Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Legal Advice Needed On Family Land Issue - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Legal Advice Needed On Family Land Issue (723 Views)

Please I Need Legal Advice Concerning Divorce As The Respondent / Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name / Land Issue Between Me And My Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Legal Advice Needed On Family Land Issue by phranco(m): 4:03pm On Dec 18, 2021
Please lawyers and experienced people on property/land matters, your knowledge is needed on this.
If a father sold his landed property that he bought with his money, without the approval/consent of his 1st and 2nd son, but his 3rd and 4th son consented and signed as witnesses. Is it lawful for the first son to reclaim/revoke the property through the court after the father is dead. Does the 1st and 2nd son have the legal right to sue the buyer to court to reclaim the fathers property because they did not consent before he sold it?

I have been having this argument with a friend for long. He said that it is a MUST that the 1st son in any family must sign before his father must sell any of his property, if not that the son has the legal right to reclaim the property when the man is gone.
I want you people to educate me on this issue, thank you.
Re: Legal Advice Needed On Family Land Issue by GboyegaD(m): 4:08pm On Dec 18, 2021
I don't have any legal knowledge however, if the father bought the property with his money, it is nobody's business what he chooses to do with it. The 1st and 2nd son should go work for their money and any attempt to encroach someone else's property will only land them behind bars.

2 Likes

Re: Legal Advice Needed On Family Land Issue by greenie77: 4:25pm On Dec 18, 2021
The property belongs to the father and can sell without the involvement of his children and in this case his sons.

If a man has willingly sold his property, his sons have no legal right to sue the buyer(s) to court to reclaim the property. The father owns the property not theirs rather they should go hustle for their own.

The sense of entitlement is sickening!

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Needed On Family Land Issue by HornyTave: 4:30pm On Dec 18, 2021
Na who get paper get land. lol... Who be first born and second born? as long as witness deh and paper legit, Omo Ogun kill all
Re: Legal Advice Needed On Family Land Issue by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:28pm On Dec 18, 2021
phranco:
Please lawyers and experienced people on property/land matters, your knowledge is needed on this.
If a father sold his landed property that he bought with his money, without the approval/consent of his 1st and 2nd son, but his 3rd and 4th son consented and signed as witnesses. Is it lawful for the first son to reclaim/revoke the property through the court after the father is dead. Does the 1st and 2nd son have the legal right to sue the buyer to court to reclaim the fathers property because they did not consent before he sold it?

I have been having this argument with a friend for long. He said that it is a MUST that the 1st son in any family must sign before his father must sell any of his property, if not that the son has the legal right to reclaim the property when the man is gone.

Imagine what this lazy guy is bringing up here. The owner of the land has sold his property, and that's what it is. Bros, you and your brother should go and hustle for your own.

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Needed On Family Land Issue by juniorstar(m): 5:36pm On Dec 18, 2021
phranco:

Once the land has been sold and there are legal document backing it...its gone cos his 2 sons acted as witnesses the same way the lawyer and the buyers witness were present...once bought some plots of land early last year but later learnt the man died of covid..may his soul rest in peace..

(1) (Reply)

The Die Is Cast!!!!! / Which Good Gen Can I Get For 30k? / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.