri) at least.

To those living in Lagos, who their village is also Lagos..like lekki, festac, ikoyi...do you relate?

what do I say?

I was born and bred in my village and only left for a boarding secondary school in a faraway town and continued with university in another state. 

I'm now based abroad. I have a home in a town in Nigeria and still visit my village whenever I'm in Nigeria. I always get a special nostalgic feeling whenever I visit the village. This feeling extends to when I visit other villages.

A village is a place one can go to relax away from noisy and air-polluted cities or towns. It has more organic foods and the local drinks like fresh palmwines (nkwu and ngwo), especially in Igbo villages, are ​superb.
A village is more quiet and has better fresh air. That's why kids born in towns are more prone to asthma than those born and bred in villages.

Even those who don't have their own village to go to can enjoy any village if they're the adventurous types. If your friend has his or her own village to visit, you can tag along to have fun. I've taken a few friends to mine, and they still want to visit regularly.
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Luxthetic: 5:00pm On Dec 27, 2021
There are nice places to visit in Lagos...so, I don't envy them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VticiUSLXsI
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by muheeb01(m): 5:47pm On Dec 27, 2021
Some of us enjoy staying in village and making it there,some dey run for village people....this life no balance o lol

Check my signature and profile for my works....we deliver nationwide,..my office is in oyo town
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 27, 2021
KiNg0G:

what do I say?

Like you, i was born and grew up in the city but meenh, i have come to despise city live, too much crowd, noise pollution, dirts in most places.
I have vowed to return to a good village in Nigeria. I don't only want only to visit the village, i want to live in the village and eat fresh food.
Re: Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? by teeshet: 9:16pm On May 02, 2022
Mariangeles:
Truly, I’ve always wondered how those who’ve always lived in their state of origin feel, having no other place to “look forward to”, to visit, to call “home”. Especially when it’s a city.
To think that Lagos, as chaotic as it is, is someone’s “home” is kinda disturbing.
when last did you visit your village

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Woman Wants A Blood Covenant / When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child / Reasons To Stop Trying To Prove Yourself To Everyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.